The Official USC Trojans Thread

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 04-18-2007, 01:43 PM         #21
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Matter fact, as much as they talk about it every off season, I don't think he'll leave for nothing. Going back to the pros would be too much headache and he seems too relaxed where he at. We got open practices where people like Snoop or anybody can come check out the squad. I mean if Pete and Lendale can do a practical joke on everybody, That's a clear sign of enjoying life where you at.
 11 years ago '04        #22
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 Simba said:
Matter fact, as much as they talk about it every off season, I don't think he'll leave for nothing. Going back to the pros would be too much headache and he seems too relaxed where he at. We got open practices where people like Snoop or anybody can come check out the squad. I mean if Pete and Lendale can do a practical joke on everybody, That's a clear sign of enjoying life where you at.
i agree he'd be a fool if he left LA.... hes got it made... every 5 star recruit in the country wants to go there and he seems like he enjoys coaching college kids a lot more than NFL players

but fuk USC for beating us 2 yrs n a row (especially tha a.ss whoopin we got at home when we were # 6, but fuk it we had yall at the Colisuem had Cadillac not got hurt, that n*gga was runnin over polamalu like it wasnt nothin but fuk it we lost hopefully we'll have another home and home in about 30 years)
 04-18-2007, 03:56 PM         #23
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UknowWhatItIs said:
i agree he'd be a fool if he left LA.... hes got it made... every 5 star recruit in the country wants to go there and he seems like he enjoys coaching college kids a lot more than NFL players

but fuk USC for beating us 2 yrs n a row (especially tha a.ss whoopin we got at home when we were # 6, but fuk it we had yall at the Colisuem had Cadillac not got hurt, that n*gga was runnin over polamalu like it wasnt nothin but fuk it we lost hopefully we'll have another home and home in about 30 years)
ain't nothing wrong with that. Auburn seem to crank out them running backs lately. Something like Miami. I think it's cuz we run a pro style offense that preps our players for the league a lil better
 04-18-2007, 04:14 PM         #24
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djnovafresh said:
Yea he came a couple years after me. But everybody that played at my high school keep very close ties with the school. So everytime i'm home i go workout with them and sh*t kid is a very good and humble kid he plays just like jordan and does not give up a hard worker. Our school is rich in basketball history we always one of the top teams in Louisiana "Peabody Magnet High School"
Well he gonna go from a "Warhorse" to a Trojan Horse. haha
 11 years ago '04        #25
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
let me give you SC fans (especially you Simba) some heat from L.A...

April 18, 2007

USCFootball.com Recruiting

Related Links:
Video: Crist's final fourNIKE Lines UPPhotos: NIKE one-on-one

Talk about it in The Peristyle
Some players used this weekend's Nike Camp as an arena to be noticed and stir up a buzz about themselves.

[pic - click to view]

GM
Tyron Smith wins NIKE Camp MVP for a second-straight year

However, Tyron Smith, a super-freak offensive lineman out of Moreno Valley (Calif.) Rancho Verde, used the NIKE Camp this weekend to impose his will on his competition.

One of the most sought after players in the country, Smith is guaranteed to get a scholarship offer from every top program imaginable.

The NIKE Camp gave Smith a forum to perfect his footwork and generally dominate his peers, especially those who came to the camp looking to talk a little trash.

Smith had one reaction to those who questioned how good he was, "[Just] go against the top players that are here, [and] start calling them out, [and] if you want some come and get it," he remarked.

"My footwork got better from last year," said Smith about what gave him such an advantage over his competition. "I'll continue to work on my technique, [because] I was bad at technique last year during the season."

This improved skill, coupled with a body that will remind many USC fans of Winston Justice, is what's causing such a f!ght for Smith's letter of intent.

"I've heard from everyone, but I don't have any favorites yet," Said Smith, who hopes to be 280-pounds by the end of his senior season.

Naturally, being from Southern California, he is being heavily recruited by both USC and UCLA, but he doesn't believe locality will be an over-riding draw for him.

"I probably have a little more comfort with [USC and UCLA], but you have to take a look outside the state."

Smith explained what USC likes so much about him, saying, "[They like how] I work hard and I'm coachable. [And I'm always] working on my footwork, getting better each time and getting stronger."

"They say that I can play any offensive line position, they want me on defense too."

However, this infatuation isn't a one-way street; Smith says there are many things that draw him to USC, and this weekend he was able to learn much more about his potential suitor.

"They treat you like you're part of the team, like you already go here," He said about the camp. "They give you a good look at how they do things."

"I like their program, how [hard] they practice," Smith said. "It's how I play already."

USCFootball.com will continue to keep you updated on Tyron Smith's recruitment throughout the year.
 11 years ago '04        #26
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 17, 2007

Gerard Martinez
USCFootball.com Senior Analyst

Related Links:
Photos: NIKE StarsNIKE Lines UPCrist talks NIKE Camp

Sherman Oaks (Calif.) quarterback Dayne Crist made his final unofficial visit last week.

GM
Dayne Crist passed for 1,200 yards and 17 TDs as a junior
Logging more frequent flyer miles than he did passing yards as a junior, Crist visited UCLA, LSU, Stanford, USC and Notre Dame this spring. Leaving South Bend Friday for the Los Angeles NIKE Camp on Sunday, he was ending the recruiting process and beginning the decision making process.

This Thursday, Crist will announce his college destination.

"I've already sat down and jotted down the pros and cons of each school," said Crist. "I have that in a notebook at home, so I'll sit down with my coach, Kevin Rooney and have a decision this week."

Since January, Crist has contemplated an early end to the recruiting process. The 6-foot-5, 228-pound Rivals100 pre-evaluation selection knew that an early commitment would help subdue the media circus that could envelop his recruitment.

Crist has two trains of thought about his pending decision.

"It's exciting, but also a relief," said Crist. "It's been a great process, but it also gets hectic. To be able to formulate your final decision is big. It's going to be a difficult decision, but I'm excited about putting the last piece of the puzzle together."

The final piece to making an educated decision on a college came when Crist completed his unofficial visit to Notre Dame. On that visit, teammate and friend, Anthony McDonald, committed to the f!ghting Irish.

Crist admits that Notre Dame put together an impressive recruiting pitch for his commitment.

"I had a great time," said Crist with a big smile. "They're really competitive there and coach (Charlie) Weis is just a genius. He knows the game unbelievably well, and his players get after it.

"The team is excited and they want to get the program back on the rise. They want to sustain a dominant football program, so it was good to get out there and see what they're about."

While Crist has done his homework on academics, his Notre Dame visit focused on football.

"I wanted to see how the coaches ran things at Notre Dame, which would give me a better feel for the program," said Crist. "I see them when they play on TV or play USC, but I needed to see how they go about their business in practice and in the locker room."

Making the long flight back to Los Angeles for the NIKE Camp last weekend, Crist had plenty of time to ponder the prospects of playing college football away from home.

"You think about it a little bit, but you can't let distance stop you from going to a great school," said Crist. "Notre Dame is arguably one of the best schools in the country academically and athletically.

"The good thing about Notre Dame is that they have all their games broadcast on NBC. So even though my family may not be able to come out and see me play every game, they can still see me play on TV."

But Notre Dame is just one possible destination for Crist. Having visited USC earlier last week for spring football, California's top junior quarterback put the Trojans among his top four choices.

"USC is obviously one of my top schools right now," said Crist. "I have SC, Notre Dame, Michigan and LSU rounding out my top four.

"I wasn't surprised by anything when I came out and watched SC practice. It wasn't a new experience, but it was refreshing to see them getting after it at such a high level."

Playing with and against some of the region's top high school football talent, Crist started the day off working off a rusty arm. Still, Crist would go onto win top quarterback honors at the camp.

"I haven't been throwing very much because I'm running track," said Crist. "I knew it would be a competitive day because there were some great quarterbacks here. It was a matter of competing with those guys and stepping your game up on the big stage."

USCFootball.com will keep you updated on Dayne Crist's plans to announce his commitment this Thursday.
 11 years ago '04        #27
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 18, 2007

Jeremy Crabtree
Rivals.com Football Recruiting
Dayne Crist talks final choices
5-star Search: From the road
OL stars dominate LA NIKE Camp
Los Angeles is home to arguably the top high school football talent in the nation.

The class of 2008 in Ventura County, Los Angeles County, Orange County and the Inland Empire are as strong as ever. The region features 10 players who were on the recently released Pre-evaluation period Rivals100.

After this past weekend's NIKE Training Camp in Los Angeles and the earlier Rivals.com Junior Day at Anaheim Servite, a core of recruits from Los Angeles has emerged. A few players that didn't make the most recent Rivals100 list tried to show they belong among the nation's best.

At the head of the class is Darrell Scott of Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure. The 6-foot, 215-pound running back is franchise player that has everything you want from a future NFL running back.

Scott is equally strong running inside or bouncing it to the outside and running away from defenders. Defenders tend to bounce off of him, but it's his elite speed that makes Scott a franchise back.

Darrell Scott ran for 3,194 yards and 45 touchdowns as a junior.
He has been clocked as fast as 10.6 in the 100 meters, and when watching him on film he looks like he's at full speed within just a few yards. Scott is a physical player who does not shy away from contact and really finishes his runs well.

"Darrell is a physical player who does not shy away from contact and really finishes his runs well," Rivals.com Western region recruiting analyst Rick Kimbrel said.

"He also played last year at Moorpark against one of the top schedules in the state, so he did all of his damage against the top competition in California. It's going to be truly exciting to see what he will do now that he's at St. Bonaventure. But without a doubt he's one of the best backs that I've seen in my years of covering high school football in California."

As a sophomore at Moorpark, he had 1,988 yards rushing and 19 touchdowns. As a junior, he ran for 3,194 yards and 45 scores. He has offers from national programs like California, Colorado, Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Texas A&M and UCLA.

"He's going to be one of the most interesting guys to follow this recruiting season," Rivals.com Western region recruiting analyst Greg Biggins said. "I think he's one of the guys that could end up about anywhere."

Below is an early look at the top 10 prospects in Los Angeles (listed in alphabetical order) for this year's class and a breakdown of several other Division I prospects in the area.

Los Angeles top 10
Blake Ayles
6-4, 235, TE, Orange (Calif.) Lutheran
Ayles in action
Orange Lutheran won the state championship last season, and much of the attention went to Ayles' teammates - Michael Reardon and Aaron Corp. However, some feel it was Ayles that made the biggest impact in the Lancers' state championship run. He had 43 receptions for 616 yards and three touchdowns. He also played defensive end in the title game and dominated. Ayles recently broke the school record in the shot put with a toss of 50 feet, 10 inches. He is a big-game performer who can block just as well as he can catch.

Recruiting update: Many people expect Ayles to join Corp and Reardon at USC, but he's not rushing the recruiting process. He has offers from Arizona State, Cal, Florida, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, Wisconsin, Boston College and many more.
Kemonte Bateman
6-0, 171, WR, Los Angeles Crenshaw
Bateman in action
Earlier this year, Bateman was named a member of the Rivals250 to watch for the class of 2008. However, after winning most valuable player honors for receivers at the recent NIKE Camp in Los Angeles, Bateman's stock has gone up in many evaluators' eyes. He should be a serious candidate now for the Rivals100 when it's updated. Bateman was outstanding in the head-to-head battles with defensive backs, and he also made quite a few circus catches during drill work. He was a first-team all-city selection in 2006 after posting 63 receptions for 644 yards and eight touchdowns.

Recruiting update: Bateman is apparently heading to UCLA, but is a soft commitment. He is working on reaching his qualifying test score. Colorado and Arizona State have also offered, but he's without question the Bruins' to lose.
Dayne Crist
6-5, 228, QB, Sherman Oaks (Calif.) Notre Dame
Crist in action
One of the nation's elite quarterback prospects, Crist already has offers from most of the major players in college football. Crist missed five games of his junior season with an injury, but then came back with a vengeance in the final seven games. In those final games, he threw for more than 1,200 yards and rushed for another 500. He also threw for 17 touchdowns and just three interceptions. Crist took home most valuable player honors for quarterbacks at Sunday's NIKE Camp. What is most exciting about Crist is the athletic ability he has for a big quarterback. He can run as well as he can pass, and is a member of the Knights track team.

Recruiting update: Crist is down to a final five - with USC and Notre Dame leading the way over Michigan, Stanford and LSU. He is expected to have a decision within the next week. "Staying local or leaving home won't be a factor for me," he said. "At first I thought it would be, but after taking these trips I'm very comfortable with all the schools. If I feel the school is the best fit for me, I'll go anywhere."
Matt Kalil
6-7, 277, OL, Anaheim (Calif.) Servite
Kalil in action
Kalil was offered a scholarship to USC as a sophomore and quickly accepted. Kalil is a different type of player than his older brother, Ryan Kalil - who will be selected early in the upcoming NFL Draft. Matt Kalil is long, lean and has an amazing frame. He does need to improve his technique, but he is a franchise offensive tackle and displays it on film. Going against one of the top schedules in California, Kalil will often take over a game for Servite. He dominated at the recent Los Angeles NIKE Camp, where he didn't lose a one-on-one battle the entire camp.

Recruiting update: An early commitment to the Trojans, he also had offers from Arizona, Colorado, Miami and Nebraska. He would easily have more offers if he were still on the market.
Rahim Moore
6-0, 185, S, Los Angeles Dorsey
Moore in action
Moore just turned 16, and had a great junior season at safety. He racked up more than 100 tackles and seven interceptions at Dorsey, one of the top programs in Los Angeles. Moore is always around the football, and his ability to show up at key times could easily make him a great safety prospect. He could also project at corner on the next level. Moore has high-end speed, running the 400 meters in the 47-second range. That ranks as one of the top times in the state of California.

Recruiting update: Moore has committed to UCLA, but other schools have continued to recruit him. Auburn, Washington, Washington State, Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and USC are interested. Despite other schools chasing him, the odds are slim that he'll end up anywhere but UCLA
 11 years ago '04        #28
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
continued...

Darrell Scott
6-0, 215, RB, Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure
Scott in action
It's hard to come up with ways to describe Scott with words that haven't already been used. He's one of the most dangerous offensive players to come out of Los Angeles in quite some time. He's strong, he's fast and he's productive. There's no question he's one of the nation's top players regardless of position.

Recruiting update: Scott says he's open to many teams, and has a national offer list. He lists Cal, Colorado, Florida, Michigan, Minnesota, Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Texas A&M and UCLA as his favorites. He's not as tied to the West Coast as some of the other L.A. kids.
D.J. Shoemate
6-0, 219, ATH, Anaheim (Calif.) Servite
Shoemate in action
Shoemate missed almost all of his junior year after suffering an injury in the first game of the 2007 season. However, he was one of the most dominant players in Los Angeles as a sophomore. Even though Shoemate was a younger player, many analysts agreed that he was the top prospect in Orange County. He would have ranked as one of the top players in the nation. He finished the year with 464 yards rushing and 10 touchdowns. He added 35 catches for 646 yards and five touchdowns. But a lingering foot problem kept him out of action last season. He's poised to return as a senior and re-establish himself as one of the nation's best players.

Recruiting update: Shoemate ended the recruiting process early. USC offered him a scholarship as a sophomore. He quickly jumped on the offer and hasn't looked around at all since.
Tyron Smith
6-6, 264, OL, Moreno Valley (Calif.) Rancho Verde
Sabino in action
Smith was recently named most valuable player for the offensive line at the Los Angeles NIKE Training Camp. While he looks like a tight end or a defensive end, his technique, power, footwork and everything else that you look for in an offensive lineman are quite advanced. "He's the best lineman I've seen at our camps in five years," Marty Spalding, one of the coaches at the NIKE Camp, said. "He's that good. He's amazing."

Recruiting update: It looks like a two-team race between UCLA and USC. He said he's going to look hard at the program that would help him win a national championship. "The deciding factor for me is going to be simple – what school gives me the best chance to win a ring," he said.
Max Tuioti-Mariner
6-4, 300, OL, Corona (Calif.)
Everybody knew that Tuioti-Mariner was one of the better players in California. He was already ranked as one of the Rivals250 players to watch for the class of 2008. However, Tuioti-Mariner simply dominated at the recent NIKE Camp in Los Angeles. In the next update in the Rivals100 list, it'll be hard to keep him out of it. Tuioti-Mariner was impressive against top competition. On film, Biggins says he's one of the best offensive linemen he's seen in the nation.

Recruiting update: Tuioti-Mariner has offers from Ole Miss, BYU, Oregon, Oregon State, Colorado, Hawaii and Arizona. "I really don't have a favorite, but if I had to list five right now they would be Cal, Washington, BYU, USC and Hawaii," Tuioti-Mariner said. "I'm going to take my trips before making a decision. I'm not in any hurry."
E.J. Woods
6-1, 195, S, Encino (Calif.) Crespi
Woods in action
Woods, a Rivals.com Junior All-American, took a little while to get up to speed after transferring to Crespi before the start of his junior season. Once he did, he made an impact. He rushed for 438 yards on just 62 carries. He added 31 tackles, four sacks and one fumble recovery in just seven games on defense. He looked right at home this Sunday at the NIKE Camp, where he was the top safety and had a very good camp. Safeties aren't used to covering one on one, but Woods looked very smooth and showed excellent closing speed.

Recruiting update: Woods made an early commitment to UCLA on March 11, and he had a powder blue Bruin T-shirt at the NIKE Camp. He was already holding early offers from Colorado, Ole Miss, Oregon and Penn State. He was also receiving attention from Washington, Ohio State, USC and Texas. He definitely would have had more offers had he not made an early pledge.
Best of the rest
Inland Empire: Ryan Bass, Corona Centennial, RB; Anthony Dye, Corona Santiago, DB; Damien Holmes, Colton, DE; Chris Polk, Redlands East Valley, WR; Matt Scott, Corona Centennial, QB; Kevan Walker, Arcadia, WR.
Los Angeles: Dominique Blackman, Carson, QB; Donovan Carter, Lake Balboa Birmingham, LB; Datone Jones, Compton, DE; Uona Kavienga, Los Angeles Leuzinger, LB; Milton Knox, Lake Balboa Birmingham, RB; Maurice Simmons, Compton Dominguez, LB.
Orange County: Nick Crissman, Huntington Beach Edison, QB; Khaled Holmes, Santa Ana Mater Dei, OL; Cameron Meredith, Santa Ana Mater Dei, DE
The Valley: Joseph Fauria, Encino Crespi, TE; Wes Horton, Sherman Oaks Notre Dame, DE; Anthony McDonald, Sherman Oaks Notre Dame, LB
Ventura County: Vaughn Dotsy, Ventura St. Bonaventure, OL.
Five sleepers
Ryan Katz, Santa Monica, QB: Katz earned a scholarship offer from Air Force immediately after his strong performance at the Los Angeles NIKE Camp. Katz also looks good on film. If coaches can overlook that he's only 6-1, then they're going to find a good signal-caller.
Patrick Larimore, Newhall Hart, LB: Larimore already has a few solid offers. As more coaches see this hard-working and very coachable linebacker prospect, they're going to like him.
Brandon Magee, Corona Centennial, LB: Often overlooked because he plays on the same team as two high profile recruits (Bass and Scott), Magee is going to receive some attention from Pac-10 schools. Some in the know are whispering that he might be the best of the talented trio.
Jonathan Martin, North Hollywood Harvard-Westlake, OL: He was impressive at the NIKE Camp. Martin has already picked up an offer from Ole Miss, and many more are sure to come.
Curtis McNeal, Los Angeles Venice, RB: Size scared a lot of schools away early, but USC loved McNeal's playmaking ability and offered him an early scholarship. It was one he jumped on rather quickly.
 11 years ago '04        #29
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 18, 2007

Jason Scheer
GOAZCATS.com

Related Links:
Milton Knox ProfileMilton Knox Video

When Milton Knox was named the top running back at Sunday's Los Angeles Nike Camp, it was just one indication that he was finally getting the respect he feels he deserves.

GOAZCATS.com
Milton Knox was impressive at the Los Angeles Nike Camp.
The 5-foot-8, 195-pound running back from Birmingham High School in Lake Balboa (Calif.) has long been regarded as one of the top backs in the West and Sunday's performance did nothing to change that notion.

"I think I proved myself," Knox said. "A lot of people were questioning my speed and if I could break away and I think I proved that I could."

When discussing his offers Knox remains humble, though he knows that the recruiting attention is sure to increase.

"Recruiting is going okay," he said. "It is slow right now. I can't say a lot of schools are coming after me. Right now I am just going to be real humble and take my time and let them come."

As for the schools recruiting him the hardest, there are four programs that stick out for Knox, two of which have yet to offer.

"The most attention I am getting is from Arizona, Ole Miss, USC and UCLA," Knox said. "UCLA and USC have interest but I do not know what they are going to do, so if they come up with an offer I am just going to be happy and make my decision in February."

Knox currently does not have any leaders due in large part to the fact that he simply has not come across a school that gives him the feeling that it should be number one on his list.

"I really have not found a school that sticks out, welcomes me with open arms and really wants me to be part of their family," he said. "When I do find that school they will probably be my number one."

Though he does not name a favorite, Knox maintains an interest in Arizona and says that he knows a lot about the school.

[pic - click to view]

GOAZCATS.com
Knox' recruitment is sure to pick up.
"I am real familiar with the program," he said. "I used to watch some Arizona games when they came out here and played UCLA and USC, so I am real familiar with them and have seen them play. I also have a friend that goes to Arizona and I am always talking to him and he is a big fan so he is always trying to convince me to go there."

Knox says that he will pass on taking unofficial visits because he is simply too busy due to school work and high school practice.

"I don't have any plans to take any unofficial visits right now because we are working on spring ball and grinding it out," he said. "We are working out on Sundays at 6:00 in the morning and really I do not have enough time, especially with the SAT coming up. I am just going to keep doing what I am doing and stay focused."

The biggest factor in Knox's decision will be his overall feel for the school as there is one main focus he has when looking at his choices of programs.

"I am looking for the school that is going to show me love, take me with open arms and be there for me," he said. "That is really the only thing I am looking for."

Knox is a unique running back in that he runs with power, yet still has the ability to make sharp cuts.

"I am real quick and shifty," Knox said. "I run with power and that is the biggest thing people notice about me. I also think I have great hands and showed it playing with some of the elite backs and linebackers."

Knox currently does not have a timetable for his decision, though he expects it will come close to Signing Day. Whenever it comes, Knox says it will be a family decision.

"My decision is going to basically be with my family," he said. "I am going to really sit down with my family and see where they want me to go and where I feel like I am being loved with open arms."
 11 years ago '04        #30
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 18, 2007

Rick Kimbrel
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Another standout who showed up at the NIKE Camp held in Los Angeles was jack-of-all-trades athlete Andre Pickens (5-11, 168, 4.5) from Chino Hills (Calif.) Don Lugo. Pickens played running back, wide receiver and cornerback as a junior.

From his running back position, Pickens rushed for 880 yards and 10 touchdowns. As a receiver, he caught 21 passes for 316 yards while averaging 15.1 yards per catch and three receiving touchdowns.

On defense, Pickens accounted for 24 tackles from his cornerback position while the opposition rarely threw his way.

Pickens also an outstanding kick returner who racked up 370 return yards including a 99 yard kickoff return for a touchdown.

Though he plays both ways, Pickens is being recruited mainly as a wide receiver.

So far he has one offer on the table from Washington. Oregon State, UCLA, BYU, Utah, Colorado, and Ole Miss are showing recruiting interest in Pickens.

"I've never been to Washington, but I plan to be there for their spring game," Pickens said. "I don't know enough about Washington that's why I'm going to take an unofficial visit there.

"I'm also planning on going to UCLA's pad camp in June and I'm also going to BYU's camp," Pickens said. "Academics will be part of my decision and the other part will be athletics.

"I don't care what side of the ball I play on in college," Pickens said. "I just want to play."

The scouting report on Pickens is he's a playmaker on both sides of the ball and has tremendous versatility. He's a very aggressive football player with good speed and vision.
 11 years ago '04        #31
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Alright i'm done posting for the day until tomorrow if i see anything i'll put it up.

Gone Drinking mufu*kas.
 11 years ago '04        #32
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
cali produces some serious talent
course not as much as florida :D
 11 years ago '04        #33
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 Simba said:
ain't nothing wrong with that. Auburn seem to crank out them running backs lately. Something like Miami. I think it's cuz we run a pro style offense that preps our players for the league a lil better
yea we been a factory lately.... now if we would just open up the offense and get some big name WRs ill be happy

our big name WR of the past 15 years is Frank Sanders
 04-19-2007, 11:51 AM         #34
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cap Peeler you makin it hard to spread rep fast enough homie. Thanks. Of course I'd expect to hear non USC fans say Cali don't put out as much talent. Truth is, Cali and Florida probably bout even at the top. I was thinkin bout this the other day: Miami and USC got strategic locations when it comes to recruiting. I mean come on, it's Cali and Florida . Who wouldn't wanna come to LA or Miami?
 04-19-2007, 12:22 PM         #35
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We really need to get Darrel Scott. Ol boy is a monster.
 11 years ago '04        #36
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Updated: April 19, 2007, 2:36 PM ET
Sources: Mustain to transfer to USC
By Joe Schad
Special to ESPN.com

Former Arkansas quarterback Mitch Mustain plans to transfer to USC in the second week of May, sources close to the quarterback said Wednesday night.

Mustain has attended USC's spring game and practices and is currently attending classes at Arkansas, where the semester ends May 8.

Mustain, considered by some the nation's top recruit before last season, enrolled at Arkansas in large part because coach Houston Nutt hired Mustain's high school coach, Gus Malzahn, as offensive coordinator.

But Arkansas didn't utilized Malzahn's no-huddle, spread offense and he left for Tulsa, where he'll be co-offensive coordinator. Mustain, who was benched at the end of last season, then announced his intention to transfer.

Arkansas won the SEC West last season and began 10-1 before losing the final three games of the season.

This week Nutt released a statement denying rumors he was pursuing other jobs and did not promptly respond to hate e-mail sent to Mustain. He also denied a rumor that he had an affair with a local television anchor.

Joe Schad is a national college football reporter for ESPN.
 11 years ago '04        #37
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
this one is kind of old but whatever, it's from 04/12/07

Zack Lehatto
USCFootball.com Staff Writer

Related Links:
Video: Meredith movesSmith with a new leader

Shayne Hale may have scholarship offers from nearly every elite program in country, but it's the one from a school out west that the 225-pound outside linebacker covets most.

Hale had 13 tackles for losses in 2006
The all-conference, all-state, Post-Gazette Fab 22 and Rivals100 selection is anticipating a trip to Troy.

However, a scholarship offer from USC is noticeably absent from his stack of more than 30.

"They're the one I've been waiting for," said the Monroeville (Pa.) Gateway prospect, who had four sacks and 105 tackles.

"[I don't have a] top five yet," Hale said about early favorites. "I haven't narrowed it down, but if I got the offer [from USC] they'd definitely be in there."

Without any family or friend connections to USC, it would seem like a challenge to get Hale to travel over 3000 miles for school. However, he believes he's ready for a new challenge.

"Distance doesn't matter, I'm willing to go anywhere," he said. "I think I'm ready for it."

Hale knows that he can lean on the other out-of-state recruits to help him through the process.

"There are some kids from back around my way [at USC] that I can talk to and relate to, so that'll make it easier for me," he explained.

Hale realizes that he's got the physical tools to set him apart from his competition, but said that it was his intense focus that truly gave him his edge.

"And I'm not sure anyone has the same mindset as I do out there," Hale said. "It's either going to be me or the person across from me, and I don't want it to be me.

"So I go out and attack the ball every play. Doesn't matter what; banged up [or] tired, I've just got to get it done."

While Hale said that USC would be near the top of his list, he has yet to visit campus.

"I haven't had a chance to get there yet, but it looks like they have a nice beautiful campus," Hale said from his living room on the opposite coast.

"I'll definitely try to come out and talk with the coaches or make a camp soon."

With no familiarity of campus Hale's main draw right now is the football program itself.

"The tradition of SC is most important [to me]."

USCFootball.com will continue to bring you the latest in Shayne Hale's recruitment.
 04-19-2007, 05:19 PM         #38
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think it's so funny that if wants to leave Arkansas for USC. Last two times we played we dropped 120 points total on em. I think they might have gotten 21 points total on us. Lol! thanks Cap
 04-29-2007, 10:34 PM         #39
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/29/07 -- Two more Trojan football players -- linebackers Dallas Sartz and Oscar Lua -- selected on the second day (4/29) of the 2007 NFL Draft. Sartz, a 4 year starter, was a 5th round pick of the Washington Redskins. Lua, who led Troy in tackles in 2005, went in the 7th round to the New England Patriots. They join the 3 Trojans -- wideouts Dwayne Jarrett (Panthers), Steve Smith (Giants), and Ryan Khalil (Panthers) who were 2nd round picks. USC now has 435 players drafted in its history, including 30 during Pete Carroll's first 6 years. usctrojans.cstv.com

Last edited by -Scar-; 09-04-2007 at 11:13 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #40
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 30, 2007

Gerard Martinez
USCFootball.com Senior Analyst

Related Links:
USC going on GreenFuller blows up at NIKE Scott names final 10

Bunn (N.C.) athlete Brandon Barnes has gone from being heralded to coveted in two months time.

Brandon Barnes is being recruited on offense by USC
Barnes was bombarded with scholarship offers from schools throughout the Southeast toward the end of March. As April began, Barnes started to notice several unfamiliar zip codes marked on the letters in his mailbox.

Last week, a strange area code showed up on the caller-id at the football offices at Bunn High School. Without notice, Barnes was on the phone with USC running backs coach Todd McNair.

"I spoke to T-Mac, and he said they were offering me," said Barnes. "That's a school way away from home, but I was very happy to hear from them."

Barnes, who had 777-yards of total offense and nine touchdowns as a junior, holds more than a dozen scholarship offers. Adding in 77 tackles and five interceptions on defense, Barnes' ability to play multiple positions also intrigues the Trojans.

"They like my versatility," said Barnes. "Coach [McNair] said that he liked that I can play running back, receiver or even defense. I can play more than just two positions, and that's what most colleges like about me.

"Coach asked me where I wanted to play, and I told him offense. I like playing running back or receiver – it doesn't really matter to me."

Being on the East Coast, Barnes' knowledge of Southern California is limited to what he reads and sees on TV. However, the Trojan's success in recent years has left a positive impression on the Rivals100 selection.

"I know they have a prestigious program that's highly ranked and well known," said Barnes. "They have great coaches and always have great players. I don't know a whole lot about the school, but I know some."

Barnes admits that the distance between North Carolina and Los Angeles has tempered his excitement about USC's scholarship offer. As with any teenager, his decision will be influenced by his parents' opinions.

"I do have interest [in USC]," said Barnes. "I have a couple of cousins in California, but I've never been there. My parents will leave this decision up to me, but they're going to have their favorite too. They would probably like me to stay closer to home, but I'll have to talk to them about what comes up."

At this point, Barnes is no where near making a decision on a college. With the recruiting process shifting into overdrive this month, Barnes is having a difficult time keeping up with his options, let alone choosing among them.

"I'm probably going to start narrowing down my list [of schools] just before the season," said Barnes. "Things have been real crazy. To tell you the truth, this was unexpected. It all came out of nowhere.

"I keep all of my letters and offers in a box. I had things in drawers, but they all filled up. Things started overflowing last month – it's crazy.

"My first offer came from North Carolina, and I was really happy about that. I wanted this to happen, but I didn't think it would happen this fast. It took me off guard, but I have to take it as it comes. This is what I worked for."

The reality of being a coveted recruit hit home last week when Barnes started seeing college coaches show up at his school.

"Florida State, Florida, South Carolina, Clemson, ECU and couple of other schools," said Barnes. "It's different when you see the coaches on campus. It takes it up a notch. It's like, 'wow I can't believe it'."

While USC hasn't informed Barnes of any plans to visit him on campus, he has interest in visiting Southern California later this year.

"I would like to get out there and visit," said Barnes."That's probably one of my [official] visits during the season."

USCFootball.com will continue to update you on Brandon Barnes recruitment throughout the season.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
77 comments
2 days ago