Muslim Girls Kicked out of TaeKwonDo tournament for not removing Religious HeadScarve

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
92 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #161
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9498 9498
 sigel2387 said:
thats crazy how can't you wear your Kemare to class?
I'm muslim and that should be takin to court
thats part of our religion females can't show certain parts
of there body
how you gonna take it to court? Under what grounds?
 11 years ago '04        #162
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 unkletae said:
Dude,
Taekwondo is a Korean martial arts and there aren't too many Muslims in Korea. And after practicing taekwondo for almost two decades and on 3 continents, I've never seen anyone disregard the rules under religious belief. No Jewish person ever refuse to take their caps off. No Christians ever refuse to take their cross off. This situation is no differrent. It has nothing to do with respecting personal belief and have everything to do with one's abilities to fallow the rules. Rules that are place for everyone's safety.
I agree wit ya.

If i was the karate instructor i'd be like "Look u can rock the scarf cuz i understand ya know. But if u get tagged in tha face, and tha scarf covers ya eyes by mistake n' then u take a mean axe kick to ya dome piece....tuff break "
 04-18-2007, 05:48 PM         #163
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sigel2387 said:
thats crazy how can't you wear your Kemare to class?
I'm muslim and that should be takin to court
thats part of our religion females can't show certain parts
of there body
As I said above, even the Jewish dudes took their caps off and if its that much of an issue, don't compete.

Why should the Muslim be the only ones to be able to hold on to their customs when every other religious people have no problems following the rules??? No christian are allowed to wear a cross. No Jewish people are allowed to wear their caps. Why should the Muslims get special treatment???

If YOUR religion is that important to YOU then don't compete and compromise YOUR belief, but. Don't expect anyone to change the rules just for your belief.

If a Muslim girl want to compete in swimming, gymnastics, or boxing, should they all change to accomodate for your belief. Instead of expecting everyone to abide your rules, some times you're going to have to follow some rules as well. If not, then don't compete.

Finally, this rule is for safety of people who are competting and NOT to oppress anyone's belief.
 11 years ago '04        #164
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9498 9498
:iagree: :applause: :applause: :applause: :iagree:

:sh*thappe: :sorry:
 11 years ago '04        #165
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,623 | Props total: 8 8
 unkletae said:
As I said above, even the Jewish dudes took their caps off and if its that much of an issue, don't compete.

Why should the Muslim be the only ones to be able to hold on to their customs when every other religious people have no problems following the rules??? No christian are allowed to wear a cross. No Jewish people are allowed to wear their caps. Why should the Muslims get special treatment???

If YOUR religion is that important to YOU then don't compete and compromise YOUR belief, but. Don't expect anyone to change the rules just for your belief.

If a Muslim girl want to compete in swimming, gymnastics, or boxing, should they all change to accomodate for your belief. Instead of expecting everyone to abide your rules, some times you're going to have to follow some rules as well. If not, then don't compete.

Finally, this rule is for safety of people who are competting and NOT to oppress anyone's belief.
You dont get the idea yet

hijab has to stay on the ladys head unless she is at home or alone with other females

there is no exceptions for someone who wears one, you know?

people keep saying rules rules rules...well the hijab isint going to hurt anyone or effect any result of the competition...it doesnt have magical powers for fu*k sake...if anything it would decrese her preformance if it covered her eye or somthin...like one of the guys said

for someone who wears the hijab its a big part of their life, keeping their head covered is a big deal for them.

You mentioned Jewish people taking off their religious hat..i beleive that the jewish hat is much like the muslim kufi...its more of a tradition, not a must
 04-19-2007, 01:58 AM         #166
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It is what it is, them Hijab won't come off they are not no kuffi,yamaka, or durag they hold no magical powers just a conviction of faith the Muslim feel strongly in. Stupid sh*t like this and people not having no consideration would keep us,the east and the west divided over such trivial things that will forever keep both side at odds. For god sake let them wear there Hijab.Your Durags don't hold the same value.
 04-19-2007, 02:01 AM         #167
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why'd they want to cover their head anyway, if you don't mind me asking; what's the idea behind that?

I mean to me it seems stupid unless you're in good weather. Because that type of clothing is made for nice weather... If Islam started in Scotland or something there'd be no such thing as 'hijabs'. The equivelant would be like me going to Egypt wearing a snowboarding jacket.

Okay, i understand the comparison isn't right because ones religous clothing and one isn't... But surely followers of islam understand that the 'hijab' is designed for hot, sandy type weather?
 04-19-2007, 03:28 AM         #168
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hijab has to stay on the ladys head unless she is at home or alone with other females

What does this imply about muslim men do you think?
 04-19-2007, 04:42 AM         #169
nYcKiNg23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nobody is forcing these girls to compete in this tournament. they are choosing to attend and compete. they should have to follow the rules set forth in the tournament if they want to compete.

i would understand if this was a requirement and they were being forced to attent it, just like being forced to attend school. then they should be allowed to wear them because it isnt fair to force someone to do something against their religion. but nobody is forcing these girls to compete.

what if my religion stated that i am required to smoke week every day? now i decide i want to work in the FBI. of course there are drug tests and if i want the job, i need to stop smoking. i would expect that. but i wouldnt expect them to drugtest me for school if its required.

basically, if it is a required activity then they should be allowed to follow their religious beliefs. but if it isnt required, then they need to make a decision, do they want to follow religious beliefs or do they want to compete in the activity?

and i respect other peoples choice of religion. but respect only goes so far, and it seems that too many people demand respect for their beliefs without giving respect for others. i was raised catholic and i wear a cross. if i was invited to a jewish religious cerimony, i would expect them to respect my beliefs and not ask me to remove the cross. at the same time, though, i would respect their beliefs and remove it for the cerimony. on the other hand if i invited a jew to my cerimony, i would hope that they would remove that cap but i would never expect it because it is their belief.
 04-19-2007, 04:59 AM         #170
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We already heard "it's the rule" & "it's there religion" ,but remember rules are made to be broken. What they think them girls going to plant a bomb in there hijab in the name of jihad
 11 years ago '05        #171
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
 noshirtforyou said:
and...?
^^im with this dude...this thread has way too many pages and what are u debating about really?? u cant wear headgear...deal with it
 04-19-2007, 06:58 AM         #172
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Utmost said:
^^im with this dude...this thread has way too many pages and what are u debating about really?? u cant wear headgear...deal with it
:applause: :applause: Thanks for contributing to the thread... Well it just goes to show how such trivial things cause a rift between the west and east, what we consider frivolous they consider very sacred.
 04-19-2007, 08:24 AM         #173
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImamThug187 said:
You dont get the idea yet

there is no exceptions for someone who wears one, you know?

people keep saying rules rules rules...well the hijab isint going to hurt anyone or effect any result of the competition...it doesnt have magical powers for fu*k sake...if anything it would decrese her preformance if it covered her eye or somthin...like one of the guys said

for someone who wears the hijab its a big part of their life, keeping their head covered is a big deal for them.

You mentioned Jewish people taking off their religious hat..i beleive that the jewish hat is much like the muslim kufi...its more of a tradition, not a must
Originally Posted by DINER0
It is what it is, them Hijab won't come off they are not no kuffi,yamaka, or durag they hold no magical powers just a conviction of faith the Muslim feel strongly in. Stupid sh*t like this and people not having no consideration would keep us,the east and the west divided over such trivial things that will forever keep both side at odds. For god sake let them wear there Hijab.Your Durags don't hold the same value.

hate to sound cold, but that is her belief. it has nothing to do with the rest of the world. the world can respect your belief without conforming to it. every societies and nationalities have their own customs, cultures, and religious belief, not just the Muslims. if the others can sacrafice a little to conform with society, they do. that's all i'm saying about the girl. if not, then don't compete.

let me ask you this way then. when a Muslim goes to a restaurant, do they demand that all pork to be removed from the building or do they simply not order the pork dish???
 04-19-2007, 08:40 AM         #174
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DINER0 said:
We already heard "it's the rule" & "it's there religion" ,but remember rules are made to be broken. What they think them girls going to plant a bomb in there hijab in the name of jihad
now you're taking it too far. how in the hell does bomb even get figured in with a head scarf???

it's like nYcKiNg23 said,
nobody is forcing these girls to compete in this tournament. they are choosing to attend and compete. they should have to follow the rules set forth in the tournament if they want to compete.
key word being choose

it's not about her being a Muslim or oppressing anyone's belief. it's about rules. and no, rules were not meant to be broken. that's way people go to jail/prison or receive other types of punishment if they BRAKE the RULES. let me ask you, why should an entire organization change their rules so one girl could compete??? what if a person in a wheel chair wanted to compete??? or person with a missing leg, or a blind person??? what if a rastafarian wanted to smoke a fat sack before the competition??? i think it's absolutely ridiculous to even waste this much energy on a such a trivial issue. follow the rules or don't compete, but some how some people have manage to make a "east vs west" seperation??? this is just retarded. follow the fricken rules or don't compete. simple.
 04-19-2007, 08:42 AM         #175
snoopaliciouS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow, 12 pages

but come on, its a fu*king rule so
just take it off damn
 11 years ago '04        #176
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
 IRemainRaw said:
What does this imply about muslim men do you think?

it doesnt imply sh*t, it has nothing to do with muslim men
 11 years ago '04        #177
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
 unkletae said:
hate to sound cold, but that is her belief. it has nothing to do with the rest of the world. the world can respect your belief without conforming to it. every societies and nationalities have their own customs, cultures, and religious belief, not just the Muslims. if the others can sacrafice a little to conform with society, they do. that's all i'm saying about the girl. if not, then don't compete.

let me ask you this way then. when a Muslim goes to a restaurant, do they demand that all pork to be removed from the building or do they simply not order the pork dish???
lmao!!!! @ the last question :applause:

Its not just her belief its a part of her, just like your hair is a part of you (unless your bald, my bad)

and as for your question, dont gimie that man ahahahaha..of course they just ask for a non pork dish..we arent born allergic to pork haha
 11 years ago '04        #178
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
Why'd they want to cover their head anyway, if you don't mind me asking; what's the idea behind that?

I mean to me it seems stupid unless you're in good weather. Because that type of clothing is made for nice weather... If Islam started in Scotland or something there'd be no such thing as 'hijabs'. The equivelant would be like me going to Egypt wearing a snowboarding jacket.

Okay, i understand the comparison isn't right because ones religous clothing and one isn't... But surely followers of islam understand that the 'hijab' is designed for hot, sandy type weather?
it doesnt have alot to do with the weather, its about covering the hair

hair makes a female alot more attractive and the hijab is there for when your daugheter/wife goes out guys wont be starting at them, you know? like they wont b looked at in a way where people are gona ask them to go for a date...thats what ive heard about it

if you do a bit of digging into this topic there is a direct verse from the Qur'an translated in english about it..that would help clerify

Last edited by ImamThug187; 04-19-2007 at 02:53 PM..
 04-19-2007, 03:20 PM         #179
TaStyskaTer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is tough. My opinion goes like this. The rules of the game should remain. However, i total respect the girls religion. To everyone who is asking, "Y can't they just take it off"? It is personal, so let them be. We must respect everyone though. sh*t, what am i saying bottom line is the girl had the choice to compete, and she needed to be aware of the rules. Sucks but there are rules that apply to everyone, and sure a.ss hell won't change for a certain group. Thats just that. Life's not FAIR!!(Message not intended to be cold)
 04-19-2007, 03:36 PM         #180
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImamThug187 said:
lmao!!!! @ the last question :applause:

Its not just her belief its a part of her, just like your hair is a part of you (unless your bald, my bad)

and as for your question, dont gimie that man ahahahaha..of course they just ask for a non pork dish..we arent born allergic to pork haha
I guess that last question was little bit much, but I thought the reason for me asking was valid. But to go over it again, its an activity she chose to participate, so like everyone else she must follow the rules. As I mentioned in one of my recent replies, what about a person in a wheelchair, or a person without a arm or/and leg, or Rastafarian who wants to smoke a fat sack before the competition??? Do your bend the rules for all of them??? Its not anything she is require or something that is critical to life, so if the scarf means that much to her, then just don't compete.

I hope I don't sound like a anti Muslim person because that is very far from the truth. I feel a rule should not be change for just one group of people, when the same rule has served its purpose of protecting people. The rules are there to protect people and not to oppress people. And like how you answered my question, you would simply not order the pork dish instead of asking the menu to be changed so it could exclude pork. Its really not that different from the situation we are debating.

I chose my word carefully incase you mistaken them for a anti Muslim talk. Hope I did not offend you, for this is not my intent.

Last edited by unkle; 04-19-2007 at 03:43 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy