Apr 16 - Breaking News:University Shooting, Atleast One Dead At VT

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
35 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #821
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 Javon23 said:
yup and you know why?
look at the enrollent of african americans at non black schools
not easy to get in and truthfully most only get in because the school needs to keep certain amount to cover their quota so they can continue to be state funded.
if u meet the acceptance requirements then why wont u get into non HBCU's???

like ive said...i live in a predominantly black neighborhood and most parents do a horrible job raising their kids...most kids go to school and dont do sh*t....if someone doesnt want to learn u cant make them learn....no one is holding anyone back
 11 years ago '05        #822
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Javon23 said:
let me get this straight
your saying theres nothing wrong with the system
i dunno what im talking about
i have equal opportunity in the US today
give me your answer
and ill back off this topic.
im curious to know
lemme get this straight....u think there is something wrong with paying for someone who is smart AND HAS EARNED IT TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR FREE?
 11 years ago '04        #823
Thangstah 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,379 | Props total: 87 87
 currybai said:
You're an idiot but it's not your fault because you don't read any social science books or maybe even think independently. But what you need to do is to read books and not just conviently say whatever you said. I stress it again, please go educate yourself before saying something as stupid as that.
i feel bad for mkain this topic into something of a race issue or w/e
but im sorry i mustve missed a point

how am i an idiot for saying if u goto jail or drop out of school...that that isnt your own doing?

yea...you might've grown up in a bad neighborhood..had a fu*ked up childhood...but how does that justify livin a life that doesnt get you anywhere

tell me im interested which kind of books will help me understand this better
 11 years ago '04        #824
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,352 | Props total: 8454 8454
 Sheeed said:
lemme get this straight....u think there is something wrong with paying for someone who is smart AND HAS EARNED IT TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR FREE?
that question deserves no answer
don't change my quotes or my words
i didnt say that at all
 11 years ago '04        #825
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 Sheeed said:
thanks for an answer
can't answer the question huh
 11 years ago '06        #826
illmatic1085 
space
space
space
$363 | Props total: 0 0
Why are we talking about this? It ain't even about asians vs. blacks. On a deeper level its about Foreigners vs. Americans.

Black people were once slaves...Do you think they lived life with your attitude? If they had your attitude there would still be slavery. Fact of the matter is African-americans came a long way and then quit pushing forward.

If you live in the hood, then you know why n*ggas ain't successful in life. Everybody is comfortable, and they make excuses for their lack of success by saying "the world don't want to see me succeed."

32 college students were k!lled yesterday.
 11 years ago '05        #827
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Javon23 said:
thanks for an answer
can't answer the question huh
if u were referring to what i just asked then no i dont see anything wrong with it....
 11 years ago '05        #828
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 illmatic1085 said:
Why are we talking about this? It ain't even about asians vs. blacks. On a deeper level its about Foreigners vs. Americans.

Black people were once slaves...Do you think they lived life with your attitude? If they had your attitude there would still be slavery. Fact of the matter is African-americans came a long way and then quit pushing forward.

If you live in the hood, then you know why n*ggas ain't successful in life. Everybody is comfortable, and they make excuses for their lack of success by saying "the world don't want to see me succeed."

32 college students were k!lled yesterday.
exactly here in jerzee there are many capable and intelligent black ppl who would rather just smoke weed and not do much than get a good education
 11 years ago '04        #829
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 Sheeed said:
if u meet the acceptance requirements then why wont u get into non HBCU's???

like ive said...i live in a predominantly black neighborhood and most parents do a horrible job raising their kids...most kids go to school and dont do sh*t....if someone doesnt want to learn u cant make them learn....no one is holding anyone back
tell that to everyone else
again i say its not easy for african american to get in to a white school
compared to white people and foriegners. we are pushed to the back of the line
i was fortunate to transfer from a HBCU school to the University of Akron that has some of the best programs in the nation. fortunate enough to have a good supporting family that help me get there. and for the most part for blacks we gotta learn and know the system. opportunity is there but we basically gotta ram our way in there because in general they dont want or care to have us there. realtalk.
 04-17-2007, 11:03 PM         #830
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thangstah said:
i feel bad for mkain this topic into something of a race issue or w/e
but im sorry i mustve missed a point

how am i an idiot for saying if u goto jail or drop out of school...that that isnt your own doing?

yea...you might've grown up in a bad neighborhood..had a fu*ked up childhood...but how does that justify livin a life that doesnt get you anywhere

tell me im interested which kind of books will help me understand this better
Pick up any intro sociology class books, then from there proceed to ethnographies on urban settings. What you're saying is like your bigotry being shown through your poor rationalization of why things are they are in society. I'm not romanticizing any criminals or any one who are fu*ked up but you got to look at society as a whole and how it just fu*ked it all up for the black person. You can believe what you want but try to be more open in terms of understanding things from a different perspective instead of what you see.
 11 years ago '04        #831
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 Sheeed said:
i asked you a simple question
which you advoided coming back in return asking me a question
soft move right there

anyway back to the original thread topic please
 04-17-2007, 11:07 PM         #832
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sheeed said:
its not bullsh*t international students dont get govt aid for college look it up...dont gimme that society bullsh*t...ive seen many kids fu*k thier lives up simply because they wont open books....dont gimme that garbage

Okay I guess I wasn't clear in what you meant by foreigner. So since you cleared it up by saying international student, I know they don't get no aid and the tuition is a lot higher but trust me, they got money and they dont need no financial aid. Bullsh*t? How is it bullsh*t? Do you even read books to come to an independent conclusion? Or for your own convinence, do you just look at things and come to a conclusion? I used to think its fu*kin bullsh*t too but trust my dude, society is set up in a way where blacks are just waiting to be fu*ked
 11 years ago '05        #833
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Javon23 said:
i was fortunate to transfer from a HBCU school to the University of Akron that has some of the best programs in the nation. fortunate enough to have a good supporting family that help me get there. and for the most part for blacks we gotta learn and know the system. opportunity is there but we basically gotta ram our way in there because in general they dont want or care to have us there. realtalk.
while some of what u say is true....most blacks dont even give themselves a chance to get rejected by an admissions department at predominantly white schools....and most ppl in my family have handled their business and were able to go to predominantly white schools and do very well so i dont evne think its that much of a problem
 11 years ago '06        #834
illmatic1085 
space
space
space
$363 | Props total: 0 0
Henry Ford once said...

"Whether you think you can, or cannot, either way you are right."

Let's just leave this issue at that.
 04-17-2007, 11:09 PM         #835
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
I agree. Blacks gota work twice as hard to get respect in almost every facet of society, jsut look at corporations. If society was equal, sh*t like affirmative action wouldn't have been devised.
 11 years ago '05        #836
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 currybai said:
Okay I guess I wasn't clear in what you meant by foreigner. So since you cleared it up by saying international student, I know they don't get no aid and the tuition is a lot higher but trust me, they got money and they dont need no financial aid. Bullsh*t? How is it bullsh*t? Do you even read books to come to an independent conclusion? Or for your own convinence, do you just look at things and come to a conclusion? I used to think its fu*kin bullsh*t too but trust my dude, society is set up in a way where blacks are just waiting to be fu*ked
it is harder for a black man in society...but there is nothing preventing a black man from leading a successful life
 04-17-2007, 11:11 PM         #837
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sheeed said:
it is harder for a black man in society...but there is nothing preventing a black man from leading a successful life
^^ I agree to a certain extent because there are many things preventing blacks from leading a successful life but I just think people need to get they priorities straight.
 11 years ago '04        #838
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 Sheeed said:
while some of what u say is true....most blacks dont even give themselves a chance to get rejected by an admissions department at predominantly white schools....and most ppl in my family have handled their business and were able to go to predominantly white schools and do very well so i dont evne think its that much of a problem
i feel what you saying but its still a overall bias statement
its a shame that people let a few bad apples define a race
BET is ablack channel = dosen;t meen i watch BET which i don't
theres more good black people then there is bad. most good blacks don't have a chance to achieve.
 11 years ago '05        #839
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 currybai said:
^^ I agree to a certain extent because there are many things preventing blacks from leading a successful life but I just think people need to get they priorities straight.
maybe prevent should have been the word...but there are more obstacles for a black man...and yes...A LOT OF PPL NEED TO GET THEIR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT
 11 years ago '05        #840
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Javon23 said:
i feel what you saying but its still a overall bias statement
its a shame that people let a few bad apples define a race
BET is ablack channel = dosen;t meen i watch BET which i don't
theres more good black people then there is bad. most good blacks don't have a chance to achieve.
yes sadly most blacks are defined by a few bad apples....but that shouldnt make being successful impossible maybe harder but not impossible
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy