most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10-13-2007, 08:51 AM         #381
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thabigo said:
Its hard to impress when youre riding the bench like Sanchez has for the past couple years. But Turner on the other hand has been beyond disappointing. He has worse hands than Kwame Brown. He has all the 'tools' to become a very good WR but the guy cant hold onto to a ball, he's made very little impact since his arrivial
yeah I almost feel bad for Mark in a way, but not too much because he accepted the competition for starting at USC. But....

yeah, Pat Turner and Chauncey Washington are expendable. Pete is too damn loyal to seniors getting playing time because really we should be running with our strong suit. those two guys aren't fit to be 1st string. I mean we could do without Herschel Dennis too.

Maybe Emmanuel Moody had the right idea.
 10 years ago '04        #382
thabigo 
space
space
$8,099 | Props total: 111 111
Also injuries have hit SC HARD this year and for the past couple of seasons. Pete needs to chill on the practice field or get some better trainers in the mix.

And like I said, I HATE the offensive system right now. Its all bootlegs and runs. There's no downfield passing and creativity in the playcalling

10-10 half against AZ SMH
 10-13-2007, 08:56 PM         #383
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thabigo said:
Also injuries have hit SC HARD this year and for the past couple of seasons. Pete needs to chill on the practice field or get some better trainers in the mix.

And like I said, I HATE the offensive system right now. Its all bootlegs and runs. There's no downfield passing and creativity in the playcalling

10-10 half against AZ SMH

I know, thank god Joe had a breakout game today.....Sanchez just isnt gonna be able to do it......I wish we could put Mustain in.....next year could be REAL good.....I heard he's been looking good in practices
 10 years ago '04        #384
thabigo 
space
space
Mustain is a gunslinger. He showed that early last year in AK.

LSU went down and believe it or not SC could still get into the big game if a couple more schools go down. However, SC needs to take care of business in the PAC-10. They've played sub-par except for 3 quarters in Nebraska and they have the hardest part of the schedule coming up.

Joe looked good today but he needs to get away from Turner like the plague. I think Turner's butterfingers are starting to rub off on Joe

Last edited by thabigo; 10-13-2007 at 09:54 PM..
 10-13-2007, 10:01 PM         #385
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thabigo said:
Mustain is a gunslinger. He showed that early last year in AK.

LSU went down and believe it or not SC could still get into the big game if a couple more schools go down. However, SC needs to take care of business in the PAC-10. They've played sub-par except for 3 quarters in Nebraska and they have the hardest part of the schedule coming up.

Joe looked good today but he needs to get away from Turner like the plague. I think Turner's butterfingers are starting to rub off on Joe
yeah but at least joe is a freshman so we can work with that......no excuses for seniors........
 10-15-2007, 10:00 PM         #386
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Floyd puts focus on defense

Coach shifts gears after concentrating on offense before team's trip to Mexico in September.

By Ben Bolch, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
October 15, 2007

USC Coach Tim Floyd said he has emphasized defense during the Trojans' first couple of practices because he had focused on offense in the 10 days of preparation for the team's Labor Day trip to Mazatlan, Mexico, to play a Mexican professional team.

"We had 16 offensive practices during the summer, and now we're going to try to build the defense," Floyd said.

Are the Trojans further ahead because of their early practices?

"Probably offensively and in terms of organization and ability to listen," Floyd said.

Freshman guard Marcus Simmons turned an ankle Saturday night and was held out of practice Sunday. Floyd said there was no immediate timetable for Simmons' return. "He can't put any pressure on it right now, so I don't know," Floyd said. . . . Rob Brooks, who was the head team manager the last two seasons, has left to become a.ssociate head coach at Stoneridge Prep in Simi Valley.

USC BASKETBALL REPORT
Diarra is trying to have skills catch up with height
Although 21, the freshman center from Mali by way of Simi Valley is a work in progress on the court.
October 15, 2007
Mamadou Diarra reached 7 feet several months ago, officially making him the tallest player on the USC men's basketball team.

When it comes to the freshman center's fledgling skills, there's still plenty of room for growth. Even though Diarra scored a game-high 18 points to lead the Cardinal to a 78-51 victory over the White on Friday night in a scrimmage at the Galen Center, he didn't exactly face a stout defense.

Most of Diarra's points came on uncontested dunks, which will be a rare occurrence against the likes of UCLA's Kevin Love and Stanford's Brook and Robin Lopez.

"One day, it will happen for him," USC Coach Tim Floyd said of Diarra. "I don't know when. He's got a lot of God-given ability in terms of the ability to run, jump, block shots. He's just learning how to play the game right now."

Indeed, Diarra said the transition from playing at Simi Valley Stoneridge Prep to practicing at USC has been overwhelming at times.

"It's not like high school anymore," he said. "You have to do everything right."

Diarra has faced an even more daunting challenge in the classroom. The native of Mali, a West African country of nearly 12 million, didn't speak much English before enrolling at USC.

"At the beginning" it was tough, said Diarra, who speaks fluent French and Bambara, the language of his native country, "but now I understand most of it. I have a lot of tutoring."

Diarra's teammates said they have no trouble communicating with the center, who has already demonstrated proficiency on the defensive end of the court.

Diarra spent his first 17 years in Mali before moving to France for nearly three years and then enrolling at Stoneridge, where he spent his junior and senior years of high school. At 21, Diarra is the second-oldest Trojan, trailing only the 22-year-old Taj Gibson.

10 years ago '06        #387
knaps 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0
the hell happened to Ray ?
 10-16-2007, 04:11 PM         #388
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
USC REPORT
USC's b00ty to try throwing with a glove

[pic - click to view]

Quarterback will don a receivers glove in an effort to protect broken finger.
By Gary Klein, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
October 16, 2007

USC quarterback John David b00ty could become the gloved one today in an effort to possibly regain his starting position for Saturday's game against Notre Dame.

b00ty sat out the Trojans' 20-13 victory over Arizona because of a broken middle finger on his throwing hand and watched sophomore Mark Sanchez overcome a rough first half to lead the Trojans to victory.

b00ty did not throw any balls Monday, but said he would probably don a receivers glove today to cushion his finger when he throws passes for the first time since last week.

"If I can throw I'm going to play, that's where I am," b00ty said. "That's where I have to be. Obviously, it's coach's decision, not mine, but I'm going to come out here and if I can throw and be effective, I want to play."

Coach Pete Carroll reiterated that Sanchez would enter today's practice as the projected starter.

"It's Mark's day," Carroll said. "Mark's on it and then we'll see what happens with John. That's the best way, the only way, I know how to do this right now. And we'll just take the information in as we get it."

After the Arizona victory, Sanchez credited b00ty for helping and encouraging him between series. b00ty said he offered Sanchez advice about managing the huddle, motivating linemen and shaking off turnovers.

But he acknowledged, "It just about drove me crazy sitting over there on the sideline."

b00ty said he had seen New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisbergerwear gloves on their throwing hands in cold weather. b00ty said he would have to adjust to the glove's stickiness.

"You wonder sometimes how a receiver ever drops a ball," he said.

Linebacker Rey Maualuga is probably out and linebacker Brian Cushing could finally be in the lineup against Notre Dame.

Maualuga was scheduled to have an MRI exam on his injured hip Monday night. School officials list the injury as a hip pointer, but Maualuga scoffed at that characterization, saying he heard a pop when he was injured and that he knew his body best.

Asked if he could play Saturday, Maualuga said, "I can't jog without it being painful so I don't know. Hopefully [today] it will all change."

Cushing practiced for the first time in weeks and said his heavily taped ankle was free of pain. Carroll said Cushing could start and share time with Clay Matthews on the strong side with Thomas Williams at middle linebacker and Keith Rivers on the weak side.

USC's athletic department balanced its budget for the fifth year in a row, said Steve Lopes, senior a.ssociate athletic director.

Lopes, citing a report schools are required to file by each Oct. 15 as part of the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act of 1994, said USC reported total expenses and revenues of $76.4 million, an increase of about $11 million from the previous year. The football program generated $31.7 million in revenues on expenses of $18.7 million.

Athletic department revenue from sources such as donations and endowment income was $38.3 million, about $5 million more than the previous year, Lopes said.

Tailback Stafon Johnson (foot) did not participate in team drills, but said he would try to play Saturday. . . . Offensive tackle Sam Baker (hamstring) says he intends to play.

UP NEXT
at Notre Dame (1-6)

Saturday, 12:30 p.m., Channel 4

Damn I hope Stafon Makes it back this week even tho its looks like a negative

Last edited by -Scar-; 10-16-2007 at 04:15 PM..
 10-17-2007, 01:20 PM         #389
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

10-24-2007, 09:28 AM         #390
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Trojans better not cry uncle in Oregon

October 24 2007

Uncle Pete, this one is on you.

You're the defensive whiz, putting aside Vince Young for a moment, and this season is now riding on your ability to stop an Oregon team averaging 47 points a game.

It's your very own Karl Dorrell moment.

We've got no problem around here putting Dorrell to the test seemingly every other week, and yet you're the one who has failed two of the biggest final exams in recent memory.

You lost a national title because you couldn't corral the Texas quarterback. Then you lost a championship invite because you couldn't beat a ho-hum team coached by Dorrell.

No one, though, is really beating you up for blowing it like that because for the most part you've been pretty darn dependable.

But one more loss in this season of super expectations and you will have the same number as UCLA while sitting two games behind Dorrell in the Pac-10 standings.

Oxygen, please, for Mike Garrett.

OK, SO the USC media guide indicates Nick Holt is the Trojans' defensive coordinator. Who are you kidding?

This one is on you, Uncle Pete, and your No. 1-ranked Pac-10 defense taking on the conference's No. 1-ranked offense. You like a challenge and you've got it, and as a parting gift, just maybe a date in the Holiday Bowl.

"This might be the best offense we've seen since we've been here," you said Tuesday, "and it poses all the problems you would ever want or hate as a defensive coach."

You live for this, or so you would have us believe.

"I like the fact they got 600 yards last week," you said, "and 600 the week before that."

Anything to make your task seem tougher, the competitor that you are just busting at the chance to face the very best. But now you better deliver.

Run the table, and USC still might play for a national title, but one more Stanford and what a choke job this season will have been.

YOU'VE CERTAINLY gotten your due over the years here. How many times has it been written how good you are at making defensive adjustments? This year's defense was going to be your very best defense.

Some people believe you walk on water, and you did make quite a splash against Stanford, but if you can somehow still get USC to the big game -- no question, You the Man.

All you have to do for starters is design a defense to stop an Oregon offense averaging six yards a rush and 550 yards in total offense. You make Oregon turn the ball over, like Cal did, and maybe you win. You don't, and you lose.

For the first time in a long time, Uncle Pete, you're the one under the gun here. Do you have what it takes to outmaneuver Mike Bellotti, the guy that Garrett really wanted to hire years ago before settling for you? I know you don't need such motivation.

But you do have some explaining to do. Why does a team overloaded with the nation's top recruits and picked No. 1 when the season began go in as a three-point underdog to Bellotti's Ducks -- for the first time in a regular-season game since the 2003 opener against Auburn? You starting to slip?

It's just not right, you playing the part of David.

"People still think we're not a very good team," you said while appearing on 710, talk show host KevinKiley almost swallowing his microphone in a rush to tell you he never said that.

"Who says you're not a very good team?" Kiley said.

"People have us rated so low," is how you explained it -- like you're paying attention to the BCS computers. You starting to act like every other coach hoping to catch a break?

Come on, Uncle Pete, this is on you. You've got to have your players ready -- a shaky proposition when factoring in previous games against the likes of Washington, Stanford and Arizona.

No mistakes. You have to be in the right defense and you have to make the right decision when picking a quarterback. You know what a bad decision can do to someone.

You make the wrong decision a few months back, and right now you would be coaching in Miami, preparing for the New York Giants and doing everything possible just to win a game.

But you stayed at USC, where you really rock.

You still do -- don't you, Uncle Pete?

NOW HOW is this for Lakers' progress, and something we've never heard before? Phil Jackson quoted in The Times on Tuesday, saying of Kobe Bryant: "He's trying to make the play and [should] trust his teammates to make the plays instead of trying to be the sole playmaker out there."

THE KOBESTER got his wish, although it probably wasn't exactly what he had in mind -- but when the Lakers start the regular season, Lamar Odom will not be on the court. But instead of being in a Minnesota or Indiana uniform, he'll sit out while his shoulder mends.

IT SHOULD be quite the scene, hundreds and hundreds of folks dribbling basketballs and making their way from the Galen Center on Sunday morning beginning at 9, dribbling to the Coliseum and back.

Everyone is welcome with free admission later to the Cardinal and Gold game.

USC basketball Coach Tim Floyd, whopicked up the idea from Al McGuire years ago, would like to make it thousands and thousands dribbling to raise money for Children's Hospital of Los Angeles and the cure for pediatric cancer.

I won't be back from Oregon in time to participate, but knowing how difficult it is for Floyd to walk and talk at the same time, I'm down for $1,000 to Children's Hospital if witnesses testify Floyd dribbled the whole way without a turnover.

TODAY'S LAST word comes in e-mail from Mike Norwine:

"You are disturbed. That sounded so sincere in regards to the tragedy in So Cal, but then you are sick. Crummy baseball teams? You win a division and you're considered crummy? You get paid to be a jerk, but not to be stupid."

Thanks for agreeing I should be paid more for everything I do.

T.J. Simers can be reached at . To read previous columns by Simers, go to latimes.com/simers.
 10-26-2007, 10:17 AM         #391
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Carroll decides to start Mark Sanchez

Quarterback will make his third consecutive start after coach determines b00ty's broken right middle finger had not healed enough.By Gary Klein, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
October 26, 2007

USC quarterback Mark Sanchez played late in the game against Oregon last season, mopping up for starter John David b00ty in a convincing victory at the Coliseum.

Sanchez's role will be significantly larger Saturday when he starts for the ninth-ranked Trojans against the fifth-ranked Ducks at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore.

Ellis tackles issue head-on

The veteran defensive lineman steps up after tough loss, in words and deeds, and his play could be pivotal against Oregon.

October 26, 2007

The mood was subdued, the usual cacophony of spirited banter absent as a USC team still staggering from its shocking loss to Stanford concluded its first practice after the embarrassing defeat.

"Bring it in, bring it in tight," Coach Pete Carroll commanded, his players closing in around him.

USC BASKETBALL REPORT

Three games already sold out

Calling business 'up significantly from last year,' Trojans decline to give specific figures but say that games against Oklahoma and Stanford are close to sold out.

October 26, 2007

Season ticket sales for USC men's basketball are "up significantly from last year," when the Trojans sold about 5,000 including student seats, senior a.ssociate athletic director Steve Lopes said Thursday.

Lopes declined to provide a specific figure but said games at the 10,258-seat Galen Center against UCLA, Arizona and Kansas were sold out. Only a few tickets remain for games against Oklahoma on Nov. 29 and Stanford on March 6, Lopes said.
 10 years ago '07        #392
760 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,427 | Props total: 438 438
The game against Oregon should be dope.
 10-27-2007, 09:51 AM         #393
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The DON said:
The game against Oregon should be dope.

Yeah.....this is one of them games where I'll have to drink something to keep my cool.......

too much rides on these next few games....really from here on out.....we need alot of help in the polls so Im lookin for some upsets to happen....

p.s. I dont know how I propped you 2 days ago and you're still at 0
 10-27-2007, 05:13 PM         #394
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Once again this is why Sanchez never started and never should have.....
 10 years ago '04        #395
thabigo 
space
space
Turnovers was the story today. Couldnt take advantage when SC got some and the ones SC gave up were k!ller. Defense did all they could in the second half
 10-31-2007, 10:31 AM         #396
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Center Diarra sidelined by a hernia

Freshman could undergo surgery and miss at least five weeks or he could be redshirted.By Ben Bolch, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
October 31, 2007

Another day, another injury for the USC men's basketball team. And this one hurts the most.

Freshman center Mamadou Diarra was preliminarily diagnosed Tuesday with a hernia that could require surgery and sideline the 7-footer four to five weeks.

10-31-2007, 10:37 AM         #397
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
b00ty keeps making progress

Even though he gets hit on the hand that had broken finger, the quarterback follows up his strong practice effort on Monday with a stronger one.

October 31, 2007

Quarterback John David b00ty's broken finger survived another important test Tuesday.

b00ty, on track to start Saturday against Oregon State, was hit in the hand as he attempted to pass during practice and he dropped the ball. But the senior felt no pain afterward and completed the practice with a better overall performance than his strong showing Monday.
 11-01-2007, 11:59 AM         #398
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Two left standing for No. 1-rated ILB Etienne Sabino
Etienne Sabino has trimmed his list down to Ohio State and USC, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
Florida, North Carolina, Miami-FL, and Georgia Tech were also in the running for ESPN's No. 1-rated inside linebacker prospect.

Oh and kinda funny to see Lane Kiffin cut Mike Williams

Last edited by -Scar-; 11-01-2007 at 12:09 PM..
 11-01-2007, 05:10 PM         #399
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f!ght On SC!!!!

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by -Scar-; 11-01-2007 at 05:12 PM..
 11-03-2007, 09:34 AM         #400
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Receivers may finally be catching on

After struggling early in the season, Turner, Hazelton and Ausberry have shown improvement the last two games.

November 3, 2007

After hampering USC's offense with dropped passes and inconsistent play through the first half of the season, the Trojans' receiving corps made strides against Notre Dame and another leap against Oregon.

USC's Mayo shows grit in basketball practice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USC's Mayo shows grit in basketball practice
By MARK SAXON
The Orange County Register
Comments 0| Recommend 0

LOS ANGELES -- O.J. Mayo came down with a nasty case of tonsillitis Friday, so USC basketball coach Tim Floyd gave his prized freshman the option of missing practice.

Instead, Mayo got a couple of shots from the trainers and showed up for two practices, the first at 6 a.m. and then a 2 1/2-hour session in the early evening.

"That's what the really great ones do, the ones that really get it at the next level," Floyd said. "That showed me a lot."

Floyd was particularly grateful because he is having a hard time finding enough players to practice just a week before the 18th-ranked Trojans' season opener. He is down to seven scholarship players because of injuries.

Freshman center Mamadou Diarra will undergo surgery to repair a hernia Monday and is expected to miss five weeks or more. Sophomore guard Daniel Hackett still has his mouth wired shut because of a broken jaw and is expected to be out several more weeks.

Freshman guard Marcus Simmons and sophomore center Taj Gibson both have sprained ankles and won't practice until Monday at the earliest.

"It's tough, but the guys who have been out here are working hard and getting better," forward Keith Wilkinson said.

DIARRA SURGERY

Diarra is scheduled to undergo surgery Monday and might have to redshirt this season. He said the hernia has bothered him for as long as four years, but Floyd said he had no idea about it when he recruited him from Stoneridge Prep in Simi Valley.

"I'm sure some of that was a language barrier," Floyd said.

Diarra is from Mali.

The Trojans scrimmage Cal State Fullerton today at the Galen Center, but it is closed to the public. A year ago, Floyd said his team lost a scrimmage to Air Force, 79-41. "I left there and wanted to come up with some type of illness that would last for about four months," Floyd said. "I didn't want anything that would k!ll me." …

Floyd said Hackett has lost more than 20 pounds and is down to 4 percent body fat since he broke his jaw taking one of Mayo's elbows in September. He likely will wear a mask after the wiring is removed and could take weeks to regain his stamina

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by -Scar-; 11-03-2007 at 11:54 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy