The Official USC Trojans Thread

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Wins?
Ohio State 10 24.39%
Southern California 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 04-16-2007, 09:26 PM         #1
46277 pageviews
1306 comments

-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Official USC Trojans Thread

Anyway, I'll prop whoever contributes (with a source) even if you ain't a fan. So with that said, right now I'm feeling pretty good. We're in a great position as far as reloading the football and basketball programs (with or without Nick).

We're starting out #1 in football. J.D. b00ty is in Heisman conversations. Bye DJ, SS, Ryan and Dallas R.I.P. Mario Danelo. We had a break out year in basketball under our second year coach. We got O.J. (in basketball) and Joe (I'm still pissed). Things are looking up for us. But ay,

pm me if you post something and I forget to prop. peace.

Last edited by -Scar-; 12-10-2008 at 06:59 PM..

1306 comments for "The Official USC Trojans Thread"

04-16-2007, 09:33 PM         #2
Mr. Magic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea we got OJ, but have you heard about Davon Jefferson, son is a beast 6'8 240 him and taj gibson are gona be a problem in the post

football looks great, i went to a scrimmage the other day and mark sanchez looked good but our freshman Qb looked better the future doesnt look bright for sanchez
 04-16-2007, 09:57 PM         #3
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr. Magic said:
yea we got OJ, but have you heard about Davon Jefferson, son is a beast 6'8 240 him and taj gibson are gona be a problem in the post

football looks great, i went to a scrimmage the other day and mark sanchez looked good but our freshman Qb looked better the future doesnt look bright for sanchez
Nah, didn't hear about Davon. Hope he doesn't slow us down tho. I like the uptempo style we ran. But which freshman are you talking about? It's a shame Mark has been on ice so long. If might bounce to another school. What's Ausberry lookin like?

Last edited by -Scar-; 04-16-2007 at 10:01 PM..
 11 years ago '07        #4
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
Nick Young is WET! but too bad hes leaving hopefully pruitt stays so he can slide over to his natural position
 04-16-2007, 11:53 PM         #5
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, I'm sorta upset he left.
 04-17-2007, 12:02 AM         #6
adizzle69696969  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm goin to USC next year...it's about to be so tight!!!!!
 04-17-2007, 12:12 AM         #7
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 adizzle69696969 said:
I'm goin to USC next year...it's about to be so tight!!!!!
Hell yeah! what you going for? and will you still be a huskies fan as I see in your sig?
 11 years ago '04        #8
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
I Ain't a fan of USC but it's hard not to catch a game when they play and admire what they've done in the past 5 years. So i'll be around here sometimes....
 04-17-2007, 01:09 AM         #9
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cap Peeler said:
I Ain't a fan of USC but it's hard not to catch a game when they play and admire what they've done in the past 5 years. So i'll be around here sometimes....
Preciate it.Yeah feelings mutual. I can't help but see Miami in the running all the time. It's crazy. The players that come out usually do pretty well in the pro's so I can't help but respect a winning tradition at the least.I think at one point y'all had three or four running backs that went on to start in the league. Whew! I was just talkin bout that the other day with an old head.
 04-17-2007, 01:00 PM         #10
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
USC is coming off an 11-2 season, capped with a victory over Michigan in the Rose Bowl, and a #4 ranking in the polls. It marked Troy's 5th consecutive 11 win season and a Top 4 finish, as the Trojans won an unprecedented 5th Pac-10 title in a row and appeared in an unprecedented 5th straight BCS bowl game. USC has won 33 consecutive home games. 18 starters (7 offense, 10 defense, 1 kicker) return from that 2006 team. Head Coach Pete Carroll, the nation's winningest active coach, sports a 65-12 (84.4%) record in his 6 years at USC. In all, 7 of USC's 2007 opponents played in bowl games this past season. 2007 Schedule // Sept. 1 - Idaho / Sept. 15 - at NEBRASKA / Sept. 22 - Washington St. / Sept. 29 - at WASHINGTON / Oct. 6 - Stanford / Oct. 13 - Arizona / Oct. 20 - at NOTRE DAME / Oct. 27 - at OREGON / Nov. 3 - Oregon St. / Nov. 10 - at CALIFORNIA / Nov. 22 - at ARIZONA ST. / Dec. 1 - UCLA Scout.com
 11 years ago '05        #11
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,061 | Props total: 6960 6960
O.J. Mayo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 11 years ago '04        #12
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Well... i might as well use my rivals account to provide you USC fans info about your team....

April 17, 2007

Gerard Martinez
USCFootball.com Senior Analyst

Related Links:
Video: David WatsonScrimmage RecapSpring Ball Central

Talk about it in The Peristyle
Sophomore wide receiver Travon Patterson may be small in stature, but his playmaking ability garners no such description.

[pic - click to view]

GM
Travon Patterson has returned two punts for scores the last two weeks
Patterson, who ran a 10.44 100-meter time at Long Beach Poly as a high school senior, is a big play threat each and every time he touches the football. The final two weeks of spring training exemplified that.

Patterson had four receptions for 76 yards, scoring three touchdowns in the Trojans' spring game at the Coliseum two weeks ago.

Last Saturday, the 5-foot-9, 180-pound sophomore followed that performance up with three receptions for 122 yards and one touchdown. He also scored on a punt return for the second straight scrimmage.

Patterson's eruption of highlight plays wasn't planned.

"It was something that just happened," said Patterson. "I got into the rhythm of the game and made plays. I realized that I had to start competing harder. The coaches had been telling me that, so that's what I did."

Reflecting on his crescendo during spring football, two plays stood out to Patterson the most.

"I liked the way I returned that punt in the Trojan Huddle," said Patterson. "That was a nice play, and so was that pass play in [the last] scrimmage.

"That was a zombie route that allowed me to show off my elusiveness in the open field. It was a highlight play for the fans and it lets them know I can bring some excitement back to the Coliseum."

Breaking into the open field and down the left sideline, Patterson's highlight reception was abruptly ended by 6-foot-4, 230-pound sophomore free safety Taylor Mays. Catching Patterson from behind, Mays swooped in unexpectedly for the touchdown saving tackle.

"Man, I don't know how that happened," said Patterson. "I wasn't really paying attention to where Taylor was and he caught me. Taylor is fast though.

"He ran 10.4 himself in high school, so I can't knock him for making that play. It wasn't like he was lucky tackling me on that play."

This offseason, Patterson focused on football for the first time in four years. Instead of running track, the receiver spent January and February working in the weight room.

Now sporting a 305-pound bench press, his hard work paid off.

"Coming into this spring I knew I had to gain some weight," said Patterson. "After last season, I hit the weight room and picked up about 15-pounds. I got heavier, but I also got my strength up too.

"When it came time to practice, I just showed everyone what I had. I used my explosiveness and I competed by [butt] off. I feel like I accomplished a lot."

Patterson will now prepare himself for fall. Having finished spring ball strong, he feels confident about competing for a spot in the starting rotation next season.

"I feel like I've set myself up well," said Patterson about fall camp. "The season hasn't started, and we've got camp and workouts ahead. There's still a lot of time for me to keep competing and win a starting job.

"That's my goal. I've got to continue to get stronger and get healthy. I'm battling injuries right now, so I'm looking forward to some time off.

"I've got a hamstring injury, a groin injury and an ankle injury – all on the same leg. Once I get healthy again, I can work on my strength and get back to speed. That will improve my explosiveness even more."
 11 years ago '04        #13
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 14, 2007

Ryan Abraham
USCFootball.com Publisher

Related Links:
Stanley Havili InterviewCoach John Morton interviewGettingNoticed

Talk about it in The Peristyle
The final practice of the spring occurred Saturday afternoon on Howard Jones Field.

GM
Sanchez throws a touchdown in Saturday's scrimmage
The modified 64-play scrimmage was run in full pads under sunny LA skies. Depleted numbers at tailback and in the secondary aside, it was great competitive display and fitting end to the spring session.

The scrimmage was supposed to be closed, but throngs of fans lined the sidelines watching the offense and defense go at it. Combined with the Swim with Mike crowd, it made campus extra busy, especially for a Saturday afternoon.

Several recruits were there including Maurice Simmons, Marquis Simmons, Brendan Beal, Ethan Johnson and Brice Butler.

The scrimmage started with the first team kickoff unit taking the field. David Buehler's kicks went deep, even as he kicked from the 30-yard line.

Starters on offense included right to left on the line Drew Radovich, Tiny Malu, Nick Howell, Chilo Rachal and Sam Baker. Fred Davis was at tight end, John David b00ty at quarterback and Patrick Turner, David Ausberry and Travon Patterson at receiver. Chauncey Washington was at tailback and Stanley Havili at fullback.

On defense Lawrence Jackson, Kyle Moore, Sedrick Ellis and Alex Parsons were on the line, Keith Rivers, Rey Maualuga and Thomas Williams at linebacker. Shareece Wright and Cary Harris started at cornerback while Taylor Mays and Chase McWhorter were the safeties.

McWhorter started because Mozique McCurtis did not attend the scrimmage.

Drive 1 - 1st offense vs. 1st defense

The first drive by b00ty was a bit of a grind, squeezing out a couple of first downs before failing to convert on 3rd down. Washington contributed with a nice run and b00ty ran a quarterback sneak on 4th and short. Maualuga put a big stick on Washington and Harris nearly picked off b00ty on the final play of the drive.

Drive 2 – 2nd offense vs. 2nd defense

This was a short drive of one play. Mark Sanchez's pass was tipped by the defensive line and Williams was right there to pick the ball off. Hershel Dennis started for the 2nd string offense at tailback.

Drive 3 - 1st offense vs. 1st defense

Another quick drive with b00ty finding Davis over the middle for a touchdown on the first play.

Drive 4 – 2nd offense vs. 2nd defense

Dennis went off on this drive, starting with a great cutback run for a huge gain. Washington had an impressive run up the middle followed by a Dennis swing pass. Dennis had an impressive start, but limped off the field after that pass and later wrapped his left calf in ice.

A pass interference call later set up a short Washington touchdown run.

Drive 5 - 1st offense vs. 1st defense

This drive got off to a great start when Turner made a one handed grab of a screen pass and took it all the way up the left sideline. Maualuga eventually caught him around 40 yards downfield. Harris was close to another pick but couldn't haul it in. On the next play Washington took a draw up the middle for a touchdown.

Drive 6 – 2nd offense vs. 2nd defense

With Dennis out, Havili took over at tailback and Radovich took some snaps at center on this drive. Sanchez completed a few passes including a 20-yarder to Brad Walker on 3rd and long. Havili grinded out a nice run but fumbled on the next play.

Drive 7 - 1st offense vs. 1st defense

Now in the two minute drill b00ty came out in the shotgun but was immediately sacked by Moore. The drive stalled, 3 and out.

Drive 8 – 2nd offense vs. 2nd defense

GM
Havili had over 100-yards rushing Saturday
Also in the two minute drill and this one went nowhere. Patterson dropped a slant pass and was blown up anyway by Alfred Rowe. The drive ended and halftime began.

The first team kickoff return guys were Wright and Harris with Averell Spicer and Butch Lewis as the up men.

Drive 9 - 1st offense vs. 1st defense

Sanchez came out as the starting QB as b00ty was done for the day. An offensive penalty cancelled out a 1st down reception by Davis. But Patterson took a short screen pass and weaved his way through the defense. He broke free and was in the open sprinting down the field until he was remarkably caught from behind by Mays. Nevertheless, it was around a 65-yard gain. The drive ended with Sanchez finding Turner right on the sideline in the endzone for the score.

Drive 10 – 2nd offense vs. 2nd defense

Michael McDonald took over but the drive went three and out.

The first unit punt return team took the field and Patterson took a short punt and returned it for a touchdown. He did the exact same thing during the Trojan Huddle. Wright was the 2nd team return man.

Drive 11 - 1st offense vs. 1st defense

Another short drive, but this one ended with points. It started off with a deep pass perfectly thrown to Patterson, again with Mays making the tackle and saving the touchdown. But the save was short lived, with Patterson catching another pass over the middle on the next play. Rivers tried to make the stop, but Patterson reached the ball across the goalline for the touchdown.

Drive 12 – 2nd offense vs. 2nd defense

Garrett Green ran this drive, starting with a good rollout to Ausberry. Havili took over, running with authority and dragging bodies behind him. The drive stalled at the 24-yard line and Buehler's field goal attempt was punched to the left, no good.

Drive 13 - reserves

Duron Sylvester at quarterback for this final drive. Havili again stole the show, busting tackles on a punishing run that went around 55-yards. Havili refused to go down and really showed a gutsy running style.

Key Stats:

Washington 9 rushes, 48 yards and two touchdowns.
Havili 12 rushes, 110 yards and a touchdown.

Sanchez 11 of 16 for 231 yards and two touchdowns and one interception.
b00ty 3 of 7 for 88 yards, and a touchdown.

Patterson 3 catches, 122 yards and a touchdown.
Turner 3 catches, 77 yards and a touchdown.

Thomas Williams led the team with 4 tackles, 1 for a loss and one pick.
 04-18-2007, 02:15 AM         #14
adizzle69696969  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Simba said:
Hell yeah! what you going for? and will you still be a huskies fan as I see in your sig?
well unfortunately im gonna have to give up my huskies after 18 years...it'll be all about the trojans for at least the next 4 years!!!
 04-18-2007, 04:10 AM         #15
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Must spread rep first. Yeah, b00ty is gonna be great this year. Last year if showed me alot cuz quite a few hands came down to the wire and if pulled em out. Only ones if didn't were barely losses. And they ended on the last play me the game. He's got the arm and the will to drive us. If put up considerable numbers compared to Leinart's first year at the helm.
 04-18-2007, 04:24 AM         #16
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djnovafresh said:
I no USC fan but i will be a fan of the basketball time this up coming year!!! Ya'll got one protege coming to play for ya'll this year his name is Marcus Simmons one the best defenders at the guard position dude is 6'5 and a beast locks down anybody and there momma he can also score but he loves to play defense. So it will be good to watch him next year him and Mayo causing havoc on opp. Marcus is a "Warhorse" and we pride ourselves on in your face defense and hustle.
Is he from your neck of the woods? I mean like y'all went to the same school?
 04-18-2007, 04:38 AM         #17
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tony_Romo_God said:
you guys became a joke once u signed lil romeo
Eh...Call it what you want but the boy can ball. If anybody remembers, his dad used to play college ball for the University of Houston. We'll see is all I can say to you.
 11 years ago '04        #18
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 Tony_Romo_God said:
you guys became a joke once u signed lil romeo

or when Pete Carroll brought Snoop Dogg to a practice... or when Carroll had a swimming race with Will Ferrell

naw im fukin around Pete Carrols that n*gga and he knows he got it made in LA
 04-18-2007, 01:35 PM         #19
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Preeeeaaach
 11 years ago '05        #20
SlickNick 
space
space
$1,783 | Props total: 793 793
And yall got Lil romeo:D :D
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy