Final Sopranos Season

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
24 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
90 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #501
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,879 | Props total: 8397 8397
chase is either brilliant or a pus*y...wats your decision?
 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM         #502
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People that don't like the ending never understood the show from the start. It was never going to be a huge mob war with guns blazing, its a family drama built around him being in the Mob..

As far as loose ends go, its the fu*kING SOPRANOS HOW MANY LOOSE ENDS ARE THERE DURING THE WHOLE fu*kING SHOW. I mean seriously, have you guys ever watched it?
 11 years ago '05        #503
BigL4Life 
space
space
$3,962 | Props total: 6 6
 Curtisimo said:
^^ Exactly

it never was just a mob series

The Sopranos was allways a psychological show way more then a gangster mob one anyway heres my take on the ending

I really think n*ggaz is overeacting to the Sopranos ending no matter how it would of ended people will still complain about it

i mean at first I was like wtf! thats it??

but after a while I got to thinking
if tony would of got clapped it would of been to obvious the cliche "gangster" movie ending
If he was just chillin with his family it feels like oh the regular happily ever after sh*t
if he gets knocked by the fed the series feels incomplete

So no matter what ending chase put in a group of people will be unsatisfied

i kind of like it cuz its like to me the whole Sopranos theme is nothing really gets resolved (from the theropist to Tony never really changing still being a hypocrite)

I think thats the point of the whole Sopranos show nobody really changes
nothing really gets resolved
obviously that is one of the reason why Sony's theropist gave up on Tony (along with the being better criminal part)

as i can read through the earlier i can see who really are fans and who are not fans of the show and just wanted to see n*ggaz get clapped
thats exactly how i felt.... i hated the ending for like 20 minutes. then i thhougt bout it.... that ending made everyone, all the people u just talked bout, wonder wat happens.... is there an fbi agent in the shop? does meadow die? does tony die? do they live happy? lots of q's and ur suppose 2 use ur brain....

the best example of this type of work is the genius mind of quentin tarintino..... pulp fiction...... 12 years later we still askin ourselves wats in that briefcase....
 11 years ago '04        #504
shookid 
space
space
space
$1,581 | Props total: 0 0
perfect example of the producers playing you for fools. if you are still wondering what was in the briefcase, its time to move on with life. i agree that any either of the options for ending the show would have left many unsatisfied. Some would want the ending to be different so Chase knew he couldnt please everyone. But to leave it like that is a straight smack to all our faces.
 06-11-2007, 08:49 PM         #505
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
I thought it was a great episode and very well done. It makes you think and it goes with the show, people wanted a blood bath (I did) and you knew that wasn't there style. It ended like it started a family eating and dealing with problems. Best person to ever come out of that show is the FBI Agent "our team is winning!!!"

It didnt start like that though, the first scene of the first show is tony chasing some guy down with his car and breaking his leg... people are saying its real life, but it aint real at all... made guys would never give up on the their don that easy like phil's crew did, it was so fu*kin hypocritical... last episode butchy and the whole crew where ready to k!ll tony and everyone he was involved with and all of a suddent their backing down and going against phil because he hung up him? gimme a break that sh*t would never happen in mafia... it seemed to me like the mafia was the backdrop to the show for the last 3 seasons and all of sudden in the second to last episode david chase decided to pop some people.. so of course people are gonna anticipate a blood bath in the last episode, but in reality the show has sucked since the 3rd season, since they k!lled pus*y it hasn t been the same.. it just got absolutely ridiculous
 06-11-2007, 08:55 PM         #506
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BigL4Life said:
thats exactly how i felt.... i hated the ending for like 20 minutes. then i thhougt bout it.... that ending made everyone, all the people u just talked bout, wonder wat happens.... is there an fbi agent in the shop? does meadow die? does tony die? do they live happy? lots of q's and ur suppose 2 use ur brain....

the best example of this type of work is the genius mind of quentin tarintino..... pulp fiction...... 12 years later we still askin ourselves wats in that briefcase....
yea but ur first reaction after watching pulp fiction isnt I wonder whats in the briefcase... Its that was a good fu*kin movie and u wanna watch it again... i havent talked to one person who said that was a fantastic episode and i want to watch it again... Everybodys saying what the fu*k kinda ending is that... to tell the truth i woulda been more satisfied if they woulda just ended it with them in the shop, at least i woulda known visually what happened it is tv for that matter... if i wanna use my imagination ill read a book
 11 years ago '06        #507
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
^the thing with meadow and carmella doesn't mean that the show isn't based around the mafia... there has been plenty fo graphic violence in the show and plenty of girls arguing in the show...
 11 years ago '04        #508
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,601 | Props total: 4051 4051
 BROOKLYNSTANDUP said:
It didnt start like that though, the first scene of the first show is tony chasing some guy down with his car and breaking his leg... people are saying its real life, but it aint real at all... made guys would never give up on the their don that easy like phil's crew did, it was so fu*kin hypocritical... last episode butchy and the whole crew where ready to k!ll tony and everyone he was involved with and all of a suddent their backing down and going against phil because he hung up him? gimme a break that sh*t would never happen in mafia... it seemed to me like the mafia was the backdrop to the show for the last 3 seasons and all of sudden in the second to last episode david chase decided to pop some people.. so of course people are gonna anticipate a blood bath in the last episode, but in reality the show has sucked since the 3rd season, since they k!lled pus*y it hasn t been the same.. it just got absolutely ridiculous
They werent backin Phil anymore because Tony was gunning for them NOBODY makes money in a war (except Bush) you see how light the envelopes were ? Everytime i watch the episode i like it more and more .

Did you guys want the Russian to run through the front door and spray everyone ?:rolleyes:

Tell me what Chase should have done ? To you people sayin the show has sucked since blah blah blah is Tony next to you with a gun to your head ?

The real crime is how HBO treated the BEST show they will ever have , promoing all of these crap shows instead of showing The Sopranos the proper respect they deserve ,they wont see a nickel from the A&E syndication they pay all of there actors sh*t , they should be backing up the Brinks truck for these guys . HBO is the real mafia .
 11 years ago '04        #509
Menace718 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,611 | Props total: 722 722
My one problem was that it cut to black. Whether Tony was offed, taken by the feds,whether a family member was hit, or even if they lived through that scene i needed some closure. Some people bi*ch the seasons recently werent good but i had no problems with that really, jus a bad ending to a show i've been watching 8 years. If they were to live through it at the end, i would have jus liked Meadow to sit down and show them eating and have it fade out, at least i would have known what happened....
 06-11-2007, 11:11 PM         #510
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the ending was gangster. everyone and there mother is second guessing chase, talking about the ending today. and thats why chase is brilliant. to me, tony is sittin at the ice cream shop continuing to be careful/paranoid. he seems somewhat happy/relieved that he is eating in a simple restaurant with his real family. the war is over. the whole scene with uncle jun and 'this thing of ours' and the tears in tonys eyes...hes finally realizing what life is all about and how short it can be. i think he finally figured out that his real blood family is the one that is the most important, no matter how much they get on his nerves. and the whole indictment thing is weighing on his shoulders...and hes already beaten/gone through so much and came such a long way...so dont stop believing, which is why he chose that song.. maybe tony can get through all this sh*t.

i can see why some of you didnt like the episode, but re watch it. what they did with the cat and all...brilliant writing. my sister and i talked about this earlier today and she mentioned that the cat could symbolize adrianna instead of chris.

well what do you guys think? ive been thinking about this episode all day, which is what i think chase was going for.

Last edited by ill800; 06-11-2007 at 11:17 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #511
space
space
Don't Stop Believin' Lyrics
- Journey

Just a small town girl
Living in a lonely world
She took the midnight train going anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train going anywhere

A singer in a smoky room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

{Refrain}
Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Paying anything to roll the dice
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

{Refrain}

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling
Streetlight people
 11 years ago '05        #512
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
worst fu*kin episode ever.....sopranos went down hill ever since 5th season and now it that had to end one of da best shows ever like that....they just fu*ked da show up
 11 years ago '04        #513
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
For those who have a Sopranos IQ of zero here is Chase's quote

Chase said he would leave it to fans to interpret the show's last scene for themselves.

"I have no interest in explaining, defending, reinterpreting, or adding to what is there,"

basically he is saying if your a fan youll get it .
 06-12-2007, 12:15 PM         #514
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fameus said:
For those who have a Sopranos IQ of zero here is Chase's quote

Chase said he would leave it to fans to interpret the show's last scene for themselves.

"I have no interest in explaining, defending, reinterpreting, or adding to what is there,"

basically he is saying if your a fan youll get it .
dont know how u could have a picture of a real mafia epic in ur avy and still defend this show and ending... people who have supported this show on tv and radio are turning their backs because they know its just a stupid idea...

the real idea of the show is that despite tony having afamily and trying to be a good person, hes not.. hes in the mafia who are all scumbags in the end.. i dont give a fu*k how cool people think gotti or capone or whoever the fu*k was they were pieces of sh*t.. and seeing tony die at the end would have been the only rational ending for chase to get his point across..
 11 years ago '06        #515
space
space
^^ that is ur interpretation. This is why he did the ending the way he did because he wanted to elave it up to each to decide. There''s a couple different ways u could interpret the ending. There are a lot of books that are like that, it's not hte first time someone gave an ending that was up for interpretation.
 11 years ago '05        #516
BigL4Life 
space
space
$3,962 | Props total: 6 6
i went 2 holsteins on monday, they was sayin that the place was busy all day, everyone comin in bc the episode before....

the news was there and sh*t, and the guy said that in the whole time they ever owned the place(more then 50 years) they have never sold out of onion rings.... yesterday they sold out 30 lbs of them.... all cause tony soprano ordered them....
 11 years ago '06        #517
space
space
^^ haha thats some crazy a.ss sh*t..
 11 years ago '04        #518
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
 BROOKLYNSTANDUP said:
dont know how u could have a picture of a real mafia epic in ur avy and still defend this show and ending... people who have supported this show on tv and radio are turning their backs because they know its just a stupid idea...

the real idea of the show is that despite tony having afamily and trying to be a good person, hes not.. hes in the mafia who are all scumbags in the end.. i dont give a fu*k how cool people think gotti or capone or whoever the fu*k was they were pieces of sh*t.. and seeing tony die at the end would have been the only rational ending for chase to get his point across..
I find the mafia genre interesting and entertaining . Your right they are pieces of sh*t they will shoot you in the back of the head to make a dollar . They will stab there "friends " in the back so they wont have to do a second in jail .

Ok mr. screenwriter why would he have died in the final scene how would that have made sense ? The ghost of Phil Leotardo from Christmas past ? Im glad it wasnt a cliche mob boss k!lling . Please post these terrific endings that Chase should have done .

Im not tryna be funny or anything but ive been talkin to people that have been dissapointed with the show and none of them can name 5 characters your obviously not watchin the show if you dont know characters , which means you dont understand it . I will waste no time talkin/arguing with these people .

David Chase recently said in an interview - regarding the open endings and unanswered questions in The Sopranos - that it is supposed to mirror life as there are no neatly wrapped endings in life. He also talked about how this 'closure' that audiences crave within any story is not always a good thing. It could be said that closure within The Sopranos would cheapen the plot and take away the 'secrets and lies' that each character holds.
 11 years ago '06        #519
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 443 443
 Curtisimo said:
It was allways a psychological show

the whole sh*t with Tony and his mother is psychological and that been a theme since season 1

as far as what goes down in the mobb am i not mistaken or do n*ggaz in families betray each other all the fu*king time ??

and none of us are in the mobb so we will really know what its like even if John gotti told you himself

the show was allways about Tony and the balance between his nucleas family
the family he was born into and his extended family

Sorry if you want to see a blood bath every episode and continued to watch it throughout season 4, 5 and 6

I mean you should of got the hint once Medow started beefing with her mother about college and sh*t that the show isnt a "mafia/gangster" show

again Tony in the "Sopranos" is never portrayed as the type of mean mugged mobster as with the other mafia movies

everybody feeling towards Tony is ambigous
i gotta disagree man, the mafia aint all about k!llin people all the time... it is a business and when you have rival businesses aka ny/nj there are so butting of heads and dudes get dealt with,,, i think the show even the last few years, was brilliant television. there was so much drama on theat show all the time even when it seemed boring i could not wait for the next episode, all the characters were complex and had real life issues to deal with. it wasnt a mob show it was about a guy who was in the mob and how he balanced his mafia life and his family and friendships.. the best show on tv since oz
 11 years ago '06        #520
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 443 443
my fault i was tryin to reply to the guy that you replied too ^^^^^^^^^^^
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
25 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
171 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
110 comments
19 hours ago