Muslim Girls Kicked out of TaeKwonDo tournament for not removing Religious HeadScarve

most viewed right now
17 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+28  83
26 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

12 years ago '04        #151
S.O.S.A 
space
space
$823 | Props total: 0 0
SMH @ most of these comments..

12 years ago '07        #152
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,196 | Props total: 24 24
We let them wear those turbans and sh*t next thing ya know they gonna wanna go to school with bombs strapped to there chest, stop it here.

12 years ago '06        #153
BoxerE 
space
space
$1,470 | Props total: 0 0
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
Yea, there's rules for reasons. I understand their religious beliefs consist of wearing the head scarf, but if you are going to participate in a public tournament, you have to realize that there are going to be regulations. They wouldn't let you wear shoes or other articles of clothing. So why should they make an exception because one group has it as part of their culture. Then you'd have to let anyone who bi*ches about something they want to wear, sport whatever they want. It's not a time for self expression. It's a time for whoopin a.ss.
that sh*t had me rollin. At first i was like ok this dude has a good point then he ends it with a classic line "It's a time for whoopin a.ss." props

12 years ago '04        #154
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8933 8933
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
I agree. I am religious and I do see your point. But just like we're supposed to respect their culture, they must respect the culture surrounding the tournament. If they were respecting that culture, they would remove their head scarfs. But they are not and placing themselves and their culture above the culture they're trying to participate in. That's where the issue is.

I see where u comin' from tho. But in this instance its like "whats the big deal, let her wear tha scarf..." If its not a real health issue and not fu*kin up tha game then its all good.

Im not super-religious. But i understand how important religion is to people. And if i was a deep Christian, Muslim, Jewish or whateva. I wouldnt put my karate practice over my religious beliefs. Thats like sayin' this spinning roundhouse is more important than your creator. a.ss-backwards

04-18-2007, 11:48 AM         #155
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Use to compete in taekwondo all throughout the 80s and 90s and I've seen Jewish dudes take their caps off and anyone with cross around the neck were removed for safety issues. I really don't see this as any different. If you can not follow the rules because of your religion, then don't compete. Don't try to change the rules so you can respect your religion but take a sh*t on rules of the sport. In a full contack sport, these rules are set to protect the people. Not to oppress anyone.

12 years ago '05        #156
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 unkletae said
Use to compete in taekwondo all throughout the 80s and 90s and I've seen Jewish dudes take their caps off and anyone with cross around the neck were removed for safety issues. I really don't see this as any different. If you can not follow the rules because of your religion, then don't compete. Don't try to change the rules so you can respect your religion but take a sh*t on rules of the sport. In a full contack sport, these rules are set to protect the people. Not to oppress anyone.

04-18-2007, 11:55 AM         #157
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The tournament is in Canada & this is a Asian sport were a large percentage is in fact Muslim, How can them Hockey Cannucks know about Tae Kwon Do which is definitely something that they took from The East and brought it to The West. Tolerance for other people custom & religion should be encourage.

12 years ago '04        #158
ItAlY2BkLyN 240 heat pts240
space
space
$24,526 | Props total: 15191 15191
 One-O-One said
I see where u comin' from tho. But in this instance its like "whats the big deal, let her wear tha scarf..." If its not a real health issue and not fu*kin up tha game then its all good.

Im not super-religious. But i understand how important religion is to people. And if i was a deep Christian, Muslim, Jewish or whateva. I wouldnt put my karate practice over my religious beliefs. Thats like sayin' this spinning roundhouse is more important than your creator. a.ss-backwards
I feel you. And I agree. I just think that they said that because, lets say two chick were f!ghting. One had a head scarf on. She gets a "kiya" right to the neck and the scarf covers her eyes. They will have to stop the match, or chick is gonna get mashed on. I think that is unfair to the other contestant. Or if either participants hands or whatever got caught in the scarf, it could prove to be harmful.

When I was in martial arts back in the day, the only thing you could have on was your "gi",-sp? Just the pants, shirt and your belt. that's all. no jelwery or anything, all for saftey and fairness concerns.

04-18-2007, 12:09 PM         #159
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DINER0 said
The tournament is in Canada & this is a Asian sport were a large percentage is in fact Muslim, How can them Hockey Cannucks know about Tae Kwon Do which is definitely something that they took from The East and brought it to The West. Tolerance for other people custom & religion should be encourage.
Dude,
Taekwondo is a Korean martial arts and there aren't too many Muslims in Korea. And after practicing taekwondo for almost two decades and on 3 continents, I've never seen anyone disregard the rules under religious belief. No Jewish person ever refuse to take their caps off. No Christians ever refuse to take their cross off. This situation is no differrent. It has nothing to do with respecting personal belief and have everything to do with one's abilities to fallow the rules. Rules that are place for everyone's safety.

04-18-2007, 04:58 PM         #160
sigel2387  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats crazy how can't you wear your Kemare to class?
I'm muslim and that should be takin to court
thats part of our religion females can't show certain parts
of there body

12 years ago '04        #161
space
space
 sigel2387 said
of there body
how you gonna take it to court? Under what grounds?

12 years ago '04        #162
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8933 8933
 unkletae said
Dude,
Taekwondo is a Korean martial arts and there aren't too many Muslims in Korea. And after practicing taekwondo for almost two decades and on 3 continents, I've never seen anyone disregard the rules under religious belief. No Jewish person ever refuse to take their caps off. No Christians ever refuse to take their cross off. This situation is no differrent. It has nothing to do with respecting personal belief and have everything to do with one's abilities to fallow the rules. Rules that are place for everyone's safety.
I agree wit ya.

If i was the karate instructor i'd be like "Look u can rock the scarf cuz i understand ya know. But if u get tagged in tha face, and tha scarf covers ya eyes by mistake n' then u take a mean axe kick to ya dome piece....tuff break "

04-18-2007, 05:48 PM         #163
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sigel2387 said
of there body
As I said above, even the Jewish dudes took their caps off and if its that much of an issue, don't compete.

Why should the Muslim be the only ones to be able to hold on to their customs when every other religious people have no problems following the rules??? No christian are allowed to wear a cross. No Jewish people are allowed to wear their caps. Why should the Muslims get special treatment???

If YOUR religion is that important to YOU then don't compete and compromise YOUR belief, but. Don't expect anyone to change the rules just for your belief.

If a Muslim girl want to compete in swimming, gymnastics, or boxing, should they all change to accomodate for your belief. Instead of expecting everyone to abide your rules, some times you're going to have to follow some rules as well. If not, then don't compete.

Finally, this rule is for safety of people who are competting and NOT to oppress anyone's belief.

12 years ago '04        #164
space
space
:iagree: :applause: :applause: :applause: :iagree:

:sh*thappe: :sorry:

12 years ago '04        #165
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,623 | Props total: 8 8
 unkletae said
As I said above, even the Jewish dudes took their caps off and if its that much of an issue, don't compete.

Why should the Muslim be the only ones to be able to hold on to their customs when every other religious people have no problems following the rules??? No christian are allowed to wear a cross. No Jewish people are allowed to wear their caps. Why should the Muslims get special treatment???

If YOUR religion is that important to YOU then don't compete and compromise YOUR belief, but. Don't expect anyone to change the rules just for your belief.

If a Muslim girl want to compete in swimming, gymnastics, or boxing, should they all change to accomodate for your belief. Instead of expecting everyone to abide your rules, some times you're going to have to follow some rules as well. If not, then don't compete.

Finally, this rule is for safety of people who are competting and NOT to oppress anyone's belief.
You dont get the idea yet

hijab has to stay on the ladys head unless she is at home or alone with other females

there is no exceptions for someone who wears one, you know?

people keep saying rules rules rules...well the hijab isint going to hurt anyone or effect any result of the competition...it doesnt have magical powers for fu*k sake...if anything it would decrese her preformance if it covered her eye or somthin...like one of the guys said

for someone who wears the hijab its a big part of their life, keeping their head covered is a big deal for them.

You mentioned Jewish people taking off their religious hat..i beleive that the jewish hat is much like the muslim kufi...its more of a tradition, not a must

04-19-2007, 01:58 AM         #166
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It is what it is, them Hijab won't come off they are not no kuffi,yamaka, or durag they hold no magical powers just a conviction of faith the Muslim feel strongly in. Stupid sh*t like this and people not having no consideration would keep us,the east and the west divided over such trivial things that will forever keep both side at odds. For god sake let them wear there Hijab.Your Durags don't hold the same value.

04-19-2007, 02:01 AM         #167
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why'd they want to cover their head anyway, if you don't mind me asking; what's the idea behind that?

I mean to me it seems stupid unless you're in good weather. Because that type of clothing is made for nice weather... If Islam started in Scotland or something there'd be no such thing as 'hijabs'. The equivelant would be like me going to Egypt wearing a snowboarding jacket.

Okay, i understand the comparison isn't right because ones religous clothing and one isn't... But surely followers of islam understand that the 'hijab' is designed for hot, sandy type weather?

04-19-2007, 03:28 AM         #168
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hijab has to stay on the ladys head unless she is at home or alone with other females

What does this imply about muslim men do you think?

04-19-2007, 04:42 AM         #169
nYcKiNg23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nobody is forcing these girls to compete in this tournament. they are choosing to attend and compete. they should have to follow the rules set forth in the tournament if they want to compete.

i would understand if this was a requirement and they were being forced to attent it, just like being forced to attend school. then they should be allowed to wear them because it isnt fair to force someone to do something against their religion. but nobody is forcing these girls to compete.

what if my religion stated that i am required to smoke week every day? now i decide i want to work in the FBI. of course there are drug tests and if i want the job, i need to stop smoking. i would expect that. but i wouldnt expect them to drugtest me for school if its required.

basically, if it is a required activity then they should be allowed to follow their religious beliefs. but if it isnt required, then they need to make a decision, do they want to follow religious beliefs or do they want to compete in the activity?

and i respect other peoples choice of religion. but respect only goes so far, and it seems that too many people demand respect for their beliefs without giving respect for others. i was raised catholic and i wear a cross. if i was invited to a jewish religious cerimony, i would expect them to respect my beliefs and not ask me to remove the cross. at the same time, though, i would respect their beliefs and remove it for the cerimony. on the other hand if i invited a jew to my cerimony, i would hope that they would remove that cap but i would never expect it because it is their belief.

04-19-2007, 04:59 AM         #170
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We already heard "it's the rule" & "it's there religion" ,but remember rules are made to be broken. What they think them girls going to plant a bomb in there hijab in the name of jihad

12 years ago '05        #171
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,565 | Props total: 156 156
 noshirtforyou said
and...?
^^im with this dude...this thread has way too many pages and what are u debating about really?? u cant wear headgear...deal with it

04-19-2007, 06:58 AM         #172
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Utmost said
^^im with this dude...this thread has way too many pages and what are u debating about really?? u cant wear headgear...deal with it
:applause: :applause: Thanks for contributing to the thread... Well it just goes to show how such trivial things cause a rift between the west and east, what we consider frivolous they consider very sacred.

04-19-2007, 08:24 AM         #173
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImamThug187 said
You dont get the idea yet

there is no exceptions for someone who wears one, you know?

people keep saying rules rules rules...well the hijab isint going to hurt anyone or effect any result of the competition...it doesnt have magical powers for fu*k sake...if anything it would decrese her preformance if it covered her eye or somthin...like one of the guys said

for someone who wears the hijab its a big part of their life, keeping their head covered is a big deal for them.

You mentioned Jewish people taking off their religious hat..i beleive that the jewish hat is much like the muslim kufi...its more of a tradition, not a must
Originally Posted by DINER0
It is what it is, them Hijab won't come off they are not no kuffi,yamaka, or durag they hold no magical powers just a conviction of faith the Muslim feel strongly in. Stupid sh*t like this and people not having no consideration would keep us,the east and the west divided over such trivial things that will forever keep both side at odds. For god sake let them wear there Hijab.Your Durags don't hold the same value.

hate to sound cold, but that is her belief. it has nothing to do with the rest of the world. the world can respect your belief without conforming to it. every societies and nationalities have their own customs, cultures, and religious belief, not just the Muslims. if the others can sacrafice a little to conform with society, they do. that's all i'm saying about the girl. if not, then don't compete.

let me ask you this way then. when a Muslim goes to a restaurant, do they demand that all pork to be removed from the building or do they simply not order the pork dish???

04-19-2007, 08:40 AM         #174
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DINER0 said
We already heard "it's the rule" & "it's there religion" ,but remember rules are made to be broken. What they think them girls going to plant a bomb in there hijab in the name of jihad
now you're taking it too far. how in the hell does bomb even get figured in with a head scarf???

it's like nYcKiNg23 said,
nobody is forcing these girls to compete in this tournament. they are choosing to attend and compete. they should have to follow the rules set forth in the tournament if they want to compete.
key word being choose

it's not about her being a Muslim or oppressing anyone's belief. it's about rules. and no, rules were not meant to be broken. that's way people go to jail/prison or receive other types of punishment if they BRAKE the RULES. let me ask you, why should an entire organization change their rules so one girl could compete??? what if a person in a wheel chair wanted to compete??? or person with a missing leg, or a blind person??? what if a rastafarian wanted to smoke a fat sack before the competition??? i think it's absolutely ridiculous to even waste this much energy on a such a trivial issue. follow the rules or don't compete, but some how some people have manage to make a "east vs west" seperation??? this is just retarded. follow the fricken rules or don't compete. simple.

04-19-2007, 08:42 AM         #175
snoopaliciouS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow, 12 pages

but come on, its a fu*king rule so
just take it off damn

Home      

most viewed right now
-22online now  23
Dec 15 - 10 year old boy in drag danced for money at a NY gay bar. MSM Silent!..
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+17online now  22
Image(s) inside AY Y wud I post ya sister ?! (when I could just post her fam & friends..
114 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+20online now  18
Image(s) inside Whats POPPING?! PoP FUNKO Collectors
86 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+71online now  18
Video inside This is the reason JayZ dropped his surprise album on Nas' release week..
115 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
So Young Thug a mason mason
220 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Travis Scott STICKS BY his word and SONS KANYE
88 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+37online now  9
Video inside Chris Hansen still catching dudes
48 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  8
Kanye says 2 of the 12 lost tribes of Israel are black. Is he correct?
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy