Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10-06-2007, 05:59 PM         #361
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*throws the red 55 on*

*grabs a beer*

*pours a shot*
 10-06-2007, 06:34 PM         #362
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bout tired of Turner droppin passes......all these dropped passes period
 10 years ago '04        #363
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
fred davis is a beast
 10 years ago '04        #364
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
damn taylor mays dont play
 10-06-2007, 07:02 PM         #365
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sloppy play on offfense but the D is holdin us down as usual
 10-06-2007, 07:07 PM         #366
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Havili is the fu*kin truth at fullback....
 10-06-2007, 07:08 PM         #367
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bout time turner did something good...

*edit*

@ this pathetic halftime score.......but second half is always ours

Last edited by -Scar-; 10-06-2007 at 07:36 PM..
 10-06-2007, 08:05 PM         #368
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the fu*k is goin on.....
 10-06-2007, 08:21 PM         #369
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we're playing terrible
 10 years ago '07        #370
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
Damn I can't believe they lost. USC is too talented to be dropping games to Stanford

NCAA is fu*king crazy this year
 10-07-2007, 10:20 AM         #371
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause:

GO USC!
 10-07-2007, 10:55 AM         #372
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The injuries we have are impact players.....I doubt we'll take another like that.........

If we juat have Stafon back for the rest of the year we're straight but his running was sorely missed yesterday.....
 10-07-2007, 06:10 PM         #373
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Trojans' unfathomable 24-23 loss to Stanford, a 41-point underdog, ends their 35-game home winning streak and possibly their national title hopes.
By Gary Klein, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
October 7, 2007
Stanford Coach Jim Harbaugh made national headlines last summer when he proclaimed that USC might be the greatest team in college football history.

This week, after USC barely squeaked past Washington, Harbaugh held firm in his hyperbolic belief.

Photo Gallery
Stanford 24, USC 23
Related Stories
- Stanford coach did get a couple of things right
- Local teams really put the loss in Los Angeles
- Keys to the game
- Stanford's Bradford had a big reason to make the catch that beat USC
- b00ty plays despite fracture
- Stanford stuns USC

On Saturday at the Coliseum, USC was not even the best team on the field.

In one of the greatest upsets in college football history, Harbaugh's previously struggling Stanford team defeated the second-ranked Trojans, 24-23, ending USC's 35-game home winning streak and possibly its bid for a national title.

"To give it up on a night like this when you play so miserably . . . it's a crusher to have to give it up," USC Coach Pete Carroll said of the winning streak.

A week after USC barely survived a penalty- and turnover-plagued performance at Seattle and fell from the top spot in the a.ssociated Press media poll, the Trojans played even worse on offense against the Cardinal.

Quarterback John David b00ty had four passes intercepted, one that was returned for a touchdown, one that set up the game-winning score and one that ended the Trojans' hopes for a last-second victory.

Stanford won the game on quarterback Tavita Pritchard's touchdown pass to Mark Bradford on fourth and goal from USC's 10-yard line with 49 seconds left. Bradford beat cornerback Mozique McCurtis on the play, which silenced a crowd of 85,125, the first to witness a USC loss at home in six years.

Stanford, a 41-point underdog Saturday, also was the last team to defeat the Trojans at the Coliseum, 21-16 on Sept. 29, 2001.

"I don't know if there's ever been a game where a team was a 40-point underdog and playing with a quarterback making their first start" and won, said Harbaugh, whose team improved to 2-3 overall and 1-3 in the Pacific 10 Conference in his first season.

USC fans booed the team at halftime and also into the third quarter as the Trojans allowed the Cardinal to stay in the game with interceptions and a fumble. The Trojans sprinted off the field after the loss.

"It's very, very surreal," said senior nose tackle Sedrick Ellis, who had three sacks. "I've never had to do that before -- walk off our own field in defeat. It's a very disgusting feeling."

Stanford was coming off a 41-3 loss to Arizona State and was ranked last in the Pacific 10 in rushing defense and passing efficiency defense. But receiver Evan Moore, a senior from Brea, said he knew the Cardinal could beat USC when the Trojans went into halftime leading only 9-0.

"I didn't think they brought it today and I knew we had it," Moore said.

USC (4-1, 2-1 in the Pac-10) led, 9-0, at halftime after two mistake-filled quarters that featured dropped passes, penalties, a blocked extra-point attempt and a failure to score on fourth down from inside the Stanford one at the end of the second quarter, when Chauncey Washington was stopped for no gain.

b00ty also suffered a fracture in the tip of the middle finger of his throwing hand, but played the rest of the game.

"There were some times when the balls were just bad, straight up. Just bad balls," said b00ty, who completed 24 of 40 passes for 364 yards and two touchdowns. "At times there was some pressure and there were times when we were forcing things at the end."

Safety Austin Yancy put the Cardinal on the path to an upset when he stepped in front of fullback Stanley Havili and picked off b00ty's pass at the USC 31-yard line early in the third quarter. Yancy sprinted into the end zone, and Derek Belch's extra-point kick made the score 9-7.

b00ty connected with tight end Fred Davis for a 16-yard gain on the next possession, but Davis fumbled. Stanford failed to capitalize, but the Trojans gave the Cardinal another shot when b00ty overthrew David Ausberry and cornerback Nick Sanchez intercepted.

Once again USC stymied the Cardinal when Taylor Mays intercepted a long pass.

The Trojans went ahead, 16-7, on a 63-yard touchdown pass from b00ty to Davis late in the third quarter, but the Cardinal answered immediately with a 75-yard, nine-play drive that running back Anthony Kimble capped with a one-yard touchdown to pull Stanford to within 16-14 with 14:54 left in the game.

Three minutes later, b00ty connected with Ronald Johnson on a 47-yard touchdown pass play for a 23-14 lead.

Belch cut the lead to 23-17 with a 26-yard field goal with 5:43 remaining, and cornerback Wopamo Osaisai set up the game-winning drive when he intercepted b00ty's pass and returned it 18 yards to USC's 45 with 2:50 left.

A pass interference call against safety Kevin Ellison moved the ball to the USC 30 and Pritchard calmly drove the Cardinal to the nine with a 20-yard pass to Richard Sherman on fourth-and-20 from the 29.

Pritchard scrambled for four yards on first down. Next, Moore caught a pass beyond the end line, then was unable to haul in a pass on third down.

Stanford was then penalized for having too many players on the field, setting up the fourth-and-10 play.

Pritchard, a redshirt sophomore who was starting for the first time because T.C. Ostrander had suffered a seizure Sunday, completed 11 of 30 passes for 149 yards. Before the winning touchdown, he said he could not hear the play Harbaugh had called, so he called one of his own, and hit Bradford near the left corner of the end zone.

Bradford, a fifth-year senior who played at Los Angeles Fremont High, said he was ready for the moment when it came.

"I've been trained all my life for this and I knew the moment would come. I was ready for it," Bradford said.

The Trojans were not. Safety Bo McNally intercepted b00ty's final pass with 13 seconds left and Stanford had made history.

"They did a heck of a job and we made a ton of mistakes," Carroll said. "I never thought we would lose tonight, even after they scored. We thought we'd go down the field and kick a field goal."

10 years ago '04        #374
thabigo 
space
space
$8,076 | Props total: 102 102
I felt SC was overrated this year. Never been convinced with b00ty as QB and the secondary has been a problem for the past two seasons.

There's a lot of talent on the team. But it hasn't been fulfilled on the field on consistent basis this year.

I also dont like the offensive system being run at this moment. SC should spread the field and use the speed that they have on the offensive side.

Norm Chow should have never been let go imo.
 10-10-2007, 08:58 PM         #375
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Backup quarterback Mark Sanchez took all the first team snaps on Monday's practice, according to AP reporter John Nadel. John David b00ty sat out the Trojans' first practice since Saturday's landmark loss to Stanford, with a bandage wrapped around his broken middle finger.

But how severe is b00ty's injury and more importantly, who will start against Arizona come Saturday?

-

b00ty's been cleared by doctors and intends to practice with the team on Tuesday. But he has to do more than just go through the motions of practice. After throwing four interceptions in last Saturday's loss, b00ty will have to convince his teammates and his coaches that he's the only man for the job.

In the mean time, an untested Mark Sanchez will strive to prove that he can fill b00ty's shoes; a difficult task for the red-shirt sophomore that's never thrown an offensive touchdown.

When asked who will be chosen to start on Saturday against the Wildcats, Coach Carroll left it open for speculation:

"Mark has to go with the first group and play like he's starting until he doesn't. We're going to prepare him as the starter."

Last edited by -Scar-; 10-10-2007 at 09:02 PM..
 10-10-2007, 10:28 PM         #376
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
John David b00ty throws passes to test his broken finger, but Sanchez is on track to be the one at quarterback against Arizona.

Sanchez, a third-year sophomore, spent part of the afternoon fielding dozens of questions from reporters after Coach Pete Carroll's weekly news conference.

Likely to start
click to enlarge"I need to be conservative and play well and play smart," Sanchez said, describing his possible role as "taking the keys to this awesome sports car we have here and not crashing."

Sanchez continued to get comfortable with the controls by taking all of the snaps with the first-team offense.

Meanwhile, b00ty threw passes for the first time since Saturday, when he had four passes intercepted against Stanford.

b00ty, who broke a bone in the middle finger of his right hand during the first half, threw about 50 balls.

"It felt better than I expected, it's just my accuracy is not where I quite want it to be," b00ty said, adding, "I'm not going to go out there if I don't think I can play the way I'm capable of playing."

b00ty said that he would continue to ice the finger with hopes that the swelling would subside.

Carroll, however, sounded as if he was leaning toward playing Sanchez and allowing b00ty to fully recover.

During the news conference, Carroll said: "It could turn out that if John is OK, that we hold him in reserve and go with Mark through the preparation. . . . If we needed him in an emergency, maybe we could do that."

After the practice, Carroll said, "If we give him a break, maybe he can come back strong and be ready to finish the season. I don't know that, we're just kind of guessing, but we'll try and wait to see how it responds."

Sanchez said his father, Nick, a fire captain in Orange County, eased any nervousness by leaving him a funny voice mail after a brief conversation Monday night.

"He said, 'Hey Mark, it's your dad. One of the guys at the fire station said they have some tickets for Disneyland. We're going Saturday if you're not doing anything around 12, so call me back,' " Sanchez recalled.

USC's game against Arizona begins at 12:30 p.m.

Sanchez, asked to describe the post-Stanford mood on campus, said: "I don't think I've gotten through a single class without somebody mentioning something. . . . One of the teachers said, 'Am I going to be disappointed if I go to the game this week?'

"He wasn't directly talking to me, but I'm sure he knew I was in the class."

Center Matt Spanos did not practice again because of cuts on his right pinkie and ring finger, but he said he would play against Arizona regardless of whether "it opens or closes, if it's infected or not. I could care less what it looks like." . . . Tailback Stafon Johnson (foot) did some running and said, "if I'm 90%, I'm playing." . . . Linebacker Thomas Williams (ankle) did not practice. Clay Matthews appears on track to start at strong-side linebacker. . . . Tailback Joe McKnight sat out much of practice because of illness, Carroll said.

10 years ago '04        #377
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
i wouldnt wanna be arizona, they'll be facing an angry USC squad
 10 years ago '04        #378
thabigo 
space
space
I like Sanchez, he has a stronger arm and is more mobile than Bootuy but that ainst saying much cuz almost every QB is more mobile than b00ty.

Hopefully they open up the playbook and start throwing long passes down the field. The running game will be fine but SC needs to get the passing game clicking.
 10-12-2007, 10:54 AM         #379
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The running game needs Stafon....nuff said....so far he's THE impact player....

Pass wise I still would rather see b00ty on the field......that last game was just not all his fault.....and if he was out there playing with injury that very well may have affected it.....

Sanchez just fails to impress me......like Pat Turner
 10 years ago '04        #380
thabigo 
space
space
Its hard to impress when youre riding the bench like Sanchez has for the past couple years. But Turner on the other hand has been beyond disappointing. He has worse hands than Kwame Brown. He has all the 'tools' to become a very good WR but the guy cant hold onto to a ball, he's made very little impact since his arrivial
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
26 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
60 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
18 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy