The Official USC Trojans Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
36 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-25-2012, 01:28 AM         #1141
ScarlosSantana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Letting teams get those big 4th quarter d!ck-punch score is just so not Trojan-like. This season has just felt like the Twilight Zone. Watching Matt Barkley set touchdown records while doing his best impersonation of Brett Favre has been nerve racking. I don't get it.

Him doing those "Barkley's breakdown" just reeked a rendering plant next to a fu*kin sewage plant. I didn't even want to watch those videos. The secondary looked like endzone attendants to usher you into your reservation for 7. fu*k this Tampa 2 defense. Apparently we don't have a middle linebacker intelligent enough to make such a scheme work. I think our roster is more fit for a traditional 4-3 or a 3-4 defense.

If getting rid of Monty Kiffin means getting rid of Lane Kifin, I'm willing to roll the dice on that. I miss Pete Carroll defenses. Our front 7 didn't fu*k around when he was runnin the show. Losing to all our most hated rivals in the same season feels like we just got a baseball bat to the ballsack.

Last edited by ScarlosSantana; 11-25-2012 at 01:33 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #1142
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,010 | Props total: 85 85
such a disappointing season..............................
the Oline and the entire defense need to live in the weight room this off season

the Dline will only get better when Devon Kennard, Kenny Bigelow and Eddie Vanderdoes are added to the mix

Dawson needs to be stripped of #55

Bailey needs to be put back at safety since he is the only one on defense with any kind of ball skills

Sarao and Pullard need to bulk up, Ruffin should stay at Lb'er and add Jason Hatcher their as well to add more size to the unit... no more safeties as linebackers

I never want to see Walker at any tackle position again he needs to get his weight back up and move to guard

hopefully we hire a new OC, O-line, Linebacker and DC to clean this sh*t up

Last edited by bouncer900; 11-25-2012 at 06:05 PM..
 11-26-2012, 01:28 AM         #1143
ScarlosSantana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bouncer900 said:

Dawson needs to be stripped of #55

x -Scar-
 5 years ago '10        #1144
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,495 | Props total: 9785 9785
 USC said:

Lamar look like he was half a.ssin, needs to rep that 55 properly this year. I think he will..

Massington tearing his acl is a bummer but he was reppin USC hard before the tear, and coaches have said they are not going to pull his scholly. I agree with the call, once you commit you are a Trojan.
Boy was I wrong
 5 years ago '10        #1145
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Disappointing year to say the least...

As you said NO MORE safeties as Linebackers as much as I love Bailey at the position he needs to move to safety next season.

We are pushing hard for Mathew Thomas. The linebacker out of Miami

[video - click to view]

Vanderdoes been loving on Fucla since his visit also said on twitter ND contacted him late last night.

5 years ago '10        #1146
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Our defense could be scary with a great coordinator and the pieces we have & coming in. Our O-line should be solid next year. Walker is a guard plane & simple. It's going to be interesting to see how our QB situation ends up. Max Browne is not only the best QB in the nation he's also making a push for best overall period. Kid looks dynamite.

Going to be a long interesting off season. One thing for sure is Monte & his tampa 2 is done.

Can't wait to see how our running game looks as well. Really hope Isaac & Davis pan out. It's sad we have all these solid Tight ends but cant get them any work in the passing game. Kiffin needs to let somebody else call the plays period. All our targets this year went to Lee & Woods for the most part. NA is too good to not be apart of the gameplan.

Last edited by USC; 11-28-2012 at 07:10 PM..
 11-28-2012, 11:12 PM         #1147
ScarlosSantana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, I thought Nelson was practically IGNORED this season.

But the thing is now that these scholly reductions are going into year two and us having such a bum a.ss year, I wonder how many of the so called "commits" we had are actually gonna stay. Good lord, losing to every rival did NOT help at all. I don't even want Max Browne out the gate, we need to be fair and let Wittek get his turn, if he looks like Barkley did in training camp last year, bench his a.ss and go with Kessler.

People forget Barkley WAS NOT impressive in training camp at all. I had a bad feeling but I was trying to be optimistic.
 5 years ago '08        #1148
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,094 | Props total: 2715 2715
USC a.ssistant football coach Monte Kiffin announced today (Nov. 29) that he will resign from the Trojan staff after USC's upcoming bowl game in order to pursue opportunities in the NFL.

"I wanted to make this announcement now so that our players who are preparing for the bowl game and our recruits who will be visiting campus are aware," said Kiffin. "I really enjoyed my time at USC and the opportunity I had to work with our players and coaches. The chance to work for my son, Lane, was unique and memorable, but we always treated each other professionally on a coach-to-coach basis.

"Although things didn't always go as well as we would have liked this year from a defensive and win-loss standpoint, I will leave USC with the utmost respect for the University, the Trojan Family and, most importantly, the players I had the good fortune to coach. I see great things ahead for the USC football program."

Kiffin has 47 years of coaching experience, including 26 years (1983-2008) in the NFL, where he was a member of 13 playoff teams and was the defensive coordinator of Tampa Bay's 2002 Super Bowl champs. He returned to the college coaching ranks in 2009 at Tennessee and then spent the past 3 seasons at USC.

Said USC head coach Lane Kiffin: "I respect my father's decision and his desire to return to the NFL. We are very appreciative of the hard work and effort that he put in at USC these past three years. He has a tremendous passion for coaching young men and he is a phenomenal recruiter.

"The timing of this allows us to move forward now in the hiring of a new coach."

5 years ago '04        #1149
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,010 | Props total: 85 85
 VerbalAssassin said:
 5 years ago '10        #1150
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
USC linebacker Tony Burnett would rather spend his New Year’s Eve anywhere but El Paso, Texas. This according to several tweets he sent out just moments after official announcement of the USC vs Georgia Tech match at the Sun Bowl in El Paso Dec. 31.

The 22 year old, 205 pound, 6 foot 1 linebacker from Watts, CA tweeted “Georgia Tech!? El Paso, Texas!? New Years Eve!? FML.”

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

He deleted his tweets minutes later.

Watts Up
 5 years ago '10        #1151
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Good NY times article on the Mcnair case

The Next Tobacco?

Almost from the moment I started writing about the N.C.A.A. last year, I received periodic e-mails from fans of the University of Southern California football team still incensed about an N.C.A.A. ruling that had been issued against the school in 2010. They claimed that the case offered an unusually stark look at how the N.C.A.A. twists facts, tramples over due process and unfairly destroys reputations when it sets out to nail a school, a player or a coach.

I didn’t pursue it back then, partly because the story seemed stale; the alleged transgression had mainly taken place in 2005. Besides, the rules themselves are little more than a restraint of trade, meant to ensure that the athletes remain uncompensated despite the billions of dollars everyone else reaps from the sweat of their brows.

In the U.S.C. case, the N.C.A.A. made a series of allegations about Reggie Bush, the 2005 Heisman Trophy winner, the most memorable of which was that his parents had lived rent-free in a house owned — heaven forbid! — by one of two would-be agents. The N.C.A.A. views any transaction between a college athlete and an agent as a violation of its amateurism rules.

Ah, but what to do about it? Bush, safely ensconced in the N.F.L., was out of reach of the N.C.A.A. There wasn’t even all that much it could do to U.S.C. — unless, that is, its investigators could prove that a member of the U.S.C. athletic staff had known about the sub rosa relationship. Then it could throw the book at U.S.C. Which is exactly what happened.

The university official the N.C.A.A. singled out was Todd McNair, 47, an African-American a.ssistant football coach. One of the would-be agents, Lloyd Lake, who has a history of prior arrests, claimed that he had told McNair about the relationship during an angry two-and-a-half minute phone call late on the night of Jan. 6, 2006. McNair, for his part, said that he had no recollection of ever meeting Lake, much less having an angry phone call with him. There was no evidence to corroborate Lake’s claim.

Not that that mattered. The N.C.A.A.’s Committee on Infractions concluded that Lake was believable, McNair was not, and that the coach was guilty of “unethical conduct.” Thus labeled, McNair’s coaching career was effectively destroyed.

McNair then sued the N.C.A.A. for defamation — and here, I happily concede, is where the story becomes anything but stale. About two weeks ago, Frederick Shaller, a superior court judge in Los Angeles, issued a tentative ruling, saying that McNair “has shown a probability of prevailing on the defamation claims.” He also denied the N.C.A.A.’s request to put the e-mails and other evidence that had led him to this conclusion under seal.

The evidence is simply beyond the pale. To find McNair guilty of unethical conduct, the enforcement staff had to put words into Lake’s mouth that he never uttered. It botched its questioning of McNair — and then, realizing its mistake, chose not to re-interview him. One enforcement official sent a back-channel e-mail describing McNair as “a lying, morally bankrupt criminal.” And that’s just for starters.

Because he is a public figure, McNair had to show that the N.C.A.A. had acted with “actual malice” — that is, it wrote things in the full knowledge that they were false. As any journalist knows, it is very difficult for a public figure to sue for defamation — precisely because actual malice is so hard to prove. At one point during the hearing, the judge told the N.C.A.A.’s lawyer that he well understood why the organization would want to keep evidence away from the public; if he were the N.C.A.A., he would want to keep it from the public, too.

If this evidence does become public — the N.C.A.A. has vowed to appeal — I think it will scandalize fans who have long been led to believe that N.C.A.A. investigators are the “good guys” trying to catch the “bad guys” in college sports. Nor are these the only N.C.A.A. documents that are coming to light. In a class-action lawsuit involving former players who object to the N.C.A.A.’s profiting from their likeness long after they have graduated, e-mails and documents have exposed the essential hypocrisy that underlies college sports. (A lawyer with Boies, Schiller & Flexner, where my fiancée works, is among those working on the case. She has no involvement.)

I think back to another time when the release of documents changed the way the public thought about a certain secretive institution. Back in the mid-1990s, whistle-blowers leaked documents to the news media showing that the tobacco industry had long known that cigarettes caused cancer — and had been involved in a massive cover-up. The ensuing litigation forced the tobacco industry to pay enormous sums in recompense, and ultimately to be regulated by the federal government.

Not that N.C.A.A. is the next tobacco.

Or is it?
 5 years ago '10        #1152
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Massington Decommits.

I ain't even mad.
 5 years ago '10        #1153
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
D coordinator Hot Board

Joe Barry
San Diego Chargers LB Coach

After a successful year as USC's linebacker coach in 2011, Joe Barry left to take the same position with the San Diego Chargers. Barry reportedly had issues with the direction the USC defense was taking under Monte Kiffin. The Chargers staff is certainly in danger and Barry, a dogged recruiter, could return to the Trojans and install a more aggressive, attacking style of defense.

Gene Chizik
Former Auburn Head Coach

[pic - click to view]

The biggest name on this board is also the most controversial. There are a lot of things to like, especially his major success as a DC at Auburn and Texas and the fact he could probably come cheaper given his Auburn bailout. However, he has no history with Lane Kiffin and as a recent national title winner and head coach, would his ego be too large for Kiffin to handle? Even more worrisome are the NCAA clouds that would follow him.

Randy Shannon
TCU Linebacker Coach

[pic - click to view]

During five of the six years Shannon was the defensive coordinator for the Hurricans, his defenses ranked in the top seven in the country. His head coaching record at Miami had both good and bad spots, but he did focus on academics and his ability to recruit would both be tremendous a.ssets to the USC football program.

Justin Wilcox
Washington Defensive Coordinator

[pic - click to view]

A young coordinator and great recruiter with demonstrated success all over the country, Wilcox would be a major splash. The biggest question here is whether he would accept the job. He has been discussed as a fringe candidate for some of the head current head coach openings and it's just a matter of time until he gets an HC job. Wilcox is very well-compensated at Washington. Would he consider another coordinator job in the Pac-12 to be a lateral move?

Clancy Pendergast
California Defensive Coordinator

[pic - click to view]

Perhaps the most likely of any candidate on this board, it may be perfect timing to land Pendergast with the uncertainty at Cal in the wake of Jeff Tedford's firing. Pendergast knows the conference well and his Cal teams led the Pac-12 in total defense in 2010 and 2011. His ability to churn out NFL talent and past experience as a successful NFL DC, which included a Super Bowl appearance, would play well at a next-level driven school like USC. A match made in heaven?

Mark Banker
Oregon State Defensive Coordinator

[pic - click to view]

After a decade at Oregon State and 15 of the last 16 seasons spent with Mike Riley, could USC pry Banker away? His past at USC is a definite plus and the talent he would inherit could be very tempting. After a series of underachieving defenses from USC, Banker's demonstrated ability to get more out of defenses with less talent could have Kiffin very interested.

DeWayne Walker
New Mexico State Head Coach

[pic - click to view]

Walker was the very first coach Pete Carroll hired when he took over the Trojans back in 2001. Walker is on the hot seat with his Aggies sitting at 1-10 with one game remaining. He is a solid defensive mind and would likely slip back into a defensive coordinator role after his first stint as a head coach.

Derek Mason
Stanford Defensive Coordinator

[pic - click to view]

After three seasons running Stanford's defense, Mason has proven he knows what it takes to be successful in the Pac-12. His defenses are known for a physical front-seven, which would mesh well with the philosophy of Ed Orgeron. The question is would Mason leave The Farm and come to Los Angeles considering he is also the a.ssociate head coach at Stanford.

Mark Carrier
Cincinnati Bengals Defensive Backs Coach

Carrier is a former Trojan great who has been coaching since 2006 including a stint at Arizona State. But to go from an NFL DB coach to USC's defensive coordinator could be a bit of a stretch. Carrier seems comfortable coaching at the NFL level but the lure of his former school would probably seal the deal for him.
 5 years ago '10        #1154
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
I want Shannon
 5 years ago '12        #1155
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,120 | Props total: 15686 15686

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #1156
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Sunday, USCFootball.com reached out to a few sources about potential defensive coordinator candidates after the resignation of Monte Kiffin. First, we verified that Ed Orgeron was unlikely to retain the title of defensive coordinator. Furthermore, multiple sources told us that USC would most likely look outside the program for a coordinator.

It was originally rumored that USC may just promote Scottie Hazleton or Marvin Sanders as defensive coordinator and use the estimated $1 million a year salary Kiffin was making to hire a new offensive coordinator. As of now, that does not appear to be the plan.

Monday, we received a tip that USC may be in the process of setting up an interview with Oregon State defensive coordinator Mark Banker. Tuesday, USCFootball.com reached out to a source close to Banker and got confirmation that the longtime Beaver coach was indeed interested in the opening at USC. For years, we've always heard there was no way Banker would leave Mike Riley.

That is not the case. In fact, from what we were told Tuesday, Banker would jump at the chance to return to USC after being a graduate a.ssistant for the Trojans under John Robinson. It was during his time at USC he met Mike Riley, who was an offensive coordinator for the Trojans under Robinson.

Mark Banker has strong ties to Southern California and is well respected among high school coaches throughout the state. His coaching career began at his alma mater, Springfield College, where he was a offensive line and running backs coach. Banker then moved to Cal State Northridge, where he would become a defensive coordinator for the first time. He spent 13 years at CSUN before heading to the D-I level as a defensive back coach for Hawai'i.

During his time in Hawai'i, he developed strong ties to the island community - ties that would serve him later at Oregon State as a recruiter. Like most a.ssistant coaches, when Hawai'i made a head coaching change, Banker lost his job as well. That disappointment ended up being one of the best things that ever happened to him.

It was at that time that Banker became a GA for USC under John Robinson in 1996. Banker took a step backward to take two step forward. Banker impressed USC's offensive coordinator Mike Riley enough to be hired on as a defensive backs coach when Riley was named head coach at Oregon State.

Banker, recruiting San Fernando Valley, Central California and Hawai'i for Oregon State, signed a handful of the starters which made up Dennis Erickson's 11-1 team that dismantled Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl.

Banker would again follow Mike Riley to the San Diego Chargers.

It was during the 2001 season when the Chargers were decimated by injuries and upheavals of the defensive staff when Banker stepped up and performed admirably as the Chargers defensive coordinator after serving two seasons as the cornerbacks coach. As the coordinator, the Chargers ranked 11th in the league for total defense and first for rush defense average.

That season was the first he coordinated a defense since the early 90's at CSUN. It wouldn't be his last. After Riley and staff were dismissed by the Chargers, Banker was hired by Stanford as their defensive coordinator in 2002. He stayed with the Cardinal for one season before meeting back up with Riley at Oregon State as the Beavers defensive coordinator in 2003.

Now USCFootball.com is told by a reliable source that Banker is very intrigued by the USC defensive coordinator job for several reasons. First, Banker enjoyed being at USC as a graduate a.ssistant. As stated, he went from being on the full time staff at Hawai'i to going unpaid at USC. He knew coaching at USC would open up doors for him and he was right. According to our source who knows him personally, he still views USC as being a place of opportunity. Any aspirations of being a head coach would be better sought with success as a Trojan.

Banker has done more with less at Oregon State, so the Trojans returning defense would be a big personnel upgrade and great fit to his 4-3 based scheme. With scholarship limitations at USC, Banker wouldn't flinch with the players the Trojans can recruit. Banker has had 17 players from his defenses drafted to the NFL since 2003. That does not include players like Seattle cornerback Brandon Browner who played for Banker and went undrafted.

With a lot of junior college transfers, two-stars and three-stars, he has managed to keep Oregon State among the top defenses in the conference. USC fans may know that better than any fan base in the country. The last time the Trojans played Oregon State in 2010, they lost 36-7.

Banker has sincere interest in USC, and according to our source, the ball will be in Lane Kiffin's court.

"If USC would put together an offer close to what Monte got, he'll take it," said the source. "He doesn't even need the full Monte, just some of it
 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM         #1157
ScarlosSantana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn that. Bring Joe Barry Back. He made the Chargers linebaks look respectable for the first time in years.
 5 years ago '10        #1158
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Yeah you being a Chargers fan I was going to ask how he had the linebackers looking this season. I know he made Pullard & Bailey look like studs. Hell even Dawson looked Ok under Barry in 11'.

I dont want the Oregon State guy and another dude we are supposedly high on is Cals DC Pendergast who i do not want by any means.

Shannon I wouldn't mind because he coaches an attacking style and is great at it all the while having South Florida on lock as far as recruiting. Barry I like for reasons stated and for him not liking Monte's style That alone damn near wins me over.
 5 years ago '10        #1159
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
A new name has emerged on our search for a DC.

Pete Kwiatkowski
Boise State Defensive Coordinator

[pic - click to view]

Kwiatkowski took over as the Broncos' defensive coordinator in 2010 and has been on the BSU staff since 2006. He was the DC for Montana State for six seasons prior to returning to his Alma Mater. In 2012 the Boise State defense was ranked in the top-10 in total defense, scoring defense and passing defense. USC has shown some interest in Kwiatkowski, but would he leave Idaho for LA?

I aint going to lie, I love what he did with the place in Boise.

UPDATE: If he should return, Barry would be welcomed back by those who worked with him, we understand.

UPDATE: There is legitimate mutual interest between USC and Banker.

Last edited by USC; 12-07-2012 at 05:21 PM..
 12-07-2012, 09:06 PM         #1160
ScarlosSantana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 USC said:
Yeah you being a Chargers fan I was going to ask how he had the linebackers looking this season. I know he made Pullard & Bailey look like studs. Hell even Dawson looked Ok under Barry in 11'.
I use Donald Butler & Shaun Philips as the measuring stick of Joe Barry

this year until he got hurt. He had a decent season last year but this season he was on pace to out do his 2011 numbers. He already has 2 INTs & 2 Sacks which is what he totaled last year. The numbers don't even do him justice because to see him fly around the field the way he has this year has been phenomenal. It's like his awareness got taken to a whole new level. I credit that to good coaching. I could make a case that Donald Butler is the future of the Charger defense now.

Then let's have a look at our long time veteran pass rusher

He's back looking like his old self again and on pace to having one of his best seasons. I also credit that to good coaching. John Barry and John Pagano obviously get along and agree on strategy.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
76 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kill Order Martial Arts Film Trailer
14 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
108 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy