most viewed right now
+60  92
30 comments @thotties
most viewed right now
68 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+41  61
177 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

02-04-2013, 09:10 PM         #1201
ScarlosSantana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These decommits are literally sucking the life right out of nextseason already. Recruiting Nation still has us with the 8th best class but other classes have twice as many commits and our current "commits" have been awful quiet. I'm not sure how to take that.

6 years ago '10        #1202
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
$23,997 | Props total: 19096 19096
Hearing a lot of bad. Like JR going to FSU. Would be a crushing blow.. EV & Fitts to ugly. Hatcher & fukn Kentucky. Rabbits out of hats time. Everybody feels Lane is done. It's ruining this class. Never so much bad news this close to nsd.

6 years ago '05        #1203
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
$54,710 | Props total: 8049 8049
gimme dat n*ggaz

6 years ago '04        #1204
UnFaZeD 
space
space
space
$1,734 | Props total: 3 3
That's payback for taking Agholor from us

6 years ago '05        #1205
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
 UnFaZeD said
That's payback for taking Agholor from us
and McQuay Gay

6 years ago '10        #1206
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
We only have 18 rides and might end up with 12 Haven't we suffered enough? My god.... I'm going to spin it positive and say at least we will have 20+ rides next year. But this is bad.... Prevot might flip to Texas Falah is loving on udub n Oregone.. We need some kabooms n a real way EV. Put a USC pic on his twitter I think he mocking us for his coach ....it has come to this... Powell n Thomas would make me feel better. Powell being the more likely Thomas being a long long shot.

While everyone's here visit

Haden gotta go too.. No nuts on that man. Iron Mike would be all over the ncaa but not f!ghting irish announcer Pat. He continues to support Lane Kiffin... Why??? I'm convinced he's a double agent.

6 years ago '10        #1207
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
Hatcher gone

6 years ago '10        #1208
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
Prevot gone tamu

6 years ago '04        #1209
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,211 | Props total: 179 179

6 years ago '10        #1210
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
"You was cool Kylie .. But now u just a bruin.. I look forward to smashing you up and down the field for four years"

Khaliel Rodgers my new favorite. Straight goon

@TrojanMan_21: I hate liars. Plain and simple

SUA THE TRUTH

and this from Ty Isaac:

@TyIsaac: If this isn't something you want to be a part of, I can't be mad at you, but I won't waste time thinking about it either

6 years ago '10        #1211
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
@JD_22bsm: There might be some surprises for Trojan nation tommorrow you guys will have to wait and see

Hope Justin Davis not talking out his a.ss and he got first hand knowledge of some out of nowheres like Lenny Will was

6 years ago '10        #1212
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
worst nsd of all time.

02-13-2013, 12:46 AM         #1213
ScarlosSantana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 USC said
worst nsd of all time.
Agreed.

And in weird news, as the originator of this thread and one of the earliest if not THE first real SC fan on this site, I gotta break this weird news.

I may be enrolling at Texas A&M in the near future. Trying to get this degree in Biological and Agricultural Engineering. It would really help in my current work field (Microbiology). Plus the job offers tuition reimbursement so I gotta take this opportunity. Most of the people in this region of Texas that make the real money are all TAMU alumni since this is a highly agricultural area of the state. The goal is to get hired on by the USDA as a level 3 inspector ($35 an hour)

I'll always be a Trojan fan first and foremost but don't be surprised if you see me cheering for the Aggies as a second favorite. If I was back in California, I'd see what SC has to offer but I'm not and I didn't see any degrees in agriculture that I could get online through SC. In fact, I didn't see much to do with agriculture at all.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do

I feel conflicted but I'll still be a Trojan fan first and foremost.

6 years ago '10        #1216
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
I'm back and I bring good news. Let me get to my laptop first.

FSU RELEASE MATHEW THOMAS HE WANTS TO BE A TROJAN

6 years ago '11        #1217
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
space
$11,173 | Props total: 917 917

[pic - click to view]

Saw this on the Trojan blog. Trojans never stay down!

At the recent USC-UCLA Dual Meet, freshman Jenna Tong embodied the f!ght On spirit by recovering from an early spill in the steeplechase to win the event and post the fourth best time in Women of Troy history.

6 years ago '10        #1218
kNOLES 
space
space
$585 | Props total: 9 9
 Chad09 said

[pic - click to view]

This pretty much sums up your 2012 football season...

6 years ago '05        #1219
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
we aint releasin sh*t..........

6 years ago '12        #1220
CosbySweater 303 heat pts303
space
space
$37,154 | Props total: 20275 20275
How's Max Browne been looking?

6 years ago '10        #1221
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
Good lookin on the articles, keep them sh*ts comin bruh. I neeeed that

6 years ago '10        #1222
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
Max Browne is looking good but still lanky as fu*k. Needs to grow into his body a little more. Oh and Eddie big bi*ch Vanderhoe is going to UGLY. Apparently ND released him from his LOI

6 years ago '10        #1223
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
Letter of Indignation

As reported by USCFootball.com on signing day, five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas begrudgingly announced he would play college football for Florida State. Thomas, who several Trojan commits felt was "all USC" as late as the night before signing day, confirmed publicly that he was forced by his mother to sign with FSU.

Having never visited Los Angeles or seen USC, his mother had a coaching favorite in Jimbo Fisher. Thomas' brother was also living in Tallahassee at the time, which played a factor in his mother's push for the Noles. However, according to two sources with Thomas at his announcement ceremony, he only had one hat under the table for his pledge, and that was a USC hat. Thus, during his announcement on live television, Thomas gave a half-hearted Tomahawk chop without FSU gear.

"Dealing with family, and having to deal with them everyday... they can come see me and support me, and I think Florida State is a good spot for me to do that," Thomas said during his announcement.

Thomas' demeanor during the announcement was noticeably awkward. From what we gather, Thomas was soured by coaching moves at Florida State and really began favoring the idea of leaving the state of Florida for college. By the time he visited USC officially in January, football became less of a priority in his decision.

Thomas then went several hours after the announcement without faxing his LOI to Florida State. While this snafu was said to be "overblown" and just a technicality by FSU, Thomas' discontent was not superficial nor fleeting. But Thomas wanted to do right by his mother, and while compromises were discussed, the Under Armour All-American signed with FSU.

This week, talk of Thomas' discontent became a topic of conversation among Miami Hurricane fans - revealing Thomas still isn't sold on the Noles. A source close to the Matthew Thomas situation told USCFootball.com Thursday, "Where there is smoke, there is fire." This source would not confirm nor deny that Thomas has requested to be released from his LOI.

Understandably, no school wants to lose a player with the skill set of Thomas. USC was in a similar position in 2010 when Seantrel Henderson, the nation's No. 2 ranked player at the time, opted out of his LOI with USC after sanctions were announced. To avoid public backlash, USC granted Henderson his release without conditions and he eventually enrolled at Miami.

Thomas is only 17-years-old and he would need his mom's blessing to go anywhere but FSU. That further complicates things for him because it appears that his family is still pro-FSU. Even if Thomas gets out of his LOI, he still might not end up a Trojan. Georgia and South Carolina are said to be other possible options for him.

Until Thomas is released from his LOI by Florida State, schools cannot have contact with him. The rumor springing from Miami this week had Thomas willing to sit out a year in prep school to go through the recruiting process again. Sources close to Thomas did not confirm any future plans if FSU does not grant him a release from his LOI. At this point, the rumors are just smoldering.

6 years ago '10        #1224
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
Simmons still in play

Texas Tech defensive tackle transfer Delvon Simmons officially visited USC last weekend, and according to sources that visit went extremely well. Simmons also mention via Twitter that Los Angeles as a city was a big hit with him. Simmons has been to L.A. before as a recruit when he was wooed by USC back in 2010 as a four-star prospect. Of course, if Trojan fans recall, that recruitment was a roller coaster ride in and of itself, visiting USC, Iowa, Oregon, Rutgers and Texas Tech.

Oddly, Simmons ended up committing to North Carolina, a school he didn't officially visit. That lasted for a few months before he asked to be released out of his letter of intent when UNC's defensive line coach bolted to the NFL. From there, Simmons went to Texas Tech. As a Red Raider, Simmons started all 13 games for the Red Raiders in 2012 after playing in 10 games as a true freshman in 2011. He would lose his redshirt in a transfer, giving Simmons two years to play two unless the NCAA waved his transfer penalty.

In addition to looking at USC, Miami, Penn State, Michigan and Pittsburgh are other school he is considering, although sources say Michigan and Pitt are long shots. Right now, the vibe from Simmons camp is that USC and Miami are his top two choices, but late this week one very good source felt he definitely was USC's to lose. Simmons is in Miami this week, so things could change, but confidence is high on the West Coast.

Of course, confidence was high in signing Miami (Fla.) five-star linebacker Matthew Thomas in February and look how that turned out.

Thomas saga continues

While it was reported that Florida State signee Matthew Thomas has decided to stick with his commitment to the Seminoles last week, three sources with three different perspectives on Thomas' recruitment dispute that claim. FSU certainly wants to put this matter to bed, but at this point, it's not happening. As one source said, "He's still miserable and just stressed out over the whole thing. His heart isn't with Florida State."

Thomas contacted FSU on two different occasions asking for a release from his letter of intent. Both times, Florida State denied his request rather harshly. However, in more recent conversations with Thomas' circle, the tone has changed. The realization that Thomas has the support of his high school coaches and family could be the tipping point in what all three sources described as a stalemate.

The biggest piece of the puzzle will be, as we have said all along, Thomas' mother. She remains out of the country in Haiti, but is expected to return to the states soon. Thomas and his mother have spoken about his situation, but the hearsay of those conversations is too inconsistent and vague to pass along. In general, the consensus was that a decision on what to do has yet to be made. Furthermore, considering Thomas manned up and called Jimbo Fisher, he appears as adamant about not going to FSU as FSU is about not releasing him from his LOI.

But FSU is still in an awkward position. They don't want to lose a five-star talent, yet they don't want to force a disgruntled square peg into a round hole either. If Thomas doesn't want to be at Florida State, does Florida State want to keep trying to convince him otherwise? That's a recipe for disaster in the locker room with upperclassmen egos to coddle. Florida State fans will take that rejection personally, but this is more personal more Thomas than anyone.

If Thomas is not released, but decides to leave FSU anyway, he would most likely transfer to Georgia, USC or South Carolina and sit his redshirt freshman year. That would give him four years to play four.

Juco jukes LSU

Perkinston (Miss.) Gulf Coast wide receiver D'haquille Williams de-committed from LSU this week. Williams is considering USC and the Trojans did reach out to Williams before he committed to LSU two weeks ago. Williams says he never should have committed in the first place after visiting Baton Rouge, but sources following his recruitment say this is par for the course.

Williams recruitment is expected to be quite the circus, with several other SEC programs adding to the fray. Rumors of violations are already swirling around his recruitment, so while Williams is a top talent, the Trojans may not have the stomach to spend the effort it will take to pry him from the clutches of football depravity.

Schultz a farmer for now

USC offered a scholarship to South Jordan (Utah) tight end Dalton Schultz, but from everything we hear, he remains a heavy lean toward Stanford. The good news is that Schultz is taking time with the recruiting process and says he won't start to narrow down his list of options until he takes some official visits. That mean his recruitment won't really heat up until November.

2016 is here

USC offered scholarships to two 2016 wide outs this week. Both Gardena (Calif.) Serra wide out Brandon Burton and Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) University wide out Sam Bruce both received scholarship offers from USC. Burton is a big USC fan, and several sources see the Trojans as the team to beat for his services in... uhh... three years. Yeah, it doesn't mean much.

Bruce is described as a phenom by those who have seen him play. Last week, USC a.ssistant coach Tee Martin saw Bruce in person, and before the day was through, the to-be sophomore wide out had a scholarship offer from USC. While we are quick to point out that offers mean little these days, a scholarship that stems from a visit like this usually holds more weight. Bruce likes USC, but as with Burton, or even more so, his excitement is tempered by time.

So just where is the McNair case?

How often do we hear that question as the word filters out that there's a new judge on the case and for those of you who read the transcripts from the two hearings in LA District Court here two weeks ago, you're ahead of the appellate court that apparently hasn't received the transcript yet. Oh, and the NCAA apparently missed its first deadline to submit its appeal of Judge Frederick Shallers slapdown of their attempt to get the case dismissed -- and was given another month, or something like that.

So where is the McNair-NCAA case? It's in a very good place, sports fans, a far better place than anyone could have imagined it would be two years ago. It's not going fast. But it's going inexorably in the right direction, it seems. And that's all that really matters.

Good news coming?

Just maybe . . . this weekend, we'll finally hear the word on the Abe Markowitz waiver request from the NCAA to play his final season for USC in the fall and we remain optimistic. Sure, you have to think the NCAA will try to extract its pound of flesh, or maybe a couple of pounds, but we just keep thinking this case -- and Trojan Abe -- are going to end up in the right place.

Can football magazines already be on the stands?

Indeed, they are. Or at least two of the national editions are -- Lindy's Sports and Athlon Sports. And we'll just hit the quick highlights here. They pretty much agree on where USC starts out -- Athlon has USC No. 26 sandwiched with four Pac-12 teams -- Arizona State at No. 23, Oregon State (No. 25) and UCLA (No. 27). Oregon is No. 3 and Stanford No. 7.

Lindy's has USC at No. 25 with Kiffin tops on their "coaches' hot seat" list with the prediction that if he finishes there, it won't be good enough to save Kiffin's job.

Cognitive dissonance

One item caught our eye in Lindy's Pac-12 recruiting wrap, Lindy's listed the league's top recruits in order. Did you realize eight of the top nine signed with USC. And 10 of the top 15. So USC signed twice as many top-15 players as the other 11 teams in the Pac-12 combined. UCLA got two, Washington two and Oregon one.

And yet, when it came to "Best recruiting staff," here's how Lindy's inexplicably put it. "UCLA wins this category hands-down. The two best recruiters in the Pac-12 in 2013, bar none, were OL coach Adrian Klemm and DB coach Demetrice Martin. The two combined for 16 of UCLA's commitments and nearly all of the top players in the Bruins' top-rated Pac-12 class."

Well, OK then. That settles it. It really is all about quantity.

Forecasting here

As much as Lane Kiffin has been saying things really aren't going to look that much different on the sidelines this fall and what will change will be USC's ability to run the ball and play physical thanks to Mike Summers' ability to mold an offensive line that can block people, we think the offense is really going to be turned over to the coalition of four offensive a.ssistants to get the job done. Just a hunch here. And Kiffin is going to play the part of the head coach.

Trojan Time on the Islands

From the end of July to the end of August, when USC opens the 2013 season at Hawai'i, it will be all USC all the time on Oahu. That's because the Coen Brothers' movie version of Trojan Louiie Zamperini's incredible World War II survival story made famous by Laura Hillenbrand's book Unbroken will start filming at the end of July with Angelina Jolie directing the film.

And now the news from the NFL . . .

Mostly good these days from a Trojan perspective.

* Here's the first take on Cleveland Browns tight end Jordan Cameron. From Plain Dealer Browns beat writer Mary Kay Cabot: The Browns really like tight end Jordan Cameron as their starting tight end and plan to throw to him a lot. Cameron was targeted on plenty of deep balls in OTAs."

* And then there's Buffalo where roookie quarterback E.J. Manuel has really taken a liking to USC alum Robert Woods. "He always seemed to be open and ran great routes," Manuel said of Woods, whose four-year deal is expected to be worth $4.8 million, after one practice. "You want to get the playmakers the ball."

But that wasn't all. Asked about his decision to leave school as having been influenced by Matt Barkley's graduation, Woods said that was absolutely not the case. "I'm pretty confident with our quarterbacks we have there, Max Wittek and Cody Kessler. It had nothing to do with the quarterback. I felt confident in both. It was the best decision for me and my family. They always say this doesn't last forever, so I might as well get it while I can. I can still do school at the same time."

* And finally, we have the Jets, where it looks like they have actually been trying to give the job to Mark Sanchez by saying the decision on a starter (with rookie Geno Smith the other one in the running) could be made before the team gets to camp based on the work in the OTA's, which would certainly favor the guy with experience. And then two days later, Sanchez threw three interceptions and that was disappointing to head coach Rex Ryan. "Yeah, it is. Absolutely. It's a good thing defense makes the plays, but no, I'd rather him not turn the ball over once. He did a lot of great things, and then those negative things, at the end of the day, that's what gets you beat. And so we got to do a better job of eliminating those turnovers."

6 years ago '10        #1225
USC 82 heat pts82
space
space
Joe Mixon

Home      

most viewed right now
+43online now  27
Who's The Baddest Black Actress In Hollywood I Say It's Rochelle Aytes
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+133online now  27
The Best Pancakes Of The 90's
272 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+35online now  21
Video inside First look at Sonic the Hedgehog in his upcoming 'live-action' movie an..
95 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Wesley Pipes on Doing Scene With 76-Year-Old (Y'all knew about this sh-..
131 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+18online now  12
Video inside Dec 11 - Build my wall or I'll shutdown the Government
113 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+16online now  12
Image(s) inside Samsung Embarassingly Teams Up With A Fake Supreme 💀💀
23 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Soulja Boy Flexing! "YOU RENT-A-CAR-RAPPERS CANT STAND ON YOUR FOREIGNS..
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Dec 10 - Teacher Fired For Refusing To Call Female Student by Preferred Pronouns
141 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy