The Official USC Trojans Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #741
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
 P. Dedos said:
ROY WILLIAMS PART 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mark it down!
the good one or the bad one?
 9 years ago '04        #742
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,528 | Props total: 3483 3483
 HenryTheMenace said:
Mays aint no first rounder, hush...Dude is nice but fu*king overrated
Cushing will not be a first rounder either? Take USC's d*ck out your mouth...
Clay Matthews>>>Cushing....
@ this f*g**t

@ this n*gga thinkin mays aint a 1st rounder if he came out right now

do ur homework n*gga, if he leaves he's the 1st safety off the board

this n*gga keeps goin on & on about him not bein able to cover, if u watched the games u would see there is nothin he cant do on the field, stop judging him by the numbers, the scheme they play at usc doesnt allow him to put up big numbers

Taylor Mays S 6’3 230 USC Jr.

Strengths

You could not draw up a better safety prospect than Taylor Mays. He has fantastic size, at a chiseled 6’3 230lbs, but combines that with fantastic speed and athleticism. It is not all just in workouts that Mays stands out. He displays all those gifts on the field as well.

His role at USC has been to patrol deep coverage and be the last line of defense. That has limited his ability to produce eye popping stats, and limits his opportunities near the line of scrimmage. He is physical and will lay offensive players out on the field. With his strength and speed, he packs a punch when he hits receivers. Mays has shown the athleticism to match up in coverage with players, and the speed to cover a lot of ground when he has to pursue. There isn’t anything on the field he cannot do.

Weaknesses

Mays has missed a fair amount of tackles, which shouldn’t happen considering his size. The problem appears to be that he tries to knock people out instead of trying to wrap up. He will have to work on that tendency in the NFL, because it will be a major problem in the league. While his role doesn’t allow him to fly around the field with reckless abandon, you would like to see more playmaking numbers from Mays as well.

Future

With all the talent on the USC defense, Mays may actually be limited on the field because he doesn’t get to fly around the field making plays. He draws criticism because his numbers pale in comparison to other top prospects, but it is not because he cannot do them. As a junior this year though, you do want to see him take advantage of more opportunities and make some more plays. If Mays continues to improve and declares for the draft, he is a player that could be drafted extremely high.

little n*gga dont speak on sh*t u dont know about, ur whole opinion is bullsh*t and based on hate, keep it movin f*g**t....
 9 years ago '04        #743
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
now we have some of these so called usc fans talkin stupid

ellison gets to make more plays because he plays closer to the line, carroll and holt run a soft cover 3 were the FS plays deep center field with an emphasis on not givin up the big play, ellison plays way closer to the action and gets to make way more plays, when have u ever seen an opponent throw deep down the center of the field on usc, u havent because mays is playin his position, u saw cal tried to do it a little and almost got some WRs k!lled....
 11-11-2008, 01:14 PM         #744
Everest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ellison has more coverage skills than mays whether mays is allowed to showcase them or not go to a practice before u type up ur scouting reports......mays is a first rounder I see ellison going in the 2nd
 9 years ago '04        #745
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
 Everest said:
Ellison has more coverage skills than mays whether mays is allowed to showcase them or not go to a practice before u type up ur scouting reports......mays is a first rounder I see ellison going in the 2nd
n*gga shut the fu*k up, u need directions to jones field because ur the one that needs to attend practice, durin those practices they run the same D they run durin the games, mays always plays the deep center of the field

lol @ this n*gga actin like they play man to man in practice then play zone on saturday....
 9 years ago '07        #746
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
I'd go if I were him . Theres no reason not to.

Honestly, to dead that other sh*t, Mays and Ellison will both probably have good NFL careers.
 11-11-2008, 01:56 PM         #747
Everest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They don't run man to man in practice but they run man to man drills because in zone coverage skills are still needed.......so next time u feel the need of typing a novel to get ur point across watch a practice or something instead of reading sh*t the "experts" say

Lol @ me needing directions when I attend the damn school......shutup
 9 years ago '04        #748
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
 Everest said:
They don't run man to man in practice but they run man to man drills because in zone coverage skills are still needed.......so next time u feel the need of typing a novel to get ur point across watch a practice or something instead of reading sh*t the "experts" say

Lol @ me needing directions when I attend the damn school......shutup
lol @ this n*gga basin everythin on a drill he supposedly saw, yeah n*gga i really believe

what else did u see at this practice u supposedly attended, did u see stafon look like sh*t in practice even tho he is arguable the best rb on the team right now, did u see rey get flattened by green guess he aint physical and cant hit, did u see mcknight run back multiple punt returns guess he should retake that role even tho he cant hang on to the ball in the game when he really counts

what day of the week did u see corners and safeties run man to man drills?
 11-11-2008, 04:10 PM         #749
Everest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Scrimmmage at the colliseum.....offseason practices....I've been to multiple practices and they run man to man drills.....what evidence gives u the reason to believe mays has better coverage skills than ellison....I've told you mine, what's yours? Mays can hit harder and is overwhelmingly physicallly imposing....that's all the nfl scouts mention....skeptics are even comparing him to bing-I'm not. He's nice but ellison can cover better...
 11-11-2008, 05:06 PM         #750
djsmellie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A simba yall still some bi*chs.

Also

Chris Horton > Mays

Ask a redskin fan

Last edited by djsmellie; 11-11-2008 at 05:08 PM..
 11-11-2008, 05:07 PM         #751
Everest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 =Scar= said:
all i ever said was he's a headhunter...which makes him deadly regardless....i aint in cali no more so i dont get to see the practices but what i seen on every gameday is him taking heads off...coverage skills? maybe you raise a good point but if i chose one im taking mays becuse he's a classic safety of ours in the fashion of ronnie lott or troy polamalu....big hitter...and i still feel he can play coverage with the best...but being on such a talented D hurts him as much an\s anything else....

I'm still putting my money on him going in the first and ahead of ellison....

:cool:
yessir.....everything u said was on point....i never said Ellison was better than Mays...to me Mays is better....i already said Mays would go higher than Ellison....never said Mays has bad coverage skills just said Ellison has better.....only thing we disagree on is i think Ellison MAY be better in the league
 11-11-2008, 05:10 PM         #752
djsmellie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Yup

You know damn well I was gonna say sh*t until basketball season

Last edited by djsmellie; 11-11-2008 at 05:11 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #753
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
 Everest said:
Scrimmmage at the colliseum.....offseason practices....I've been to multiple practices and they run man to man drills.....what evidence gives u the reason to believe mays has better coverage skills than ellison....I've told you mine, what's yours? Mays can hit harder and is overwhelmingly physicallly imposing....that's all the nfl scouts mention....skeptics are even comparing him to bing-I'm not. He's nice but ellison can cover better...
when did i ever say who was better in coverage?

u cant determine whos better because neither is asked to cover man to man, mays does what he is asked to do and does it well because he is rarely challenged, just because u dont see him runnin all over the field snatchin ints doesnt mean he cant cover, thats just not whats asked of him....
 11-11-2008, 05:21 PM         #754
djsmellie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Simba do you think if Kevin didnt get hurt Mays would still be doing what he's doing

My thought was Kevin was always the better of the 2

Both are extremely gifted

after watching Mays playing I see him as the man Now

even when Kevin comes back
 9 years ago '05        #755
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,049 | Props total: 6947 6947
 =Scar= said:
im gonna have to say i was always i bigger fan of mays so yes.....at some point or another it was gonna have to come to the fore front in my mind....
Mays been left...got him on madden 09...probowlin as a rookie
 9 years ago '07        #756
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
blowout
 9 years ago '05        #757
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
 thehogue... said:
blowout
exactly.. nothing to talk up
 11-11-2008, 06:55 PM         #758
djsmellie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:
Mays been left...got him on madden 09...probowlin as a rookie

this n*gga junior is in the future
 9 years ago '04        #759
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,311 | Props total: 11347 11347
Eric Berry only a soph and he better.
 9 years ago '06        #760
daffysm 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 2053 2053
didnt know dude was 230 :wow:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy