The Official USC Trojans Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
100 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
269 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #241
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8458 8458
florida is not hopping OU
 09-15-2007, 10:31 PM         #242
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rugged_1888 said:
this is my upset pick of the week..just have a feeling with nebraska at home..putting lsu where they belong in the #1 spot

YoDoods said:
I dont care for anyteam involved but im looking for the Huskers to take it.

Santana Bandana said:
Go Big Reddddddddddddddd

dmtrack19 said:
watch how many usc fans disappear if they lose to nebraska if braska wins im making a giant thread just to laugh at usc
dt
awww....

dsoul said:
i'm from omaha

USC has a young defense and is going to get shutdown in one of the loudest stadiums in college football
:rolleyes:

POPStar50 said:
I have nebraska winning 31-28

Christos said:
I can't wait till Nebraska wins so i can laugh in everyone's face. Is this bi*ch on ABC or what?

:D
 10 years ago '07        #243
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
Yeah OU may be more balanced then FLorida. I just really like their offense. You could go either way there really.
 10 years ago '07        #244
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
 Javon23 said:
florida is not hopping OU
Wait, OU is in front of Florida? I thought it was the other way around. If that's the case then yeah OU stays #3 for sure.
 09-15-2007, 10:33 PM         #245
Mr. Magic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*kin mcknight

we recruited Purify he shouldve come

we also recruited Lucky, glad he didnt come
 10 years ago '07        #246
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
I'm still angry at Mcknight, not that he picked USc but the way he did. He made us LSU fans think we had a shot, when he never planned on coming here. It's all cool though, Louisiana talent so I wish him well.
 09-15-2007, 10:38 PM         #247
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
b00ty from the bayou too
 09-15-2007, 10:40 PM         #248
Mr. Magic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sonof504 said:
I'm still angry at Mcknight, not that he picked USc but the way he did. He made us LSU fans think we had a shot, when he never planned on coming here. It's all cool though, Louisiana talent so I wish him well.
i feel u on that

Desean Jackson did us the same way, told us he was coming to USC and had a press conference picking fu*king CAL
 10 years ago '07        #249
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
Yeah b00ty and Jacob Hester are real good friends. I don't mind b00ty, I like Mcknight more though.
 09-15-2007, 10:48 PM         #250
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man we can score with any back

*edit*

damn was that bradford on the special teams tackle:wow:

Last edited by -Scar-; 09-15-2007 at 10:50 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #251
CHILL24 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,020 | Props total: 383 383
no quit in them boyz... we losin but them n*ggas still gunnin...where was this aggressive play calling @ the beginning of the 2nd half?? oh well hope we continue to play USC they aint gon do nothin but bring attention to Nebraska and make our program better
 09-15-2007, 11:22 PM         #252
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

^^^thats how the game went basically....

Stafon earned the top slot today.....:applause:

just what we were waitin for....someone to step up to the role...

USC rushes to victory over Nebraska

From the a.ssociated Press
9:27 PM PDT, September 15, 2007

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Top-ranked Southern California ran through, around and all over Nebraska.

Stafon Johnson ran for 144 yards and one of USC's five rushing touchdowns and John David b00ty threw two short TD passes in a 49-31 victory Saturday night.

The Trojans (2-0) piled up 313 yards rushing and won for the 61st time in 67 games. It was a thoroughly impressive performance and far more one-sided affair than the final score showed.

USC lost some support to LSU on the polls last week, but it wouldn't be surprising if the Trojans recoup some of those first-place votes when the new Top 25 comes out Sunday.

The 14th-ranked Huskers (2-1), playing host to a No. 1-ranked team for the first time since 1978, came into the game in search of a breakthrough victory for fourth-year coach Bill Callahan. They're still looking after dropping to 1-10 all-time against No. 1s and 0-6 under Callahan against teams ranked in the Top 10.

USC's 49 points were the third-most scored by an opponent in Lincoln.

The Trojans broke open the game by scoring three straight touchdowns to open the second half, the first two set up by interceptions.

USC led 49-17 in the fourth quarter, but Sam Keller led two touchdown drives against the Trojans' prevent defense to close the gap.

USC running backs broke off 12 runs of 10 yards or more, including six of 20 or longer.

The Trojans' rushing total was their most since running for 403 against UCLA in 2005 and the most allowed by Nebraska since Texas ran for 353 in 2003.

Nebraska, which ran for 68 yards in a 28-10 loss at USC last year, netted just 31 yards on the ground on Saturday

Last edited by -Scar-; 09-16-2007 at 12:12 AM..
 09-15-2007, 11:56 PM         #253
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
USC drops Nebraska to 1-10 all-time against No. 1s

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Top-ranked Southern California ran through, around and all over Nebraska.

Stafon Johnson ran for 144 yards and one of USC's five rushing touchdowns and John David b00ty threw two short TD passes in a 49-31 victory Saturday night.

The Trojans (2-0) piled up 313 yards rushing and won for the 61st time in 67 games. It was a thoroughly impressive performance and more one-sided than the final score showed.

"Once we got going, geez, we just took control," USC coach Pete Carroll said. "Everything we wanted to get done we were able to get done."

USC lost some support to LSU on the polls last week, but it wouldn't be surprising if the Trojans recoup some of those first-place votes when the new Top 25 comes out Sunday.

The 14th-ranked Huskers (2-1), playing host to a No. 1-ranked team for the first time since 1978, came into the game in search of a breakthrough victory for fourth-year coach Bill Callahan. They're still looking after dropping to 1-10 all-time against No. 1s and 0-6 under Callahan against teams ranked in the Top 10.

USC's 49 points were the third-most scored by an opponent in Lincoln.

"We've got to get better. We've got to get better," Callahan said.

The Trojans broke open the game by scoring three straight touchdowns in the second half, the first two set up by interceptions.

USC led 49-17 in the fourth quarter, but Sam Keller led two touchdown drives against the Trojans' prevent defense to close the gap.

USC running backs broke off 12 runs of 10 yards or more, including six of 20 or longer.

The Trojans' rushing total was their most since getting 403 against UCLA in 2005 and the most allowed by Nebraska since Texas had 353 in 2003.

"They just whipped us up front," Nebraska defensive line coach Buddy Wyatt said. "They outphysicaled us and we didn't play very good fundamentally. We missed a lot of tackles. It was ugly."

Nebraska, which ran for 68 yards in a 28-10 loss at USC last year, netted just 31 yards on the ground.

The Trojans scored on back-to-back series in the second quarter to erase a 10-7 deficit.

C.J. Gable, who had 69 yards on four carries, had runs of 14 and 11 yards and Johnson a 16-yarder before Stanley Havili ran in from the 2.

Nebraska went three-and-out, and then b00ty sprinkled in three short passes with five handoffs as the Trojans drove 73 yards in nine plays for a 21-10 halftime lead. Johnson broke off a 32-yard run to the Nebraska 25, and three plays later he scored from the 7 after his offensive line created a massive opening on a trap play.

Sam Keller was intercepted on Nebraska's first two series of the second half, and the Trojans capitalized both times during the middle of a 35-point run that put the Trojans up 42-10.

b00ty found tight end Anthony McCoy alone in the back of the end zone for a 2-yard TD, and Chauncey Washington scored to make it 35-10 after Kyle Moore ran back an interception 24 yards to the Nebraska 1.

USC established the run immediately, with Havili going for 50 yards and Gable for 40 on the Trojans' first two plays. b00ty finished the drive with a 5-yard pass to Havili.

Nebraska tied it after a rarely called penalty on USC -- "disconcerting offensive signals" -- made the difference between a field goal and touchdown.

The Huskers stalled at the USC 4, and Alex Henery came on to try a 21-yarder. But Rey Maualuga was caught mimicking the offensive snap count, violating NCAA Rule 7, Article 5, which says "no player may call defensive signals that simulates the sounds or cadence of (or otherwise interfere with) offensive starting signals."

The penalty set up Nebraska with first-and-goal at the 2, and Cody Glenn scored two plays later from a yard out to tie it 7-all.

After Henery's 37-yard field goal put Nebraska up 10-7, the Trojans started their next possession at the Huskers' 45 after Malcolm Smith picked up kick returner Vincent Joseph's fumble and returned it 31 yards.

Joseph, who lost the ball when hit by Ricky Thenarse, was taken off the field on a stretcher after being tended to for more than 10 minutes. He was hospitalized with a bruised larynx.

b00ty was 19 of 30 for 144 yards. Keller was 36 of 54 for 389 yards, including 14 of 19 for 169 yards and two TDs in the fourth quarter. Maurice Purify caught seven passes for 80 yards for the Huskers.
 10 years ago '07        #254
CHILL24 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,020 | Props total: 383 383
^ they jus needed to go to purify and swift more that game...:banghead: we went down swingin at least...
 09-19-2007, 11:50 AM         #255
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Trojans' quarterback, who has put up pedestrian numbers in two games, is only concerned with winning games.

By Gary Klein, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
September 19, 2007

USC quarterback John David b00ty began the season as a Heisman Trophy front-runner, but the campaign has not exactly started off with a bang.

With receivers dropping passes and the offensive line blowing open holes, b00ty took a back-seat to the running game against Nebraska. In two games, he has completed 65% of his passes for 350 yards and five touchdowns with one interception.

"If we're winning, I'm thrilled to death -- that's all I'm worried about," b00ty said Tuesday.

Former Trojans Carson Palmer in 2002 and Matt Leinart in 2004 passed for more yards than b00ty in the first two games of their Heisman-winning seasons. Palmer threw for 546 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions. Leinart passed for 503 yards and five touchdowns with no interceptions.

b00ty said he would be honored to be among the Heisman finalists invited to New York in December, but he would not evaluate his career on it.

"If it [happens] great. If not, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it," he said.

b00ty said he welcomed a strong rushing attack, which produced 313 yards and five touchdowns against Nebraska.

"It makes the offensive line's game easier, and the play-action, and the passing game," he said. "It slows the [pass] rush down."

b00ty, however, expects the Trojans will start to strike more through the air when they play Washington State in their Pacific 10 Conference opener on Saturday.

"I still feel our passing game hasn't opened up like it's going to the rest of the season," he said.

When linebacker Rey Maualuga cut his hair a few weeks ago, it eliminated some of the disconcerting effect his appearance could have on opponents.

Maualuga, however, was flagged for a "disconcerting" penalty against Nebraska when instructions to his linemen on a field-goal attempt were interpreted by officials as an attempt to confuse the Cornhuskers.

The penalty helped Nebraska eventually score a touchdown.

"I never heard of a disconcerting penalty in my life," Maualuga said. "Growing up, I always thought you could mess with the O-line, but that's not what I was trying to do, that wasn't the deal.

"I just went up to our line and said, 'At their cadence, move.' I guess [the official] thought I was trying to get their O-line to jump offsides."

Said Coach Pete Carroll: "It's something we do on a regular basis so we have to be more careful with that."

Linebacker Brian Cushing (ankle) went through part of the practice and said he would "definitely be good to go" against Washington State. . . . Carroll said the coaching staff might have been "putting too much" on freshman running back Joe McKnight, who has struggled to get on track. "We didn't really start at the beginning and let him creep along. We started knowing what he could do and threw a bunch of stuff at him," Carroll said. . . . About 700 tickets remain available for Saturday's game, according to USC officials.

UP NEXT
vs. Washington St. (2-1)
 09-19-2007, 02:25 PM         #256
n2muziq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
let's just win baby!!!!!!
 09-20-2007, 12:46 PM         #257
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Impact of McKnight, Griffen has been limited in early going

The heralded freshmen have struggled, but coaches remain confident they will make an impact

September 20, 2007

USC's 2007 recruiting class was judged by many to be the nation's best after Joe McKnight signed with the Trojans.

The speedy running back from Louisiana reminded USC coaches of Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush and Coach Pete Carroll planned to utilize him in much the same way.

McKnight's impact, however, has thus far been negligible.

Asked Wednesday if USC had seen the real Joe McKnight, the 6-foot, 180-pound freshman said, "No."

McKnight, sidelined for several weeks of training camp because of a knee bruise, carried six times for 26 yards and caught one pass for eight yards in the opener against Idaho.

Last Saturday against Nebraska, playing without a knee brace, McKnight carried once for five yards. He also caught a pass but fumbled.

McKnight disagreed with Carroll's postgame a.ssessment that coaches might have overloaded him with too much too soon.

"I really don't agree with it -- I can handle what they give me," he said.

McKnight, however, acknowledged frustration and said Carroll had counseled him about remaining confident.

"He was just telling me to relax and go play football," McKnight said. "He's going to start handing me the ball off more. That was it."

McKnight can thank Bush for creating expectations, though it should be noted that Bush rushed for 28 yards in 11 carries and caught one pass for minus-six yards in his first two games at USC in 2003.

Bush broke out some in his third game when he scored two touchdowns against Hawaii. Fellow freshman LenDale White also scored twice that day, inspiring former Times sportswriter Paul Gutierrez to dub it a "Thunder and Lightning ground game."

Offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian accepted blame for McKnight's early struggles.

"It's my fault that I haven't given him a lot of those opportunities just to hand him the ball and let him play running back," Sarkisian said. "We've had him do a lot of different things and in turn I think that's really slowed him down some."

Sarkisian said the Trojans remained confident in McKnight and would not make him one-dimensional.

"We'll still have some things for him but it's not going to be 10 to 12 plays of a bunch of stuff that's not lining up behind the quarterback," he said.

Like McKnight, freshman defensive end Everson Griffen began the season with high expectations.

He started but did not make a tackle against Idaho, then made two tackles in a reserve role against Nebraska.

Carroll said Griffen (6 feet 3, 265 pounds) possesses great speed but "doesn't always use it effectively," because he becomes overanxious.

Carroll expects that Griffen will improve with experience.

"Right now, he's kind of running into guys," Carroll said.

With Brian Cushing (ankle) still struggling to gain full mobility and Clay Matthews (broken thumb) practicing in a soft cast, senior Thomas Williams could start at strong-side linebacker on Saturday against Washington State.

Williams played extensively against Nebraska and made two tackles.

Carroll said Cushing's status might not be determined until game time.

"He's trying to make it through the day each day, really, more than really flying around and being able to be freewheeling," Carroll said.

Redshirt quarterback Mitch Mustain has a higher profile, but freshman receiver Brandon Carswell also is turning heads by making scout team plays reminiscent of David Ausberry.

Ausberry redshirted in 2006 and parlayed daily work against the first-team defense into a starting position this season.

The 6-2, 175-pound Carswell, who has been especially impressive in the air, is on track to redshirt.

"I think I can surprise some people," said Carswell, who is from Milpitas, Calif. "I just have to be ready for the opportunity."

UP NEXT
vs. Washington State (2-1)

Saturday, the Coliseum

5 p.m., Channel 7
 09-24-2007, 01:27 PM         #258
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
b00ty hit the mark and the defense found a way to pressure Washington State's quarterback; both will be needed against Washington.

September 24, 2007

Rewind

Looking back at No. 1 USC's 47-14 victory over Washington State

As expected: The Trojans successfully returned to a more balanced offensive approach by getting quarterback John David b00ty into an early rhythm with short throws that allowed receivers to regain their confidence after a poor showing at Nebraska.

USC's defensive line got pressure on Washington State quarterback Alex Brink, linebackers filled the gaps and shut down the Cougars' rushing attack and the secondary mostly kept Washington State's receivers in front of them, giving up only one long play.

Unexpected: b00ty turned repeatedly to tight end Fred Davis, who caught nine passes, two for touchdowns.

Davis has always been a weapon, though (some say) an underutilized one, so his emergence in such grand fashion came as a surprise. His 124 yards receiving were the most ever in a game by a Trojans tight end.

Stepped up: Davis had a career performance, but Patrick Turner's comeback from his Nebraska effort was a key for the Trojans. Offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian got Turner involved early, mainly with short catch-and-run plays, and the junior responded with six receptions for 64 yards.

Senior tailback Chauncey Washington slipped tackles and ran over other defenders in his first start of the season, freshman Joe McKnight ran well in his first extended playing time and sixth-year senior Hershel Dennis impressed in his first action since 2004.

Defensive end Lawrence Jackson had two sacks, end Kyle Moore intercepted another pass and linebacker Keith Rivers' 14 tackles were the most by a USC player since Lofa Tatupu had 14 against Oregon State in 2003.

Stepped back: Tailback C.J. Gable started against Nebraska and averaged 17 yards a carry, but he got only one carry against Washington State and gained six yards. "He didn't get his chances," Coach Pete Carroll said.

Tailback Stafon Johnson, who gained 144 yards in 11 carries against Nebraska, found the going tougher against Washington State, running for 48 yards in nine carries.

Asked if Washington would start again at tailback against Washington, Carroll said, "I don't know. We'll figure it out during the week."

Coach's quote: Carroll: "We made good progress. We've started to kind of balance out and everybody is getting involved. We're starting to figure our guys out a little bit."

Carroll, however, remains displeased with USC's minus-.67 turnover margin, which ranks 89th nationally.

"It hasn't factored in yet, but it will," he said.

Injury report: Cornerback Cary Harris is expected to sit out a few weeks because of a dislocated right shoulder, Carroll said. Sophomore Shareece Wright will start in his place.

Linebacker Brian Cushing came back from an ankle sprain that forced him to sit out most of the opener against Idaho and limited him to only a few snaps against Nebraska. But Cushing reinjured the ankle against Washington State.

Cornerback and kick returner Vincent Joseph is expected to return this week.

Fast forward

Looking ahead to the game vs. Washington

(Saturday, Husky Stadium, Seattle, 5 p.m., Ch. 7)

First look: The Huskies lost to Ohio State and UCLA after starting the season with victories over Syracuse and Boise State.

Washington lost to the Bruins, 44-31, but Carroll is impressed with Huskies quarterback Jake Locker, a redshirt freshman.

"He's as good a prospect as we've seen in our conference in a long time," Carroll said.

Topic of the week: Harris' injury puts Wright in the starting lineup and gives safety/cornerback Mozique McCurtis a bigger role in the rotation.

The cornerback shuffle caused Carroll to play freshman safety Marshall Jones against Washington State, burning Jones' redshirt year.

Season log (3-0)

Idaho (1-3); Won, 38-10.

at then-No. 14 Nebraska (3-1); Won, 49-31.

Washington State (2-2, 0-1 in Pac-10); Won, 47-14: Cougars thought they might be on Brink of a breakthrough but Trojans defense would not cooperate.

Saturday at Washington (2-2, 0-1): Huskies' difficult early schedule continues when top-ranked Trojans come to town.

Oct. 6: Stanford (1-2, 0-2)

Oct. 13: Arizona (1-3, 0-1)

Oct. 20: at Notre Dame (0-4)

Oct. 27: at Oregon (4-0, 1-0)

Nov. 3: Oregon State (2-2, 0-1)

Nov. 10: at California (4-0, 1-0)

Nov. 22: at Arizona State (4-0, 1-0)

Dec. 1: UCLA (3-1, 2-0)
 10 years ago '04        #259
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
pete carroll must lose alot of sleep at night trying to figure out which running back he wants to start each week
 09-25-2007, 01:36 AM         #260
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On the subject of the recent "popular" offensive Trojan draft picks.......in the league....

Matt Leinart: I think him being benched for now is a good look and necessary......I think it will ground him in the fact he can lose his starting spot and he has to rise to the occasion to be great....

Reggie Bush: I think being a full time back will now give him the time he needs to "put up or shut up". Hes been crowned out the gate in the league and now hes in a spot light to where he has to perform to live up o his larger than life hype.......hope he does well....

LenDale White: I always said he has the better potential for the NFL between him and Reggie...He's just a big physical powerhouse back......regardless of his size because lets not forget Jerome Bettis and Jamal Lewis are built in the same fashion......Nonetheless I think By The End of This Year he'll have sent a message to the teams that passed on him (shame on the Steelers)....He's Got his chance and I think he's in a position to impress...

Dwayne Jarrett: Just aint crackin the lineup to see any PT I guess.......shame.......a waste of talent as far as I'm concerned......He'll Be alright tho.....

Steve Smith: Dont Know WHat The Giants are doin with him right now....

Last edited by -Scar-; 09-25-2007 at 01:39 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
111 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy