Apr 16 - Breaking News:University Shooting, Atleast One Dead At VT

most viewed right now
 197
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 121
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 107
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 72
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #801
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
i also kno that asian foreigners and prolly must foreigners dont recieve financial from the govt...so if they arent academic scholarship...THEY PAY EVERYTHING
 11 years ago '04        #802
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
since yall wanna take it there

Black males reported in crisis
Urban League finds AIDS, lack of jobs, crime limit potential
Associated Press

NEW YORK - Citing bleak data on incarceration, joblessness and AIDS, the National Urban League said Monday that problems facing black men represent America's most serious social crisis and proposed an aggressive campaign to provide them with more opportunities.

The 97-year-old black empowerment organization, in its annual State of Black America report, called for universal early-childhood education, more second-chance programs for school dropouts and ex-offenders, and expanded use of all-male schools emphasizing mentoring and longer class hours.

``Empowering black men to reach their full potential is the most serious economic and civil rights challenge we face today,'' said Urban League President Marc H. Morial. ``Ensuring their future is critical, not just for the African-American community, but for the prosperity, health and well-being of the entire American family.''

According to the report,African-American men are more than twice as likely to be unemployed as white males while earning 74 percent as much per year. They are nearly seven times more likely to be incarcerated, with average jail sentences about 10 months longer than those of white men, the report said.

In addition, it said, black males between 15 and 34 are nine times more likely to be k!lled by firearms and nearly eight times as likely to suffer from AIDS.

``I could rattle off the names of African-American men who have overcome the odds and have risen to national prominence,'' Morial said. ``But for all the Barack Obamas, Tony Dungys and Colin Powells out there... there are many more black men who face very limited opportunities and diminished expectations.''

``It's not enough to have role models to give them hope,'' he added. ``We need a public commitment in the form of concrete policy strategies to help lift them out of their state of underachievement and put them on equal footing with white men in this nation.''

Obama, the Illinois senator who is a contender for the Democratic presidential nomination, wrote the report's foreword.

On several key measurements, the report found greater disparities between black and white men than between black and white women.

For example, it said unemployment for black men was 9.5 percent, compared to 4 percent for white men, while the jobless rate for black women was 8.5 percent, compared to 4.1 percent for white women.

In terms of annual median income, black men earned less than 75 percent of what white men did, $34,443 vs. $46,807. Black women made 87 percent of what white women made even though they earned $5,000 less than black men -- $29,588 a year.
source:
 11 years ago '05        #803
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 Javon23 said:
awwww people catching feelings
who gives a fu*k
yall are fu*kin fools if you believe
africans american have a equal chance to succeed in life
compared to other races
im just about the only black man in each of my classes
why da fu*k is that
CUZ GO TO A WHITE a.ss SCHOOL
 11 years ago '04        #804
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
 Sheeed said:
i also kno that asian foreigners and prolly must foreigners dont recieve financial from the govt...so if they arent academic scholarship...THEY PAY EVERYTHING
and thats complete bullsh*t
 04-17-2007, 10:35 PM         #805
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thangstah said:
directed towards JAVON23
^^ man ur an fukken retard

gove funding?

wtf is government funding?

my moms had to work in a chicken tyson chicken factory since she was 18

ur an ignorant idiot

you know what hardwork is?
you know what discipline is?

haha u crack me up with government funding bullshiet let me know of some programs so i can sign up and get some money

you see mostly foreign people in higher education cause thye know the value of EDUCATION

cuz in vietnam...people still live in fu*kin huts...they dont have education
Yall boys listen to this n*gga right here. One of the only few who come with that real sh*t.
Some dudes don't understand sh*t till they in the position.
 11 years ago '04        #806
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
 Sheeed said:
CUZ GO TO A WHITE a.ss SCHOOL
oh i guess its a law that i have to go to a HBCU
get da fu*k outta here
 11 years ago '04        #807
Thangstah 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,380 | Props total: 88 88
 Javon23 said:
im just about the only black man in each of my classes
why da fu*k is that
why is that im the only asian guy in my classes in my school while 80% of my classmates are black?

that article u posted noted schooldropouts and incarceration

those are all SELF-INFLICTED

no one to blame but themselves
 04-17-2007, 10:40 PM         #808
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sheeed said:
i also kno that asian foreigners and prolly must foreigners dont recieve financial from the govt...so if they arent academic scholarship...THEY PAY EVERYTHING

thats bullsh*t cuz financial aid is based on income and most likely if you're an immigrant, your parents are probably working in some manual labor type sh*t so you gon get mad financial aid if you're an immigrant and im speaking from experience. I literally get pay to go to school. Financial aid is based on income. There's no denying that americn society has literally fu*ked up the black man's opportunities in life and it would really take a lot more determination for a black man to suceed as oppose to a white man or an asian man. Go take a sociology class! And also asians do put more emphasis on education and its obvious when you look at the education system of asian countries compared to this one.
 11 years ago '04        #809
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
 Thangstah said:
why is that im the only asian guy in my classes in my school while 80% of my classmates are black?

that article u posted noted schooldropouts and incarceration

those are all SELF-INFLICTED

no one to blame but themselves
once again
quick to single out quotes out of context
rather then read the whole article
on that note im done cause there no hope debating against you
so be it if you wanna think i have equal opportunity in the US
compared to you then so be it
 04-17-2007, 10:41 PM         #810
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thangstah said:
why is that im the only asian guy in my classes in my school while 80% of my classmates are black?

that article u posted noted schooldropouts and incarceration

those are all SELF-INFLICTED

no one to blame but themselves
You're an idiot but it's not your fault because you don't read any social science books or maybe even think independently. But what you need to do is to read books and not just conviently say whatever you said. I stress it again, please go educate yourself before saying something as stupid as that.
 11 years ago '05        #811
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 Javon23 said:
and thats complete bullsh*t
javon it really isnt....they live i went to prep school they all lived in korea and just came over for school....my boy had to pay EERYTHING just to go to carnigie mellon
 11 years ago '04        #812
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
 currybai said:
thats bullsh*t cuz financial aid is based on income and most likely if you're an immigrant, your parents are probably working in some manual labor type sh*t so you gon get mad financial aid if you're an immigrant and im speaking from experience. I literally get pay to go to school. Financial aid is based on income. There's no denying that americn society has literally fu*ked up the black man's opportunities in life and it would really take a lot more determination for a black man to suceed as oppose to a white man or an asian man. Go take a sociology class! And also asians do put more emphasis on education and its obvious when you look at the education system of asian countries compared to this one.
thank man
Exactly
thats all im saying
my odds: i have society against me
I have a degree and going for my masters
and even though i have a degree its still twice as hard for me to get a job
compared to other races.
 11 years ago '07        #813
celticsdada 
space
avatar space
space
$160 | Props total: 0 0
 Javon23 said:
awwww people catching feelings
who gives a fu*k
yall are fu*kin fools if you believe
africans american have a equal chance to succeed in life
compared to other races
im just about the only black man in each of my classes
why da fu*k is that
maybe because instead of spending time in school they spend it on the streets. sellin drugs and blame it on the gov. But a lot are bright, they play sports and become millionaire...how many Asian u see play professional sport? Can them Asian blame too ???

BUT YES AMERICA IS STILL RACIST
 11 years ago '05        #814
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 Javon23 said:
oh i guess its a law that i have to go to a HBCU
get da fu*k outta here
you dont have to go to an HBCU...but white ppl clearly outnumber blacks in this country and the education discrepancy is even larger...thats probably why u find urslef as the only black person in ur class....
 11 years ago '04        #815
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
 Sheeed said:
javon it really isnt....they live i went to prep school they all lived in korea and just came over for school....my boy had to pay EERYTHING just to go to carnigie mellon
one of my many jobs is a on campus job and for 3 years i work with plenty
foriegners and i know for a fact some get paid just to go to school
and even had foriegners ask me to help them get a job just hook them up just to keep their visa valid. college = vaild visa
 11 years ago '05        #816
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 currybai said:
thats bullsh*t cuz financial aid is based on income and most likely if you're an immigrant, your parents are probably working in some manual labor type sh*t so you gon get mad financial aid if you're an immigrant and im speaking from experience. I literally get pay to go to school. Financial aid is based on income. There's no denying that americn society has literally fu*ked up the black man's opportunities in life and it would really take a lot more determination for a black man to suceed as oppose to a white man or an asian man. Go take a sociology class! And also asians do put more emphasis on education and its obvious when you look at the education system of asian countries compared to this one.
its not bullsh*t international students dont get govt aid for college look it up...dont gimme that society bullsh*t...ive seen many kids fu*k thier lives up simply because they wont open books....dont gimme that garbage
 11 years ago '04        #817
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
 Sheeed said:
you dont have to go to an HBCU...but white ppl clearly outnumber blacks in this country and the education discrepancy is even larger...thats probably why u find urslef as the only black person in ur class....
yup and you know why?
look at the enrollent of african americans at non black schools
not easy to get in and truthfully most only get in because the school needs to keep certain amount to cover their quota so they can continue to be state funded.
 11 years ago '05        #818
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 Javon23 said:
one of my many jobs is a on campus job and for 3 years i work with plenty
foriegners and i know for a fact some get paid just to go to school
and even had foriegners ask me to help them get a job just hook them up just to keep their visa valid. college = vaild visa
direct scholarship from a school is different from govt aid....u cant get mad at them for earning that scholarship...if ur a fu*kin genius schools will pay for u to go there....how can u fault them for that?
 11 years ago '04        #819
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
 Sheeed said:
direct scholarship from a school is different from govt aid....u cant get mad at them for earning that scholarship...if ur a fu*kin genius schools will pay for u to go there....how can u fault them for that?
 11 years ago '04        #820
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
 Sheeed said:
direct scholarship from a school is different from govt aid....u cant get mad at them for earning that scholarship...if ur a fu*kin genius schools will pay for u to go there....how can u fault them for that?
let me get this straight
your saying theres nothing wrong with the system
i dunno what im talking about
i have equal opportunity in the US today
give me your answer
and ill back off this topic.
im curious to know
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 37
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy