Muslim Girls Kicked out of TaeKwonDo tournament for not removing Religious HeadScarve

most viewed right now
35 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

04-18-2007, 05:24 AM         #126
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DINER0 said
Durag is not the same as no Turban,it doesn't have the same significance or meaning. As far as the Dread unless you a rasta don't bring it into the fold. This type of sh*t make Muslim hate the West. It's there custom just like they don't shake with the left or shake a woman's hand it there beliefs and way of life.
That's been covered, religion is not superior to rules. The only people who'll tell you it is are the religous heads.

04-18-2007, 06:24 AM         #127
Twelveinchez  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pple takin this rule thing too far bashing religion yet u sound like religious nuts talkin about some stupid rules like they're holy or somethin

12 years ago '04        #128
PHLYHigH 
space
space
$454 | Props total: 0 0
Personnally, I respect people's beliefs and traditions just like I want them to respect mine. But that is just not the point of this. Rules are for everyone and should be respected, just like beliefs and traditions... Right now the media is making people in Quebec look like ignorant racists. One controversy after the other. Even the rest of Canada is starting to see us as xenophobic...at least that's what is standing out in the national news...

Check out this link. Article called "A one-year chronology of the province's 'reasonable accommodation' controversy"

Add to this the girl who got kicked out (or kicked herself out) of a soccer tournament because she didn't want to take off her hijab. There is probably other stuff like this but right now it's all i can think of...

Last edited by PHLYHigH; 04-18-2007 at 07:37 AM..

04-18-2007, 07:44 AM         #129
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im not at all religious,but you have to respect other cultures. I believe people belief no matter how trivial should take precedent over any tournament rules. The sh*t is blown out of proportion. All im saying that why Muslim hate the west cause we don't respect there culture .

04-18-2007, 07:56 AM         #130
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DINER0 said
Im not at all religious,but you have to respect other cultures. I believe people belief no matter how trivial should take precedent over any tournament rules. The sh*t is blown out of proportion. All im saying that why Muslim hate the west cause we don't respect there culture .
Can you give me a plausable reason as to why 'their' culture should be respected.

Or why any religous culture should be respected for that matter.

04-18-2007, 08:15 AM         #131
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Would you like your culture to be respected?I know i demand my respect but I also give it ...easy as that no more no less.

12 years ago '05        #132
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 19 19
 Styl3s said
your missing the point, this isnt about fu*king religion its just a rule of the sport, its been like that since it fu*king started

if its in your religion to wear a retarded a.ss wrap of toilet paper covered in sh*t on your head hey im all for it.. but if a rule states you cant wear a ceartain type of headgear places like hats and sh*t IE school then follow the fu*king rule, it doesnt say in there religion they have to wear it 24/7 or demons will arrise and eat there v*gina like a pitpull to a raw steak

its ignorant fu*ks just blaming sh*t.. looking for fu*king excuses and its starting to p!ss me the fu*k off, i dont give a fu*k if you gotta wear a mother fu*king panda cub on your head if your doing a sport or going somewhere and there is a rule you fu*king follow it, go back to camal town if you dont like, get blown up by 10 year olds and treated like sh*t from your men i dont care, here in america you may have freedom but theres rules.. stores have rules, schools have rules, sports have rules..

damn thats cold

12 years ago '05        #133
marq 
space
space
space
$1,333 | Props total: 0 0
 D.Knight said
hey tough luck, u gotta respect the rules, if i cant wear a du rag in skool than u can't wear a scarf during a martial arts tourney
that def is not the same thing

12 years ago '04        #134
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,529 | Props total: 740 740
 Styl3s said
You allowed to wear one in boxing? no

shut the fu*k up

its a fu*king sport, it has NOTHING to do with religion, its just ignorant fu*ks like to make it out to be about that, thats how america is.. people like to play the religion and race card when they dont get there way
your the ignorant fu*k

and u must not read either cause this incident took place in Quebec

04-18-2007, 08:33 AM         #135
j-proph  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they should make an exeption

12 years ago '04        #136
Merdock12 
space
space
$1,143 | Props total: 366 366
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
Yea, there's rules for reasons. I understand their religious beliefs consist of wearing the head scarf, but if you are going to participate in a public tournament, you have to realize that there are going to be regulations. They wouldn't let you wear shoes or other articles of clothing. So why should they make an exception because one group has it as part of their culture. Then you'd have to let anyone who bi*ches about something they want to wear, sport whatever they want. It's not a time for self expression. It's a time for whoopin a.ss.
Oh man that sh*t had me dying, props

12 years ago '05        #137
rshodunke 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 354 354
 D.Knight said
hey tough luck, u gotta respect the rules, if i cant wear a du rag in skool than u can't wear a scarf during a martial arts tourney
Would you remove your cross, or you collar if you were a reverend If someone told you to. That is a part of their religion. They are to wear them all of the time. They showed no kind of respect to their religion.

04-18-2007, 08:49 AM         #138
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rshodunke said
Would you remove your cross, or you collar if you were a reverend If someone told you to. That is a part of their religion. They are to wear them all of the time. They showed no kind of respect to their religion.
That's the point though... they do have to remove their crosses

04-18-2007, 08:53 AM         #139
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mt fuji said
your the ignorant fu*k

and u must not read either cause this incident took place in Quebec
True story n*gga don't read & but always have something to say. You on the money with that one.

SO on that note,Ignorance is in abundance while common sense is not that common

04-18-2007, 08:54 AM         #140
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DINER0 said
Would you like your culture to be respected?I know i demand my respect but I also give it ...easy as that no more no less.
Would i like my culture to be respected, sure... But i'm not a whacko religous nut so i can't really see your point

04-18-2007, 09:00 AM         #141
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It not bout being no crazy Jihad al queda lunatic,it all boils down to respect. It like if you from the street you have certain codes & rules you abide by that some squares wont adhere to or care to understand. it's more like the bloods & crips from Kali or disciples in the Chi them n*gga live by certain rules a n*gga in NY wont understand but if u cross the line even if you dont mean to you get ya wig pushed back,right?

12 years ago '04        #142
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8933 8933
 r a n c i d said
Can you give me a plausable reason as to why 'their' culture should be respected.

Or why any religous culture should be respected for that matter.
Cuz thats how they where raised and brought up in the world. Everyone comes from different backgrounds and ways of life and we should respect that. Nobody has the right to tell someone else "you shouldnt do that" just cuz they dont understand.

If the girl wanna wear a head wrap then so be it. Its not hurtin' nobody. I advocate people bringin' they customs with them into america and not conforming to white american customs, cuz this country is so damn ignorant about the rest of the world we live in and we need to learn. We got this superiority complex that alotta these otha countries is really gettin' tired of.

This sh*t relates to me cuz i ended up havin' to cut my damn braids just so i can get a damn job. I gotta conform to these ignorant fu*ks cuz they can't shake tha idea that "all black males with alotta hair are thugs/criminals". And havin' braids/dreds is me identifyin' with my african heritage. You get kidnapped from ya own country, brainwashed, enslaved and discriminated against, and then haters even wanna dead the little part of identity you have left in your culture. Whats next? Am i too dark for you now?

Im tired of bein' uncomfortable so i can make otha people that really dont give a fu*k about me comfortable.

Last edited by One-O-One; 04-18-2007 at 09:08 AM..

12 years ago '04        #143
OnTheReal 
space
space
$4,239 | Props total: 530 530
It's simple if you don't follow the rules you cannot be in the tournament.

Does not the same rules apply to everyone in the tournament?

04-18-2007, 09:21 AM         #144
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ignorant Negroes,Poor White Trash,Wetbacks, or any waste of sperm need to justified the action of a society that has there nose up and look down on all cultures across the planet & have the nerve to wonder why were so hated

12 years ago '05        #145
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
here's what I can't understand as far as their religion goes.

why do you want to cover up all the women? there's some bad ones out there, but you can never tell cuz they can't even show their wrist? WTF is that?

i ain't sh*ttin' on islam or nothing' like that, but what kind of religion treats women like sh*t, and covers them up, so only your husband can see you? talk about insecurity issues.

04-18-2007, 09:56 AM         #146
Mbrew457  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
haha that was in an episode of the Sopranos

12 years ago '04        #147
ItAlY2BkLyN 240 heat pts240
space
space
$24,510 | Props total: 15064 15064
 DINER0 said
I agree. I am religious and I do see your point. But just like we're supposed to respect their culture, they must respect the culture surrounding the tournament. If they were respecting that culture, they would remove their head scarfs. But they are not and placing themselves and their culture above the culture they're trying to participate in. That's where the issue is.

04-18-2007, 10:14 AM         #148
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
I agree. I am religious and I do see your point. But just like we're supposed to respect their culture, they must respect the culture surrounding the tournament. If they were respecting that culture, they would remove their head scarfs. But they are not and placing themselves and their culture above the culture they're trying to participate in. That's where the issue is.
:applause: :applause:

I see your point likewise but I know Muslim take there belief very serious and wont see them complying. They hold things like that very sacred. It's like America hold the National Anthem sacred,or Christian hold the Cross sacred or Catholic there saint... All Im saying you got to look it from both side, I agree rules are rules, I don't see whats the big deal if they let them have there religious scarves.

12 years ago '04        #149
ItAlY2BkLyN 240 heat pts240
space
space
$24,510 | Props total: 15064 15064
 DINER0 said
:applause: :applause:

I see your point likewise but I know Muslim take there belief very serious and wont see them complying. They hold things like that very sacred. It's like America hold the National Anthem sacred,or Christian hold the Cross sacred or Catholic there saint... All Im saying you got to look it from both side, I agree rules are rules, I don't see whats the big deal if they let them have there religious scarves.
I think there will always be conflicts like this, because people naturally don't want to surcome to another individual. People want to feel like they are justified and validated for being them. With all the tensions going on in the world today, especially dealing with any middle eastern cultures, I think this is being blown up more than it really needs to.

If I wasn't allowed to participate the way I wanted to in an activity, I would either conform to the rules of that establishment, or I would attempt to find an alternate one where I could participate the way I wanted to. I think, as people have said on here, there were other martial arts schools that allowed the head scarf to be worn.

04-18-2007, 10:59 AM         #150
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
I think there will always be conflicts like this, because people naturally don't want to surcome to another individual. People want to feel like they are justified and validated for being them. With all the tensions going on in the world today, especially dealing with any middle eastern cultures, I think this is being blown up more than it really needs to.

If I wasn't allowed to participate the way I wanted to in an activity, I would either conform to the rules of that establishment, or I would attempt to find an alternate one where I could participate the way I wanted to. I think, as people have said on here, there were other martial arts schools that allowed the head scarf to be worn.
Definitely agree.it's a shame that how it is in this day & age. When it shouldn't even be like that, all of us got our differences but like Big said "n*ggaz Bleed Like Us"

Home      

most viewed right now
+121online now  42
The Best Pancakes Of The 90's
247 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+113online now  37
Image(s) inside Malania Trump Ain't Got Sh!t On This First Lady
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+45online now  37
Video inside 20 Sports Hats You Should Never Wear In Los Angeles
153 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Thick chick lifting weights in the GYM!!!!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-69online now  10
Image(s) inside WTF: Will Smith Come Out The CLOSET, HE fu-king Reverse Cowgirl A WINE..
100 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  10
Video inside First look at Sonic the Hedgehog in his upcoming 'live-action' movie an..
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+40online now  9
Image(s) inside Why my hairline ain't straight like khaleds, why did bush knock down t..
105 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+24online now  9
Article inside NFL 2K Army is expanding, John David Washington Really Wants an NFL 2..
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy