most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
81 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Vote
Terence Newman 96 64.43%
Al Harris 53 35.57%
Voters: 149. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-16-2007, 09:56 PM         #461
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
doesnt matter

youre kickin frail a.ss stats

he had one off season

before that he had 3, 3 and 4 inters his 1st 3 seasons

he barely gets thrown to
bullsh*t, he allows tons of fu*king catches... he lets players catch underneath and then tackles the man... that's one reason he has so many damn tackles as a corner.. cuz his man is FOREVER catching the fu*king ball... Newman is the most over rated player i have ever seen in my life and i'm not one for calling someone over rated cuz i think that term is over used
 10 years ago '04        #462
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
 Bezerk said:
bullsh*t, he allows tons of fu*king catches... he lets players catch underneath and then tackles the man... that's one reason he has so many damn tackles as a corner.. cuz his man is FOREVER catching the fu*king ball... Newman is the most over rated player i have ever seen in my life and i'm not one for calling someone over rated cuz i think that term is over used
Stick to talking about college basketball.
 10 years ago '07        #463
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
Ill take Terrance Newman
 08-17-2007, 01:51 AM         #464
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
Stick to talking about college basketball.
yeah, when u have not sh*t to say cuz u know i'm right, u've lost... \

Newman allows a lot of underneath catches... A LOT. But he doesn't allow TD's right?
 10 years ago '07        #465
vegaspete27k 1 heat pts
space
space
$962 | Props total: 0 0
dam jbeezy ur gettin k!lled. I wasnt sure but now im convinced Al Harris is way better right now. Maybe the cowboy fans will have a better arguement in 3 or 4 years if Newman keeps improving. If so he might even be better than Harris at some point. But as of now Newman is defeated just like JBeezy. Yeah but dre bly in the top 10? that was weird Redi. How bout some love for the Raiders CB tandem. Dare I say..... best in the NFL
 10 years ago '04        #466
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 eLLz said:
lmao

as soon as i saw Dre Bly at 6 i said fu*k it

he cant even tackle
@Dre Bly not being able to tackle , are you serious? what makes you say that?

Jim Bates and Rod Marinelli both have said Dre Bly is a pretty good tackler, and his ability to stick his hands in there and force a fumble is comparable to no other corner in the league.

sure hes not the best tackler because he gambles sometimes trying to force the fumble its his instincts as a playmaker but you know Deion couldn't tackle either.......

he gets the job done tho when the ball is in the air.
 08-17-2007, 03:48 AM         #467
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah don't sleep on Asomugha this year.. Kids for real
 10 years ago '04        #468
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 eLLz said:
LOL.... since when does fantasy football prove youre a good player

fu*k fantasy football,

a clutch TD when it counts > dropping the game winning TD but having 3 TDs aside from that

who compared Newman to Bailey? Newman is the 2nd best D-Back in the league hands down

im not gonna argue with you, we'll be in the playoffs and you can enjoy having your DB with one extra secret weapon on Madden
did i just hear something about clutch coming outta dallas fans mouth... irrelevant from here on out
 10 years ago '06        #469
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 finishim said:
did i just hear something about clutch coming outta dallas fans mouth... irrelevant from here on out
right cause one bad playoff game offsets the 5 superbowl wins we have
 10 years ago '04        #470
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 JBeezy said:
I don't give two sh*ts about how hard EA works and who they talk to. Comparing two players real life ability based on ratings given to them by a video game is plain retarded.

Oh and, I live in the midwest, so I'm quite familiar with the Packers and Al Harris.

Those quotes do nothing to prove your point. Of course his former teammate and coach are gonna say good things about him. I could bring up quotes from Cowboy players about Newman, but that would be stupid because they have to say good things about him.

The Packers are lucky that he was worth a second round pick. 7 INTs in 5 years is nothing to write home about. Not to mention Philly's blitz scheme can make any CB look like a star[Hence Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown].

So is Charles Woodson now a better CB than Newman? Granted, the over the hill comment was off but no one really brings him up anymore since he can't stay healthy and didn't do much in Oakland. Also, this was his first year in GB, it was Harris' fourth.

If Barnett is third in his own division in tackles, who the fu*k is gonna care about him outside of GB? He may be a top tier LB in that division but isn't a blip on the radar of the NFL.

My point is, Harris stands out on that GB defense. The star appeal of Ware and Roy is FAR GREATER than Barnett, Woodson and Kampman. And since Newman isn't flashy, it's even harder for him to stand out. Harris is the lone wolf on that defense[Not saying other guys aren't talented but there aren't any other real big names that people care about]
why the HELL are you comparing nick barnett when aj hawk is our premiere lb?
 10 years ago '04        #471
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 Skip>>>Ronnie said:
the lions are gunna finish ahead of the packers this season
ur an alias.. get a life..:sleepy:
 10 years ago '04        #472
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 eLLz said:
right cause one bad playoff game offsets the 5 superbowl wins we have
its the 2000s.. when was the last time dallas won a superbowl?? or even made the playoffs and made a run that actually mattered??
 10 years ago '06        #473
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 K1Entertainment said:
@Dre Bly not being able to tackle , are you serious? what makes you say that?

Jim Bates and Rod Marinelli both have said Dre Bly is a pretty good tackler, and his ability to stick his hands in there and force a fumble is comparable to no other corner in the league.

sure hes not the best tackler because he gambles sometimes trying to force the fumble its his instincts as a playmaker but you know Deion couldn't tackle either.......

he gets the job done tho when the ball is in the air.
Dre Bly gets k!lled on jump balls by bigger receivers and guesses way too much.... hes too all all or nothing, which is why he had all those inters, Dre Bly was a part of the 2nd worst pass defense in the league.... you put him in the top 15 youre trippin

i like Bly as a #2 D-Back tho... i dont like him more then Darrent Williams (RIP) but i think he'll fill in nice
 08-17-2007, 11:28 AM         #474
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dre Bly held it down in Detroit despite having little to no help in the secondary or outside pass rush. Bottom line is the guy makes more big plays than he gives up.

I think playing opposite Champ, Dre will have a monster season this year. In 8 seasons he's had at least 3 picks in 7 of the 8 seasons and he's had three 6 picks seasons.

Playing opposite Champ I expect him to set a career high in INT's this year with at least 8. I think being a part of such a solid secondary will allow Dre to do what he does best which is go after balls and make plays. It won't matter if he's an average tackler this year when you have those LB's and John Lynch back there.

And the Raiders tandem have tremendous upside but they need to improve on last season before I put them up their with the other top tandems in the league.
 10 years ago '04        #475
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 vegaspete27k said:
dam jbeezy ur gettin k!lled. I wasnt sure but now im convinced Al Harris is way better right now. Maybe the cowboy fans will have a better arguement in 3 or 4 years if Newman keeps improving. If so he might even be better than Harris at some point. But as of now Newman is defeated just like JBeezy. Yeah but dre bly in the top 10? that was weird Redi. How bout some love for the Raiders CB tandem. Dare I say..... best in the NFL
Wow, so who can I attribute this alias to?
 10 years ago '04        #476
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 Bezerk said:
yeah, when u have not sh*t to say cuz u know i'm right, u've lost... \

Newman allows a lot of underneath catches... A LOT. But he doesn't allow TD's right?
I've already said what I've had to say about this subject. In fact, Redi and I are having a nice discussion about it. I don't have sh*t else to say to you because unlike Redi, you didn't bring anything worthwhile to the table. He may allow an underneath pass here or there, but he's a VERY good tackler. But you're right, he doesn't allow TDs.
 10 years ago '04        #477
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 finishim said:
why the HELL are you comparing nick barnett when aj hawk is our premiere lb?
I was comparing Dallas' and Green Bay's defenes and the star power of other players on the defense. Barnett has been there longer, so I used him.......

Nice job at coming into an argument late, and truely showing that your lost and don't know what the fu*k is going on.
 08-17-2007, 01:59 PM         #478
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
I've already said what I've had to say about this subject. In fact, Redi and I are having a nice discussion about it. I don't have sh*t else to say to you because unlike Redi, you didn't bring anything worthwhile to the table. He may allow an underneath pass here or there, but he's a VERY good tackler. But you're right, he doesn't allow TDs.
If by here or there, u mean a sh*t load for a #1 corner... than yes, its here or there.

Newman is not as good as you are making him seem. giving up tons of underneath passes and making the tackle does not make u a shut down corner or premiere corner by any means... like I said, that's y his tackles r so high for his position. You know it's not because he's tackling running backs in the secondary...
Now if you want to say I don't bring NE thing to the table cuz you don't want to hear the truth and you have no argument for it, I understand.
 08-17-2007, 02:10 PM         #479
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Madden Allias >>> This Thread
 08-17-2007, 02:16 PM         #480
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bezerk said:
If by here or there, u mean a sh*t load for a #1 corner... than yes, its here or there.

Newman is not as good as you are making him seem. giving up tons of underneath passes and making the tackle does not make u a shut down corner or premiere corner by any means... like I said, that's y his tackles r so high for his position. You know it's not because he's tackling running backs in the secondary...
Now if you want to say I don't bring NE thing to the table cuz you don't want to hear the truth and you have no argument for it, I understand.
Although I think right now Al Harris is still better, you are still underrating Newman. Newman has had some games where he was able to take out the other teams #1 wide receiver. His speed is what allows him to get a lot of tackles and it is also what stops receivers from getting big gains and touchdowns. I'd rather have a speedy CB that doesn't give up big gains and is in position to occasionally get his hands on balls, then to have a speedy CB who takes too many risks and gets beat on deep balls.

Perfect example is Ahmad Carroll. Dude had blazing speed and could tackle as good as any DB out there, but he would gamble too much and constantly find himself out of position. Plus he put his hands on receivers way too much and was penalized quite often. Newman on the other hand has great speed but doesn't make those same mistakes.

But the reason why I still think Al Harris is above Newman at this point is his abilities and the line of scrimmage and his bump and run. Al is right up there with Champ with being one of the best at taking a guy off his route and frustrating the receiver. To a receiver they would much rather face a guy like Newman than Al. Most receivers have Newman and Champ type speed, but most receivers will be frustrated with constantly being knocked off their route. Because if they're not hitting their routes early, the QB will tend to go away from them.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
98 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
56 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
59 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy