300 question?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
52 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #101
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
 MadGam325 said:
THANK YOU! exactly what i was jus about to write. Which obviously shows that it wasnt exactly based on the book.

Also I believed he tried to graze them for two reasons:

1. n*ggas was gettin popped by spears all day (the big thing with the horns, the dude on the horse) which is proof that the spartans had precision. He could have k!lled Xerxes if he wanted to but he didnt because

2. Showing that xerxes could bleed was better than if he would have k!lled them. If xerxes would have died thinking that he was a god there would have been no thrill in that (cuz that n*gga really thought that he was a god.) Leonidas's last enjoyment came from knowing that everytime xerxes looked in the mirror, he would see that scar which would remind him of his mortality. Leonidas's didnt care about death, he cared about honor. If you put yourself in his position and put honor on a higher level than death itself, you'll realize that what he did to Xerxes was more damaging than if he would have k!lled him. You will only understand this if u think on a higher level ya dig?

but at the end of the day.....

its jus a movie

my 2 cents
Exactly. At least I'm not the only one that thinks that way now.
 11 years ago '04        #102
305gangstamuzik 
space
space
$1,994 | Props total: 0 0
Missed on purpose..obviously
 11 years ago '05        #103
beatboyheatboy 
space
space
$2,823 | Props total: 56 56
 YERCELL said:
STFU clown...he missed on purpose. He wanted to prove he wasn't a god. Obviously you didn't see Xerxes hide his face in shame.
damn u mad!!!
 03-28-2007, 12:23 PM         #104
luby1901 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he missed on purpose
 11 years ago '06        #105
space
space
 luby1901 said:
he missed on purpose
How could he "miss" if he didn't mean to k!ll him? Oh yeah... he DIDN'T miss and hit his bullseye (his fackin FACE). :sleepy:
 11 years ago '05        #106
ayejay 
space
space
space
$131 | Props total: 0 0
to end the discussion... it is true.. he didn't want to k!ll him. leonidas stated himself earlier when him and xerces talked the first time, leonidas "before this battle is over, even a god-king can bleed". he just wanted to prove that even xerces is no god. then his men will turn on him maybe ha. lates
 11 years ago '05        #107
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
 ayejay said:
to end the discussion... it is true.. he didn't want to k!ll him. leonidas stated himself earlier when him and xerces talked the first time, leonidas "before this battle is over, even a god-king can bleed". he just wanted to prove that even xerces is no god. then his men will turn on him maybe ha. lates
man, the discussion was already ended
 11 years ago '06        #108
space
space
 MadGam325 said:
man, the discussion was already ended
But then YOU came in and bumped the thread... now, it might never be over.
 03-30-2007, 02:06 AM         #109
mjshytown45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you listen closely he explaining himself he basically went back to a sort of basic training balancing him self and aiming, when he threw the spear it split his ring out his mouth i didn't see it but my boy caught it.
 03-30-2007, 08:08 AM         #110
Pimpwin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He obviously wanted to k!ll him....... yeah, he said he would make him bleed by the end......Well, k!lling him would have done that...
 03-30-2007, 08:16 AM         #111
Lake85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall n*ggas dumb....rather k!lling Xerses and leaving the Persian army distraught about their God king being dead which would mean they weren't his slaves anymore, Leonidas purposely lays out a strategy to give him a scratch on the cheek...

like i said ya'll dumb
 04-03-2007, 12:18 AM         #112
The VeNoM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you guys are stupid. The movie is based on the comic, which is semi based on loose events. In the real "300" battle, the persian King never fought on the battlefield or ecountered the spartans, rather he fleed to parts of Asia after realizing the cause was lost. So how could they of made Leonidas k!ll the persian king in the movie? Granted its not based on true 100% fact events, but it would totally throw off the story if they made the king die in the battlefield. Leonidas threw his best aimed shot and missed accidentaly, but it was symbolic that the king didnt die there but rather bleed, cause it metaphoricaly showed that he wasn't a god.

To anyone saying he missed purposely, you're just flat out dumbasses. Read the comic, study the actual event, and realize the main theme and purpose of the movie
 11 years ago '05        #113
Arceo 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$2,201 | Props total: 544 544
 The VeNoM said:
you guys are stupid. The movie is based on the comic, which is semi based on loose events. In the real "300" battle, the persian King never fought on the battlefield or ecountered the spartans, rather he fleed to parts of Asia after realizing the cause was lost. So how could they of made Leonidas k!ll the persian king in the movie? Granted its not based on true 100% fact events, but it would totally throw off the story if they made the king die in the battlefield. Leonidas threw his best aimed shot and missed accidentaly, but it was symbolic that the king didnt die there but rather bleed, cause it metaphoricaly showed that he wasn't a god.

To anyone saying he missed purposely, you're just flat out dumbasses. Read the comic, study the actual event, and realize the main theme and purpose of the movie

yes sir..didnt even read the rest of the thread...but take it like this

Leonidas also stated that before the war ended he would make Xerxes bleed..and he did just that...so i thikn the writers intended on sticking to the loose history but placing that line..instead of saying "ill k!ll you"
 04-03-2007, 01:57 PM         #114
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The VeNoM said:

Exactly, i said the same fu*king thing earlier. How anyone can read this and say he missed purposely is beyond me.

You've even got bums in this thread making up that their History teacher told them... But failing to realise the scene from the movie never took place in history
 04-03-2007, 02:08 PM         #115
ILLmag 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The VeNoM said:

couldnt have said it better myself.....

he missed ACCIDENTALLY, deal with it people
 04-03-2007, 02:38 PM         #116
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you could probably take it either way. i only seen the movie once but didnt he say by the end of the war or something they would see a god bleed? but on the other hand i personally thought it was the final shot that could end the war, since his army was slaves and also since they believed he was a god if he died in front of their faces how could they continue to f!ght...i highly doubt he was just trying to make him live in shame considering the king,leo, never had any idea the spartan army was going to f!ght, so i highly doubt he was trying to make him live in shame as he conquered greece. not only that but id imagine if you k!ll a god you are a god(at least in the eyes of these slaves) so instead of becoming enraged at their leaders death, they probably would have bowed down to leo.

or not, either way you dont try to scar the face of the guy who is going to turn your women and children into slaves and erase the history of sparta forever. but i guess if you believe a scar on your cheek is more shameful then that then believe what you want.
 11 years ago '06        #117
anseltmchs 4 heat pts
space
space
$514 | Props total: 17 17
so um, he knew he was about to die, but he missed on purpose?

then why take off the helmet?
 11 years ago '06        #118
anseltmchs 4 heat pts
space
space
$514 | Props total: 17 17
 StateProperty88 said:
im goin to see 300 today on IMAX should be fun
i saw it 4 times. i downloaded the dvd, then saw it at the movies 2 times and then saw it on the imax.

dope a.ss flick
 04-03-2007, 05:39 PM         #119
shatso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Holy crap, people are looking WAY into this movie ...
 04-03-2007, 07:38 PM         #120
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nah he missed on accident. Why would he miss on purpose and leave the persian empreror to live that makes no sense. spartans were breed to k!ll, not show mercy, or any weakness they were k!lling machines HE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO MISS. If he had k!lled XERSES there would have been no reason for another war against persia if they had no king. The whole point was that xerses was thought to be a god.... gods dont bleed. but he was aiming to k!ll.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago