300 question?

most viewed right now
 165
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 107
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 66
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 62
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #21
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$5,400 | Props total: 4529 4529
Remember when Xerxes was talking to leonidas and he said jsut kneel before, i'm divine, i'll give u whatever u want as long as u submit to me??

Leonidas responds (can't remember exactly what he says) but hee says something along the lines of "before this is all over I'll show you that even you can bleed!" so when he hit him with the spear it was symbolic of weakness of enemies that seem all powerful but really are as weak as humans. Symbolism fellas, whether he was aiming to k!ll or draw blood is really irrelevant. The movie watcher seeing Xerxes bleed is a more powerful image then seeing him get hit with a spear from God knows how far
 11 years ago '04        #22
newfnshow715 
space
avatar space
space
$3,199 | Props total: 0 0
 demon9991 said:
Again , he missed to make a fu*kin' point so I hope people can read.
he gave his life to make someone bleed ? LOL your stupid couldnt it be the n*gga was trying to win the war or did u think he was like fukk it ill bloody up his mouth and die just as long as I get him to bleed.. thats just stupidity, you can always tell the people who are not educated.
 11 years ago '05        #23
trackmanxs 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,470 | Props total: 139 139
he missed on purpose to make dude bleed...he said it in the movie and it was so everyone would know the story because he had a scar on his face
 03-22-2007, 12:01 AM         #24
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 newfnshow715 said:
he gave his life to make someone bleed ? LOL your stupid couldnt it be the n*gga was trying to win the war or did u think he was like fukk it ill bloody up his mouth and die just as long as I get him to bleed.. thats just stupidity, you can always tell the people who are not educated.
read the post right above your's dumbass.
 11 years ago '06        #25
YERCELL 
space
avatar space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
Storchavelli hit it on the head...make that fu*ker live with that sh*t and see what your bummy a.ss people think of you now.
 03-22-2007, 12:21 AM         #26
Pimpwin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is based off the book guys, and in the book, he says "XERXES....."
then, on the next page it says "......DIE" both in big letters. So I aint the smartest person in the world, but inm prettty sure he aimed to k!ll.
 11 years ago '06        #27
YERCELL 
space
avatar space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
 Pimpwin said:
This is based off the book guys, and in the book, he says "XERXES....."
then, on the next page it says "......DIE" both in big letters. So I aint the smartest person in the world, but inm prettty sure he aimed to k!ll.
I could just say the Xerxes as he was known did die. How about that? Plus, this isn't the book section.
 03-22-2007, 12:33 AM         #28
Pimpwin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I never said it was the book section, but the movie is based off the book.....so its kind of relevant. And he said that as he was throwing the spear, and it hit his lip, just like in the movie.
 11 years ago '06        #29
Southern_Boi 
space
avatar space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1
i thought the spear didnt even touch him, it went through the rings in his cheek. Ion really remember but it was still raw as fu*k
 03-22-2007, 02:42 AM         #30
YoungBattle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he missed on accident - if he woulda k!lled dude it woulda been too far fetched - im sure the other spartans k!lled him tho at the end of the movie - i asked one of them and they was like "fasho shawty we got dat lil n*gga -"
 03-22-2007, 03:01 PM         #31
choob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its pretty dumb to think that he missed on purpose......yall acting like it was great point in scriptwriting history and proud of yourselves for figuring it out.....lol........corny.......
if he did hit him in the chest or whatever he would still bleed....wtf.....
they probably just made him miss cuz he made it then it would just be like any blockbuster movie...the good guy wins at the end....
or thats how it happend in the book...i dont really know...
 11 years ago '07        #32
infamxus 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$5,391 | Props total: 3 3
he missed NOT on purpose...because he can still make him bleed by k!llin him
 03-24-2007, 03:46 AM         #33
Jrod3332 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He missed on purpose because earlier in the movie he said "People will see that even a God King will bleed", by only making him bleed he makes Xercies have to live with the fact that he is not a God King and that Leonidas proved that he wasn't. It is more punishment for Xercies to have to live with the fact that he is not a God rather than k!ll him. It talks about it in the actually Greek Mythology of it in history books
 11 years ago '04        #34
NYCNYCNYC 
space
avatar space
space
$14,754 | Props total: 439 439
i actually asked my Greek Civilization teacher this question...and he told me this answer so take it or leave it...he hit his target on the spot...he knew he was going to die anyways..thats why he sent out the one eye guy...he wanted to prove to the Persia God that his word was held accountable and that he would make Xercies bleed...he wanted the god king to live with the scar and the memory of someone challenging his power..

after he told me this, i asked why didnt he just simply k!ll him? He could have ended the war..Teacher responded: the battle of the 300 wasn't to end the Persia empire or destroy all of Xercies men...they wanted to just prove a point that even few can stand up against a whole nation...they wanted to show the Persians and Greeks that they are superior and have no fear...So the Persians got the sense that Greeks are more powerful than Persians and The greeks got the sense that our brothers and leaderships had faith against this strong nation and we can overcome the odds and destroy them in a later battle....

So this is what he responded to me..do i believe? not sure...
 03-24-2007, 09:36 AM         #35
Lake85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The book says he meant for the spear to k!ll him so how can anyone argue against that?
 11 years ago '06        #36
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,481 | Props total: 258 258
YO EVERYBODY WHO SAYS HE MISSED ON PURPOSE MUST BE A WIMP WHO NEVER GOT IT POPPIN. WHO GIVES A fu*k IF A GOD CAN BLEED? I WANNA KNOW IF A GOD CAN DIE!!! fu*k THAT!! WHY WOULD HE GAMBLE HIS COUNTRY fu*k THAT. HOW STUPID CAN U BE. I WOULD sh*t ON HIS GRAVE IF I WAS A SPARTAN AND FOUND OUT HE TREW THE SPEAR AND MISS ON PURPOSE JUST TO MAKE A POINT. PLEASE!!! AND STOP BEING SO SENSITIVE!!!
 03-24-2007, 01:39 PM         #37
Pimpwin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why would he miss on purpose? So, in his mind, he decided, oh, ill just nip him a bit, instead of actually k!lling him.
 03-24-2007, 02:27 PM         #38
AdorableOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NOCCOWT said:
YO EVERYBODY WHO SAYS HE MISSED ON PURPOSE MUST BE A WIMP WHO NEVER GOT IT POPPIN. WHO GIVES A fu*k IF A GOD CAN BLEED? I WANNA KNOW IF A GOD CAN DIE!!! fu*k THAT!! WHY WOULD HE GAMBLE HIS COUNTRY fu*k THAT. HOW STUPID CAN U BE. I WOULD sh*t ON HIS GRAVE IF I WAS A SPARTAN AND FOUND OUT HE TREW THE SPEAR AND MISS ON PURPOSE JUST TO MAKE A POINT. PLEASE!!! AND STOP BEING SO SENSITIVE!!!
Calm down
 03-24-2007, 02:28 PM         #39
AdorableOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NYCNYCNYC said:
i actually asked my Greek Civilization teacher this question...and he told me this answer so take it or leave it...he hit his target on the spot...he knew he was going to die anyways..thats why he sent out the one eye guy...he wanted to prove to the Persia God that his word was held accountable and that he would make Xercies bleed...he wanted the god king to live with the scar and the memory of someone challenging his power..

after he told me this, i asked why didnt he just simply k!ll him? He could have ended the war..Teacher responded: the battle of the 300 wasn't to end the Persia empire or destroy all of Xercies men...they wanted to just prove a point that even few can stand up against a whole nation...they wanted to show the Persians and Greeks that they are superior and have no fear...So the Persians got the sense that Greeks are more powerful than Persians and The greeks got the sense that our brothers and leaderships had faith against this strong nation and we can overcome the odds and destroy them in a later battle....

So this is what he responded to me..do i believe? not sure...
Very good explanation
 11 years ago '06        #40
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
avatar space
space
$21,789 | Props total: 173 173
GOD DAMN....

JUST LOOK


[pic - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy