Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
73 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
133 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 03-26-2012, 09:26 PM         #861
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

There's something about Cody.

That's a common refrain around USC these days, with everyone eager to debate the next great Trojans' football question: Who wins the backup job to Matt Barkley and automatically becomes Lane Kiffin's quarterback of the future?

[pic - click to view]

Redshirt freshman Max Wittek, Cody Kessler's prime competition for the backup QB job, is more of a tall, traditional, dropback passer.
It has settled into a two-way springtime duel between redshirt freshmen Max Wittek and Cody Kessler.

Wittek has the size (6-4, 225 pounds to 6-1, 210) and arm advantage. Kessler? Well, he has, uh ... something.

Exactly what that something is remains difficult to define. Some call it "presence." Others say it is his "command of the huddle." Then there are those who simply call him "a gamer."

The more one watches, the more one sees what they mean. There is a certain intangible about Kessler. Call it a swagger mixed with a strong dose of confidence that becomes evident in a scrimmage, or a semi-scrimmage situation, like the one this past Saturday.

If you watch Wittek and Kessler simply throw spirals, it's no contest. Wittek has more velocity and strength. But if you observe them once the contact starts, Kessler seems more self-assured and consistent with his decision-making. He also seems to have a slight edge in accuracy.

Wittek makes throws. Kessler makes plays. Maybe that's the best way to sum it up so far.

It is still too early for Kiffin to make any kind of decision, but after having viewed and interviewed both candidates, I can only say that each of these kids has the kind of attitude coaches love.

"Pressure? Sure, there is pressure involved, but you can't stress out about it," Kessler said. "You can't listen to people who say he does this better than you. You've just got to come out and do what you do best. If you spend all your time worrying about what other people do, you can't do your job."

Kessler has been doing his job just fine since he took over as the starting quarterback his sophomore year at Centennial High School in Bakersfield, Calif. As a senior, he threw 36 touchdown passes with just two -- that's right, two -- interceptions. He was also the Bakersfield Area Player of the Year in basketball, so he's definitely athletic enough.

Still, it is a huge jump from Bakersfield to the L.A. Coliseum, from hot summer nights playing before a few hundred people in Kern County to cool fall evenings in front of national TV cameras and 90,000 screaming fans.

Kessler got a hint of what it would be like a year ago when he was named the backup to Barkley, knowing that he was just one play, or injury, away from being thrown into the cauldron known as major college football.

The fact that it never happened saved him another year of eligibility, and although he calls Barkley's surprise decision to return for his senior year "bittersweet," he adds that he is fine with it.

"We all want our opportunity to play," he said, "but our time will come. In the meantime, I'll try to learn all I can from Matt. I just want to keep making progress, keep getting better and better."

He already senses a huge difference from a year ago.

"I don't have to learn the playbook like I did then," he said. "I know it now. When I go in now, I can just read the defense. I can concentrate on that."

The comparisons with Wittek are inevitable. But like Wittek, Kessler understands the situation.

"We're competing, but it's great fun, and we're friends and hang out together off the field," Kessler said. "We both look at it the same way. We know we're competing, but at the same time, we're both trying to improve."

Ask him what he thinks his strengths are, and Kessler grins and rubs the top of his closely-cropped hair.

"I guess being a strong leader and being able to throw on the run," he said.

Then he brings up a movie. No, Ben Stiller and Cameron Diaz can relax. It's not "There's Something About Mary." It is "The Replacements."

"There is a line in that movie I really love," he said. "It is 'Winners want the ball in their hands.' I like to think that's the kind of player I'll be. One that wants the ball in his hands."

The more one talks to Kessler and Wittek, the more one comes to the same conclusion.

Whoever wins this duel of theirs, USC's future will be in very good hands.

Source:

Last edited by -Scar-; 03-26-2012 at 09:29 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #862
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,494 | Props total: 9785 9785
 -Scar- said:
6'3", 280 pounds isn't exactly undersized. coming out of high school. He plays strongside DE actually which he outclasses everybody at his position. Aren't too many top DTs bigger than him either.
Michael Hill comes to mind, also Montravious Adams as far as bigger.

[video - click to view]

He has an offer, we'll have to wait it out. I've been hearing Bigelow is coming in to play DT, he does have the agility and speed to play end and probably is better there.

Hearing Sua is a strong Trojan lean as well.
 03-26-2012, 09:32 PM         #863
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

03-26-2012, 09:40 PM         #864
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Four-star running back Ty Isaac of Joliet (Ill.) Catholic has made visits to several schools in recent weeks. This past weekend the 6-3, 215-pound prospect made the flight to Southern California to visit USC.

Isaac arrived in California on Thursday and did not fly out until Sunday night, so he had plenty of time to experience all the university and surrounding area had to offer.

Ty Isaac spent four days in Southern California visiting USC
"There were really no set expectations, it was just a good visit," Isaac said. "It was nothing that I wasn't expecting. I got to see things and talk to coaches."

Each of the USC coaches spent an equal time with Isaac, according to the four-star prospect. He also had the opportunity to chat with current Trojans about being a student-athlete at USC.

"I just talked with a lot of guys and we got to hang out for a decent amount of time," he said. "For the most part, I was getting the same thing about the program - it is a good place to be, good coaches, good atmosphere."

This was not Isaac's first visit to the Southern California area, and he has an uncle who lives in the area.

"We hung out with him a couple days while we were out there," Isaac noted. "If it came to it, it would be nice to have somebody out there, but at the end of the day I am comfortable out there. That's never been an issue. You can get homesick being 30 minutes away, so that's not really a factor in the decision."

One factor that Isaac has maintained will be important to his decision is the style of offense played at particular schools, and he found USC's offensive scheme to his liking.

"It's the pro-style that I want to play in and they do a lot of things with it," Isaac said. "For the most part it stayed consistent no matter who was there."

The Chicago area native also noted that the weather in Southern California was a definite plus when evaluating the school.

"There were no complaints," he said. "You can't really go wrong with the weather out there."

Accompanying Isaac on the trip to USC was his father, who was evaluating many of the same aspects of the university and football program as his son.

"I think we were both out there just kind of seeing what was what," Isaac said. "They went through it really thoroughly, so any questions we would have had were taken care of right away."

Among the schools that Isaac has taken visits to recently are Auburn, Michigan and Notre Dame. He does not have any other trips planned in the near future, nor a set timetable for his decision.

"Right now I am just kind of taking my time and whenever I feel it is right I am going to do what I have to do," Isaac said. "But right now I am not necessarily feeling like that. I'm just going to chill out for awhile.

"As far as top schools, I have some ones that have definitely established themselves, but that does not mean I am going to close anybody out."

Isaac was not ready to divulge the specific schools that have already established themselves, but did add, "They know who they are."

Source:
 03-26-2012, 09:53 PM         #865
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 USC said:
Michael Hill comes to mind, also Montravious Adams as far as bigger.

He has an offer, we'll have to wait it out. I've been hearing Bigelow is coming in to play DT, he does have the agility and speed to play end and probably is better there.

Hearing Sua is a strong Trojan lean as well.

Compared to the top 3 D-line prospects at any position he isn't giving up much. Since Monte's Tampa 2 defense is a 4-3 alignment, moving him over to a DT wouldn't affect him too much whereas being in a 3-4 you obviously wanna go big as possible for the sake of having a wide body plug the middle while not getting many sacks or tackles but giving the edge rushers more room to work. We won't be needing that since that isn't our style defense. We need more athletic guys in the trenches.

Typically, the [Tampa 2] players don't have the prototypical size of other NFL defenders. Instead, stress is put on speed, smarts and flawless tackling. A quick defensive line is a must, but the middle linebacker position is the straw that stirs the drink.
This is where I got a good feeling about this kid Scott Starr.

Last edited by -Scar-; 03-26-2012 at 09:56 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #866
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 -Scar- said:

Compared to the top 3 D-line prospects at any position he isn't giving up much. Since Monte's Tampa 2 defense is a 4-3 alignment, moving him over to a DT wouldn't affect him too much whereas being in a 3-4 you obviously wanna go big as possible for the sake of having a wide body plug the middle while not getting many sacks or tackles but giving the edge rushers more room to work. We won't be needing that since that isn't our style defense. We need more athletic guys in the trenches.

This is where I got a good feeling about this kid Scott Starr.
That makes sense but against big O-Lines

One more pass rushing DT with some size would be nice not like a 3/4 plug but a tackle with size and can move. All of our tackles look light in the a.ss outside of Woods and hes basically that 3/4 type. Our D line last year did ok but didn't get pressure on QB's in a lot of games. Starr has some potential but I want to see Lamar earn that 55 this year. He did his thing when they benched Galippo last season

Last edited by USC; 03-26-2012 at 10:32 PM..
 03-26-2012, 10:59 PM         #867
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Obviously we'd like to have size for big O-lines but Stanford is the only team on the schedule that specializes in a supersized O-line. We'll be fine. We need speed and athleticism to win our conference more than ever this year given the various offenses we'll have to face. If we survive our conference, I'm sure our defense will be able to handle whatever we face come bowl season.

Last edited by -Scar-; 03-26-2012 at 11:01 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #868
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,010 | Props total: 85 85
 USC said:
That makes sense but against big O-Lines

One more pass rushing DT with some size would be nice not like a 3/4 plug but a tackle with size and can move. All of our tackles look light in the a.ss outside of Woods and hes basically that 3/4 type. Our D line last year did ok but didn't get pressure on QB's in a lot of games. Starr has some potential but I want to see Lamar earn that 55 this year. He did his thing when they benched Galippo last season
Once he Improves his tackling, I expect big things from Lamar.

Also rooting for Antwaun Woods heard hes a powerhouse .

Townsend rotating between DE and DT should be good.
 6 years ago '10        #869
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Apparently we offered Torrodney Prevot, def a speed rusher. Only video I could find of him.

[video - click to view]

looks like a stud
 6 years ago '04        #870
bouncer900 
space
space
6'4 220 .... middle LB maybe his size is similar to Starr's

His Highlights

Last edited by bouncer900; 03-28-2012 at 09:08 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #871
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
Shiiiiit I'll keep his a.ss at DE, use him the same way LSU uses that end who looks like a Safety. Mingo I think his name is.
 6 years ago '04        #872
bouncer900 
space
space
video of some drills

[video - click to view]

Starr needs work on his tackling ......Anthony Sarao looks like hes gonna be a beast
 6 years ago '10        #873
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 bouncer900 said:
video of some drills

Starr needs work on his tackling ......Anthony Sarao looks like hes gonna be a beast
Is he doing the ole out there

Yeah judging from that video, he's got some serious work to do.
 6 years ago '04        #874
bouncer900 
space
space
Nico Falah got an offer today

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #875
bouncer900 
space
space

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #876
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space

[video - click to view]

Commits, :applause::dancingcool:
 6 years ago '10        #877
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
We own RCHS. Goodman next.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by USC; 04-01-2012 at 06:51 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #878
bouncer900 
space
space
:applause:
 6 years ago '10        #880
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space

[video - click to view]

Announcing on Wednesday, Greg Biggins of scout says it would be a BIG surprise if he doesn't choose SC
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
48 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
159 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy