Post ALL YOUR NEW PICKUPS April 2007

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #381
Drug Free|M 11 heat pts11
space
space
$49,204 | Props total: 1362 1362
lol@a pair of jeans shutting down a thread...

jeans aint sh*t. no one knows, cares, about how good the quality is or how much u paid..jeans are jeans..when u walk down the street, they might aswell be levis or osh gosh..

i could go get old navy jeans and pull off a hotter fit probablly than u in those jeans
 04-25-2007, 10:14 AM         #383
Eiy-Kyu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PDA said:

jeans aint sh*t. no one knows, cares, about how good the quality is or how much u paid..jeans are jeans..when u walk down the street, they might aswell be levis or osh gosh..

i could go get old navy jeans and pull off a hotter fit probablly than u in those jeans
You're right, they're repro jeans, so unless someone told you they were Canes, you'd think they were Levis. I didn't say how much I paid, however, and I didn't buy them to show off. Canes aren't Levis or Osh Kosh, however – if you've ever tried on a pair of Canes you'll know that. A lot of designer brands command high prices because of their style or because they're "realistically distressed"; Canes are expensive because they're well-made.

@ Moose:
Canes aren't "cowboy" jeans. The 1947s are a straight-leg cut, they aren't at all tight. They're probably of a similar fit to whatever it is you're wearing.

@ PDA:
I was only kidding: nothing ever closes down this thread.
 11 years ago '04        #384
space
space
maybe u didnt buy them to show off..but u obviously POSTED them to try and show off..
 04-25-2007, 12:08 PM         #385
Eiy-Kyu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PDA said:
maybe u didnt buy them to show off..but u obviously POSTED them to try and show off..
Really? And I suppose all the other people who post stuff on here do so out of modesty?
 11 years ago '04        #386
space
space
no one else says "close thread" like what they bought was better than anything else in this thread
 11 years ago '04        #387
bomester 
space
space
$2,634 | Props total: 0 0
 PDA said:

wtf is up ur a.ss yo?? i dont ever see you post without being so negative...
 11 years ago '04        #388
space
space
hows that being negative? i was simply stating that jeans are jeans in the long run.
 04-25-2007, 03:32 PM         #389
ClearSmoke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
them jeans look fire, id pay the most 115 for em
 11 years ago '04        #390
I Need Music. 
space
space
$2,826 | Props total: 0 0
you guys are wildin'.
I never paid more than $30 for some jeans.
 04-25-2007, 05:46 PM         #391
-DDKing13-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont see what the big deal is over those jeans.
to me, those are the bapes of jeans.
bape copys nike : those jeans copy levis
plus they plain too.
i never paid over 40 dollars for jeans, cuz there's no point.
 04-25-2007, 08:42 PM         #392
Javon_Johnson  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PDA said:
no one else says "close thread" like what they bought was better than anything else in this thread
But people do post stupid sh*t like "ballin" or "pow" or "bam" or whatever else.
 04-25-2007, 09:05 PM         #393
Eiy-Kyu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -DDKing13- said:
i dont see what the big deal is over those jeans.
to me, those are the bapes of jeans.
bape copys nike : those jeans copy levis
plus they plain too.
i never paid over 40 dollars for jeans, cuz there's no point.
Canes aren't the "Bapes of jeans". Bape is all about hype. People wear Bape because they want to make a loud, obnoxious statement that they're wealthy. If you're buying Canes wanting a pair of jeans that the average person will drool over, you're probably looking at the wrong brand. Different people want different things.

Of the 16 pairs of jeans now in my closet, 15 of them have some sort of design on the back pocket and fit baggy. I needed something simple with a better cut to wear to job interviews, and the Canes I bought were perfect.

As for them being copycats like Bape, that's not a fair comparison. Bape emulates the style of the AF1 with their shoes, but they aren't trying to be Nike. Canes are repro denim, made to look exactly like vintage Levi's from a particular model year, right down to the smallest details.

Jeans used to be rugged, well-made and of high quality 50 or 100 years ago, because at the time they were only made to be functional and they weren't a fashionable thing to have. Now that everyone wears denim, manufacturers focus almost entirely on making their products visually appealing to consumers, and producing them as cheaply and as easily as possible. That's not what Canes are about, and that's one of the reasons I like them.

Last edited by Eiy-Kyu; 04-25-2007 at 09:09 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #394
down2earth 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,391 | Props total: 0 0
 Eiy-Kyu said:
Canes aren't the "Bapes of jeans". Bape is all about hype. People wear Bape because they want to make a loud, obnoxious statement that they're wealthy. If you're buying Canes wanting a pair of jeans that the average person will drool over, you're probably looking at the wrong brand. Different people want different things.

Of the 16 pairs of jeans now in my closet, 15 of them have some sort of design on the back pocket and fit baggy. I needed something simple with a better cut to wear to job interviews, and the Canes I bought were perfect.

As for them being copycats like Bape, that's not a fair comparison. Bape emulates the style of the AF1 with their shoes, but they aren't trying to be Nike. Canes are repro denim, made to look exactly like vintage Levi's from a particular model year, right down to the smallest details.

Jeans used to be rugged, well-made and of high quality 50 or 100 years ago, because at the time they were only made to be functional and they weren't a fashionable thing to have. Now that everyone wears denim, manufacturers focus almost entirely on making their products visually appealing to consumers, and producing them as cheaply and as easily as possible. That's not what Canes are about, and that's one of the reasons I like them.

:applause: well said....... ima look into getting myself a pair of canes some time in the near future.
 11 years ago '04        #395
space
space
no one said u cant like canes..if u would have posted them and moved on..it wouldnt have been a problem but u had to be a c*cky and say "close thread" for a pair of jeans..
 11 years ago '05        #396
still tippin' 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,756 | Props total: 315 315
all yall thinkin denim isnt noticed are pretty foolish

i personally like your canes bro, do your thing, rock emim workign ona pair of nudies myself, one month in and they startin to look nice, they are black denim as well
 04-25-2007, 10:54 PM         #397
-DDKing13-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eiy-Kyu said:

i mean dont get me wrong, they nice jeans.
and i dont mean it like that when i compare em to bapes.
i meant it in a way that bape copies nike's shoes, and canes are copying levi's styles.
that's it. they nice regardless, but i dont see the point of buying jeans for hundreds of dollars that are just made to copy a pair of levis that you can get for 40 bucks.
 04-26-2007, 01:01 AM         #398
Eiy-Kyu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -DDKing13- said:
i dont see the point of buying jeans for hundreds of dollars that are just made to copy a pair of levis that you can get for 40 bucks.
Don't worry about it, I ain't mad.

The point about the Canes being Levi's repros is that they're a reproduction of jeans that Levi's doesn't make anymore. The store I bought the Canes at had a pair of 1885 Repros, which are modeled after one of the oldest pairs of Levi's in existence. The average consumer won't appreciate that, but some people do. The same is true about how Canes are made. Most people don't know (or care) that Sugar Cane denim is made using a blend of cotton and sugar cane extract, or that they colour their jeans using natural indigo dyes. There's the whole Japanese denim debate, too. A lot of people consider Japanese denim superior to other denim. Others don't, and others don't care enough either way to want to spend the extra money to get it. Lastly, non-selvage denim isn't inherently inferior to selvage denim. It all has to do with the manufacturing process. Selvage denim has a whole different feel to it than non-selvage, and some people prefer it. Selvage denim costs more money to make, so it's more expensive. Because of this, and because selvage denim only interests a niche market, the quality of selvage denim tends to be better than non-selvage (because of who it's geared towards, and what they're willing to pay for it).
 04-26-2007, 01:26 AM         #399
Eiy-Kyu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lacoste dress shirt and jacket (not Lacoste), to go with the Canes. Pictures don't do it justice – the colour on the shirt is insane. Really nice:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

^^^
Note the sleeve of the jacket underneath the shirt sleeve.
 04-26-2007, 06:24 AM         #400
iAM  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol@u typin paragraphs
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy