Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #81
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,749 | Props total: 431 431
i would believe a man who has a masters and doctrine in the field than some bum from bx who can copy and paste from the internet
 11 years ago '05        #82
Pimptillo 10 heat pts10
space
space
$600 | Props total: 3 3
The field of what? Maybe if he had a doctrine in analyzing movies lmao
 11 years ago '05        #83
Pimptillo 10 heat pts10
space
space
$600 | Props total: 3 3
 NYCNYCNYC said:
well, it could be or not but dont ever call me an idiot..i'm far more knowledgeable than you are son and i'm going to believe my professor over you cuz he knows his sh*t and has studied this...you just "think" or "guess" on the situation when my professor knows

his sole mission was to stand up against the Persians. He stated to Xerxes when they met they he will show that even a god king can bleed..why would he throw his spear at his leg..come on..he throw the spearer directly straight and wasn't spinning out of control so he obviously threw the spear correctly...he wanted to leave a mark on someone where everyone can notice it first. when you set it front of someone, do you notice their face or their thigh first? you're the one lookin like an idiot right now
You make it sound like your professor is some sort of all knowing being lmao. I dont agree with the other guy about the whole throwing at his leg thing...but then again not everyone walks around in gold speedos so maybe if wouldn't be that far fetched lol
 03-27-2007, 04:24 AM         #84
menace23t 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it can go both ways cuz he said when he had meetin with him he said what r u tryin to prove then leonitus said at the end of this war i prove that any a king god can bleed
 03-27-2007, 07:00 AM         #85
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
i would believe a man who has a masters and doctrine in the field than some bum from bx who can copy and paste from the internet
You're a fu*king idiot, you really are. You do realise the scene holds no relevance to history... right?

How can your professor act like his opinions is correct when the whole scene isn't even apart of history!?!?!?

Anyone with an IQ above that of a goldfish knows he tried to k!ll him, grazed him instead. And as such it was symbolic, but at the same time he still missed accidently

tell your teacher to get a brain
 03-27-2007, 07:02 AM         #86
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pimptillo said:
The field of what? Maybe if he had a doctrine in analyzing movies lmao
my point exactly... how can his teacher know when the whole spear in the face isn't even historically accurate
 11 years ago '05        #87
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,837 | Props total: 9768 9768
he missed on purpose to show Xerxes that he wasnt god and so he would remember that for the rest of his life. leonidas could have clearly k!lled him if he wanted to because he took off all of his things to get a better shot but he knew that he was gonna die anyway so why not scar the guy and die and now he has to live with the fact that the only man who scared him is a legend thats why he sent his guy back to the village so he can tell the story
 11 years ago '04        #88
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
lol@all these guys saying it's a stupid thought that he missed on purpose. If the scene had just happened the way it did, I'd have said it was an accident too. But he specifically said earlier in the movie that he was going to show him that even a god king can bleed. So what the fu*k do YOU morons not understand about that?!?! If he says "I'm gonna show u that even a god king can bleed," then he throws a spear at him and then there is a lot of emphasis on the fact that he drew blood (due to Xerxes reaction), how can you possibly think that it's crazy to think he missed on purpose? Leonidas missing by accident doesn't even fit in to the rest of the movie. What point would the filmmakers be proving by having him try to k!ll Xerxes and miss? That "not even Spartans are perfect"? THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MOVIE WAS TO SHOW HOW FLAWLESS AND CALCULATED THEIR EXECUTION WAS!! To show flaws and mistakes in their strategy doesn't fit in. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. Boxden IS full of kids suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome.
 11 years ago '04        #89
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
Also, to think that Leonidas had to take off all his gear to hit Xerxes is ridiculous. It takes a lot more precision to hit him WITHOUT k!lling him. THAT is why he had to take off all his stuff. He needed all his accuracy to be able to make him bleed. That's another thing that wouldn't fit in with the rest of the movie: the idea that Leonidas needed to take all his stuff to hit a huge person with a spear, when throughout the entire movie, he's fu*king people up easily WITH all that stuff on.
 11 years ago '06        #90
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
 DTownPistonsFan said:
lol@all these guys saying it's a stupid thought that he missed on purpose. If the scene had just happened the way it did, I'd have said it was an accident too. But he specifically said earlier in the movie that he was going to show him that even a god king can bleed. So what the fu*k do YOU morons not understand about that?!?! If he says "I'm gonna show u that even a god king can bleed," then he throws a spear at him and then there is a lot of emphasis on the fact that he drew blood (due to Xerxes reaction), how can you possibly think that it's crazy to think he missed on purpose? Leonidas missing by accident doesn't even fit in to the rest of the movie. What point would the filmmakers be proving by having him try to k!ll Xerxes and miss? That "not even Spartans are perfect"? THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MOVIE WAS TO SHOW HOW FLAWLESS AND CALCULATED THEIR EXECUTION WAS!! To show flaws and mistakes in their strategy doesn't fit in. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. Boxden IS full of kids suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome.
Hit the nail right on the head... it's a beautiful thing (no homo). :applause: These ppl don't get it.

Thinking about it, I retract my previous statement of "Leonidas missed on purpose." Actually Leonidas DID NOT "miss"... He hit his bullseye right on. With that, Xerxes would live in shame.
 11 years ago '05        #91
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
im goin to see 300 today on IMAX should be fun
 03-27-2007, 01:53 PM         #92
Lake85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
again...the movie is based on the book which he CLEARLY says "Xerses Die".

Leonidas was f!ghting all day and Xerses was a considerable distance away. so he took off everything he could that was weighing him down(shield) and obstructing his field of vision(helmet).

When he said he would make a god bleed he wasn't sitting there plotting to purposely graze the guy...all he knew was that when he got the chance he would put his Godliness to the test whether it was by a swing of his sword or a piercing of his spear.

now go pick up the book and get the facts straight from the source.
 11 years ago '04        #93
jerzyboy 
space
space
$1,736 | Props total: 8 8
OK if his aim was dead on and he missed on purpose to show him he was not a god y not just hit him right in the chest wit the sh*t k!llin him those provein and bringing down the persian soliders spirits? just a question
 11 years ago '04        #94
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 Lake85 said:
again...the movie is based on the book which he CLEARLY says "Xerses Die".

Leonidas was f!ghting all day and Xerses was a considerable distance away. so he took off everything he could that was weighing him down(shield) and obstructing his field of vision(helmet).

When he said he would make a god bleed he wasn't sitting there plotting to purposely graze the guy...all he knew was that when he got the chance he would put his Godliness to the test whether it was by a swing of his sword or a piercing of his spear.

now go pick up the book and get the facts straight from the source.
The only problem with your comparison between the book and the movie is this one small little problem: HE DIDN'T SAY "XERXES DIE!" IN THE fu*kING MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 11 years ago '06        #95
tdub-zr0 139 heat pts139
space
space
$26,866 | Props total: 14719 14719
I think that Leonidas missed by accident. Because as the narrator said, he was bogged down by his armor and shield & he was exhausted from all of the battles with the Persian army. Also, he did say that he would prove that,"A God-king can bleed", but he never specified that he wouldn't k!ll him. By piercing Xerxes face or abdomen with the spear he would STILL bleed, and he would die. So he would be proving his "god-king bleed" point right, and k!ll him at the same time. Because either way, the result would have been the same and Leonidas and his army would've still been k!lled. Also, that movie ROCKED!!!!
 11 years ago '06        #96
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
They ONLY way to end this bullsh*t is to ask Frank Miller HIMSELF. Forget about about the book for now, he should tell us why that happened in THE MOVIE.
 03-28-2007, 02:32 AM         #97
B.C 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He missed for sure
 11 years ago '05        #98
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
 DTownPistonsFan said:
The only problem with your comparison between the book and the movie is this one small little problem: HE DIDN'T SAY "XERXES DIE!" IN THE fu*kING MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU! exactly what i was jus about to write. Which obviously shows that it wasnt exactly based on the book.

Also I believed he tried to graze them for two reasons:

1. n*ggas was gettin popped by spears all day (the big thing with the horns, the dude on the horse) which is proof that the spartans had precision. He could have k!lled Xerxes if he wanted to but he didnt because

2. Showing that xerxes could bleed was better than if he would have k!lled them. If xerxes would have died thinking that he was a god there would have been no thrill in that (cuz that n*gga really thought that he was a god.) Leonidas's last enjoyment came from knowing that everytime xerxes looked in the mirror, he would see that scar which would remind him of his mortality. Leonidas's didnt care about death, he cared about honor. If you put yourself in his position and put honor on a higher level than death itself, you'll realize that what he did to Xerxes was more damaging than if he would have k!lled him. You will only understand this if u think on a higher level ya dig?

but at the end of the day.....

its jus a movie

my 2 cents
 11 years ago '05        #99
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 MadGam325 said:
THANK YOU! exactly what i was jus about to write. Which obviously shows that it wasnt exactly based on the book.

Also I believed he tried to graze them for two reasons:

1. n*ggas was gettin popped by spears all day (the big thing with the horns, the dude on the horse) which is proof that the spartans had precision. He could have k!lled Xerxes if he wanted to but he didnt because

2. Showing that xerxes could bleed was better than if he would have k!lled them. If xerxes would have died thinking that he was a god there would have been no thrill in that (cuz that n*gga really thought that he was a god.) Leonidas's last enjoyment came from knowing that everytime xerxes looked in the mirror, he would see that scar which would remind him of his mortality. Leonidas's didnt care about death, he cared about honor. If you put yourself in his position and put honor on a higher level than death itself, you'll realize that what he did to Xerxes was more damaging than if he would have k!lled him. You will only understand this if u think on a higher level ya dig?

but at the end of the day.....

its jus a movie

my 2 cents

i can feel that
 11 years ago '05        #100
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
 StateProperty88 said:
im goin to see 300 today on IMAX should be fun
didja like it?