Muslim Girls Kicked out of TaeKwonDo tournament for not removing Religious HeadScarve

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
154 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #101
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,623 | Props total: 8 8
Not to mention Ive seen many Sikh men with turbans in politics and goverment with canada and aswell as police officers

its a part of who they are, and of living in a free country everyone should RESPECT who you are
 11 years ago '04        #102
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
 ImamThug187 said:
Do you realize what your saying

Your acting like schools want Muslims and Sikhs to take off their religious wears

Your point makes no sence, school boards and the majority of goverments want their populations to feel secure and welcome..by doing this they respect their religious views and practices..and Why not? its not like a hijab or a turban is going to hurt anyone

Its respect
I think what he was saying is that the reason they generally don't tell them to take it off is because they are afraid of the backlash they would get. People saying they're not being tollerant of other people and their beliefs.

That goes into the over-sensitiveness about being politically correct all the time. God or Allah forbid we ever offend anyone by standing up for OUR own personal beliefs.
 04-17-2007, 05:13 PM         #103
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImamThug187 said:
Do you realize what your saying

Your acting like schools want Muslims and Sikhs to take off their religious wears

Your point makes no sence, school boards and the majority of goverments want their populations to feel secure and welcome..by doing this they respect their religious views and practices..and Why not? its not like a hijab or a turban is going to hurt anyone

Its respect
Schools do want that to happen. Why would they want religous people in their schools, the same people who singlehandledly held back the human advancement with their backwards thought?

If religous people had it their way science wouldn't be taught in schools. You think the school honestly wants religion?
 04-17-2007, 05:21 PM         #104
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImamThug187 said:
Not to mention Ive seen many Sikh men with turbans in politics and goverment with canada and aswell as police officers

its a part of who they are, and of living in a free country everyone should RESPECT who you are
See that's where we strongly disagree. I don't agree with that whole respecting others beliefs stuff. It's my belief that respecting other peoples beliefs, it's whats stopping us as people from progressing.

Kids in my school wore the scarfs... no problem with that to me. But i understand they were allowed in fear rather than in respect. If the school said, okay, no religous scarfs... The school would be torn to pieces in a few days, and in the media for 'racism' and 'prejudice'.

But if you were to ask me if i wanted scarfs and crosses in school then no. If i had my way i'd of banished religion from school. As i wasted an hour of valuable time a week for 5 years being taught 'Religous Education' instead of real knowledge... Not to mention the religous nuts would ruin science class on a weekly basis with their primitive thought pattern.

So yeah, i respect peoples beliefs if they're worth respect. If i think they're stupid then i won't respect peoples beliefs at all. The same way i don't respect Gays, animal abusers and pedophiles... Now i'm not trying to say religion is in with those 3 things, but you get my point
 11 years ago '04        #105
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
Schools do want that to happen. Why would they want religous people in their schools, the same people who singlehandledly held back the human advancement with their backwards thought?

If religous people had it their way science wouldn't be taught in schools. You think the school honestly wants religion?
Regardless of a person is religious or not, its not hurting anyone if they are wearing a turban or hijab

my good friend has never cut his hair, he wears a turban and hes studying bio in uni

hes a genius..he is religious, yet he is studying a science..

Catholic schools teach science, do they not?

I keep stressing that its not hurting anyone is why they show respect and reason why its openly excepted

Sikhs are also REQUIRED to wear a sword...you dont see any Sikhs wearing swords in schools...because that would be dangerous....but, a turban or hijab is not dangerous

there is no benifiet in making them take off their wears

i dont know about u.s. but in canada they are tolerant

our p.m has visted Sikh temples and Mosques and paid respect
 04-17-2007, 05:26 PM         #106
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImamThug187 said:
Regardless of a person is religious or not, its not hurting anyone if they are wearing a turban or hijab

my good friend has never cut his hair, he wears a turban and hes studying bio in uni

hes a genius..he is religious, yet he is studying a science..

Catholic schools teach science, do they not?

I keep stressing that its not hurting anyone is why they show respect and reason why its openly excepted

Sikhs are also REQUIRED to wear a sword...you dont see any Sikhs wearing swords in schools...because that would be dangerous....but, a turban or hijab is not dangerous

there is no benifiet in making them take off their wears

i dont know about u.s. but in canada they are tolerant

our p.m has visted Sikh temples and Mosques and paid respect
It hurting people is subjective to your own beliefs. If you were to ask me is religion hurting humanity i'd say yes, in every possible way. And head scards, swords and crosses are all in support of religion, support of the hurt on humanity.

So wether it's doing any harm is subject to your own beliefs.
 11 years ago '05        #107
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,783 | Props total: 1635 1635
 r a n c i d said:
And religion doesn't have sh*t to do with a martial arts tournament.

I'm getting tired of these debates over religous uniform, wether its a cross on your necklace or a headscarf around your head. Until you can prove your religous believes to be factual all this religous bullsh*t needs to stop.

You can't prove your beliefs to be true so why should someone allow you to wear different uniform because of your beliefs?

Would you let a scientologist wear seperate clothing because of his beliefs. No, you wouldn't... and that's why we shouldn't let other farfetched whacko religions force their backwards beliefs onto us

I can't wait until couple hundred years down the line when religion will be deemed a mental illness
fu*king props man real talk shame sh*t i was thinkin....

religion is bullsh*t unless proven
 11 years ago '04        #108
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
See that's where we strongly disagree. I don't agree with that whole respecting others beliefs stuff. It's my belief that respecting other peoples beliefs, it's whats stopping us as people from progressing.

Kids in my school wore the scarfs... no problem with that to me. But i understand they were allowed in fear rather than in respect. If the school said, okay, no religous scarfs... The school would be torn to pieces in a few days, and in the media for 'racism' and 'prejudice'.

But if you were to ask me if i wanted scarfs and crosses in school then no. If i had my way i'd of banished religion from school. As i wasted an hour of valuable time a week for 5 years being taught 'Religous Education' instead of real knowledge... Not to mention the religous nuts would ruin science class on a weekly basis with their primitive thought pattern.

So yeah, i respect peoples beliefs if they're worth respect. If i think they're stupid then i won't respect peoples beliefs at all. The same way i don't respect Gays, animal abusers and pedophiles... Now i'm not trying to say religion is in with those 3 things, but you get my point
yea i feel u, i respect peoples beliefs and mainly just respect people for who they are

but there are some religions that i do not respect (idol/animal worship), but i do respect the people that follow the religions..

but the hijab and turban is just a characteristic of the person, its a part of them
 11 years ago '04        #109
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
religion is not hurting humanity, people are

if people followed their religions accordingly you wouldint see these wars and al queda brain washed monkeys
 04-17-2007, 05:39 PM         #110
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImamThug187 said:
religion is not hurting humanity, people are

if people followed their religions accordingly you wouldint see these wars and al queda brain washed monkeys
Like i was saying, it hurting humanity is entirely subjective to your own beliefs.

Even if religion was followed properly i would still believe religion is hurting humanity; Psychologically.
 11 years ago '04        #111
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
Like i was saying, it hurting humanity is entirely subjective to your own beliefs.

Even if religion was followed properly i would still believe religion is hurting humanity; Psychologically.
I see

well I know in terms of War, no religion teaches to start wars, but rather to defend your selfs at times of persecution

good talk my dude
 11 years ago '05        #112
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
everyone got believes...all good...i respect that, none much sumone can do bout that...
i personnaly think it's a sign of weakness
religions are a plague...biggest disease in the world...utter horsecrap...

fu*k all this sh*t...everybody's equal in my eyes, regardless of religion, so in a public event like this, everybody should follow the same rule, simple, that's the deal...everybody equal...fu*k this headwear sh*t in a tourney...religion is such a waste of people
 11 years ago '04        #113
OnTheReal 
space
space
$4,220 | Props total: 495 495
who gives a fu*k really?

I mean if its part of the rules it's part of the rules.

fu*k an exception
 11 years ago '06        #114
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
 D.Knight said:
hey tough luck, u gotta respect the rules, if i cant wear a du rag in skool than u can't wear a scarf during a martial arts tourney
i mean they gotta follow rules but ya reason was stupid as fu*k lol

how u gon compare a durag to they scarf.
 11 years ago '05        #115
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,783 | Props total: 1635 1635
 Da Realness said:

wow they both a piece of sh*tty cloth that u wear on your head aint sh*t special bout a turban
 04-17-2007, 05:59 PM         #116
kokaine  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Realness said:

^ real talk bro .... this is the only reason i took offense to this thread... ppl using their irrelevant excuses to something that has a legit reason to be considered... my bad if i offended some people....
 11 years ago '05        #117
aKtIvItY! 
space
space
$1,031 | Props total: 0 0
I been in two martial arts tournaments back in the day and i gotta say i dont kno why youd wanna wear the fu*kin thing anyways, regardless of religion. Last thing i want during a routine is a big hood on my head
 04-17-2007, 06:01 PM         #118
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Play by the rules or dont get involved in the tournament - SIMPLE

If your religion means so much to you that you refuse to remove it,for a martial arts tournament,your bordering on an unhealthy obsession.
 11 years ago '05        #119
shyheim69 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,194 | Props total: 63 63
 D.Knight said:
hey tough luck, u gotta respect the rules, if i cant wear a du rag in skool than u can't wear a scarf during a martial arts tourney

its not the same. A durag is just for style its not for a religious purpose. its against their religion to take it off i guess. u cant compare the two.
 04-17-2007, 06:03 PM         #120
JeanJovi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hol the fu*k up, u mean to tell me n*ggas on this thread talkin bout rules are rules even though its their religion, but when it's about cutting ur dreads for a dance school because of the rules then ya'll want to stand against it. ladies and gentlemen, let me present to you the Hypocrites of Boxden :applause:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy