Legendary Radio host Don Imus Calls Rutger Women Basketball Team:"NAPPY HEADED HOES"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
150 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
194 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-06-2007, 04:06 PM         #1
5542 pageviews
87 comments

DINER0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Legendary Radio host Don Imus Calls Rutger Women Basketball Team:"NAPPY HEADED HOES"

Christopher Cornell - All Headline News Sports Reporter

West Palm Beach, FL (AHN) - Don Imus is used to being a polarizing figure for his listeners, but he took it to another level during his Thursday morning show.

The opinionated talk show host used some insensitive and harsh language during the broadcast of his Imus in the Morning show on WFAN radio show, which is also simulcast on MSNBC, when describing the Rutgers women's basketball team.

In reference to Rutgers, which finished runner-up to Tennessee in the NCAA Women's basketball tournament, Imus used both racist and s3xist language to describe the team that is primarily composed of African-American women.

When discussing Tuesday's championship game, the talk turned to the tattoos that many of the players had. A person identified as "Imus in the Morning" executive producer Bernard McGuirk exclaimed off-camera "those 'are some hard core hos."

In response, rather than chastising McGuirk for the remark, Imus agreed, saying, "That's some nappy-headed hos there. I'm gonna tell you that now, man, that's some -- woo. And the girls from Tennessee, they all look cute, you know, so, like -- kinda like -- I don't know."

Here's the full transcript of the offensive exchange, courtesy of Media Matters:

DON IMUS: So, I watched the basketball game last night between -- a little bit of Rutgers and Tennessee, the women's final.

SID ROSENBERG: Yeah, Tennessee won last night -- seventh championship for [Tennessee coach] Pat Summitt, I-Man. They beat Rutgers by 13 points.

IMUS: That's some rough girls from Rutgers. Man, they got tattoos and --

BERNARD McGUIRK: Some hard-core hos.

IMUS: That's some nappy-headed hos there. I'm gonna tell you that now, man, that's some -- woo. And the girls from Tennessee, they all look cute, you know, so, like -- kinda like -- I don't know.

McGUIRK: A Spike Lee thing.

IMUS: Yeah.

McGUIRK: The Jigaboos vs. the Wannabes -- that movie that he had.

IMUS: Yeah, it was a tough --

CHARLES McCORD: Do The Right Thing.

McGUIRK: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

IMUS: I don't know if I'd have wanted to beat Rutgers or not, but they did, right?

ROSENBERG: It was a tough watch. The more I look at Rutgers, they look exactly like the Toronto Raptors.

MSNBC issued a statement regarding Imus saying, "While simulcast by MSNBC, 'Imus in the Morning' is not a production of the cable network and is produced by WFAN Radio. As Imus makes clear every day, his views are not those of MSNBC. We regret that his remarks were aired on MSNBC and apologize for these offensive comments."

Rutgers surprisingly advanced to the championship game after knocking off No. 1 Duke in the Sweet 16, No. 3 Arizona State in the Elite Eight and No. 3 LSU in the Final Four before succumbing to Tennessee in the championship, 59-46.

Imus issued a statement on Friday to apologize for his remarks.

"I want to take a moment to apologize for an insensitive and ill-conceived remark we made the other morning regading the Rutger's women's basketball team, which lost to Tennessee in the NCAA championship game on Tuesday," the statement read. "It was completely inappropriate and we can understand why people were offended. Our characterization was thoughtless and stupid, and we are sorry."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.allheadlinenew .. les/7006971758

Last edited by DINER0; 04-06-2007 at 04:08 PM..

87 comments for "Legendary Radio host Don Imus Calls Rutger Women Basketball Team:"NAPPY HEADED HOES""

11 years ago '06        #2
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 1278 1278
:finger:

Last edited by psq86; 04-06-2007 at 04:22 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #3
kapiku21 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,699 | Props total: 77 77
wow.....wow
 11 years ago '04        #4
Young_Deezy 
space
space
space
$1,272 | Props total: 15 15
Thats F Up But Lol They Did Look Like That
 11 years ago '04        #5
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
Lmao...
 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM         #6
mitemouse  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who watches womens basketball?
 04-06-2007, 06:18 PM         #7
Nutsymptom  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that sh*t is whack, no idea why he would think it'd be cool to say that...i dont like Imus at all, he's pompous a**hole.

and wtf is with comparing them to the raptors???
 11 years ago '04        #8
shortz 36 heat pts36
space
space
space
$6,608 | Props total: 1509 1509
u knoe damn well we all would say the same sh*t just not on the radio....we say that sh*t everyday....man look at that nappy headed hoe man that bi*ch look like a guy n etc
 04-06-2007, 06:21 PM         #9
StreetExclusive  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If he was black, would people still be offended, I wonder????
I dont think it had anything to do with them being black as much as them looking like men...
This, from people who want freedom of speech...

Last edited by StreetExclusive; 04-06-2007 at 06:24 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #10
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 1278 1278
 StreetExclusive said:
If he was black, would people still be offended, I wonder????
Of course not but, you know the rules and so does he.
 11 years ago '04        #11
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,333 | Props total: 11483 11483
U Still Dont Call Them A Ho

On Air
 11 years ago '04        #12
dsoul 
space
space
space
$1,051 | Props total: 16 16
i thought it was funny

but u just dont say that sh*t
 11 years ago '05        #13
blazerock 9 heat pts
space
space
$973 | Props total: 91 91
lol thats fu*ked up. I mean its pathetic he said it... but really how many of yall bust out sh*t like that.

And besides that who DOES watch women's basketball...
*snore*
 11 years ago '06        #14
ALPHABETBOY 
space
space
space
$670 | Props total: 3 3
They Should Fire That Nappy Headed Nicca
 04-06-2007, 08:15 PM         #15
bdboy04  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i respect woman basketball i dont watch much of it but i respect it dude wrong to say that he plain wrong yeah he white if he was black he would still be wrong u dont be ignorant like that even on radio nappy headed hoes come on man have some morals and ethics dude u on radio

DOWN WITH IMUS
 11 years ago '04        #16
B-Y-D 
space
space
$1,213 | Props total: 45 45
Imagine what he says off air.
 11 years ago '04        #17
gutta561 
space
space
space
$909 | Props total: 91 91
so what if we say that with our friends all the time, but i am not going to go on aire say that because I know I would be in the wrong.
 11 years ago '05        #18
rippac4 
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 1050 1050
u know what this is ridiculous I was watching ESPN & they had a brief say about this but when Tim Hardaway made comments about gays it was on there all day, Outside the Lines but it's like this is okay to say this dude should be fired, damn an apology this dude called them black hoes, even though these are college women, sh*t is not funny when the guys in basketball made Jew jokes he was let go & talked about on ESPN constantly this is ridiculous
 04-07-2007, 08:18 AM         #19
inequívoco alto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 B-Y-D said:
Imagine what he says off air.
Wow. Who knows??
 11 years ago '04        #20
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
Wow, just plain wrong. I feel sorry for the girls on the Rutgers basketball team that had to hear this. What is this world coming to. Ignorant people on here trying to put a black/white perspective on this when it so obvious that color has nothing to do with it. What he said was wrong for ANYONE to say. Goodness.... Ignorant mutherfu*kers.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago