Mar 26 - Miss Jones Going At Lupe. Is about to Put Aspiring rappers on.

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #1
6183 pageviews
117 comments

4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 1372 1372
Mar 26 - Miss Jones Going At Lupe. Is about to Put Aspiring rappers on.

Controversial NY radio host, Miss Jones is at it again. The on air personality briefly made a statement planning to rally against Lupe Fiasco's feature on Musiq Soulchild's currently circulating "Buddy (remix)" and claimed that the heads at Def Jam will be hearing about her boycott. On the Miss Jones show, while the song was on air, Jonesy cut through the song's ending, where Lupe's verse was and asked, "Who is this person bringing down the quality of this song?" After being informed from a colleague that it was Lupe Fiasco, she then stated that she couldn't take it and went on to state that his verses absolutely made no sense at all and was completely irrelevant to the song's content.

After the Hot97 jock ordered for the song to be taken back to the beginning, Miss Jones and her team began to break down and chastize Lupe's lyrics, where he says, "No, I don't want your number, nor your name, nor a dance/ I don't want your time, or your sign, or a chance/ because I'm so cooool, I'm so straight, Look I ain't tryna hit, and I don't want no date/look this point in time, currently on my grind, and I don't want no distractions..." The morning crew pointed out that his verses completely defied what the song was about and made no sense at all, especially since the whole song is about chasing after a female.

With the whole team nodding in agreeance, one of the crew members jokingly said that Lupe would prefer skating, then to want all those things. Additional jokes from the staff about the skateboard mc included his adlibs and his overall presence on the song.

The shock jock then went on to announce that any aspiring rappers that are looking to get put on and or looking for a break can add themselves to the song in place of Lupe Fiasco and can start by uploading it on youtube. No official announcement was made if this was an official contests or not, but she promised to play a remix of the song featuring an aspiring rapper every morning on Hot97 over the Lupe Fiasco version. For more details, you can email the morning team at morningshow@hot97.com.

Although controversial, upcoming rappers should definitely cease the opportunity as Miss Jones can be very influential on the nationwide playlists. The shock jock played a major role in breaking Robin Thicke's "Lost Without You" record as probably one of the first to expose the record on urban radio, which is now across national urban radio across the country.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.streethop.com/ .. cle173725.html

117 comments for "Mar 26 - Miss Jones Going At Lupe. Is about to Put Aspiring rappers on."

11 years ago '04        #2
8 OFF 
space
space
space
$1,566 | Props total: 0 0
LOL@Ms Jones callin up the wrong record label to boycott.
 03-26-2007, 11:15 AM         #3
BiG ShaK DeezeL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For Some1 who got nooo love from the industry she sure az hell has alot 2 say...that haterade iz stroooong on tha mornin show..lol..her hate wouldnt look az bad if she sint get sh*tted on by the public 4 makin wakk muzik..lol
 11 years ago '05        #4
Okay.Player 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,047 | Props total: 32 32
Then Miss Jones is officially a dummy.
 03-26-2007, 11:19 AM         #5
jswz6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
never heard of this miss jones lady
 11 years ago '04        #6
B1aze 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,903 | Props total: 184 184
she sang on a az song "sugarhill" back in like 94...thas bout it
 11 years ago '06        #7
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
the verse is contradictory to the song cauz musik is talkin bout a fu*k buddy, and lupe just wanna be friends, *shrugs* to bad she can't show concern for songs that have no actual content at all
 03-26-2007, 11:23 AM         #8
catchaBreath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not to defend Lupe, but Miss Jones surely doesn't know what she's talking about most of the time...I can't stand her loud, obnoxious mouth.
 11 years ago '04        #9
m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,535 | Props total: 295 295
She's wild what if he makes a diss track that sh*t would be funny

Last edited by m_cullins; 03-26-2007 at 12:41 PM..
 03-26-2007, 11:27 AM         #10
Drag90 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 8 OFF said:
LOL@Ms Jones callin up the wrong record label to boycott.
musiq is on Def Jam u idiot...its his song not Lupes

n e wayz, its bout time, this n*gga Lupe trash, he only gets attention cause he's "different" and wears tight clothes n ish.
 11 years ago '04        #11
Rajj 
space
space
$999 | Props total: 7 7
Musiq is on Atlantic Records...why is she boycotting Def Jam? Musiq Soulchild ain't there no mo. she has been miss informed.
 11 years ago '04        #12
Joe Scumbag 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,753 | Props total: 3579 3579
i remember when she was back with star and buckwild way back when. Star youd to keep her in her place
 11 years ago '04        #13
8 OFF 
space
space
space
$1,566 | Props total: 0 0
 Drag90 said:
musiq is on Def Jam u idiot...its his song not Lupes

n e wayz, its bout time, this n*gga Lupe trash, he only gets attention cause he's "different" and wears tight clothes n ish.
Then why is Musiq's name listed as an artist on Atlantic's website.

You fu*kin idiot
 11 years ago '04        #14
jspek 
space
space
$1,012 | Props total: 0 0
i hate that bi*ch.....so fu*king ignorant.
 03-26-2007, 11:38 AM         #15
DA DOPEMAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This fat bi*ch always wildin
 03-26-2007, 11:47 AM         #16
cortez543211 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
his verse really didnt make much sense at all... it felt like he was trying too hard...
and im a lupe fan
 11 years ago '05        #17
Santo 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,135 | Props total: 1 1
Dumb ignorant bi*ch.
 11 years ago '04        #18
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,363 | Props total: 225 225
Hope she gets canned like star and buck did in philly on Power99. Got rid fo them fools quick lol cuz there very disrespectful to the Crart, the Art of a RP, and they was just plan corny... so to her , and all those like her *cough* Wendy "Magilla Grorilla" Williams *cough*
 11 years ago '05        #19
cw10304 
space
space
$927 | Props total: 0 0
The song is named buddy but lupe just took it literally meaning his intention is not on a relationship/lover kind a thing. Just read the lyrics and see that musiq has his idea of a buddy and lupe has his idea of a buddy but overall the general idea is they dont want nothing serious. sh*t makes sense to me.
 11 years ago '04        #20
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,861 | Props total: 1603 1603
She Might Jus Be Tryin 2 Holla @ Def Jam Cause Lupe Album Was Co-Exec Or Produced By Jay-Z But Who Knoz, Lupe's Dope Tho And All That Non Sense Ain't Nesescito! *(Opinion)*
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
32 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
119 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy