The Official USC Trojans Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1041
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,009 | Props total: 85 85
Marquise Simmons and Brian Baucham are academically eligible.

Isiah Wiley is not and will transfer becuase he wants to play football this season
 5 years ago '10        #1043
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,490 | Props total: 9775 9775
 bouncer900 said:
Marquise Simmons and Brian Baucham are academically eligible.

Isiah Wiley is not and will transfer becuase he wants to play football this season

Thanks for the schollie tho
 5 years ago '04        #1044
bouncer900 
space
space
this dude had tutors and still failed his summer school classes
 5 years ago '10        #1045
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space

Uko attributes some of their success to the full tackling that was allowed in the first half of the game.

"I think it helps just being able to go out there and hit somebody," Uko said. "I mean, Silas Redd, he's a big back, our DB's are not going to hit him up top. So with the DB's being able to come down field and tackle live, that made everyone more hungry because you actually were able to hit people instead of just thudding them up.

"Thudding up is protective and safe, but there is nothing like going live and hitting somebody."

During the scrimmage Uko registered a tackle for a loss and also recorded a diving interception of Matt Barkley.

"I just saw the ball in my area," Uko said. "I just ran to it and somehow I caught it. Then I felt I hit three of the little DB's, they all bounced off of me and I just fell and realized that I had the ball."

After the ball left Barkley's hand, Anthony Brown tipped it in the air. It looked like Brown was going to come down with the pick, but Uko made sure that didn't happen.

"I know I took it away from Anthony Brown," Uko said. "I know that because Anthony was right there on the radar about to get the pick and I just ran over there and stole it from him."

After the scrimmage defensive line coach Ed Orgeron had some encouraging words for his guys.

"He just told the walk-ons how proud he was of them and how everyone had a good day," Uko said. "He told the walk-ons how they earned his respect because they went every play, every down without skipping a beat, knowing their a.ssignments, playing at pad level and they're here just for the love of the game. They're not here on scholarship, like we are. They are here doing the same thing we are, but without the extra benefits."

As the only returning interior lineman with experience, the sophomore Uko has taken on a leadership role helping out the younger guys.

"Yeah, Antwaun Woods, I took him under my wing and he is learning," Uko said. "Antwaun is a big, strong ox in the middle. He's just a perfect nose tackle and exactly what we need.

"Leonard Williams, he's learning and I think he's going to be a great player, an amazing player. He has a great physique and he can move for his size and he just understands the game. He picks up the blitzes really fast."

Even after losing two senior defensive tackles off of last year's squad, Uko thinks this group can be even better.

"I feel like our defensive line interior is better than last year, honestly," he said. "I feel we have more playmakers. I feel we are faster, a lot faster than they were and I feel like we are better playmakers. We are not just gap stuffers, we are better pass rushers, too."

Uko, Woods and Williams give USC three strong tackles in the rotation, but Orgeron would like the line to rotate eight bodies in there, four inside and four outside.

Leonard Williams has played well at defensive tackle this fall.

"Look, we rotated three guys last year," Uko said. "Me, Juicy [DaJohn Harris], and [Christian] Tupou, and we did just fine. I feel like we can be better. I feel I can be better than last year. I feel Leonard and Antwaun can be better."

Williams may have came in as a defensive end, but it didn't take long for the coaches to move him to tackle.

"Leonard keeps getting bigger and bigger," Uko said. "He's a huge kid. He's a man child. When he first came I was like 'who is this guy, he can play, alright coach, I see your recruit coming in.' We're going to be good."

Speaking of size, Uko has his body exactly where he wants it.

"I'm weighing 280, 285," he said. "I like to play at 280, 285. I don't like to play with too much weight on me, just because I need to be able to run. I know I can take on the blocks that I need to just by doing it in practice, double teams, everything."

With fall camp winding down, Uko is keeping his goals simple.

"I just want to tighten up the group as one," he said. "Just everyone knowing their a.ssignments, and everything becoming second nature to us and making sure that we keep working hard. Just because we get to go home now and be back with our families and be with your girlfriend, that doesn't mean for us to relax. I feel like we need to keep the same focus, like we are still in the dorms. That's a big thing to me.

"Now that we are going home, we are going to have extra distractions, but I think we need to keep that same focus that we had in the dorms. I feel that will make us a stronger unit."

Stay tuned to USCFootball.com for more updates from fall camp.
 5 years ago '10        #1046
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 bouncer900 said:
this dude had tutors and still failed his summer school classes
fu*king over that USC degree That will def be a regret
 5 years ago '04        #1047
bouncer900 
space
space
OFFENSE

Quarterback
MATT BARKLEY
Cody Kessler OR
Max Wittek

Running back
CURTIS MCNEAL OR
Silas Redd
D.J. Morgan
Javorius Allen

Fullback
Soma Vainuku
Jahleel Pinner
Charles Burks
Hunter Simmons

Flanker
MARQISE LEE*
De'Von Flournoy OR
Nelson Agholor

Split end
ROBERT WOODS
George Farmer
Victor Blackwell

Tight end
XAVIER GRIMBLE^ OR
RANDALL TELFER^
Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick OR
Christian Thomas OR
Junior Pomee

Left tackle
Aundrey Walker
Max Tuerk
Chad Wheeler

Left guard
MARCUS MARTIN
Abe Markowitz
Giovanni Di Poalo

Center
KHALED HOLMES
Cyrus Hobbi

Right guard
JOHN MARTINEZ
Jeremy Galten
David Garness

Right tackle
KEVIN GRAF
Nathan Guertler
Zach Banner

DEFENSE

Defensive end
WES HORTON^
Greg Townsend Jr. OR
Kevin Greene

Nose tackle
Antwaun Woods
Christian Heyward
Cody Temple

Defensive tackle
George Uko
Leonard Williams

Defensive end
J.R. Tavai
Morgan Breslin

Strongside linebacker
DION BAILEY
Tony Burnett
Dallas Kelley

Middle linebacker
LAMAR DAWSON^
Scott Starr
Will Andrew

Weakside linebacker
HAYES PULLARD
Anthony Sarao
Jabari Ruffin
Marquis Simmons

Cornerback
NICKELL ROBEY
Kevon Seymour
Ryan Henderson

Free safety
T.J. MCDONALD
Drew McAllister
Gerald Bowman

Strong safety
Demetrius Wright OR
JAWANZA STARLING
Josh Shaw

Cornerback
Anthony Brown
Torin Harris
Devian Shelton
Ryan Dillard
Brian Baucham

Punter
KYLE NEGRETE OR
Kris Albarado

Placekicker
Andre Heidari
Craig McMahon
Alex Wood

Long snapper
Peter McBride
John Manoogian

Holder
MATT BARKLEY
Cody Kessler
Kyle Negrete

Kickoff returner
ROBERT WOODS and
CURTIS MCNEAL OR
MARQISE LEE
George Farmer OR
Nickell Robey

Punt returner
NICKELL ROBEY OR
ROBERT WOODS
Marqise Lee
 5 years ago '04        #1048
bouncer900 
space
space
Lane moving Lee to Flanker, I guess he want to make sure his comments stand about Lee being the best WR on the team ..... I still dont see it yet

Woods bout to silence all critics
 5 years ago '04        #1049
bouncer900 
space
space
Max Wittek named backup
 5 years ago '12        #1050
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,101 | Props total: 15524 15524
 bouncer900 said:
Max Wittek named backup
What separated Max from Cody?
 5 years ago '04        #1051
bouncer900 
space
space
 CosbySweater said:
What separated Max from Cody?
only thing i could think of is their measurables..... because they have been even as far as running the offense

Max is 6-4 / 235 and is a product of the OC

Cody is 6-1 / 215

Last edited by bouncer900; 08-29-2012 at 10:36 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #1052
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Also everyone feels Wittek has the better upside def has a stronger arm. I'm a big Cody fan tho if he loses the competition next year I see one of the two transferring. Especially with super talented Max Browne coming in. I would prefer him to RS a year tho.
 5 years ago '10        #1053
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space

[pic - click to view]

view image
 5 years ago '12        #1054
CosbySweater 297 heat pts297
space
space
$36,101 | Props total: 15524 15524

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #1055
bouncer900 
space
space
 USC said:

[pic - click to view]

view image
I still can't see or read that sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #1056
bouncer900 
space
space
 CosbySweater said:

3 more day
 5 years ago '10        #1057
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 bouncer900 said:
I still can't see or read that sh*t
smh
 5 years ago '10        #1058
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 CosbySweater said:

Locker room k!llin em off
 5 years ago '04        #1059
bouncer900 
space
space

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #1060
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Talk about it in The Peristyle
USC has had quite a run landing players out of the talent factory Gardena (Calif.) Serra and they hope that trend will continue because they have two outstanding talents who are already national recruits.

Adoree Jackson has attributes similar to USC's Nickell Robey

One of those players is 5-foot-10, 175-pound corner Adoree' Jackson. He already has scholarship offers from Colorado, Nebraska, Northwestern, SMU, UCLA, Utah, Washington and Washington State.

Serra head coach, Scott Altenberg knows the reason why.

"Adoree is an unbelievable player," Altenberg said. "He reminds me of the Robert Woods, Marqise Lee and George Farmer mold. I mean, Adoree is just a super talent.

"He's only about 5-foot-10, 5-foot-11 as corner, but he jumped 25.2 in the long jump. He has a vertical leap that is just out of this world. I wouldn't even know how to measure it and he's fast as all get up. He has great ball skills.

"Adoree has already been an offered a spot in the U.S. Army All-American game and he's only a junior. They offered him that honor when he was sophomore. He is something else.

"He played well in our first game in our win versus Sherman Oaks (Calif.) Notre Dame. So much so that they didn't throw at him. They didn't even bother. They threw at him once and made an unbelievable play on an out. He never saw a ball again."

Serra beat a very good Notre Dame team, 26-23, on the road.

"Adoree is special," Altenberg said. "He's one of those kids that will dig to his deepest depths to help his team.

"In the state track finals, Adoree jumped 25.2 and won the long jump. He then was hurt on the last jump trying to break a record, so badly that his ankle swelled up to the size of a softball and they said he was out" of the mile relay.

"Adoree runs a 47 something and that was for us to win state. He said forget it. He jumped off the table, ran a 48.6 on a softball sized ankle that he just grinded out.

"It was just unbelievable. We ended up coming one place short because something happened to one of our other kids, but that's just how Adoree is.

"He had to sit out for a month after the meet because his ankle was hurt. That is just the kind of kid he is. He' tough as nails. He's a great, great kid and citizen.

"Adoree is on our life's team, which is kind of our religious ambassador for the school. He was nominated by the teachers. He's just a great kid and he's originally from Chicago, Ill. He move out to California his freshman year in high school."

While USC has yet to offer Jackson a scholarship, there's a chance that an offer could be coming in the near future. According to Altenberg, USC liken Jackson to a pretty good corner currently on the Trojans.

"I don't know if USC has offered Jackson yet," Altenberg said. "USC's coaches tell me that Adoree reminds them of Nickell Robey, except Adoree is a little bigger than Robey."

The Trojans are also evaluating linebacker Dwight Williams, another outstanding class of 2014 talent from Serra.

"Dwight is a linebacker who runs like a defensive back and hits like a linebacker," Altenberg said. "He is very athletic. A lot of people say that Dwight reminds them of USC linebacker, Dion Bailey. He is kind of in that mold.

"Dwight could play defensive back if we needed him there, but we just want him in there making tackles, so we put him at linebacker. I think most people will use him in that Will outside linebacker spot.

"Dwight is about 6-foot-1 and weighs about 205-pounds. His dad is real tall, so he is still growing. He will probably end being pretty tall and he's thick, too. He's not skinny.

"The thing about Dwight is he moves so well and that's what I think people like about him. He has really good nose for the ball, too. He's crazy athletic.

"Dwight already has a lot of offers, too. I don't know how all that early offer stuff works, but he has the size and athleticism.

"Usually early offer guys are prospects that are great players and have all the measurables. Sometimes there are great players that don't have the measurements and they don't get earl offers.

"Dwight's upside is unbelievable. He is still growing into playing linebacker. He is such a great athlete. He runs around and does stuff that others just can't. He is also really smart and he is really dedicated to getting better. He is just going to get better, better and better.

"He made a ton of plays in the Notre Dame game and he could have made more. He just over ran a couple of plays, but as he learns it, he's going to be super."

"Dwight has all the measurables. Adoree has all the measurables. I think George Farmer got his first offer when he was in seventh grade."

Thompson currently holds scholarship offers from Colorado, Oregon State and UCLA.

UCLA fans wonder why players from Serra are so drawn to USC. After all, Altenberg is a UCLA grad.

"UCLA needs to get the winning going over there and I think they will, but USC is the best team going right now," Altenberg said. "Kids want to play at the best. I always tell them at Serra we compete against the best every day. We work really hard.

"We play Long Beach (Calif.) Poly this week. From Notre Dame to Long Beach Poly. So our kids are used to playing against really good teams and USC has been really rolling so they all went to USC."

USCFootball.com will continue to keep you updated on Dwight Williams and Adoree Jackson throughout the year.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy