Muslim Girls Kicked out of TaeKwonDo tournament for not removing Religious HeadScarve

most viewed right now
 71
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 65
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 59
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 04-18-2007, 09:00 AM         #141
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It not bout being no crazy Jihad al queda lunatic,it all boils down to respect. It like if you from the street you have certain codes & rules you abide by that some squares wont adhere to or care to understand. it's more like the bloods & crips from Kali or disciples in the Chi them n*gga live by certain rules a n*gga in NY wont understand but if u cross the line even if you dont mean to you get ya wig pushed back,right?
 11 years ago '04        #142
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 r a n c i d said:
Can you give me a plausable reason as to why 'their' culture should be respected.

Or why any religous culture should be respected for that matter.
Cuz thats how they where raised and brought up in the world. Everyone comes from different backgrounds and ways of life and we should respect that. Nobody has the right to tell someone else "you shouldnt do that" just cuz they dont understand.

If the girl wanna wear a head wrap then so be it. Its not hurtin' nobody. I advocate people bringin' they customs with them into america and not conforming to white american customs, cuz this country is so damn ignorant about the rest of the world we live in and we need to learn. We got this superiority complex that alotta these otha countries is really gettin' tired of.

This sh*t relates to me cuz i ended up havin' to cut my damn braids just so i can get a damn job. I gotta conform to these ignorant fu*ks cuz they can't shake tha idea that "all black males with alotta hair are thugs/criminals". And havin' braids/dreds is me identifyin' with my african heritage. You get kidnapped from ya own country, brainwashed, enslaved and discriminated against, and then haters even wanna dead the little part of identity you have left in your culture. Whats next? Am i too dark for you now?

Im tired of bein' uncomfortable so i can make otha people that really dont give a fu*k about me comfortable.


Last edited by One-O-One; 04-18-2007 at 09:08 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #143
OnTheReal 
space
avatar space
space
$4,220 | Props total: 495 495
It's simple if you don't follow the rules you cannot be in the tournament.

Does not the same rules apply to everyone in the tournament?
 04-18-2007, 09:21 AM         #144
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ignorant Negroes,Poor White Trash,Wetbacks, or any waste of sperm need to justified the action of a society that has there nose up and look down on all cultures across the planet & have the nerve to wonder why were so hated
 11 years ago '05        #145
Hyphy707 
space
avatar space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
here's what I can't understand as far as their religion goes.

why do you want to cover up all the women? there's some bad ones out there, but you can never tell cuz they can't even show their wrist? WTF is that?

i ain't sh*ttin' on islam or nothing' like that, but what kind of religion treats women like sh*t, and covers them up, so only your husband can see you? talk about insecurity issues.
 04-18-2007, 09:56 AM         #146
Mbrew457  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
haha that was in an episode of the Sopranos
 11 years ago '04        #147
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
avatar space
space
$22,150 | Props total: 9457 9457
 DINER0 said:
Im not at all religious,but you have to respect other cultures. I believe people belief no matter how trivial should take precedent over any tournament rules. The sh*t is blown out of proportion. All im saying that why Muslim hate the west cause we don't respect there culture .
I agree. I am religious and I do see your point. But just like we're supposed to respect their culture, they must respect the culture surrounding the tournament. If they were respecting that culture, they would remove their head scarfs. But they are not and placing themselves and their culture above the culture they're trying to participate in. That's where the issue is.
 04-18-2007, 10:14 AM         #148
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
I agree. I am religious and I do see your point. But just like we're supposed to respect their culture, they must respect the culture surrounding the tournament. If they were respecting that culture, they would remove their head scarfs. But they are not and placing themselves and their culture above the culture they're trying to participate in. That's where the issue is.
:applause: :applause:

I see your point likewise but I know Muslim take there belief very serious and wont see them complying. They hold things like that very sacred. It's like America hold the National Anthem sacred,or Christian hold the Cross sacred or Catholic there saint... All Im saying you got to look it from both side, I agree rules are rules, I don't see whats the big deal if they let them have there religious scarves.
 11 years ago '04        #149
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
avatar space
space
$22,150 | Props total: 9457 9457
 DINER0 said:
:applause: :applause:

I see your point likewise but I know Muslim take there belief very serious and wont see them complying. They hold things like that very sacred. It's like America hold the National Anthem sacred,or Christian hold the Cross sacred or Catholic there saint... All Im saying you got to look it from both side, I agree rules are rules, I don't see whats the big deal if they let them have there religious scarves.
I think there will always be conflicts like this, because people naturally don't want to surcome to another individual. People want to feel like they are justified and validated for being them. With all the tensions going on in the world today, especially dealing with any middle eastern cultures, I think this is being blown up more than it really needs to.

If I wasn't allowed to participate the way I wanted to in an activity, I would either conform to the rules of that establishment, or I would attempt to find an alternate one where I could participate the way I wanted to. I think, as people have said on here, there were other martial arts schools that allowed the head scarf to be worn.
 04-18-2007, 10:59 AM         #150
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
I think there will always be conflicts like this, because people naturally don't want to surcome to another individual. People want to feel like they are justified and validated for being them. With all the tensions going on in the world today, especially dealing with any middle eastern cultures, I think this is being blown up more than it really needs to.

If I wasn't allowed to participate the way I wanted to in an activity, I would either conform to the rules of that establishment, or I would attempt to find an alternate one where I could participate the way I wanted to. I think, as people have said on here, there were other martial arts schools that allowed the head scarf to be worn.
Definitely agree.it's a shame that how it is in this day & age. When it shouldn't even be like that, all of us got our differences but like Big said "n*ggaz Bleed Like Us"
 11 years ago '04        #151
S.O.S.A 
space
avatar space
space
$823 | Props total: 0 0
SMH @ most of these comments..
 11 years ago '07        #152
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,189 | Props total: 4 4
We let them wear those turbans and sh*t next thing ya know they gonna wanna go to school with bombs strapped to there chest, stop it here.
 11 years ago '06        #153
BoxerE 
space
avatar space
space
$1,470 | Props total: 0 0
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Yea, there's rules for reasons. I understand their religious beliefs consist of wearing the head scarf, but if you are going to participate in a public tournament, you have to realize that there are going to be regulations. They wouldn't let you wear shoes or other articles of clothing. So why should they make an exception because one group has it as part of their culture. Then you'd have to let anyone who bi*ches about something they want to wear, sport whatever they want. It's not a time for self expression. It's a time for whoopin a.ss.
that sh*t had me rollin. At first i was like ok this dude has a good point then he ends it with a classic line "It's a time for whoopin a.ss." props
 11 years ago '04        #154
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
I agree. I am religious and I do see your point. But just like we're supposed to respect their culture, they must respect the culture surrounding the tournament. If they were respecting that culture, they would remove their head scarfs. But they are not and placing themselves and their culture above the culture they're trying to participate in. That's where the issue is.

I see where u comin' from tho. But in this instance its like "whats the big deal, let her wear tha scarf..." If its not a real health issue and not fu*kin up tha game then its all good.

Im not super-religious. But i understand how important religion is to people. And if i was a deep Christian, Muslim, Jewish or whateva. I wouldnt put my karate practice over my religious beliefs. Thats like sayin' this spinning roundhouse is more important than your creator. a.ss-backwards
 04-18-2007, 11:48 AM         #155
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Use to compete in taekwondo all throughout the 80s and 90s and I've seen Jewish dudes take their caps off and anyone with cross around the neck were removed for safety issues. I really don't see this as any different. If you can not follow the rules because of your religion, then don't compete. Don't try to change the rules so you can respect your religion but take a sh*t on rules of the sport. In a full contack sport, these rules are set to protect the people. Not to oppress anyone.
 11 years ago '05        #156
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 unkletae said:
Use to compete in taekwondo all throughout the 80s and 90s and I've seen Jewish dudes take their caps off and anyone with cross around the neck were removed for safety issues. I really don't see this as any different. If you can not follow the rules because of your religion, then don't compete. Don't try to change the rules so you can respect your religion but take a sh*t on rules of the sport. In a full contack sport, these rules are set to protect the people. Not to oppress anyone.
 04-18-2007, 11:55 AM         #157
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The tournament is in Canada & this is a Asian sport were a large percentage is in fact Muslim, How can them Hockey Cannucks know about Tae Kwon Do which is definitely something that they took from The East and brought it to The West. Tolerance for other people custom & religion should be encourage.
 11 years ago '04        #158
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
avatar space
space
$22,150 | Props total: 9457 9457
 One-O-One said:
I see where u comin' from tho. But in this instance its like "whats the big deal, let her wear tha scarf..." If its not a real health issue and not fu*kin up tha game then its all good.

Im not super-religious. But i understand how important religion is to people. And if i was a deep Christian, Muslim, Jewish or whateva. I wouldnt put my karate practice over my religious beliefs. Thats like sayin' this spinning roundhouse is more important than your creator. a.ss-backwards
I feel you. And I agree. I just think that they said that because, lets say two chick were f!ghting. One had a head scarf on. She gets a "kiya" right to the neck and the scarf covers her eyes. They will have to stop the match, or chick is gonna get mashed on. I think that is unfair to the other contestant. Or if either participants hands or whatever got caught in the scarf, it could prove to be harmful.

When I was in martial arts back in the day, the only thing you could have on was your "gi",-sp? Just the pants, shirt and your belt. that's all. no jelwery or anything, all for saftey and fairness concerns.
 04-18-2007, 12:09 PM         #159
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DINER0 said:
The tournament is in Canada & this is a Asian sport were a large percentage is in fact Muslim, How can them Hockey Cannucks know about Tae Kwon Do which is definitely something that they took from The East and brought it to The West. Tolerance for other people custom & religion should be encourage.
Dude,
Taekwondo is a Korean martial arts and there aren't too many Muslims in Korea. And after practicing taekwondo for almost two decades and on 3 continents, I've never seen anyone disregard the rules under religious belief. No Jewish person ever refuse to take their caps off. No Christians ever refuse to take their cross off. This situation is no differrent. It has nothing to do with respecting personal belief and have everything to do with one's abilities to fallow the rules. Rules that are place for everyone's safety.
 04-18-2007, 04:58 PM         #160
sigel2387  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats crazy how can't you wear your Kemare to class?
I'm muslim and that should be takin to court
thats part of our religion females can't show certain parts
of there body
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 40
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 28
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
49 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
58 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy