Terence Newman Or Al Harris?

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
210 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Vote
Terence Newman 96 64.43%
Al Harris 53 35.57%
Voters: 149. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 03-22-2007, 06:18 PM         #81
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
So 28 pass deflections is better than not giving up a TD in a two year period? How does that make sense?
Somebody needs to post a good site where we can check the TD's allowed. That stat is so debatable because you never know who blew the play that allowed the WR to spring open.

ie. In the playoffs against the Vikings in Randy Moss' last game, Moss had a TD over Al Harris. Just watching a quick highlight you would be like "OHHHHH, Moss torched Harris." But on further review and listening to post game interviews, Darren Sharper was supposed to blitz on the play which would have forced Culpepper to get rid of the ball short and quick to Moss. Al was expecting the short throw and was already starting to jump the route. But even though Darren Sharper was on the line of scrimmage to blitz, he forgot to. Daunte Culpepper had PLENTY of time and saw Al about to jump the route. He was able to wait for Al to get out of position and then throw it up deep when Randy ran past him. Had Sharper blitzed like he was supposed to, that play would've ended in an INT returned for a TD or a 7 yard gain by Moss at most. Because Sharper failed to blitz it turned into 6 for Moss and made Harris look bad.
 03-22-2007, 06:19 PM         #82
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
IMO. if green bay was back in the top 5 on passing defense or w/e such as dallas is... Al Harris would get LOADS of recognition like some of you have given newman.
well, what gives, why arent they in the top 10
 11 years ago '04        #83
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Black_Deuce said:

we have a fast for nothing safety in nick collins... and marquand manuel never got comfortable with the system after nursing his injury all practice before preseason AND preseason.. and the packers MOSTLY get burned in nickel/dime packages
 03-22-2007, 06:25 PM         #84
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:

Yea, our safeties and nickel backs have been garbage. I think Collins plays the run well, but with his speed he should have more picks. Our linebackers didn't play the pass very well at all until the 2nd half of the season. Plus our secondary improved dramatically when they cut Ahmad Carroll after week 4. Plus our secondary coaches have been garbage for the past 3 years. Our Corner's Coach Leon Washington should've been coaching the entire secondary for the past 3 years but they keep passing him over on the hirings.

Last edited by RediKnight; 03-22-2007 at 06:27 PM..
 03-22-2007, 06:27 PM         #85
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cant be much worse than roy williams. I swear to everything, I saw him tip a pass OUT of newmans hands before. hes clumsy, slow, and hes always looking for the run

then on top of that the freelance wasnt much better. he had a bit more instinctive play and athleticism but according to the dallas defensive staff lacked the play recognition skills needed for a starter

I guess it might be harder with roy williams twice a year. but thats about the only HUGE offensive threat he sees twice a year

Im also factoring in age, is that fair? Newman shows great instinct for his age and once the experience comes in I see alot of success for him in that system
 11 years ago '05        #86
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,925 | Props total: 643 643
Terence Newman....they dont even throw to his side
 03-22-2007, 06:30 PM         #87
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nick Ferguson is that bad? I thought he was NFC player of the week one time last season... maybe im mistaken.... if so my fault
 03-22-2007, 06:32 PM         #88
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
cant be much worse than roy williams. I swear to everything, I saw him tip a pass OUT of newmans hands before. hes clumsy, slow, and hes always looking for the run

then on top of that the freelance wasnt much better. he had a bit more instinctive play and athleticism but according to the dallas defensive staff lacked the play recognition skills needed for a starter

I guess it might be harder with roy williams twice a year. but thats about the only HUGE offensive threat he sees twice a year

Im also factoring in age, is that fair? Newman shows great instinct for his age and once the experience comes in I see alot of success for him in that system
I'll definitely give you the age factor. Newman has all the potential to be one of the best in years to come. I bet we can both agree on one thing, Harris and Newman are both better than Deangelo Hall.
 03-22-2007, 06:34 PM         #89
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
Nick Ferguson is that bad? I thought he was NFC player of the week one time last season... maybe im mistaken.... if so my fault
Robert Ferguson is on our offense and I can't stand him!!!!!!

Nick Collins has potential and shows flashes with his speed and hitting. But his Football IQ appears to be rather low.
 03-22-2007, 06:34 PM         #90
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

lol yea my mistake

as far as chad, he doesnt play them much cause their not in the same divison but yea, it speaks volumes about how good Al is. Im interestied on seeng that one game where Al covered him so well. he must hane made a good impression on him.

LMAO @ D-Hall was this garrett guy serious with the d-hall comparision

I gained alot of respect for al harris though I cant say id rank him top 5 but Id consider top 10. for over120 corners int he leauge thats saying alot.
 11 years ago '05        #91
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
Terence Newman sees......Moss, Burress, Brown

Harris sees Muhammed, Williams, and I dunno who the receiver is for the Vikings

If someone can find the stats of how many time thrown too and how many touchdowns given up I bet Newmans name would be top three in both.....they never throw to his side and I think he's given up three touchdowns in two years
 11 years ago '05        #92
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
D Hall is overrated.......MAD overrated...he gets torched on the weekly.....sad to see someone so talented get ahead of themselves
 03-22-2007, 06:52 PM         #93
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lakers you missed it man. lol

BTW we playin poker tonight, bi*ch :finger:

oh, and give hate to garrett s on the first page for me.
 11 years ago '04        #94
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 lakersboy03 said:
Terence Newman sees......Moss, Burress, Brown

Harris sees Muhammed, Williams, and I dunno who the receiver is for the Vikings

If someone can find the stats of how many time thrown too and how many touchdowns given up I bet Newmans name would be top three in both.....they never throw to his side and I think he's given up three touchdowns in two years
And you can add Steve Smith to that list.
 03-22-2007, 06:58 PM         #95
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
17-17 even. whats the cut off score? 20?
 11 years ago '07        #96
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,440 | Props total: 43400 43400
 Black_Deuce said:

:finger:

stop thinking about me!
 11 years ago '05        #97
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:

I'm watching the games at a bar with my n*ggas but then I might pop thru......and I dont give hate out......

I hate when I miss the arguments that blow up in a day.....cause I shut em down
 11 years ago '04        #98
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Black_Deuce said:
17-17 even. whats the cut off score? 20?
add another to the packers... on top of their 18... someone switched their vote in their post...
 03-22-2007, 07:04 PM         #99
John Madden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
comeon with the quotes, redi... lets see a video of him in action or something. I can pull out a quote of Madden calling Brett Favre the best QB in the game, but I know thats not gonna be your first basis of an argument on him
Keep my name outcha mouth :finger: :finger: :finger:

Boom! Tough Actin Tinactin!!

Brett Favre >>>>> All of ur lives put together

Last edited by John Madden; 03-22-2007 at 07:05 PM..
 11 years ago '07        #100
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,440 | Props total: 43400 43400
lol^^^ that has to be an alias
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
82 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
36 comments
2 days ago