Terence Newman Or Al Harris?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Vote
Terence Newman 96 64.43%
Al Harris 53 35.57%
Voters: 149. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
10540 pageviews
505 comments

JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 413 413
Terence Newman Or Al Harris?

I really don't think it's even close but some Packer homers seem to disagree so vote bi*ches

Notice how my poll options aren't completely biased either Redknight.......take some notes.

Last edited by JBeezy; 03-22-2007 at 03:28 PM..

505 comments for "Terence Newman Or Al Harris?"

03-22-2007, 03:30 PM         #2
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hate the cowboys :finger:

But I'd have to go with Newman. as good as Al Harris is, Newman is the reason the Cowflops pass defense defense was so good the past few years (even with Roy Williams non-covering a.ss). IMO the best corner at his age level.

but Al Harris is slept on, the Pack's coverage schemes/system are known to ruin good defensive-backs, that could influence his performance for the worse. He still does a good job even though Green Bay expects way too much from the secondary.

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 03-22-2007 at 03:34 PM..
 03-22-2007, 03:38 PM         #3
ai3theanswer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Al Harris, no doubt, Terrence Newman allows too many big plays, Al will shut down a #1 WR, ask Roy Williams.
 03-22-2007, 03:47 PM         #4
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
'should have made the poll public BTW
 11 years ago '04        #5
JBeezy 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 413 413
^^^You're right............:banghead:
 11 years ago '04        #6
Cage 13 heat pts13
space
space
$5,531 | Props total: 3540 3540
newman....
 03-22-2007, 04:02 PM         #7
mvick0772 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Al Harris, he just seem more all around
 11 years ago '07        #8
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,112 | Props total: 6324 6324
ill give to al although both are pro bowl talents....
 03-22-2007, 04:14 PM         #9
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Definitely T-New
 11 years ago '07        #10
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,524 | Props total: 43696 43696
wtf newman isnt even that nice. al harris any day.

it shouldnt even be a comparrison.
 11 years ago '07        #11
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
newman got raosted soooooo many times last year.

p.s stop making al harris threads .
 11 years ago '04        #12
gopherboy7 
space
space
space
$270 | Props total: 0 0
Man Al Harris all day hes a lockdown corner!!!
 03-22-2007, 04:21 PM         #13
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gopherboy7 said:
Man Al Harris all day hes a lockdown corner!!!
*pause for dramatical effect*

hes far from lockdown... we won't compare him to champ anyday
 03-22-2007, 04:28 PM         #14
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
hes far from lockdown... we won't compare him to champ anyday

We don't have to........ Chad Johnson already did.

“His ability to win at the line of scrimmage and his ability to transition if he doesn’t, puts him in the same class as Champ (Bailey). He can do the same things that Champ can do. Those are the only two who I’ve seen who are able to do that. That’s why I put him up there with the rest of them. He’s ridiculous. He’s ridiculously good.”

Now please find me a quote from any Pro Bowl WR saying that Newman can possibly shut them down. Find me ONE.
 11 years ago '07        #15
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
 RediKnight said:

“His ability to win at the line of scrimmage and his ability to transition if he doesn’t, puts him in the same class as Champ (Bailey). He can do the same things that Champ can do. Those are the only two who I’ve seen who are able to do that. That’s why I put him up there with the rest of them. He’s ridiculous. He’s ridiculously good.”

Now please find me a quote from any Pro Bowl WR saying that Newman can possibly shut them down. Find me ONE.
CLOSE THREAD!

and i dont even like al harris, but newman is not even near his level

Last edited by st21; 03-22-2007 at 04:31 PM..
 03-22-2007, 04:35 PM         #16
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
Notice how my poll options aren't completely biased either Redknight.......take some notes.
I know my poll looked biased but it is true. If you voted no then you are saying that Roy Williams and Chad Johnson don't know what they are talking about, because they both called him a shutdown corner. Chad Johnson said he's 2nd to only Champ and Roy Williams said he is the best in the league. So if you vote no then you disagree with two Pro Bowl receivers who have played against him and watch film on him vs. some keyboard warriors who only peep INT totals on NFL.com.
 11 years ago '04        #17
JHawk972 
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 5 5
 Black_Deuce said:
I hate the cowboys :finger:

But I'd have to go with Newman. as good as Al Harris is, Newman is the reason the Cowflops pass defense defense was so good the past few years (even with Roy Williams non-covering a.ss). IMO the best corner at his age level.

but Al Harris is slept on, the Pack's coverage schemes/system are known to ruin good defensive-backs, that could influence his performance for the worse. He still does a good job even though Green Bay expects way too much from the secondary.
yep but that defense is ranked 5th in the league though. The gay-men wont be ballin this year.

ya diiiiggggggggggggggggggg fam? hahaha
 03-22-2007, 04:40 PM         #18
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RediKnight said:

Chad Johnson is probably the best reciever in the game. but I'm not gonna put them in the same category just because he did. I'm sure he was trying to state what a good corner Al Harris was and Ive said I agree that he is underrated.

I doubt that was meant the way he stated it too. I'm sure he knows champ, he plays him twice a year...

BTW where did you find these quotes? I see you pull em out every once in a while
 03-22-2007, 04:41 PM         #19
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's take a look at what Roy Williams said about Newman:
"He's an outstanding football player, a former number one draft pick and he's a great player. He played against me in college and he's going to go out there and do his job. I played (against) him at Kansas State. I had a hamstring injury and really wasn't supposed to play but went out there and played. He did a good job. He manned up on me and did a great job."

He definitely gave him some props. But look at how different his tone is about Al Harris:

"Everybody asks me who I think the best corner in the NFL is and Al Harris is the best corner in the NFL," Williams said last Wednesday in a conference call with Wisconsin reporters.

Williams said last week that Harris is the only cornerback he's aware of who always matches up with him no matter where he goes.

"That's what I love about Al Harris," Williams said. "I vote for him for the Pro Bowl year in and year out.

"He will shut down that No. 1 receiver, whoever he is matched up with. They may leave the game with two catches for 29 yards. That's just the type of player he is. He's my measuring stick for how good I can be against him because like I said, I think he's the best corner in this league. I think he's a Pro Bowler. I think he's overlooked and underestimated."

This should speak volumes!!!
 03-22-2007, 04:44 PM         #20
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
comeon with the quotes, redi... lets see a video of him in action or something. I can pull out a quote of Madden calling Brett Favre the best QB in the game, but I know thats not gonna be your first basis of an argument on him
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
113 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy