2 Jl audio w7 13.5s... or 3 solobaric L7 15s"?

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
8835 pageviews
71 comments

big jeffrey 
space
space
$2,387 | Props total: 359 359
2 Jl audio w7 13.5s... or 3 solobaric L7 15s"?

anyone? and reasons why or why not?

i know usually dem jl audios would beat that all day but im still a lil undecided feel me?

71 comments for "2 Jl audio w7 13.5s... or 3 solobaric L7 15s"?"

04-07-2007, 10:59 AM         #2
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the l7's will be louder, but the w7's will sound a hell of a ot better. and if you have the budget to buy 3 13w7's why don't you look into 2 RE Audio 15" x*x's you wont be dissapointed
one
GhosT
 11 years ago '05        #3
kodak314 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,842 | Props total: 144 144
 GhosT said:
the l7's will be louder, but the w7's will sound a hell of a ot better. and if you have the budget to buy 3 13w7's why don't you look into 2 RE Audio 15" x*x's you wont be dissapointed
one
GhosT

x2

What are you using to power em?
 04-07-2007, 02:11 PM         #4
hos.tile 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you want JL...go get W6's....they are better than the w7s anyway
 11 years ago '06        #5
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
3 L7's > 2 W7's in SPL
2 W7's > 3 L7's in SQL

It all depends what you kind of sound you're wanting. If it's for daily driver, I wouldn't get 3 L7's. That's just me tho.
 11 years ago '04        #6
big jeffrey  OP
space
space
SPL is jus how loud it is right? and SQL is the quality?
 04-07-2007, 03:59 PM         #7
dcole18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^^yes... and if it were me i wouldnt get either of those combos...
 11 years ago '04        #8
big jeffrey  OP
space
space
and why not
 11 years ago '06        #9
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
Because there's subs that are just as good if not better for the same price/half the price.

Have you heard either sub before? L7's get loooooud but they don't have great sound quality. As for w7's, they sound better than L7's, but they're not as loud. I like JL Audio and I like some of their subs, but IMO the w7's are too "boomy" (At least all the ones I've heard)

If I really had to choose between the 2, I'd go with 1 L7 rather than 3.

But like I said, it all depends on what kind of sound you're wanting. You could do better than both of those subs if you looked around some.
 04-07-2007, 10:32 PM         #10
Nelson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah I dunno,

Kicker sounds pretty good imo, especially if your not relying on them solely for your bass, my cuzin has a solo x running in his car and the sound is very nice especially because hes also running 2 10" alpines to give a richer sound.... it depends on what people want to do.... imo if ppl are set on dropping a ported box in their trunk and really just trying to bass out their music then this is a different type of user to someone who uses external sound processors/eq's to control the output of their sound, i think the kicker is a very nice sounding speaker, i plan on getting 2 12" solobaric L7's myself...i think the solo x is too loud personally.

id get 2 ohm compatable speakers so you can run cheaper amps to power them, i know that kicker offers them in 2 or 4 ohm guises,

pz1
 11 years ago '06        #11
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
him adding 2 10's with the SOLO x is a mistake.

You should never mix sub sizes.
 04-08-2007, 01:56 AM         #12
Nelson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -Phase One- said:
him adding 2 10's with the SOLO x is a mistake.

You should never mix sub sizes.
Car Bodywork and dj audio is my knowledge bank, so im not calling you out, but id like to know why i shouldnt mix sub sizes,

at the moment im running 2 godfather 15's, a set of mtx 12's and 10's.

I agree if left unchecked, itll sound sloppy, but if you controll output with the eq, the sound is very rich in detail that i felt was lost when i was running just the 15's. Im very big on sound quality, and can notice even slight differences, this is prolly because of my musical background as a dj/producer and musician in general.

i noticed the recent addition of 10's added greater punch to certain bass lines in faster tempo songs, and the 12's helped enrich the acid lines in some of the house tracks ive been playing lately.

Again, im prolly ignorant, so im not calling you out, but id like to know why im ruining the sound quality of my car.

nelson
 11 years ago '06        #13
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
The frequency response is different from a 12", 10" 15", 18", etc. subwoofer. If you mix them together, you'll get cancellation, causing you not to get the correct sound you should be getting.

You should never mix sub sizes and brands together. If you have to add extra subs to get more "punch" or "deeper" bass then you need to get better components speakers for your interior, better enclosure or the type of sub(s) to produce the kind of sound you're wanting.

But hey, if you think it sounds good, then more power to you.

Last edited by -Phase One-; 04-08-2007 at 02:29 AM..
 04-08-2007, 02:35 AM         #14
Nelson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -Phase One- said:
The frequency response is different from a 12", 10" 15", 18", etc. subwoofer. If you mix them together, you'll get cancellation, causing you not to get the correct sound you should be getting.

You should never mix sub sizes and brands together. If you have to add extra subs to get more "punch" or "deeper" bass then you need to get better components speakers for your interior, better enclosure or the type of sub(s) to produce the kind of sound you're wanting.

But hey, if you think it sounds good, then more power to you.
Werd,

thanks for the advice, i hit you up with some props for it.

yeah man its a bit down the line for me (still finishing the bodywork of my current project) so the system im referring to was actually a year ago, when it comes time for me to get my speaker set sorted then ill hit you all up for cents.

thats interesting about the cancelation....

is it just for subs that i should buy same brand and size?

I'll need to check into getting some more components thats for sure, im using a set of mb quarts, but i think i should add another set at least to the front.

ez
 11 years ago '06        #15
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
MB Quarts are nice from what I heard, never heard or owned any. Only thing I owned by MB Quart was an amp. They're a good brand in my book.

Same goes for interior speakers. Should always be the same brand and size.
 11 years ago '04        #16
big jeffrey  OP
space
space
wtf this sh*t aint helpin me at all damnit. lol
 04-08-2007, 11:50 AM         #17
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
then what the hell do you want from us, we told you there are better options and we told you that the l7's are better for spl and the w7's are better for sq
if your rellay lookign for quality sh*t you can get better equipment for what you'd pay for those subs or maybe a lil more
one
GhosT
 11 years ago '06        #18
FeS RoY 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,128 | Props total: 12 12
i would pic the W7's of course, well what exactly will you be using to power them? already upgraded your electrical system?
 11 years ago '04        #19
big jeffrey  OP
space
space
 GhosT said:
then what the hell do you want from us, we told you there are better options and we told you that the l7's are better for spl and the w7's are better for sq
if your rellay lookign for quality sh*t you can get better equipment for what you'd pay for those subs or maybe a lil more
one
GhosT
ok well wat r some brands i can look into then
 04-08-2007, 05:08 PM         #20
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TC Sounds. of course RE Audio. especially the x*x's since it sounds like you have a descent budget for subs. Aidre Audio, Soundsplitter, FI

i'm sure the other guys can help with other brands as well
one
GhosT
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
181 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
113 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
61 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy