Apr 16 - Keyshia Cole exposed (vocally) at Easter Performance (audio inside)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #1
8867 pageviews
59 comments

Santo 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,135 | Props total: 1 1
Apr 16 - Keyshia Cole exposed (vocally) at Easter Performance (audio inside)

The stage was foreign to R&B singer Keyshia Cole on the morning of Resurrection Sunday at the City of Refuge Church. After being informed that she was present, the Pastor, Bishop Noel Jones, invited her to participate in a mini-concert of sorts. Cole was the last of the plentiful talent asked to perform impromptu at the 11:00 a.m. service (including gospel group The Singletons and Olie Woodson of the Temptations) at the Gardena, CA sanctuary. Both the congregation’s reception of the singer and her delivery were unexpected. The situation was awkward before she sang a note. In addition to the Bishop mistakenly introducing her with the wrong first name, she had a “wardrobe malfunction” that she was not aware of. Wearing a short dress with thin straps, apparently Cole bore more skin than was deemed appropriate for the church. When a female member of the church attempted to cover her with a shawl, the back of her dress was accidentally lifted. According to witnesses in the choir stand, Cole’s backside was exposed. The woman a.ssisting Cole managed to cover her rear just before she stepped out to sing.

She reintroduced herself as a recording artist and asked everyone to pray that she keeps the faith to sing the right messages to the yourg women she reaches with her music. Without pause she broke into an undigestable version of “His Eye Is on the Sparrow" which got progressively worse each time she tried to make adjustments. The audience was restless. “Take your time,” one random voice from the packed to the brim sanctuary in Gardena, CA chimed. “You can do it Keyshia!” called another. Unable to find the correct key, her vocals were shaky, out of tune and far from the quality of “Love,” her first mega hit that showcases her as an able vocalist. At one point she stopped to clear her throat and apologized to the audience. The musicians chased after her to find the right key and couldn't as she barely finished one verse in an shapeless a capella.

Performing to sold out venues as a concert headliner and as the star of her on reality show on BET: “KEYSHIA COLE: THE WAY IT IS” Cole is accustomed to being in control and perhaps is most comfortable when she has had time to prepare. Giving up in middle of the verse she apologized and lingered for a moment before she was ushered off the stage as the filled-to-the-brim audience looked on, applauding lightly. Cole had been offered an opportunity to sing at the church the week before Easter and did not accept. As if he were a mind-reader, Jones chided those in the audience who were judging the singer's appearance. He said he knew what he was doing and hoped some of the power and anointing that preceded her performance would impact her for the next time she took to the stage. She was too embarrassed to remain in the service. Allegedly, Cole’s manager asked the bishop not to run her performance on the national broadcast of the service, “Fresh Oil” which airs on BET.

WRITER'S NOTE: While I commend Ms. Cole for having the courage to take a chance and perform completely outside of her element, she should be aware of African American church culture: being placed on the spot in many African American Church or at minimum being acknowledged to stand is the norm. Since so many African American singers got their start in the church, there is an a.ssumption that you would render a selection to "give back," if you will. I encourage Ms. Cole to return to the house of worship of her choice and never let the imperfections of man stand between her and the loving embrace of God. In the words of Christ, she should pull from the tough as nails strength that has enabled her to overcome personal obstacles and as Christ said as he hung on the Cross, “Forgive them for they know not what they do.”

[pic - click to view]

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur32844.cfm

Audio -
[pic - click to view]

http://www.zshare.net/aud .. acole-mp3.html

59 comments for "Apr 16 - Keyshia Cole exposed (vocally) at Easter Performance (audio inside)"

11 years ago '06        #2
Boondocks 
space
space
$1,153 | Props total: 6 6
*waits for offical dipset remix*
 04-16-2007, 02:34 PM         #3
trice26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
was just nervous i think, that girl can sing, ya'll know it
 04-16-2007, 02:42 PM         #4
Jwalkin23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
EXPOSED.

next up

T-pain
 04-16-2007, 02:44 PM         #5
Lemmeknow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Keyshia Cole isn't one of these R&B superstars who aren't talented and relied on looks. If anything, I'm sure it was just a bad day or her voice wore out! Cause everyone knows that Keyshia can tear it down.
 11 years ago '06        #6
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
 trice26 said:
was just nervous i think, that girl can sing, ya'll know it
u jokin right? if she was on american idol, she woulda been off the first day
 11 years ago '05        #7
Dew215 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,389 | Props total: 0 0
i only heard the beginning...but dat sh*t sounded ok..nerves...nowhere as bad as the article made it sound.
 04-16-2007, 03:04 PM         #8
SignalSoldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
add Sierra, Ashanti, Usher and a several more talentless artist who get buy on studio magic and looks.
 04-16-2007, 03:04 PM         #9
i r b y n 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jwalkin23 said:
next up

T-pain
Hasn't T-Pain been exposed?

I remember hearing dude on Showtime at the Apollo... terrible.

I haven't heard this clip yet, but I have heard Keyshia sing acapellas before.. she CAN sing.
 11 years ago '04        #10
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 0 0
Damn i gotta go to a Keyshia Cole show.........
 11 years ago '04        #11
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 rhymespitter84 said:

it was ok, wasnt as terrible as the headline made it sound.....man imma stop clickin on these "shock headlines" in a few....
^^^^^

She was kinda shakey on some of the high notes, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting from the description

She was prolly half asleep and not ready to get up and sing on the spot like that, or some sh*t (not tryin to defend her haha)
 04-16-2007, 03:20 PM         #12
shawnipo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well actually im not surprised only because i seen her perform live at 100.3 the beats summer jam ....... high notes really dont work for her....ppl in the crowd were like wtf and wth is that singin....but u kno things happens
 04-16-2007, 03:29 PM         #13
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She is a GRUNTING SINGER not an actual singer like Christina Aguilera or other people like that, that chick SHAREEEFA is the same type of singer Keisha cole is.
 11 years ago '04        #14
TrackMagic 
space
space
$3,928 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k how she was singing i wanna see wtf she had on shiit!
 11 years ago '05        #15
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,702 | Props total: 130 130
 TrackMagic said:
fu*k how she was singing i wanna see wtf she had on shiit!

Foreal.
 11 years ago '04        #16
jtgodson 
space
space
$216 | Props total: 0 0
didnt sound so good. but she still looks like pinky to me.
 04-16-2007, 03:56 PM         #17
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jtgodson said:
didnt sound so good. but she still looks like pinky to me.
, yup, always had a suspicion Keyshia was an undercover Pinky
 11 years ago '04        #18
namean 
space
space
space
$1,482 | Props total: 0 0
is it me, or does Keyshia Cole kinda sound like Lauryn Hill?
 04-16-2007, 04:23 PM         #19
music29child 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Keyshia Cole rarely sings, she screams. And its not like she's screamin out high notes, she be screamin Middle C.

She's definetly got talent, and bad performances happen to the best of them, but vocally she's just reckless
 11 years ago '04        #20
IceMan 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 1 1
she proved her skills on bet and mtv live..so this aint nothing....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
152 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now