most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
79 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #921
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,009 | Props total: 85 85
drafted
Matt Kalil to the Vikings
Nick Perry to the Packers
Rhett Ellison to the Vikings

Undrafted free agents
Chris Galippo to the Colts
Brandon Carswell to the Raiders
Marc Tyler to the Packers
Christian Tupou to the Chargers??
DaJohn Harris to the Titans??

Armond Armstead

Last edited by bouncer900; 04-29-2012 at 03:59 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #922
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,492 | Props total: 9785 9785
After seeing Matt Kalil and Nick Perry go off the board quickly in the first round of the NFL draft, USC fans waited until fullback Rhett Ellison was chosen by the Minnesota Vikings in the fourth round (No. 128 overall) to see another former Trojans player selected.

That was it for former USC players in this draft and, although several players have and will be signing free agent contracts, the total of three overall picks reflects the fewest number of USC players selected in a draft since 2002.

Whether that reality is a comment on recruiting, a coaching transition or a program under sanctions, the fact is that there were nine players who were eligible to be drafted this year that came to USC ranked as one of the top five players at their position. Only one, Kalil, was selected in the draft.

That mark should certainly change next year when Trojans are likely to dominate the draft boards, particularly with seniors such as Matt Barkley, T.J. McDonald and Khaled Holmes.

The good news is that USC continues to lead the nation when it comes to total number of draftees (476) and first round selections (77).

Kalil became the 22nd offensive lineman to be drafted in the first round from USC since 1968, an average of one every other year. He is the third member of his family to be selected in the draft -- father Frank by the Bills and brother Ryan by the Panthers -- while he is also the third USC offensive tackle to be a first-round choice of the Vikings (Ron Yary, 1968 and Steve Riley, 1974).

Ellison certainly has some NFL connections of his own as his father, Riki, was a fifth-round pick of the San Francisco 49’ers and won two Super Bowls during his playing career.

Kalil and Ellison were one of three sets of college teammates who were chosen by the Vikings in the draft (Harrison Smith and Robert Blanton from Notre Dame and Jarius Wright and Greg Childs from Arkansas).

Perry will have some USC familiarity when he heads to Green Bay as he will be lined up opposite Clay Matthews, who was a senior in 2008 when Perry redshirted for the Trojans.

Perry was known as a defensive end in high school and college, but the Packers are planning to use him as an outside linebacker to apply some much needed pass rush help for the defense.

There were also several early free agent signings for USC players on Saturday:

RB Marc Tyler -- Green Bay Packers

WR Brandon Carswell -- Oakland Raiders

LB Chris Galippo -- Indianapolis Colts
 6 years ago '10        #923
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 bouncer900 said:
drafted
Matt Kalil to the Vikings
Nick Perry to the Packers
Rhett Ellison to the Vikings

Undrafted free agents
Chris Galippo to the Colts
Brandon Carswell to the Raiders
Marc Tyler to the Packers
Christian Tupou to the Chargers??
DaJohn Harris to the Titans??

Armond Armstead

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #924
bouncer900 
space
space

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #925
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Eldridge Massington commits to USC GOTDAMN......
 6 years ago '10        #927
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
5 down ten to go
next...
Sua
Davis

Maybe...
Redfield
Hutchings
 6 years ago '04        #928
bouncer900 
space
space
....... he jumped on that offer quick

Tee Martin on his business

Last edited by bouncer900; 05-04-2012 at 07:39 PM..
 05-06-2012, 11:09 AM         #929
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Every USC coach knows how important it is to win the recruiting war in the state of California. While losing the occasional in-state talent won't derail the Trojans, losing control of the region could signal a quick slide down the conference standings.

But with Lane Kiffin at the helm, either as head coach or recruiting coordinator, USC hasn't been content to sit home and rely solely on California's best to stock its recruiting classes. The historical reputation USC earned as a national recruiter has been reinforced by Kiffin's staff. And perhaps no area stands out more for USC, and Kiffin especially, than the Southeast.

It's easy to understand why Kiffin has something of a soft spot for that part of the map. Not only did his father, Monte Kiffin, spend 13 years coaching for the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but in Kiffin's first year coaching wide receivers at USC, he was blessed with arguably the greatest talent the Trojans have ever had at the position in former Tampa standout Mike Williams.

The Trojans added standouts such as Leonard Williams, Patrick Turner, Kyle Moore, Nickell Robey, Lamar Dawson and Nelson Agholor from SEC country while Kiffin has been at USC. Kiffin has shown a commitment to the area, and took another big step toward solidifying USC's presence there with his hiring of wide receiver coach Tee Martin.

Martin is something of an institution in the area. Originally from Mobile, Ala., Martin starred for Mobile Williamson High School before going on to win a national championship as a quarterback at the University of Tennessee. After his playing career, Martin coached at Morehouse College in Atlanta, Kennesaw (Ga.) North Cobb High School and North Atlanta High School before spending two years at the University of Kentucky. Not only was Martin a strong hire for USC in terms of his ability to coach several positions, but it was thought he would quickly add to the Trojans reach into the area.

During the spring evaluation period, Martin has been asked to cover plenty of ground. Not only has he made his expected treks into Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas and Florida, he's also made stops in Texas, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Washington D.C. Martin said he hasn't been fazed by the seemingly daunting task of recruiting such a large and important area.

"I'm appreciative of the opportunity," Martin said. "In my first year there, for [Coach Kiffin] to feel like he can trust me to do that, it's an honor for me and I want to represent the University of Southern California well. I want to do a great job and hit the road with that attitude to bring in some great players."

Martin has already written one success story, as he was involved in the recruitment of recent wide receiver commitment Eldridge Massington (Mesquite, Tex./West Mesquite). But it's in that all-important Southeast region where Martin has the potential to make the biggest impact.

He understands that he's just one part of an already strong team with ties to the area. In addition to Monte Kiffin's success in Tampa, Lane Kiffin recruited the area during his year at Tennessee, Ed Orgeron has extensive ties from his time with Miami Hurricanes, Mississippi and Tennessee, and Clay Helton spent 10 years coaching at Memphis. Martin said he's found no issues getting back into the Southeast.

"USC has always gotten respect in the Southeast," Martin said. "A lot of people remember the story with Alabama (in 1970) and they know what that means to college football. They see that USC has so much success in California, and when they see that, they're excited that we would come all the way from California to recruit them. I think there is a lot of respect there, with the credibility of the name."

The Trojans haven't been shy about extending offers in that region this year. At least seven recruits in the state of Georgia already hold USC offers, which is almost as many as California recruits possess. It's easy to make a splash by handing out offers to the Southeast standouts, but with so many top programs in close proximity, recruiting them quickly becomes something of a balancing act.

"We have to be smart with the time we use on guys who are longshots," Martin said. "At some point you realize guys aren't going to come, so you can't spend too much time and come back with nothing."

Defensive tackle Montravius Adams (Vienna, Ga./Cooly County), cornerbacks Vernon Hargreaves III (Tampa/Wharton) and Mackensie Alexander (Immokalee, Fla./Immokalee), wide receiver Travis Johnson (Tampa/Jesuit), offensive tackle Christian Morris (Memphis/East) and linebackers Reuben Foster (Auburn, Ala./Auburn) and Trey Johnson (Lawrenceville, Ga./Central Gwinnett) are all southern recruits who have expressed varying degrees of interest in USC.

Martin said early recognition of the recruits who are genuinely interested in making the trek across the country for school is very important. But he added that getting out in front of the distance factor ranks high on his to-do list.

"One of the challenges we face in the area is the perception of the distance," Martin said. "You pass a lot of schools to get there and they have a lot of options, but today we have airplanes. Kids are realizing there is a service straight from Atlanta to Los Angeles and it's not very expensive to get out there. We show them they can come out."

And getting them on campus for a visit, according to Martin, is half the battle.

"They have a new perception of it after the visit and a different feel for USC than they thought coming into it. Word is getting around down south how well of a job Kiffin is doing with the USC program and that it's a fun place to play," Martin said. "We think that if these kids come out and see us in the summer or see us at some point, we're going to get a majority of them.

Source:
 6 years ago '10        #930
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
2011 overall record: 10-2
2011 conference record: 7-2 (1st, South)
Returning starters: Offense: 9; defense: 8; kicker/punter: 2

Top returners
QB Matt Barkley, S T.J. McDonald, OL Khaled Holmes, WR Robert Woods, WR Marqise Lee, RB Curtis McNeal, DL Devon Kennard, DL Wes Horton, CB Nickell Robey, LB Dion Bailey, LB Hayes Pullard, K Andre Heidari

Key losses
OL Matt Kalil, DL Nick Perry, FB Rhett Ellison, DL DaJohn Harris, DL Christian Tupou, LB Chris Galippo, RB Marc Tyler, WR Brandon Carswell, LS Chris Pousson

2011 statistical leaders (*returners)
Rushing: Curtis McNeal* (1,005 yards)
Passing: Matt Barkley* (3,528 yards)
Receiving: Robert Woods* (1,292 yards)
Tackles: Dion Bailey*, Hayes Pullard* (81)
Sacks: Nick Perry (9.5)
Interceptions: T.J. McDonald* (3)

2012 Schedule
Sept. 1 Hawaii
Sept. 8 at Syracuse (MetLife Stadium)
Sept. 15 at Stanford
Sept. 22 California
Oct. 4 at Utah
Oct. 13 at Washington
Oct. 20 Colorado
Oct. 27 at Arizona
Nov. 3 Oregon
Nov. 10 Arizona State
Nov. 17 at UCLA
Nov. 24 Notre Dame

1. Marqise Lee is ready for prime time: It’s no secret that Lee is a talented player who put together a terrific freshman season, but he took that performance to an even higher level this spring when he was the best player on the field for the Trojans. We’re seeing a rare athlete in Lee, one whose acrobatic style is being compared to Lynn Swann.

2. The USC defense is worthy of mention: There is so much attention paid to Matt Barkley and his offensive weapons -- and deservedly so -- but this spring was a reminder that the Trojans defense is going to be pretty good too. The back seven will be a strength, as the starters return intact plus there is a nice supply of talented depth.

3. The future of the USC quarterback spot is in good hands: Spring was an extended audition for Max Wittek and Cody Kessler, as Barkley was limited in his reps. Both players had their moments as they look to settle into the No. 2 role and the inside track to be Barkley’s heir apparent. The Trojans also got a verbal commitment from Max Browne (No. 2 rated pocket passer in ESPN 150), who will enroll next spring.

Fall questions

1. Interior of the D-line: One of the keys of spring was replacing two senior starters from the middle of the line. George Uko stepped in at defensive tackle and had flashes of real solid play. After Uko, however, things are not so clear. There is no established backup for him and no set starter at nose tackle, as J.R. Tavai and Antwaun Woods continue to battle for the job.

2. Lack of depth at tailback: The Trojans have a returning 1,000-yard rusher in Curtis McNeal but not a lot of experience behind him. D.J. Morgan had 42 carries in 2011, Buck Allen redshirted last season and Nelson Agholor has yet to join the team. That’s the extent of the playing time for the 2012 USC reserve tailbacks.

3. Protecting the blind side: There wasn’t a ton of worry last year about left tackle with Matt Kalil but replacing him has not been easy. Kevin Graf got the first look, but then the coaches moved Aundrey Walker into the spot. Lane Kiffin said Walker was not consistent but he showed enough with the potential of the size benefits he brings that he will stay as the starter heading into fall camp.
 6 years ago '10        #931
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 usc said:
whats good scar! And thanks for the insider info man thats dope.

Who would have thought we would ever have a rb situation :lachen001: Truth be told kiffin took a lot of pressure off our rb's with all the screens he ran basically long hand offs. I expect a lot more of that. I was hearing that na will get some plays as at rb as well. I just hope woods can stay healthy, i mean we have depth their but having a woods just puts in another echelon. I'm more interested to see what are d will look like.

Rather not even talk bball. Fire ko

i want this rb so bad.
we got emmmmmmm

Ty Isaac COMMITS!!!!!

Last edited by USC; 05-15-2012 at 11:31 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #932
bouncer900 
space
space
 6 years ago '10        #933
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
This week, another of the nation's top backs, Justin Davis, is slated to make a college choice and USC is the front runner. Isaac says that won't affect Davis and it won't affect him.
"We've spoken and it's all good. You've got one goal in mind. I'm coming to do my thing, he's coming to do his thing and we're going to push each other to be better. I think, you look everywhere and they're running two backs in every system. Obviously we both welcome the competition, and we're looking forward to doing some big things in the offense."
Come on down
 6 years ago '04        #934
bouncer900 
space
space
this 2013 class so far

EARLY playing time will be available @ RB next year so hopefully that will get Davis in
 6 years ago '10        #935
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
LOS ANGELES – The cornerback position is one of the deepest groups on the field for the Trojans this spring, including a returning third-year starter on one side in junior Nickell Robey.

The starting spot opposite Robey is currently manned by senior Isiah Wiley, a junior college transfer last fall who ended up starting the final six games of the season for the Trojans after injuries to previous starters Torin Harris (shoulder) and Anthony Brown (ankle).

It was a quick introduction to big-time college football for the former Arizona Western College star. Wiley had originally been scheduled to enroll at USC in spring of 2011, but academic issues delayed his arrival until the fall. Once he got to USC, Wiley had to learn a new defensive system and adjust to a different level of play in a matter of weeks before he was completely ready to see the field.

“Game speed was the toughest transition,” Wiley said. “The athletes at this level are so much better and everyone is moving at full speed. Also, learning the terminology of the defense. It wasn’t overly hard, it just took me a little while.

“Nickell (Robey) really helped me get settled in. Both of us being from the south, we got together and he helped me with my footwork and learning all the plays. Now I love playing in this defense. It’s an NFL-style defense and it’s perfect for me.”

Wiley (6-foot, 180 pounds) sat out the first two games of the season against Minnesota and Utah but played in all ten games after that and ended the year with 39 tackles, two tackles for loss (including a sack), four pass deflections and a fumble recovery.

His top statistical performance was an 11-tackle performance against Stanford, but it was a different game which offered his top memory of the season.

“My favorite play was the Notre Dame game when they fumbled the ball near the goal line,” Wiley said. “I hit it and Jawanza [Starling] ended up picking it up and taking it to the house.”

Once the season was over, Wiley, a sociology major, was allowed more time to adjust to life as a USC student without the demands of the season, and he says that has allowed him to get better acclimated to campus.

“Things happened so fast in the fall,” Wiley said. “This off-season was definitely a time for me to get more adjusted to school and focus on weight training.”

Now that spring ball has started, Wiley is having to adjust once again, this time to a new position coach in Marvin Sanders. Gone is graduate a.ssistant Sammy Knight, who had stepped into the defensive backs coach role after Willie Mack Garza departed just days before the season opener. Sanders brings no pre-conceived opinions about who should play or who has done what in the past. The players are starting with a clean slate with their new coach, which Wiley says only increases the competition.

“Coach Sanders is very intense,” Wiley said. “He wants us to compete every play, every down. He wants everybody to earn their playing time, no matter if you’ve been a three-year starter or a new guy.”

Wiley knows there is plenty of competition for his job -- Brown is back on the field this spring and Harris will return in the fall -- so he is looking to advance his game to another level this year.

“I want to focus on improving my play-making ability,” Wiley said. “I want to make plays -- interceptions, big hits, anything. Our position group is deep. We’ve got a lot of good players at corner. You could put any one of us out there at any given time and you’re going to get the same effort. I think we’re going to do some good things.”
 6 years ago '04        #936
bouncer900 
space
space
Wiley

Why he hasn't been named a starter going into this season is beyond me

seeing Torin Harris listed as OR on the depth chart got me like
 6 years ago '04        #937
bouncer900 
space
space
Justin Davis commits
 6 years ago '10        #938
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Tight end J.T. Kerr, who spent the past three seasons at Nebraska, has transferred to USC. Kerr is also expected to try fullback for the Trojans.

Another walk on, says a lot dudes will pay to play here.

If we can keep getting 3* 2* star quality athletes to walk on it will make the scholly issue null until we come off probation.
 6 years ago '10        #939
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Incoming freshmen offensive lineman Max Tuerk and tight end Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick checked into USC today. They are the first members of the freshmen class to arrive.
 6 years ago '10        #940
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Here is a quote from tailback Justin Davis

``They really made me feel like they needed me to continue their legacy," Davis said to USCFootball.com. ``They made me feel like they've got to have me. I've been impressed with their academic programs and the degree they offer also.''
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy