Terence Newman Or Al Harris?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
150 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
194 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Vote
Terence Newman 96 64.43%
Al Harris 53 35.57%
Voters: 149. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-16-2007, 03:06 PM         #441
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Champ Bailey>Chris McAllister> the rest
 10 years ago '06        #442
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
smh word i forgot McAlister

3rd

1. Champ
2. McAlister
3. Newman
4. Mathis
5. Samuel/Harris
 08-16-2007, 03:10 PM         #443
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
who compared Newman to Bailey? Newman is the 2nd best D-Back in the league hands down
Dude you're putting him in the same league as Champ by saying he's 2nd best in the league. Newman ain't even top 6. Al Harris is top 3 or 4 easily. I however just said Al Harris is better than Newman. The only one who compared Harris to Champ was Chad Johnson who clearly knows the game of football better than some Cowboys d*ckriders. Please find anybody with any credibility to support your case. So far you've provided nothing. I however have provided 4 HIGHLY Credible Sources.

eLLz said:
im not gonna argue with you, we'll be in the playoffs and you can enjoy having your DB with one extra secret weapon on Madden
sh*t I'd rather just miss the playoffs than to see Favre come out and blow my teams whole season in the wild card round on a fumbled field goal hold.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by RediKnight; 08-16-2007 at 03:16 PM..
 08-16-2007, 03:16 PM         #444
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
smh word i forgot McAlister

3rd

1. Champ
2. McAlister
3. Newman
4. Mathis
5. Samuel/Harris

1. Champ
2. McAlister
3. Harris
4. Samuel
5. Mathis
6. Dre Bly
7. Lito
8. Woodson
9. Barber
10. Newman
 10 years ago '06        #445
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
lmao

as soon as i saw Dre Bly at 6 i said fu*k it

he cant even tackle
 08-16-2007, 03:22 PM         #446
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
18 pages and not one Cowboy fan can find me a qoute from a credible source stating that Newman is one of the best in the league and easily top 3.

I'm still waiting.
[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '06        #447
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space

they have Newman at 4... Harris not even in the top 5
 08-16-2007, 03:32 PM         #448
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:

they have Newman at 4... Harris not even in the top 5
This is all you could come up with? Clark Judge? I said someone with some credibility. You know someone who has actually played against some of these DB's. If you looked at my list and laughed at it with Dre Bly at 6 how could you take this list serious with Dunta Robinson at 5.

Try again.

Last edited by RediKnight; 08-16-2007 at 03:36 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #449
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
Cornerback Terence Newman is excellent. He had only one interception in 2006, but this shows why interceptions are a limited statistic. He was good in pass coverage, and more importantly, opposing quarterbacks thought Anthony Henry was worse. Henry was average when it came to Success Rate and yards allowed per pass, but he faced almost twice as many throws as Newman did. Henry is starting to age at 31, and nickel back Aaron Glenn is really starting to age at 35.

the fu*k do i look like finding articles

youre a hater.. no point
 08-16-2007, 03:43 PM         #450
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:

the fu*k do i look like finding articles

youre a hater.. no point
OOOOOH you're k!llin' me with Aaron Schatz and Clark Judge. :rolleyes:

I said Quotes from someone with credibility. By now you should know I challenged you to find a quote for a reason. Its not because I'm a hater, its because there aren't any quotes out there about Newman. The only quote you will find about Newman is the one from Roy Williams where he said,

"He's an outstanding football player, a former number one draft pick and he's a great player. He played against me in college and he's going to go out there and do his job. I played (against) him at Kansas State. I had a hamstring injury and really wasn't supposed to play but went out there and played. He did a good job. He manned up on me and did a great job."

But right after he said that he said this,
"Everybody asks me who I think the best corner in the NFL is and Al Harris is the best corner in the NFL."

So the only guy you got with any credibility is the one guy I got who says Al Harris stands above all the rest.

Last edited by RediKnight; 08-16-2007 at 03:45 PM..
 08-16-2007, 03:53 PM         #451
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
^Al Harris has played every game for 9 seasons and only has 17 Inters.... thats less then 2 a season

fu*kin idiot.... Newman has 12 career interceptions in 4 years... thats 3 a season

i wonder what the fu*k yall watch honestly.....
maybe ur a fu*king idiot.... or maybe u just can't read....

where did i say the words "Al" or "Harris" or "better"?
 10 years ago '06        #452
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Bezerk said:
maybe ur a fu*king idiot.... or maybe u just can't read....

where did i say the words "Al" or "Harris" or "better"?
doesnt matter

youre kickin frail a.ss stats

he had one off season

before that he had 3, 3 and 4 inters his 1st 3 seasons

he barely gets thrown to
 08-16-2007, 04:24 PM         #453
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
doesnt matter

youre kickin frail a.ss stats

he had one off season

before that he had 3, 3 and 4 inters his 1st 3 seasons

he barely gets thrown to
You think Al gets thrown to? Hell no. Did you know that Charles Woodson had just six interceptions and 25 passes defensed his final four seasons in Oakland? But his first year with a shutdown CB playing opposite him he was able to haul in 8 INT's, 26 pass deflections, and 3 forced fumbles. Do you think that was a coincidence? Charles Woodson doesn't.

Here is the first words that came out of his mouth when asked about getting his career high 6th INT on the season:

"Thanks to Al Harris," Woodson said of his interception total this season. "I thank him for being such a great athlete. I hope that anybody around here who has any votes for the Pro Bowl, I hope you voted for him because he certainly deserves it."
 10 years ago '04        #454
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
Dude his quotes are on Page 1. Since you obviously didn't read them I'll post it again for you.

“His ability to win at the line of scrimmage and his ability to transition if he doesn’t, puts him in the same class as Champ (Bailey). He can do the same things that Champ can do. Those are the only two who I’ve seen who are able to do that. That’s why I put him up there with the rest of them. He’s ridiculous. He’s ridiculously good.”

Did he say anywhere in there that Harris is better? No. He said he is in the same class. Please find me a quote where anybody compared Newman to Champ. We will call this last statement by you Exhibit A.
Champ Bailey is in a class all to his own. It's him, then everyone else in the league and just because CJ says otherwise means nothing. Anyone that knows anything about football will tell you that Champ Bailey is on a level that no one in the league right now is at. I don't care what the hell CJ or Roy said because they're just two of many WRs in the game. Colston is a fu*kin' rookie and doesn't count in this argument.

This just ain't any old video game company. We all know that more research and development goes into Madden than any other video game in the history of video games. Plus with their exclusive NFL license they get carte blanche when dealing with the NFL and their players. They may underrate the occasional rookie here and there, but players like Harris and Newman, the rankings are spot on.
So there are never any instances of players[vets] being over or underrated? They're always 100% accurate? I'll ask you this again, how the fu*k can smeone put a number rating on a players' awareness or smarts? They may know roughly where a player should be ranked in relation to other players but the actual ratings themselves are meaningless. And until a players 'weapons' are an official stat utilized by the NFL, it means nothing. Until then, it's just a meaningless rating in a VIDEO GAME.

All this means is that three years in a row, Al Harris has beat Newman in Pro-Bowl voting, despite the fact that probably more people know who Newman is. Just more proof for my case. And don't tell me about popularity because Newman is clearly more popular. Newman is a first round draft pick from just a few years ago so most people know his name. Half the people on this board couldn't tell you who Al Harris played for before the Packers and even an Eagles fan in this thread thinks they traded him for a 4th round pick. The Packers actually traded a 2nd round pick for him because the Eagles wouldn't let him go for anything less. To put that in perspective Randy Moss was traded to the Pats for a 4th round pick.
No one knows who Harris played for before GB because he was IRRELEVANT in Philly. Even Philly fans on this site has said as much. He was a nobody while in his first years with Philly, while Newman, since day one, was probably Dallas' best defensive player, and if not best, right up there with the best.

How is Newman clearly more popular? Everytime someone talks about Dallas' defense, who are the first two names brought up? Yup, you guessed it, Roy Williams and DeMarkus Ware. Meanwhile, who else does GB's defense have to offer? An over the hill Woodson? Nick Barnett, who's no where near a top tier LB in this league? Al Harris is the man on that defense, while Newman shares the spotlight.

Please refer to Exhibit A for an example of where people on this site don't know what the fu*k they are talking about.
That's cute.....but I gaurantee you if the poll was the other way around you'd be using it as more of your 'ammunition'..........
 10 years ago '04        #455
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 RediKnight said:
This is all you could come up with? Clark Judge? I said someone with some credibility. You know someone who has actually played against some of these DB's. If you looked at my list and laughed at it with Dre Bly at 6 how could you take this list serious with Dunta Robinson at 5.

Try again.
Has anyone at EA Sports played against either Newman or Harris? After all, they came in and owned the thread right?
 08-16-2007, 05:29 PM         #456
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
So there are never any instances of players[vets] being over or underrated? They're always 100% accurate? I'll ask you this again, how the fu*k can smeone put a number rating on a players' awareness or smarts? They may know roughly where a player should be ranked in relation to other players but the actual ratings themselves are meaningless. And until a players 'weapons' are an official stat utilized by the NFL, it means nothing. Until then, it's just a meaningless rating in a VIDEO GAME.
This is a franchise who's credibility relies on the statement: "If its in the game, its in the game." There is not a sports game out there that takes ranking the players more seriously than Madden. Especially when it comes to the vets. I bet you didn't know that EA not only talks to scouts, players, coaches, GM's, but they also watch film. How much film did you go watch on Harris before you entered this argument?

JBeezy said:
No one knows who Harris played for before GB because he was IRRELEVANT in Philly. Even Philly fans on this site has said as much. He was a nobody while in his first years with Philly, while Newman, since day one, was probably Dallas' best defensive player, and if not best, right up there with the best.
Guys who are irrelevant don't get traded for 2nd round picks. Period. Just to prove my point here is what Andy Reid and Dawkins had to say about Harris after he joined the Packers.

Andy Reid when asked about letting him go to the Packers:
"Our defensive coaches didn't want to see him go," Reid said. "We considered him a starter when he was here."

"Al's one of my favorite guys," Reid said. "He has a great personality and he's a good person. He loves to play the game."

Pro Bowl Safety Brian Dawkins:
"He's a very aggressive corner. He's a friend of mine. He's very dependable."

JBeezy said:
How is Newman clearly more popular? Everytime someone talks about Dallas' defense, who are the first two names brought up? Yup, you guessed it, Roy Williams and DeMarkus Ware. Meanwhile, who else does GB's defense have to offer? An over the hill Woodson? Nick Barnett, who's no where near a top tier LB in this league? Al Harris is the man on that defense, while Newman shares the spotlight.
You act like Green Bay's defense has gotten any shine over the past 3 years. An over the hill Woodson did more last season than Newman's past two seasons combined. Nick Barnett is a tackling machine and is only behind Urlacher and Briggs in the NFC North. Last year the player who got the most spotlight on our defense was not Al Harris. It was Aaron Kampman because he led the NFC in sacks. The year before he was either 1st or 2nd amongst defensive lineman in tackles.

And you act like its a bad thing to share the spotlight with Roy Williams and DeMarcus Ware. If anything Newman gets more exposure because of those two. You can bet that people around the league watch the Cowboys' defense more than Green Bay. Just like guys on Baltimore and Chicago are getting their shine because all the exposure guys like Ray Lewis and Urlacher have brought to their units.

JBeezy said:
That's cute.....but I gaurantee you if the poll was the other way around you'd be using it as more of your 'ammunition'..........
I wasn't referring to the poll. I was referring to your statement that "CJ said Al is the best in the league, better than Champ." More proof that half the people on the site skim over sh*t without reading and make comments based on their lazy naivety.

Last edited by RediKnight; 08-16-2007 at 05:31 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #457
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
This is a franchise who's credibility relies on the statement: "If its in the game, its in the game." There is not a sports game out there that takes ranking the players more seriously than Madden. Especially when it comes to the vets. I bet you didn't know that EA not only talks to scouts, players, coaches, GM's, but they also watch film. How much film did you go watch on Harris before you entered this argument?
I don't give two sh*ts about how hard EA works and who they talk to. Comparing two players real life ability based on ratings given to them by a video game is plain retarded.

Oh and, I live in the midwest, so I'm quite familiar with the Packers and Al Harris.

Guys who are irrelevant don't get traded for 2nd round picks. Period. Just to prove my point here is what Andy Reid and Dawkins had to say about Harris after he joined the Packers.

Andy Reid when asked about letting him go to the Packers:
"Our defensive coaches didn't want to see him go," Reid said. "We considered him a starter when he was here."

"Al's one of my favorite guys," Reid said. "He has a great personality and he's a good person. He loves to play the game."

Pro Bowl Safety Brian Dawkins:
"He's a very aggressive corner. He's a friend of mine. He's very dependable.
Those quotes do nothing to prove your point. Of course his former teammate and coach are gonna say good things about him. I could bring up quotes from Cowboy players about Newman, but that would be stupid because they have to say good things about him.

The Packers are lucky that he was worth a second round pick. 7 INTs in 5 years is nothing to write home about. Not to mention Philly's blitz scheme can make any CB look like a star[Hence Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown].

You act like Green Bay's defense has gotten any shine over the past 3 years. An over the hill Woodson did more last season than Newman's past two seasons combined. Nick Barnett is a tackling machine and is only behind Urlacher and Briggs in the NFC North. Last year the player who got the most spotlight on our defense was not Al Harris. It was Aaron Kampman because he led the NFC in sacks. The year before he was either 1st or 2nd amongst defensive lineman in tackles.
So is Charles Woodson now a better CB than Newman? Granted, the over the hill comment was off but no one really brings him up anymore since he can't stay healthy and didn't do much in Oakland. Also, this was his first year in GB, it was Harris' fourth.

If Barnett is third in his own division in tackles, who the fu*k is gonna care about him outside of GB? He may be a top tier LB in that division but isn't a blip on the radar of the NFL.

And you act like its a bad thing to share the spotlight with Roy Williams and DeMarcus Ware. If anything Newman gets more exposure because of those two. You can bet that people around the league watch the Cowboys' defense more than Green Bay. Just like guys on Baltimore and Chicago are getting their shine because all the exposure guys like Ray Lewis and Urlacher have brought to their units.
My point is, Harris stands out on that GB defense. The star appeal of Ware and Roy is FAR GREATER than Barnett, Woodson and Kampman. And since Newman isn't flashy, it's even harder for him to stand out. Harris is the lone wolf on that defense[Not saying other guys aren't talented but there aren't any other real big names that people care about]

Last edited by JBeezy; 08-16-2007 at 08:29 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #458
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
This sh*ts still going on? theres about 10 CBs I'd take before one of these scrubs.

Sheldon Brown>>>>>

Lito Sheppard>>>>>>
 10 years ago '05        #459
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
^^^^ No one cares about your opinion....lol Philly Fan stay out of our thread!
 10 years ago '07        #460
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
While Bailey is certainly confident in his own game, he's not above giving credit when it's due, and he threw a little Newman's way on Thursday.

"He gets out there and gets in everyone's' face," Bailey said of Newman. "He hasn't had a problem with any receiver that I've seen. That says a lot about a cornerback because there are a lot of good receivers in this league."

Bailey has expressed those thoughts to Newman face-to-face.

"One of the greatest things that happened to me was when we played those guys on Thanksgiving," Newman said of the Cowboys' Turkey Day meeting with the Broncos in 2005. "(Bailey) saw how I played the game and said, 'Hey, you should be in Hawaii this year.' I didn't make it, but the fact that he said that . . ."

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago