Terence Newman Or Al Harris?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
150 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
194 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Vote
Terence Newman 96 64.43%
Al Harris 53 35.57%
Voters: 149. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #421
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 RediKnight said:
The fact that he stopped Johnson for a 2 yard gain should tell you he was matched up against him. If it was a stop on a 16 or 20 yard gain then you can argue that somebody else was on him but Newman was there to help get the stop.

Either way you guys were acting like Chad's never faced Newman when clearly he has. And its not like Chad goes up against Harris every year either. He's probably played against him only a few times, but that was enough to know that Al is one of the best at taking him out of his game.
Fact is, no one can tell anything from a game summary. He could have been covering TJ the whole game, or he could just have gotten beaten badly by CJ and that's the reason for the other Dallas players making the tackle.

WE DON'T KNOW.

This thread just needs to die. You have CJ and EA Sports[ ] as your evidence, and I have the fact that Newman went almost two full seasons without giving up a TD..........neither of us are budging.
 10 years ago '07        #422
Nasty69 
space
space
space
$219 | Props total: 1 1
Newman
 10 years ago '05        #423
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
Bum Chicka Wah Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 08-15-2007, 05:17 PM         #424
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You can tell a lot of people haven't seen Harris play when they say "Newman is easily"
 10 years ago '07        #425
AfricanBUNB 
space
space
$55 | Props total: 0 0
why the fu*k is this thread sooo long???
 08-15-2007, 05:37 PM         #426
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AfricanBUNB said:
why the fu*k is this thread sooo long???
Because this debate has gone on since March.
 10 years ago '04        #427
PHILADELPHIA 
space
space
$4,933 | Props total: 0 0
 JBeezy said:
Fact is, no one can tell anything from a game summary. He could have been covering TJ the whole game, or he could just have gotten beaten badly by CJ and that's the reason for the other Dallas players making the tackle.

WE DON'T KNOW.

This thread just needs to die. You have CJ and EA Sports[ ] as your evidence, and I have the fact that Newman went almost two full seasons without giving up a TD..........neither of us are budging.
mos tof the time...90% of the time....Corners play thier side of the field....Left or Right...not a piticular Player....NFL team often switch thier WRs side to side (except the colts, who rarely ever take marvin off the right side).....soooooo

he may have stuck him some of the game...maybe not.....its not Madden defensive a.ssignment fellas....

but Terrence is an Elite corner.....Al is good but not as nice as Newman....fu*k THE COWBOYS...

Lito and Sheldon>*
 10 years ago '05        #428
K. Fraze 
space
space
$870 | Props total: 0 0
rashean mathis ...
 08-16-2007, 11:34 AM         #429
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:

WE DON'T KNOW.

Actually I have EA Sports, Ocho Cinco, Roy Williams, and Marques Colston. All you have is a stat that is not official and is debatable. And it is not a current streak since he's been beat for TD's by Ashley Lelie and Mike Williams since the streak. Both those players have been dropped by their respective teams. Over the same time span Al Harris has only been beat by Torry Holt, Bernard Berrian, and Lee Evans. The Lee Evans one was also debatable that it was a broken coverage by the safety.

I also have the fact that Al Harris was selected as a Pro Bowl Alternate the past 3 years in a row. Newman hasn't even sniffed a Pro Bowl.

Redi's Ammunition
- 2 Pro Bowl WR's
- EA Sports (Extremely unbiased when it comes to rating talent)
- 3 Pro Bowl Alternate Selections

JBeezy's Ammunition
- A streak that ended almost two years ago.
- A poll on a fansite that at least half of its members clearly don't have a clue what they're talking about

I know a lot of Cowboys fans bi*ch and moan that Newman doesn't make the Pro Bowl because of the selection of Deangelo Hall. But you all fail to realize that Newman does not make the Pro Bowl as an alternate either because he is behind Al Harris every year in the voting.
 08-16-2007, 11:59 AM         #430
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PHILADELPHIA said:
mos tof the time...90% of the time....Corners play thier side of the field....Left or Right...not a piticular Player....NFL team often switch thier WRs side to side (except the colts, who rarely ever take marvin off the right side).....soooooo
Except for when talking about Al Harris. You obviously didn't read Roy Williams comments from Page 1:

Williams said last week that Harris is the ONLY cornerback he's aware of who ALWAYS matches up with him no matter where he goes.

"He will shut down that No. 1 receiver, whoever he is matched up with. They may leave the game with two catches for 29 yards. That's just the type of player he is. He's my measuring stick for how good I can be against him because like I said, I think he's the best corner in this league. I think he's a Pro Bowler. I think he's overlooked and underestimated."
 08-16-2007, 12:08 PM         #431
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how does a corner with 1 pick and 4948904948049840984 catches allowed this highly regarded? I just don't understand... I don't care how many TD's the fu*ker has personally "allowed" because the cowboys have given up sh*t loads of TD's and i'm sure some were his fault and some he could've prevented... Newman lets receivers catch balls (no homo) on him all the fu*king time...
 10 years ago '06        #432
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
^Al Harris has played every game for 9 seasons and only has 17 Inters.... thats less then 2 a season

fu*kin idiot.... Newman has 12 career interceptions in 4 years... thats 3 a season

i wonder what the fu*k yall watch honestly.....
 10 years ago '04        #433
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
Since when does the Pro Bowl mean sh*t?

I mean c'mon, Romo made it after playing like 9 games what does that say? We all know it's a popularity contest and popularity doesn't always mean a
player is the best at what they do........

Redi's Ammunition
- 2 Pro Bowl WR's

Their opinion should be respected........but the fact is, they're just two of many. CJ said Al Harris is the best in the game......so are you gonna sit here and tell me he's even better than Champ Bailey?
This is your ace in the hole? A video game company's ratings? How the fu*k do you put a number rating on a players 'smarts' or awareness anyway?
OH MY fu*kING GOD! HARRIS WAS A PRO BOWL ALTERNATE! What the fu*k does that mean? Absolutely nothing. I guess fans across the country don't know what they're talking about either because despite those two Pro Bowl WR's who think he's the best in the game, they only voted for him as an alternate.

JBeezy's Ammunition

It doesn't matter when the streak started or ended. He's only played 4 years in this league and not giving up a TD for nearly half of that time is amazing.
- A poll on a fansite that at least half of its members clearly don't have a clue what they're talking about
They only don't know what they're talking about because they disagree with you........does that sound about right?
 10 years ago '06        #434
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 RediKnight said:
Actually I have EA Sports, Ocho Cinco, Roy Williams, and Marques Colston. All you have is a stat that is not official and is debatable. And it is not a current streak since he's been beat for TD's by Ashley Lelie and Mike Williams since the streak. Both those players have been dropped by their respective teams. Over the same time span Al Harris has only been beat by Torry Holt, Bernard Berrian, and Lee Evans. The Lee Evans one was also debatable that it was a broken coverage by the safety.

I also have the fact that Al Harris was selected as a Pro Bowl Alternate the past 3 years in a row. Newman hasn't even sniffed a Pro Bowl.

Redi's Ammunition
- 2 Pro Bowl WR's

JBeezy's Ammunition

I know a lot of Cowboys fans bi*ch and moan that Newman doesn't make the Pro Bowl because of the selection of Deangelo Hall. But you all fail to realize that Newman does not make the Pro Bowl as an alternate either because he is behind Al Harris every year in the voting.
man youre comparing a 9 year vet to a 4 year player

nuff said

Al Harris didnt make the pro bowl til his 7th season... he was a scrub with Philly
 08-16-2007, 02:17 PM         #435
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
Since when does the Pro Bowl mean sh*t?

I mean c'mon, Romo made it after playing like 9 games what does that say? We all know it's a popularity contest and popularity doesn't always mean a
player is the best at what they do........

Redi's Ammunition
- 2 Pro Bowl WR's
Their opinion should be respected........but the fact is, they're just two of many. CJ said Al Harris is the best in the game......so are you gonna sit here and tell me he's even better than Champ Bailey?
Dude his quotes are on Page 1. Since you obviously didn't read them I'll post it again for you.

“His ability to win at the line of scrimmage and his ability to transition if he doesn’t, puts him in the same class as Champ (Bailey). He can do the same things that Champ can do. Those are the only two who I’ve seen who are able to do that. That’s why I put him up there with the rest of them. He’s ridiculous. He’s ridiculously good.”

Did he say anywhere in there that Harris is better? No. He said he is in the same class. Please find me a quote where anybody compared Newman to Champ. We will call this last statement by you Exhibit A.

JBeezy said:
This is your ace in the hole? A video game company's ratings? How the fu*k do you put a number rating on a players 'smarts' or awareness anyway?
This just ain't any old video game company. We all know that more research and development goes into Madden than any other video game in the history of video games. Plus with their exclusive NFL license they get carte blanche when dealing with the NFL and their players. They may underrate the occasional rookie here and there, but players like Harris and Newman, the rankings are spot on.

JBeezy said:
OH MY fu*kING GOD! HARRIS WAS A PRO BOWL ALTERNATE! What the fu*k does that mean? Absolutely nothing. I guess fans across the country don't know what they're talking about either because despite those two Pro Bowl WR's who think he's the best in the game, they only voted for him as an alternate.
All this means is that three years in a row, Al Harris has beat Newman in Pro-Bowl voting, despite the fact that probably more people know who Newman is. Just more proof for my case. And don't tell me about popularity because Newman is clearly more popular. Newman is a first round draft pick from just a few years ago so most people know his name. Half the people on this board couldn't tell you who Al Harris played for before the Packers and even an Eagles fan in this thread thinks they traded him for a 4th round pick. The Packers actually traded a 2nd round pick for him because the Eagles wouldn't let him go for anything less. To put that in perspective Randy Moss was traded to the Pats for a 4th round pick.

JBeezy said:
They only don't know what they're talking about because they disagree with you........does that sound about right?
Please refer to Exhibit A for an example of where people on this site don't know what the fu*k they are talking about.
 08-16-2007, 02:28 PM         #436
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
man youre comparing a 9 year vet to a 4 year player

nuff said

Al Harris didnt make the pro bowl til his 7th season... he was a scrub with Philly

You sound defeated.
[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #437
PHILADELPHIA 
space
space
$4,933 | Props total: 0 0
picks dont make you a great corner....if that was tru lito>*
 10 years ago '06        #438
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
why cause you post weighted stats?

Harris has played more then double the years Newman has he should be in more pro bowls if hes as great as you rep, hes 5 years up on Terrence

bottom line is that Terrence is a better D-Back.... you still think that Favre is gonna have a good season

and i aint even bringing up the fact that Newman is the punt returner, another aspect that Harris cant deliver at

Last edited by eLLz; 08-16-2007 at 02:40 PM..
 08-16-2007, 02:48 PM         #439
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
why cause you post weighted stats?

Harris has played more then double the years Newman has he should be in more pro bowls if hes as great as you rep, hes 5 years up on Terrence

bottom line is that Terrence is a better D-Back.... you still think that Favre is gonna have a good season
Just face it. I've never OWNED anybody worse on the BX than I have you and JBeezy in this thread. Bottom line is you can't find one quote from ANYBODY outside of Dallas that has compared Newman to a top DB like Champ. I found 3 and then EA just sonned this whole entire thread with their weapon rankings.

[pic - click to view]

And check your Yahoo 2006 fantasy scores. Favre was a top 50 overall fantasy player and that was with pretty much only one solid receiver and 3 rookie offensive lineman. This year Favre will crack the top 25.

If you break it down by QB Favre was the 10th overall QB in fantasy scoring last year. That means in a 10 team league he is worthy of a starting position. I rode with Carson Palmer as my starter last year and Favre as my backup. 3 out of the 4 times I started Favre over Palmer he outscored him that week.

Last edited by RediKnight; 08-16-2007 at 02:57 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #440
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
LOL.... since when does fantasy football prove youre a good player

fu*k fantasy football,

a clutch TD when it counts > dropping the game winning TD but having 3 TDs aside from that

who compared Newman to Bailey? Newman is the 2nd best D-Back in the league hands down

im not gonna argue with you, we'll be in the playoffs and you can enjoy having your DB with one extra secret weapon on Madden
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago