Muslim Girls Kicked out of TaeKwonDo tournament for not removing Religious HeadScarve

most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
140 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
259 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
96 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #181
OnTheReal 
space
space
$4,220 | Props total: 495 495
This thread is still going?

Wow, IMO there is no argument.
 11 years ago '07        #182
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,189 | Props total: 4 4
My hate sent by this guy tryin stand up for muslims.
 ImamThug187 said:
White boy lmfao
Hate right back at ya, E-Thugs gotta love em! Pot meet kettle
 04-19-2007, 06:28 PM         #183
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it doesnt imply sh*t, it has nothing to do with muslim men

hair makes a female alot more attractive and the hijab is there for when your daugheter/wife goes out guys wont be starting at them, you know? like they wont b looked at in a way where people are gona ask them to go for a date...thats what ive heard about it
Both your "quotes" "Imam"

Try again...

What does this imply about Muslim men?

Last edited by IRemainRaw; 04-19-2007 at 06:30 PM..
 04-19-2007, 11:07 PM         #184
nYcKiNg23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i really cant believe this thread got this big

it really comes down to this. they chose to compete, they need to follow the rules or not compete.

its like a vegitarian going to a steakhouse and asking for fish. you know damn well that you are going to a place where they serve meat, but you want them to change their ways just for you.

it is those girls' choice to not remove it and sit out of the competition, and i respect the hell out of them for caring so strongly about something, but they cant be mad that they were told they couldnt compete. pick something where you are allowed to wear it if it is a big deal to you
 11 years ago '04        #185
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,623 | Props total: 8 8
 AwolRJ said:
My hate sent by this guy tryin stand up for muslims.

Hate right back at ya, E-Thugs gotta love em! Pot meet kettle
whiteboy is what everyone calls racist/ignorant white people

get mad, stay mad, die mad
 11 years ago '04        #186
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
 IRemainRaw said:
Both your "quotes" "Imam"

Try again...

What does this imply about Muslim men?
My posts imply nothing about Muslim men

What the fu*k are you talking about?

I was just saying why the wear hijab

You know? you see a bi*ch ina bikini or a lady ina hijab..who are you gona mack on?

Last edited by ImamThug187; 04-19-2007 at 11:20 PM..
 11 years ago '07        #187
xxgoodzxx 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,212 | Props total: 1 1
 Styl3s said:
its a fu*king martial art tourney, its justified, there are rules.. religion is no exception.. it has nothing to do with fu*king religion, im tired of ignorant fools always blaming people for retarded sh*t.. OH ITS BECAUSE IM BLACK! oh you wont let me do this because of my religion! oh you treat me this way because im arab :rolleyes:

BTW- you do know your not allowed to wear any type of head gear in most public school, religion or not it doesnt matter.
Yeah co-sign.
 11 years ago '04        #188
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
 unkletae said:
I guess that last question was little bit much, but I thought the reason for me asking was valid. But to go over it again, its an activity she chose to participate, so like everyone else she must follow the rules. As I mentioned in one of my recent replies, what about a person in a wheelchair, or a person without a arm or/and leg, or Rastafarian who wants to smoke a fat sack before the competition??? Do your bend the rules for all of them??? Its not anything she is require or something that is critical to life, so if the scarf means that much to her, then just don't compete.

I hope I don't sound like a anti Muslim person because that is very far from the truth. I feel a rule should not be change for just one group of people, when the same rule has served its purpose of protecting people. The rules are there to protect people and not to oppress people. And like how you answered my question, you would simply not order the pork dish instead of asking the menu to be changed so it could exclude pork. Its really not that different from the situation we are debating.

I chose my word carefully incase you mistaken them for a anti Muslim talk. Hope I did not offend you, for this is not my intent.
LOL @ "smoke a fat sack"

and yea I understand your points, all these sort of things should be taken into consideration in the tournament

rules are rules, but if it is religious it should be an exception if it does not harm anyone or effect the competition
 04-20-2007, 02:16 AM         #189
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkletae said:
now you're taking it too far. how in the hell does bomb even get figured in with a head scarf???

it's like nYcKiNg23 said,

key word being choose

it's not about her being a Muslim or oppressing anyone's belief. it's about rules. and no, rules were not meant to be broken. that's way people go to jail/prison or receive other types of punishment if they BRAKE the RULES. let me ask you, why should an entire organization change their rules so one girl could compete??? what if a person in a wheel chair wanted to compete??? or person with a missing leg, or a blind person??? what if a rastafarian wanted to smoke a fat sack before the competition??? i think it's absolutely ridiculous to even waste this much energy on a such a trivial issue. follow the rules or don't compete, but some how some people have manage to make a "east vs west" seperation??? this is just retarded. follow the fricken rules or don't compete. simple.
Stupid sh*t like this what divides east vs. west, alway has & still does.
This sh*t is simple They should just start there own tournament if they will be discriminated against,there belief clash with this dumb rule. Like how hard is it for them to let them wear there little hijab. This sh*t is stupid,& show how ignorant people are to other people way of thinking,custom & beliefs.
It's like a n*gga who ain't from the old school don't understand the new school & there ways, like snitching wasn't cool not n*gga idolize snitches like Alpo who try to justify it. n*ggaz wear pink & tight biker jean like it cool when back then you got ya a.ss whooped if you came on the block like that.it come to just 2 different worlds living in on one earth.
 11 years ago '04        #190
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
To my dude above me..yea you make sense but its we are talking about religion

and also another dude up here mentioned that they seen a females wearing a hijab in karate or w/e b4

edit: matter of fact by boys sister does that karate sh*t and she wears a hijab
 04-20-2007, 02:54 AM         #191
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My posts imply nothing about Muslim men

What the fu*k are you talking about?

I was just saying why the wear hijab

You know? you see a bi*ch ina bikini or a lady ina hijab..who are you gona mack on?
If you dont understand what im trying to get you to think about - I wont bother trying to explain it further to you lol
 11 years ago '04        #192
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
OFF With Yo Kufi!!!!!!
 11 years ago '04        #193
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 969 969
I really wouldnt gave a fu*k!
i would of ninja kicked them sh*ts off on some shinobi sh*t.
ran up like nijna gaiden
pie-yaow
mortal kombat.
flawless fatality type sh*t.
you think a muthafu*ka would still be rockin that sh*t after i stunted out like bruce lee?

this thread was str8 comedy from the jumpoff!
 04-20-2007, 03:06 AM         #194
Deuce21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all i got to say is respect goes both ways thats a part of their beliefs.........
 11 years ago '04        #195
PHLYHigH 
space
space
$454 | Props total: 0 0
 OnTheReal said:
This thread is still going?

Wow, IMO there is no argument.

Yeah that must be why people have been f!ghting about those issues for over a year... Like i said, check the link...
I think people up here are scared to be seen as racist, so they let most of these issues slide, and when you get one person(the tournament's official) who makes a tough decision(but the right one IMO) then the media goes wild, and people end up discussing it for 15 pages on boards like boxden...

guess there really is an argument...

Last edited by PHLYHigH; 04-20-2007 at 07:36 AM..
 04-20-2007, 08:19 AM         #196
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Originally Posted by unkletae
now you're taking it too far. how in the hell does bomb even get figured in with a head scarf???

it's like nYcKiNg23 said,

key word being choose

it's not about her being a Muslim or oppressing anyone's belief. it's about rules. and no, rules were not meant to be broken. that's way people go to jail/prison or receive other types of punishment if they BRAKE the RULES. let me ask you, why should an entire organization change their rules so one girl could compete??? what if a person in a wheel chair wanted to compete??? or person with a missing leg, or a blind person??? what if a rastafarian wanted to smoke a fat sack before the competition??? i think it's absolutely ridiculous to even waste this much energy on a such a trivial issue. follow the rules or don't compete, but some how some people have manage to make a "east vs west" seperation??? this is just retarded. follow the fricken rules or don't compete. simple.
this is what i wrote and below here is your response to my post. all we are talking about is someone who can't follow the rules and you are all worked up with this east vs. west bullsh*t. grow up. be an adult. follow the damn rules.

DINER0 said:
Stupid sh*t like this what divides east vs. west, alway has & still does.
This sh*t is simple They should just start there own tournament if they will be discriminated against,there belief clash with this dumb rule. Like how hard is it for them to let them wear there little hijab. This sh*t is stupid,& show how ignorant people are to other people way of thinking,custom & beliefs.
It's like a n*gga who ain't from the old school don't understand the new school & there ways, like snitching wasn't cool not n*gga idolize snitches like Alpo who try to justify it. n*ggaz wear pink & tight biker jean like it cool when back then you got ya a.ss whooped if you came on the block like that.it come to just 2 different worlds living in on one earth.
in red. this is how hypocritical you've been. someone else's rule is stupid but yours happens to be valid and reasonable because it's religious??? you can break other's rules but don't mess with mine attitude is what i can't stand. double standards

dinero,

for the last time, oppressing one's religion has nothing to do with following to rules. you want respect for her religion and the TKD organization wants respect for it's rules. what so fu*king difficult to understand??? why do the people who got nothing to do with islam have to follow and abide by it's rule??? it's your belief, your religion and if YOU want to practice it fine, but don't try to get others to conform to your belief. it's not all about muslims and this case has got everything to do with one's abilities to follow the rules.

also, i find it funny that you would accuse me of ignorant because you suppose i have no respect for islam, but in a sense aren't you being just as ignorant for wanting everybody to bow down to muslim's wish??? where is muslim's understandings for other people??? why can't they conform like the rest of the world??? why does anyone have to change anything that has been in smooth operation until this individual??? like i said above, which you or iman have side stepped, what do you do about people who are in a wheelchair, missing limbs, or blind??? do we change the rules for them to compete???

finally, their religious significants are for the believer. for the non believers, your significants in religion means about much as the dirt between your finger nail. if it means that much to you, don't compete. you don't see a christian going to marilyn manson concert and at the show demanding they change the show because it goes against their christian beliefs, do ya??? they just simply don't go because it does not agree with what they believe.

or a buddist going to a boxing match and asking them not to be violent because it offends his belief of living in harmony???

or a jewish person going to a skin head meetings and demand they talk nice about the jewish people because they had no choice in being a jewish person from birth and they should be treated with respect???

these people simply do not go because of difference in philosophy and beliefs.

so before you get all pissed off in your reply and call people ignorant, you really need to see the big picture and realize it's not always about accomodating the muslims. this world belongs to everyone and if you want to participate in someone else's customary sport, follow their rules or don't compete. it has nothing to do with oppressing one's belief but everything to do with one's ability to follow some god damn rules. ok.
 04-20-2007, 08:24 AM         #197
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImamThug187 said:
LOL @ "smoke a fat sack"

and yea I understand your points, all these sort of things should be taken into consideration in the tournament

rules are rules, but if it is religious it should be an exception if it does not harm anyone or effect the competition
Imam,

i like how you present here as a proposal then thrown demands. it's nice to actually debate with someone sensible.
 04-20-2007, 10:33 AM         #198
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Unkletae just ended the discussion, anyone with eyes can see this.
 04-20-2007, 10:44 AM         #199
Souljah1Eight7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its in the rules that they cant wear one, its not about thier religion, its just a rule, get over it....
 04-20-2007, 11:27 AM         #200
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkletae said:
As I said above, even the Jewish dudes took their caps off and if its that much of an issue, don't compete.

Why should the Muslim be the only ones to be able to hold on to their customs when every other religious people have no problems following the rules??? No christian are allowed to wear a cross. No Jewish people are allowed to wear their caps. Why should the Muslims get special treatment???

If YOUR religion is that important to YOU then don't compete and compromise YOUR belief, but. Don't expect anyone to change the rules just for your belief.

If a Muslim girl want to compete in swimming, gymnastics, or boxing, should they all change to accomodate for your belief. Instead of expecting everyone to abide your rules, some times you're going to have to follow some rules as well. If not, then don't compete.

Finally, this rule is for safety of people who are competting and NOT to oppress anyone's belief.
Co-Sign. Close thread.

Muslim girls have no choice, either be a herb and wear the thing or don't compete. Better yet, Muslims should start their own martial arts thing.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
77 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
185 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
27 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
58 comments
23 hours ago