Terence Newman Or Al Harris?

most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
422 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron explains how he can relate to Lonzo's rookie season
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Vote
Terence Newman 96 64.43%
Al Harris 53 35.57%
Voters: 149. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-17-2007, 02:22 PM         #481
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bezerk is too biased and stubborn

I dont waste my time with him anymore

if its clear hes wrong he wont see it, not tat hes being ignorant, he jus sticks to his gunz
 08-17-2007, 03:22 PM         #482
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Even tho he was hurt any D-Back list that doesn't have Ken Lucas is slippin.. Hes a lock down corner for damn sure. And Deuce Bezerk has a point it has nothing to do with stubborn (At least not in this thread )
 10 years ago '04        #483
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 Bezerk said:
If by here or there, u mean a sh*t load for a #1 corner... than yes, its here or there.

Newman is not as good as you are making him seem. giving up tons of underneath passes and making the tackle does not make u a shut down corner or premiere corner by any means... like I said, that's y his tackles r so high for his position. You know it's not because he's tackling running backs in the secondary...
Now if you want to say I don't bring NE thing to the table cuz you don't want to hear the truth and you have no argument for it, I understand.
Alot of his tackles come in run support and helping take down other WRs.....watch a Dallas game and maybe you'll figure that out.
 08-17-2007, 04:02 PM         #484
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what exactly makes newman better than harris?
 08-17-2007, 04:42 PM         #485
Phillycat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I aint tryin to argue wit nobody over the net but I just thought I would put this out there, actual quotes with source...

"He gets out there and gets in everyone's' face," Bailey said of Newman. "He hasn't had a problem with any receiver that I've seen. That says a lot about a cornerback because there are a lot of good receivers in this league."

Bailey has expressed those thoughts to Newman face-to-face.

"One of the greatest things that happened to me was when we played those guys on Thanksgiving," Newman said of the Cowboys' Turkey Day meeting with the Broncos in 2005. "(Bailey) saw how I played the game and said, 'Hey, you should be in Hawaii this year.' I didn't make it, but the fact that he said that . . ."

No one has to tell Newman how well he's performed. He already knows.

"I didn't give up a touchdown in '05, and in '06 I gave up two or three," Newman said. "Guys that were giving up 10, 12 touchdowns made it (to the Pro Bowl). It's not for me to decide. All I can do is just try to keep making plays."

Full Article
 08-18-2007, 01:47 AM         #486
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
Bezerk is too biased and stubborn

I dont waste my time with him anymore

if its clear hes wrong he wont see it, not tat hes being ignorant, he jus sticks to his gunz
what am i wrong about? what is one thing that i've said wrong? That he lets receivers catch the ball underneath? Cuz that's all I've said... I said he doesn't give up big plays... and that he doesn't give up touchdowns, but he gives up everything underneath and makes the tackle (which he does).

Now, what was I wrong about...
I'm not high on Newman at all, but I respect the fact that he doesn't give up NE thing big or long and that he makes just about every tackle though.
 08-18-2007, 01:51 AM         #487
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
Even tho he was hurt any D-Back list that doesn't have Ken Lucas is slippin.. Hes a lock down corner for damn sure. And Deuce Bezerk has a point it has nothing to do with stubborn (At least not in this thread )
I think that the Panthers DB's r one of the top 4 tandems in the league. Lucas is just underrated because he was hurt pretty much ALL year. Me and my sports editor were talking about Lucas today. I really like him and Gamble as a tandem... Makes for a good 11-12 picks a year if they are healthy
 10 years ago '07        #488
vegaspete27k 1 heat pts
space
space
$962 | Props total: 0 0
 JBeezy said:
Wow, so who can I attribute this alias to?
Im my own man. believe that. and i stand by my story.... just new to this site full of people hating on each other everyday. no alias
 10 years ago '05        #489
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
 Phillycat said:
I aint tryin to argue wit nobody over the net but I just thought I would put this out there, actual quotes with source...

"He gets out there and gets in everyone's' face," Bailey said of Newman. "He hasn't had a problem with any receiver that I've seen. That says a lot about a cornerback because there are a lot of good receivers in this league."

"One of the greatest things that happened to me was when we played those guys on Thanksgiving," Newman said of the Cowboys' Turkey Day meeting with the Broncos in 2005. "(Bailey) saw how I played the game and said, 'Hey, you should be in Hawaii this year.' I didn't make it, but the fact that he said that . . ."

"I didn't give up a touchdown in '05, and in '06 I gave up two or three," Newman said. "Guys that were giving up 10, 12 touchdowns made it (to the Pro Bowl). It's not for me to decide. All I can do is just try to keep making plays."

Full Article
Props, NUFF Said! Read the whole Article!
 10 years ago '07        #490
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
 10 years ago '05        #491
Thugologist 
space
space
space
$88 | Props total: 0 0
Newman is the better cover corner and all around corner hands down, why is this discussion still even going on? In 2005, Newman didn't even give up a single touchdown, and last year he gave up like 3 I believe. That is incredible considering he was mostly covering #1's.

Not to mention, just look at the difference of division games which make up half of their season. Newman is constantly covering a Pro Bowl capable receiver in almost every division game, whereas Harris is covering Troy "Stone Hands" Williamson and the lowly Bears receivers. LOL. Harris will have his hands full with Detroit, let's see how he does with them. I know he's had success against Roy Williams in the past.

Bottom line, Newman is a better cover and all around corner playing in a much better division.
 08-18-2007, 11:56 AM         #492
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thugologist said:
Newman is the better cover corner and all around corner hands down, why is this discussion still even going on? In 2005, Newman didn't even give up a single touchdown, and last year he gave up like 3 I believe. That is incredible considering he was mostly covering #1's.

Not to mention, just look at the difference of division games which make up half of their season. Newman is constantly covering a Pro Bowl capable receiver in almost every division game, whereas Harris is covering Troy "Stone Hands" Williamson and the lowly Bears receivers. LOL. Harris will have his hands full with Detroit, let's see how he does with them. I know he's had success against Roy Williams in the past.

Bottom line, Newman is a better cover and all around corner playing in a much better division.
WTF are you talking about?!! Roy Williams >>>> any receiver in your division not on your team.

Chad Johnson, Roy Williams, and Colston all said he is easily one of the best in the entire league. All 3 of those receivers >>>>>> Plaxico, Santana Moss, and Reggie Brown.

Plus Al Harris shutdown Steve Smith and held him to just two catches for 17 yards before. The whole reason why the Packers signed him was because he shutdown T.O. when he was covering him in an Eagles - 49ers game when T.O. was still with the Niners. Last year he was also credited for keeping Arizona's Anquan Boldin, Miami's Chris Chambers and the New York Jets' Laveranues Coles well below their per-game production. Although Lee Evans beat him for a TD last year on a broken coverage, that was only 1 of 2 catches for Evans in the game.

Plus when Roy Williams said all those great things about Al Harris, it was right before a game. His comments should show that he doesn't take Al Harris lightly and brings his A Game every time he plays him. Despite bringing his A game that day, he still only managed 1 catch for 11 yards.

Shutting down Roy Williams on a consistent basis is way harder than shutting down any of the overrated receivers in your division. There is only 1 consistent receiver in your whole division and that is T.O. @ you acting like you constantly face tough receivers in your division. I'd say you guys constantly face tough running games but not the passing game.
 08-18-2007, 12:01 PM         #493
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phillycat said:

Full Article
That's great that Bailey is sitting on the sidelines watching Newman's technique and is praising the dude.

But Chad Johnson, Roy Williams, and Colston comments come directly from PLAYING against Al Harris. Not sitting on the sidelines watching the dude.
 08-18-2007, 12:35 PM         #494
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All I know is fu*k Deangelo and Ronde this year.......Let's all agree to vote for Harris and Newman.
 10 years ago '04        #495
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
^^^:applause: :applause: :applause:

But really man, Colston better than Plax and Santana Moss?

Oh and in 2005 Newman held Steve Smith to one catch for 18 yards before he was ejected in the third quarter. Not saying Smith wouldn't have done more in the next quarter, but holding him to just one in three quarters is amazing. In the same year, Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald were held to 7 catches combined with only 1 TD[Not given up by Newman]. In the same year, Dallas held Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt to a combined 5 catches for 48 yards and 0 TDs.
 08-18-2007, 04:29 PM         #496
dking 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Newman gave up 2 td's last season, and none the season before. Harris plays guys tuff but he gets beat on the double move too much. Newman allday
 10 years ago '05        #497
Thugologist 
space
space
space
$88 | Props total: 0 0
 RediKnight said:
WTF are you talking about?!! Roy Williams >>>> any receiver in your division not on your team.

Chad Johnson, Roy Williams, and Colston all said he is easily one of the best in the entire league. All 3 of those receivers >>>>>> Plaxico, Santana Moss, and Reggie Brown.

Plus Al Harris shutdown Steve Smith and held him to just two catches for 17 yards before. The whole reason why the Packers signed him was because he shutdown T.O. when he was covering him in an Eagles - 49ers game when T.O. was still with the Niners. Last year he was also credited for keeping Arizona's Anquan Boldin, Miami's Chris Chambers and the New York Jets' Laveranues Coles well below their per-game production. Although Lee Evans beat him for a TD last year on a broken coverage, that was only 1 of 2 catches for Evans in the game.

Plus when Roy Williams said all those great things about Al Harris, it was right before a game. His comments should show that he doesn't take Al Harris lightly and brings his A Game every time he plays him. Despite bringing his A game that day, he still only managed 1 catch for 11 yards.

Shutting down Roy Williams on a consistent basis is way harder than shutting down any of the overrated receivers in your division. There is only 1 consistent receiver in your whole division and that is T.O. @ you acting like you constantly face tough receivers in your division. I'd say you guys constantly face tough running games but not the passing game.
Since when were Chad Johnson and Colston in your division? I was emphasizing on division teams. In the Packers division there is Roy Williams..........and then who? The Vikings have the worst receiving corps in the NFL, and the next and only decent receiver is Muhsin Muhammad in Chicago.

Even at that, Roy Williams had one 80+ catch season last year in his short career, so he owns every other receiver now? And Muhammad is just an above average receiver. That division sure is chock full of talented receivers!

Dallas on the other hand has Santana Moss to deal with, who while overrated, is still a consistent big play threat. Chris Cooley at TE has also been a threat and can make plays. Then you have Burress, who is also a big play threat, and caught a respectable amount of balls last year. Don't forget Jeremy Shockey as well. I will agree that Philly has nobody who is a major threat.

All that being said, there is no question that the NFC East has better receivers, even if not by much. If you want to bring up non-division games, Newman has to play in those games too, so he covers his share of top notch receivers. Newman has also completely shut down Steven Smith the last two times he faced him, so what's your point there? The second time he did get ejected before the half, but the game before he shut him down.

Newman has 267 tackles, 12 INT's, and 64 passes defensed in only 4 seasons. Harris has 355 tackles, 17 INT's, and 119 passes defensed in 9 seasons. Newman is going at a much better pace than Harris did. All of this while many teams don't even throw Newman's way. Most teams pick on Henry since he gives up big plays. Not to mention that Newman gave up ZERO TD's in 2005 and I believe only 2 last season.

Last edited by Thugologist; 08-19-2007 at 12:51 PM..
 08-20-2007, 02:03 PM         #498
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thugologist said:
Since when were Chad Johnson and Colston in your division? I was emphasizing on division teams. In the Packers division there is Roy Williams..........and then who? The Vikings have the worst receiving corps in the NFL, and the next and only decent receiver is Muhsin Muhammad in Chicago.

Even at that, Roy Williams had one 80+ catch season last year in his short career, so he owns every other receiver now? And Muhammad is just an above average receiver. That division sure is chock full of talented receivers!

Dallas on the other hand has Santana Moss to deal with, who while overrated, is still a consistent big play threat. Chris Cooley at TE has also been a threat and can make plays. Then you have Burress, who is also a big play threat, and caught a respectable amount of balls last year. Don't forget Jeremy Shockey as well. I will agree that Philly has nobody who is a major threat.

All that being said, there is no question that the NFC East has better receivers, even if not by much. If you want to bring up non-division games, Newman has to play in those games too, so he covers his share of top notch receivers. Newman has also completely shut down Steven Smith the last two times he faced him, so what's your point there? The second time he did get ejected before the half, but the game before he shut him down.

Newman has 267 tackles, 12 INT's, and 64 passes defensed in only 4 seasons. Harris has 355 tackles, 17 INT's, and 119 passes defensed in 9 seasons. Newman is going at a much better pace than Harris did. All of this while many teams don't even throw Newman's way. Most teams pick on Henry since he gives up big plays. Not to mention that Newman gave up ZERO TD's in 2005 and I believe only 2 last season.
You obviously didn't read the thread otherwise you would know why I referenced Chad Johnson and Colston. Read the thread and you will see that there is nothing you posted that hasn't been posted already. But you obviously failed to read the part where Chad Johnson, Colston, Roy Williams, and EA Sports agree with me that all though Newman is good, Harris is better.

All you guys have is a new quote from Champ Bailey saying Newman should be in the Pro Bowl. But nowhere in Champ's quote does it say he is better than Al Harris or top 2 in the league.
 10 years ago '05        #499
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
 RediKnight said:
You obviously didn't read the thread otherwise you would know why I referenced Chad Johnson and Colston. Read the thread and you will see that there is nothing you posted that hasn't been posted already. But you obviously failed to read the part where Chad Johnson, Colston, Roy Williams, and EA Sports agree with me that all though Newman is good, Harris is better.

All you guys have is a new quote from Champ Bailey saying Newman should be in the Pro Bowl. But nowhere in Champ's quote does it say he is better than Al Harris or top 2 in the league.
My question wtf will Champ make any comparison to Al harris, Who know in champ eyes if he thinks Al Harris is any good to him at all or not... Champ Said Newman is good, and he is the best DB in the league and coming from him it means alot!

I mean look at the damn pole, Newman is leading by at least 40 votes and I am sure there is not 90+ dallas fans on here, I swear if it was the other way around you would be like look at the poles!

You are a DIEHARD packer fan, and I am and alot of other people are DIEHARD Dallas, we are not going to sway each others opinions even though I would admit if someone is better or not..

Last edited by DymeKatcha; 08-20-2007 at 04:00 PM..
 09-09-2007, 08:39 PM         #500
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow Al Harris was knocked out the game today with an elbow injury in the first half. He couldn't bend his arm at all but he had that sh*t wrapped and was back in within a few plays later.

Despite having one arm he did not allow a single reception today and had a Pass Deflection in the End Zone with his arm wrapped.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now