Kevin Hart X-mad card
21 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
235 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-25-2007, 11:31 AM         #61
AdorableOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=NOCCOWT;9207052]
 AdorableOne said:

YEAH U DA ISSUE. GET OFF MY d*ck!!!:applause: :applause:
You do realize you are getting butt-hurt over a movie? It's a shame
 11 years ago '06        #62
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,481 | Props total: 258 258
yeah ok!! get off my d*ck bi*ch.
 03-25-2007, 11:43 AM         #63
AdorableOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NOCCOWT said:
yeah ok!! get off my d*ck bi*ch.
Awww poor lil guy is mad.
 03-25-2007, 12:59 PM         #64
(((d[^_^]b))) 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dope movie either way...
 11 years ago '04        #65
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,754 | Props total: 440 440
 r a n c i d said:
Well considering he walks around in gold speedos i think both leg and face the cut would be quite noticeable.

I think you're being an idiot right now.

The chances of purposely skimming the guys face like that are about 1 in 10 billion. And he just happens to get it in the first attempt... are you serious?

What i've said is the most logical of explanations. He did attempt to k!ll the guy, and failed; but at the same time he proved his point that 'God Kings' can bleed. It was both symbolic and done by mistake.

Anyone believes he purposely missed needs their brains checked. If he wanted to mark dudes face all he would have to do is wait for the God King guy to get off his chair and come speak to him and slice dude in the face, or bit a chunk of his head off. So like i said, if he purposely wanted to cut the guy he would of done it the logical way. He wouldn't of took a 1 in 10 billion chance
well, it could be or not but dont ever call me an idiot..i'm far more knowledgeable than you are son and i'm going to believe my professor over you cuz he knows his sh*t and has studied this...you just "think" or "guess" on the situation when my professor knows

his sole mission was to stand up against the Persians. He stated to Xerxes when they met they he will show that even a god king can bleed..why would he throw his spear at his leg..come on..he throw the spearer directly straight and wasn't spinning out of control so he obviously threw the spear correctly...he wanted to leave a mark on someone where everyone can notice it first. when you set it front of someone, do you notice their face or their thigh first? you're the one lookin like an idiot right now

Last edited by NYCNYCNYC; 03-25-2007 at 01:10 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #66
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,481 | Props total: 258 258
 AdorableOne said:
Awww poor lil guy is mad.

MAD? NO HOE CAN GET ME MAD CHICKS THAT CONSIDER THEMESELVES ADORABLE ARE USUALLY FAT! AND I DON'T fu*k WIT FAT bi*chES. OK THIS THREAD IS FINISHED AND I'M FINISHED WIT U bi*ch SO U CAN REPLY AND I WON'T SEE IT.:finger: JUST STAY OFF MY d*ck FROM HERE ON OUT:applause:
 11 years ago '07        #67
T-BO 4 SHO 
space
space
space
$2,358 | Props total: 0 0
man he did it to show that the dude could bleed, he was a k!lling machine if he wanted ot k!ll the dude he coulda
 03-25-2007, 04:48 PM         #68
Lake85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Again the movie is based off the book. and the book clearly states Leonidas meant for Xerses to die.

you're an idiot if u keep trying to argue he meant to graze him on purpose
 03-25-2007, 06:14 PM         #69
AdorableOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NOCCOWT said:
MAD? NO HOE CAN GET ME MAD CHICKS THAT CONSIDER THEMESELVES ADORABLE ARE USUALLY FAT! AND I DON'T fu*k WIT FAT bi*chES. OK THIS THREAD IS FINISHED AND I'M FINISHED WIT U bi*ch SO U CAN REPLY AND I WON'T SEE IT.:finger: JUST STAY OFF MY d*ck FROM HERE ON OUT:applause:
I think you just proved your insanity
 03-25-2007, 11:29 PM         #70
Pimpwin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lake85 said:
Again the movie is based off the book. and the book clearly states Leonidas meant for Xerses to die.

you're an idiot if u keep trying to argue he meant to graze him on purpose
The truth. The movie is based off the book, and if you have read the graphic novel.....well.....its very obvious what he meant to do.
 03-26-2007, 04:45 PM         #71
TYahooJ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Leonidas knew that he would have died either way, so he would have thrown his spear for a k!ll shot because that would have bought Sparta more time to prepare for the upcoming battle with Persia and its just not the way of a spartan to injure someones pride more then there body, he would have wanted to k!ll Xerses to show the pertains that not even there Divine king could stand up to a Spartans spear.
 03-26-2007, 05:02 PM         #72
iCedOwt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this movie is the sh*t either way!
 11 years ago '05        #73
Pimptillo 10 heat pts10
space
space
$600 | Props total: 3 3
he obviously missed by accident. Why make someone bleed when he could just k!ll him. If his point was to prove that Xerxes wasnt a god well then why just nick him? Once hes dead im sure people would think that he's not a god more so than if dude just got a cut on his cheek
 03-26-2007, 07:34 PM         #75
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It would make scense to have
Xerxes k!lled because in History no evidence shows how Xerxes died.

So he had to miss or it would be fake like me making a movie that JFK got shot buy John Wilkes Booth in a movie..
 11 years ago '06        #76
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
 NYCNYCNYC said:
i actually asked my Greek Civilization teacher this question...and he told me this answer so take it or leave it...he hit his target on the spot...he knew he was going to die anyways..thats why he sent out the one eye guy...he wanted to prove to the Persia God that his word was held accountable and that he would make Xercies bleed...he wanted the god king to live with the scar and the memory of someone challenging his power..

after he told me this, i asked why didnt he just simply k!ll him? He could have ended the war..Teacher responded: the battle of the 300 wasn't to end the Persia empire or destroy all of Xercies men...they wanted to just prove a point that even few can stand up against a whole nation...they wanted to show the Persians and Greeks that they are superior and have no fear...So the Persians got the sense that Greeks are more powerful than Persians and The greeks got the sense that our brothers and leaderships had faith against this strong nation and we can overcome the odds and destroy them in a later battle....

So this is what he responded to me..do i believe? not sure...
I agree with your teacher 100% Finally, an answer in this thread from someone who understands the deeper meanings of things. But then again, I could give a fu*k what anybody else thinks... just a movie. I know what's up.
 03-26-2007, 09:18 PM         #77
Kouki Monster 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
imma have to say he missed on purpose...either way lionidus was going to die so i belive he wounded xerxes so he'd live with the scar to show him that he is not a god and then watch as the 10,000 spartans commanding 30,000 free greeks destryoed his whole empire, but then again i dont really care cuz it was a badass movie either way.
 03-26-2007, 09:31 PM         #78
Pimpwin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also, to the people all over that teacher, the movie is not based exactly off what happened in the battle. Its based off of a book, which is based off the history, but not fully obviously. So, since this is based off the book, and the book obvoiusly shows Leonidas yelling "XERXES...DIE!!!", then he intended to k!ll him.
 03-26-2007, 10:58 PM         #79
RobCrotch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Classics major chiming in:
Xerxes wasn't even near the batltlefield during the Battle of Thermopylae; the movie is simply sensationalizing it for effect. The whole death scene is a farce. During the real battle, Leonidas is, in fact, k!lled by a slew of arrows. However, as the Persians attempt to recover his body the Spartans successfuly fend them off four times before succumbing. Xerxes, subsequently, had Leionidas behe@ded and his body crucified. The movie's whole "death as one" thing is simply cinema at its best.

I did like the ending, though, showing a glimpse of the Battle of Plataea where the Spartans effectively ended the Greco-Persian War.
 11 years ago '05        #80
Pimptillo 10 heat pts10
space
space
$600 | Props total: 3 3
 RobCrotch said:
Classics major chiming in:
Xerxes wasn't even near the batltlefield during the Battle of Thermopylae; the movie is simply sensationalizing it for effect. The whole death scene is a farce. During the real battle, Leonidas is, in fact, k!lled by a slew of arrows. However, as the Persians attempt to recover his body the Spartans successfuly fend them off four times before succumbing. Xerxes, subsequently, had Leionidas behe@ded and his body crucified. The movie's whole "death as one" thing is simply cinema at its best.

I did like the ending, though, showing a glimpse of the Battle of Plataea where the Spartans effectively ended the Greco-Persian War.
Well you're right about how Leionidas died...but I have to disagree with you about Xerxes not being near the battle. According to Herodotus VII,212 it says that Xerxes was so surprised/frustrated that his army was taking such heavy losses that he got off his seat that he was watching the battle three times. But then again Herodotus is not entirely credible...but its the best account of the battle.

And why does a history teachers opinion weigh heavier than our own on a movie that is heavily fictious? But if you want to believe that in the movie, Leionidas purposely took an almost impossible shot to barely graze Xerxes...then wow...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy