The Official USC Trojans Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #1061
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,490 | Props total: 9775 9775
Related Links:
Super talents at SerraPac-12 Preview: Picking the winnersWednesday Instant Analysis
Talk about it in The Peristyle
This USC team is in a completely different place, even if these Trojans are going to need a "second Thursday" practice tomorrow to please Lane Kiffin after Wednesday's first spirited, but hardly error-free, go-round in helmets and shorts, but no pads. That one may have been a little too loosey-goosey.

In a different place? Are you kidding, Dion Bailey seems to be saying with all the stunned emotion of Jim Mora Sr. in that famous NFL postgame meltdown.
Dion Bailey has gone from never having played a down in college to the role of a leader -- and he's hardly alone here.

Different place? They're in a different universe, Bailey says with a big grin. "I'd never played a down of college football -- and I'd never played linebacker. Hayes [Pullard] had never played a down of college football."

And now, coming off USC's 10-2 season and second-half surge, they're freshmen All-Americans and All-Pac-12 guys and maybe even more importantly, when a veteran Trojan like Matt Barkley says, as he did Tuesday, that he's "never been around a team with so many leaders," the names Bailey and Pullard are there.

From barely followers a year ago to leaders now.

"I was just following the leaders," Pullard says. "I watched how T.J. [McDonald] and Nickell [Robey] did it and tried to do it like they did."

And the cycle starts over with an incoming freshman Kevon Seymour, who was talking about his transition to backup corner in a couple of weeks. "We have tons of leaders, guys who stay after with us, guys who aren't even at our position like Hayes and Dion. They just tell me to keep my head out there. Don't let things get to me."

Seymour hasn't, putting on 16 pounds (up to 182) on his slim frame since his arrival in late July.

But if Seymour has Pullard, Pullard said he had Barkley "and back to Rhett Ellison, the way he went about things."

And so it goes, from one class to the next, from one side of the ball to the other.

WILL ANDREW KNEW IT WAS 50-50

Leadership comes in lots of forms and former walkon linebacker Will Andrew was displaying it after practice Wednesday, three days after he'd learned he wouldn't be getting his scholarship again this season.

"I knew it was a 50-50 thing and it was totally out of my control," said Andrew, who was the one 2011 walkon scholarship winner not to have his renewed this week when the NCAA sanctions numbers crunch cutting USC to 75 scholarships caught up with him.
Will Andrew will take not getting his scholarship like "a Trojan" and "f!ght On," he said.

"I tried not to worry about it," said the 6-foot-2, 235-pound Andrew, a fourth-year human performance major from Huntington Beach who will graduate this spring. "But I kept an eye on it."

And that won't change for Andrew, who is on several special teams this season and has a knack for the football from his middle linebacker spot. "Anything could happen," Andrew says of the Trojans' thin linebacking corps. And if a scholarship should open up, could he still get one into the season?

"I'm not sure," he says. But of this he is sure. "I'm going to still be out there and be a Trojan and 'f!ght On'." And maybe for a fifth and final season since he's just a redshirt junior. "I'd be interested in another year," he says.

And yes, it does strike him, he says, of how the NCAA scholarship limits do punish the innocent and uninvolved. "It has gone through my mind," he says. But not just for himself and his own situation. "It''s not unique to me. None of these kids here had anything to do with it."

Kiffin, who called Andrew in late Sunday with the news, said he's also not going to let it weigh him down, choosing to look on the upside that "he was fortunate to have one for a year," a thought Andrew seconded.

And no, Kiffin said, he wasn't going to let himself think about how the NCAA exempted schools not on probation from going over their scholarship limits to take a Penn State transfer, as USC did with Silas Redd, but not those on probation like USC and Ohio State. Their scholarship limits weren't flexible, the NCAA said.

"Whatever the NCAA allows us to do, we do," Kiffin said, choosing not to focus on whether USC was singled out here.

FOX FOLKS HERE

Wednesday was the day for the Fox Network's main college football crew to come out to USC for the LA-based network. Which meant Fox new studio host Erin Andrews with analysts Charles Davis and Eddie George, in a USC t-shirt, and play-by-play guy Gus Johnson, who started by visiting with AD Pat Haden.

A self-described "SEC girl" from Florida, the New York-based Andrews considers USC her good luck charm in the business that's taken her from sideline reporter to College GameDay to now Fox Studio Host and Major League Baseball postseason reporter. Her first big ESPN a.ssignment came in USC's opening bowl game against Virginia Tech in 2004 when she spent three days in preseason here prepping for that game.

"That's right," she says. "But I was with TBS for some games the year before, and always consider Carson [Palmer] that year and USC the place where I got my real start in college football."

Simi Vehikite was back on the practice field Wednesday. Not sure yet what his exact status is with the team.

SIMI MAY BE BACK

He's served his time, served even more time when INS said his papers weren't in order and held him for another month after being released from jail on two felony convictions in May for leaving the scene of an accident and for a blood-alcohol reading of .08.

But on Wednesday, senior Simi Vehikite, who has already walked in the athletes graduation with his classmates last spring, was back on Howard Jones Field in jersey No. 39 and working on getting in shape. Kiffin had promised last spring on his sentencing and separation from the team that he'd give him another chance after he'd served his time, learned his lesson and paid his debt to society.

And now it may be working just that way. Would Vehikite somehow qualify for a scholarship? Is there one available? Can he play without one? None of those question were answered Wednesday although Simi told us he would talk to USCFootball.com Thursday.

A 5-11, 225-pound special teams player with six tackles and a pass deflection in 2011, the former Kapolei, Hawai'i, high school player came to USC as a fullback before moving over to linebacker.

QUOTING THE KIFFINS

* It's 'Showtime': Never thought we'd hear these words from Lane Kiffin but there's an absolute realism that he admitted that coaching a major sport in Los Angeles is different. "There's a Showtime element to it, a style factor to it. It was here before with great runs in multiple sports . . . L.A.'s a town not fired up about winning 14-10 and showing up."

* Hardly a Hall of Fame genius:

With all the praise that has been coming USC's, and the Kiffins' way this week from former USC offensive coordinator Norm Chow, Monte Kiffin drew the line at Chow's calling him one of the all-time great defensive coaches in the game's history and a sure Hall of Famer. "He must not have seen the film of our game at Hawai'i two years ago," Kiffin said of the Trojans' 49-36 no-tackling

Freshman CB Kevon Seymour is learning from USC's "tons of leaders," he says.

It's OK that USC will need a "second Thursday" to get things right for Saturday's opener (4:30 p.m., Fox) against Hawai'i at the Coliseum. They have time, Kiffin said -- 72 whole hours to get it right. And getting a "Thursday practice" right means no repeating plays and getting all the rapid-fire subbing correct on the fly . . . Lots of energy but not as much precision in a hard-working effort with more heart than head . . . MLB Lamar Dawson has been promising people he'd be back Saturday and now says he will. Hey someone has to call the signals and he's the acknowledged smart guy in the middle of the USC defense . . . Backup redshirt freshman DT Christian Heyward, called "Pops" by his teammates because he doesn't look like a freshman, is much improved in the last three weeks with a quicker his first step and better use of his hands say the O-linemen working against him . . . He'd be a key to USC's four-man DT rotation . . . Barkley said it first yesterday about the billboard featuring him, one of USC's 30 in the LA area that went up in Westwood near UCLA. "They didn't ask me before it went up and they didn't ask me before it went down." . . . USC's Haden echoed Barkley Wednesday with: "They didn't ask me either. You know, we've got a lot of fans on the West Side, too." . . . Best thing about watching a.ssistant Marvin Sanders do his thing with the DB's is how he can actually run the demo stuff live and full-speed with them . . . CB Brian Baucham and LB Marquis Simmons could not have picked a better time to get back. Both are now backups with the second group and Kiffin said both could play Saturday, even Simmons despite his having not been in camp with his academic difficulties . . . Max Wittek may have looked a bit nervous Tuesday knowing he had just been named the backup QB but that no one else knew. Wednesday he looked much more comfortable and in charge and knowing he belonged out there. Big difference in a day . . .When you see those special white with pink/orange soccer/kicking shoes both Kyle Negrete and Andre Heidari got from Nike as leftovers from NFL brea$t Cancer Awareness games, don't expect them to give them up. They love the shoes that fit like Italian leather driving gloves with titanium cleats and bottoms and some sort of super-light synthetic fabric skin. But they're glad they don't have to pay for them. The tab, if you wanted to get a pair off the shelf, Heidari says would be "about 400 dollars." Former NFL All-Star Greg Townsend Sr. was back on the sidelines which always means good things for DE Greg Jr. . . . You know these guys are going hard, and it's hot and humid early in the morning when you can see the cardinal numbers bleeding through the defense's white jerseys -- as they were today.

Dan Weber covers the Trojans program for USCFootball.com. You can reach him at .
 5 years ago '04        #1062
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,009 | Props total: 85 85

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #1063
bouncer900 
space
space

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #1064
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
:

Seau

IM TURNT UP & READY BABY
 5 years ago '12        #1065
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,101 | Props total: 15524 15524
Anybody else worried the Lee just might have a little bit of an ego?
 5 years ago '04        #1066
bouncer900 
space
space

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #1067
bouncer900 
space
space
 CosbySweater said:
Anybody else worried the Lee just might have a little bit of an ego?
apparently so.....
with the f!ghts hes started in practice, to the showboating, to showing up his QB on tv

Barkley flipped when he ran the wrong route yesterday....
you can't be that dude if you dropping passes and running the wrong routes

Last edited by bouncer900; 09-02-2012 at 12:20 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #1068
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,049 | Props total: 6947 6947
nice start fellas.....see you in January
 5 years ago '04        #1069
bouncer900 
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
nice start fellas.....see you in January
 5 years ago '10        #1070
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Not so mad about the Cleats now

those socks are coke.
 5 years ago '10        #1071
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 bouncer900 said:
apparently so.....
with the f!ghts hes started in practice, to the showboating, to showing up his QB on tv

Barkley flipped when he ran the wrong route yesterday....
you can't be that dude if you dropping passes and running the wrong routes
That Star @ USC life will change the best of em, bet I would put money he wont be doing that sh*t again. Bark will not be shown up by a true soph lol.

Matt Barkley and Marqise Lee wore their emotions on their cardinal-and-gold sleeves during USC's season opener Saturday night.
After an incomplete pass in the second quarter, Lee gestured to Barkley to throw the ball a little higher. After another incompletion in the third quarter, Barkley yelled at Lee for running the wrong route.

USC coach Lane Kiffin said he had no problem with QB Matt Barkley yelling at Marqise Lee during Saturday's game vs. Hawaii.

Trouble between Trojans? Not so, according to USC coach Lane Kiffin.
"You're dealing with two top-five picks in the draft, phenomenal players who are very competitive," Kiffin said during his weekly teleconference Sunday night. "They want to complete every ball. I think that's a good thing."
Kiffin noted that Barkley threw for almost 400 yards and Lee gained almost 200 receiving, yet "they're not satisfied."
"There's nothing negative about that," Kiffin said. "They don't think they should ever punt. Those are the standards they have."
Barkley and Lee connected 10 times in less than four quarters of work. After the game, Barkley said his third-quarter barking at Lee was a product of expecting perfection and that it was "nothing personal."
'WOW' FOR WILLIAMS
Kiffin was impressed with the performance of his new-look defensive line against Hawaii. The unit was missing injured seniors Wes Horton and Devon Kennard and featured five players making their Division I debuts.
That group included freshman defensive tackle Leonard Williams, who had two tackles, a sack, a fumble recovery and a pass breakup.
"I saw some great things out of Leonard, some things where you really say, 'Wow,' " Kiffin said. "He also made bunch of mistakes, like any freshman would."
Kiffin expects the defensive line to face a much tougher challenge in Week 2 against Syracuse (Saturday, 12:30 p.m. KABC/7).
NOTE

Last edited by USC; 09-03-2012 at 09:12 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #1072
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Uko,Lenny, Morgan Beaslin, Townsend

Breslin motor is ridiculous, our line seems (to me at least) that it will be better this year. AB/Bauch better not continue to play like that Kiff has no problem putting in the hungry youngins.
 5 years ago '10        #1073
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Those gloves as well
 5 years ago '04        #1074
bouncer900 
space
space
 USC said:
Uko,Lenny, Morgan Beaslin, Townsend

Breslin motor is ridiculous, our line seems (to me at least) that it will be better this year. AB/Bauch better not continue to play like that Kiff has no problem putting in the hungry youngins.

Twaun Woods needs to step it up hes the the only one who didn't have a sack or a tackle

I expect to see Seymour and Shaw to replace them if they don't get it together
 5 years ago '10        #1076
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
You cant see it from this view but at 1:46 Lenny comes across and knocks a hawaii player out.

You can hear the crowd react to it

Last edited by USC; 09-03-2012 at 01:03 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #1077
bouncer900 
space
space
 USC said:
You cant see it from this view but at 1:46 Lenny comes across and knocks a hawaii player out.

You can hear the crowd react to it

they should have added Soma, when he destroyed that guy on the kickoff
 5 years ago '10        #1078
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Here is an update on performances of USC players who have been named to various college football award watch lists:

LB Dion Bailey, So. (Bednarik, Nagurski, Lombardi, Butkus): Led the Trojans in tackles with seven, as well as a tackle for loss. This should be no surprise, as he was the co-leading tackler for USC in 2011.

QB Matt Barkley, Sr. (Camp, Maxwell, O’Brien): Barkley put up the kind of numbers a Heisman favorite should put up -- 233-of-38 passing for 372 yards and four touchdowns with no interceptions. Now comes time to take his act to the Big Apple.

PK Andre Heidari, So. (Groza): Heidari hit his only field goal attempt (28 yards) and was 4-for-4 on extra points. Was out of action in the middle of the game, as his backup kicked several kickoffs, but returned later to kick his only field goal.

OC Khaled Holmes, Sr. (Rimington): Had a clean game with no missed exchanges with Barkley and no penalties. Offensive line will look to be more of a force in the running game next week.

WR Marqise Lee, So. (Biletnikoff, Maxwell): Lee deserved a helmet sticker for his electrifying performance; 10 catches for 197 yards, including a 75-yard catch and run for a score on the opening play of the game, as well as a 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown.

DB T.J. McDonald, Sr. (Thorpe, Camp, Bednarik, Nagurski): Had four unassisted tackles, two tackles for loss and a pass breakup. Will need to play a big role this week against a potent Syracuse passing attack.

WR Robert Woods, Jr. (Biletnikoff, Camp, Maxwell): Caught six passes for 42 yards and a pair of scores, lower than normal numbers by his standards. He should be fine as he continues to adjust back to being on the field after offseason ankle surgery.

RB Curtis McNeal, Sr. (Maxwell, Walker): Only carried the ball five times for 10 yards. Look for his production to increase this week as Lane Kiffin will look to get him the ball.

LB Hayes Pullard, So. (Lombardi): Provided the defensive highlight of the day for the Trojans with his interception return for a touchdown. Also added six tackles as he moved to the MLB spot to take over for regular starter Lamar Dawson, who was out of action.

RB Silas Redd, Jr. (Camp, Maxwell, Walker): Had a dazzling 31-yard touchdown run but also fumbled after a long pass reception. Led the Trojans in rushing with 56 yards on nine carries.

DB Nickell Robey, Jr. (Bednarik, Nagurski, Thorpe): Robey had two tackles and two pass breakups but he was rarely challenged as the Warriors consistently threw away from him. Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib puts it up often, so expect Robey to get more work this week.

DL Wes Horton, Sr. (Lombardi): Did not play.
 5 years ago '04        #1079
bouncer900 
space
space
D.J. Morgan will have minor knee surgery and will be out three to four weeks
 5 years ago '10        #1080
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Gerard Martinez
Senior Analyst
The USCFootball.com Recruiting Wire encapsulates news and notes about the recruiting targets pertinent to Trojan fans.
This feature follows various recruiting targets inside and outside the Rivals.com network. Complimenting the breaking news, multimedia and other exclusive features found at USCFoootball.com. The USC Recruiting Wire is a quick recap of the notable and quotable stories you may have missed.

DB Leon McQuay III Seffner (FLA) Armwood

[pic - click to view]

Notable or QuotableTrojan defensive back target Leon McQuay III unofficially visited USC this weekend, although the five-star safety did not attend the Trojans 49-10 win over Hawaii. McQuay's team beat Brandon High School Saturday night 55-0 before he and his father made the trip to Los Angeles. Leon Jr. was recently quoted in depth about his son's recruitment by BigCountyPreps.
Top Schools
USC
Vanderbilt
Florida State

CB Jalen Ramsey Nashville (Tenn.) Brentwood Academy

[pic - click to view]

Notable or QuotableRamsey had five tackles and one pass break up on defense in a 24-6 win over Montgomery Bell Academy Friday. On offense, Ramsey continues to impress catching two passes and one touchdown. Ramsey's touchdown was a 64-yard sprint on a screen pass. Despite reports that Ramsey was at the Louisville/Kentucky game Sunday, he did not visit any schools this weekend.
Top Schools
USC
Florida
Alabama
Vanderbilt

DB Su'a Cravens Murrieta (Calif.) Vista Murrieta

[pic - click to view]

Notable or QuotableUSC five-star commit Su'a Cravens and his Vista Murrieta teammates found themselves in a very tough contest with visiting Highlands Ranch (Colo.) Thunder Ridge. In a tight game, Cravens made a play in the second quarter that set the tone for Vista's eventual 37-26 victory. He made a very athletic catch that ended up a 39-yard touchdown grab. For the night, Cravens caught four passes for 82 yards.

Top Schools
USC

WR Steven Mitchell Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany

[pic - click to view]

Notable or QuotableFellow four-star USC receiver commit Steven Mitchell continued his fine early senior season latching onto five receptions for 88 yards in a half of play. Mitchell's class of 2015 teammate, Brandon Pierce, also played home run ball coming down with the longest reception of the night, an 87-yard pass in the first half. Saturday, Mitchell attended the Trojans win over Hawaii.

Top Schools
USC
Notre Dame
Cal

DE Jason Hatcher Louisville (Ky.) Trinity

[pic - click to view]

Notable or QuotablesDefensive end commit Jason Hatcher unofficially visited Louisville Sunday according to CardinalSports.com. As Cardinal fans chanted Hatcher's name, the four-star Army All-American tweeted "f!ghtOn." However, Hatcher is still planning on officially visiting Louisville at some point during the year.

Top Schools
USC
Florida
Louisville
South Carolina

CB Adoree Jackson Gardena (Calif.) Serra

[pic - click to view]

Notable or QuotableSerra 2014 teammates Adoree Jackson and Dwight Williams both attended the Trojans win over Hawaii Saturday. According to Jackson, he isn't thinking much about recruiting. "I'm just talking to everybody and nothing is that big," Jackson said. "They want to see what's happening with me and I want to see what's happening with them so we're keeping that communication going."

Top Schools
USC
Cal
Oregon
Nebraska
Washington

RB Justin Davis Stockton (Calif.) Lincoln

[pic - click to view]

Notable or QuotableFour-star Trojan running back commit, Justin Davis led his team as they bounced back from a tough loss in their opener to Elk Grove 35-21. Davis determined to get his team on the winning track was a workhorse rushing for 164 yards on 30 carries and scored two touchdowns. His performance catapulted his team to a tough fought victory over Elk Grove (Calif.) Pleasant Grove, 34-27.

Top Schools
USC

DT Montravius Adams Vienna (Ga.) Dooly County

[pic - click to view]

Notable or QuotableWhile USC has commitments from two of the nation's top defensive tackle in Kenny Bigelow and Eddie Vanderdoes, the Trojans may still keep their options open and welcome a visit from Adams. The nation's No. 2 defensive tackle unofficially visited the Clemson/Auburn game Saturday held at the Georgia Dome. The SEC ruled this year that schools can now host recruits on visits at neutral sites.

Top Schools
USC
LSU
Clemson
Auburn
Alabama

Last edited by USC; 09-06-2012 at 12:55 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy