NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
74 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #261
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
first, i didn't say English people were pussies, i said that when Americans listen to English rappers, we a.ssociate that accent with 'proper' things, not 'gangster' things.........i'm not saying they're lying, i'm saying they don't sound believeable........it's like i said, if i heard a suburban white kid talking about moving heroin i wouldn't believe him.........for a bunch of people who are telling people they should 'learn English', you guys are doing a sh*tty job of comprehending what you read....

second, to the guy who said i'm too stupid to listen to lyrics.......i listen to lyrics just fine, but as stated earlier, if someone is talking about how they rob and k!ll and whatnot and they don't sound believeable, i'm not going to want to listen..........it's like a 3 year old little girl telling me she's going to chop my head off, i'm not going to believe her, doesn't mean she won't do it.......

i also said nothing about the pitch of someone's voice........i said that the accent British people speak with, not the tone of their voice......again, learn to comprehend what you read......

third, i should of clarified what i meant when 'when people don't talk like me'.........i didn't mean in the same accent as me.......what i meant was when people talk heavily in slang i get annoyed.........if i have to decode everything you're saying because it's presented in a completely different manner in which i'm accustomed to, i'm not going to enjoy it.........it's like me listening to someone rap in Spanish.........they could be saying some of the sickest, most profound sh*t i've ever heard in my life, but because i don't speak in that manner, i don't want to listen because i don't want to decipher what they're saying......

i like how you guys basically confim my second post.........'your saying all our accents make us sound _________' then say 'American accents are __________'..........if you want someone to stop doing something, you should probably stop doing it yourself.........

and if you'll notice, i said that MOST OF ALL RAPPERS suck........the majorty of people who call themselves rappers are complete GARBAGE wether they're from the UK, New York, Australia, Georgia, Germany, Texas, France, California.........but the reason people in America don't want to listen to British rap is because these dudes are rapping about the same sh*t we're rapping about over here, but our perception of your country is different.........

when someone talks about gun crimes in London, which i'm sure there's plenty of, people over here don't say 'oh yea, London is rough'.........we say 'London?? in England??? there's no gangsters in England'..........it's not because we're hating, it's not because we're uneducated, it's because the sh*t we get exposed to in regards to England has nothing to do with gangster sh*t, it's all maids and butlers and old people with bad teeth..........

the reason we don't want to listen to it is because we don't believe it.......it's like if i put out a CD talking about the life in the ghetto (white guy from West Virginia), nobody would believe me because people think WV is all farms and hillbillies............doesn't mean they're ignorant, it means they've never been here and experienced what's actually here.......

when someone gets on the mic and their whole sh*t is full of slang and unfamiliar pronunciations, people aren't going to gravitate towards that.........it's not ignorance, it's not narrow-mindedness, it's human nature.....
 10-11-2007, 02:18 AM         #262
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
first, i didn't say English people were pussies, i said that when Americans listen to English rappers, we a.ssociate that accent with 'proper' things, not 'gangster' things.........i'm not saying they're lying, i'm saying they don't sound believeable........it's like i said, if i heard a suburban white kid talking about moving heroin i wouldn't believe him.........for a bunch of people who are telling people they should 'learn English', you guys are doing a sh*tty job of comprehending what you read....

second, to the guy who said i'm too stupid to listen to lyrics.......i listen to lyrics just fine, but as stated earlier, if someone is talking about how they rob and k!ll and whatnot and they don't sound believeable, i'm not going to want to listen..........it's like a 3 year old little girl telling me she's going to chop my head off, i'm not going to believe her, doesn't mean she won't do it.......

i also said nothing about the pitch of someone's voice........i said that the accent British people speak with, not the tone of their voice......again, learn to comprehend what you read......

third, i should of clarified what i meant when 'when people don't talk like me'.........i didn't mean in the same accent as me.......what i meant was when people talk heavily in slang i get annoyed.........if i have to decode everything you're saying because it's presented in a completely different manner in which i'm accustomed to, i'm not going to enjoy it.........it's like me listening to someone rap in Spanish.........they could be saying some of the sickest, most profound sh*t i've ever heard in my life, but because i don't speak in that manner, i don't want to listen because i don't want to decipher what they're saying......

i like how you guys basically confim my second post.........'your saying all our accents make us sound _________' then say 'American accents are __________'..........if you want someone to stop doing something, you should probably stop doing it yourself.........

and if you'll notice, i said that MOST OF ALL RAPPERS suck........the majorty of people who call themselves rappers are complete GARBAGE wether they're from the UK, New York, Australia, Georgia, Germany, Texas, France, California.........but the reason people in America don't want to listen to British rap is because these dudes are rapping about the same sh*t we're rapping about over here, but our perception of your country is different.........

when someone talks about gun crimes in London, which i'm sure there's plenty of, people over here don't say 'oh yea, London is rough'.........we say 'London?? in England??? there's no gangsters in England'..........it's not because we're hating, it's not because we're uneducated, it's because the sh*t we get exposed to in regards to England has nothing to do with gangster sh*t, it's all maids and butlers and old people with bad teeth..........

the reason we don't want to listen to it is because we don't believe it.......it's like if i put out a CD talking about the life in the ghetto (white guy from West Virginia), nobody would believe me because people think WV is all farms and hillbillies............doesn't mean they're ignorant, it means they've never been here and experienced what's actually here.......

when someone gets on the mic and their whole sh*t is full of slang and unfamiliar pronunciations, people aren't going to gravitate towards that.........it's not ignorance, it's not narrow-mindedness, it's human nature.....

Read what you wrote "its not because we're ignorant".

Then some ignorance.
 10 years ago '05        #263
heveweight 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$527 | Props total: 37 37
I can understand where the thread starter is coming from....sometimes when i hear birmingham rappers spit it sounds funny to me and im from england......sometimes if something sounds unusual the first reaction is to laugh and dismiss it.......but if you dont like the accents dont listen to it....if you feel you cant relate because of the way they talk thats fine, nobody is asking you too....but grime and uk hip hop has a following in the uk and in europe so just because americans dont listen to something doesnt mean that all uk rappers and mcs should retire.....you are not the only people on the earth with opinions that matter....we're not breaking our backs to please you....we couldnt care less about your opinions on uk hip hop????

You think that all we do is sip tea and stand infront of the royal palace thats fine.....you'll get a shock if you come here......like a lot of your rappers when they go home minus their chain and it pops up on a grime dvd.

Last edited by heveweight; 10-13-2007 at 12:08 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #264
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 daliff89 said:
Britain had gangsters before the US existed.
Again, the US seems to a.ssociate Jamaicans & whatnot with "gangster things"...& quite a number of the rappers over here have grown up using that Caribbean chat...as opposed to just mimicking it...like Yanks.

But a "suburban white kid" is unlikely to be "moving heroin", hence the a.ssociation. The a.ssociation you're making between Brits & "properness" is a result of your own idiocy, & that of your nation, in general, I suspect.
Again, Swedes don't make this a.ssociation. Cubans don't make this a.ssociation. Nigerians don't make this a.ssociation. Americans make this a.ssociation. :rolleyes:

daliff89 said:
What is this even referencing?

daliff89 said:
So what you should have said is it is too difficult for you to understand British rappers, & thus you have no place speaking on them? Good.

daliff89 said:
You made a personal a.ssociation. I made a personal a.ssociation.

Thing is, yours was based on stereotype, mine is based on fact - pitch is measurable & thus may be evidenced, whereas your misinformed perception of the British is just that...misinformed, with no legitimate foundation.

daliff89 said:
I agree with the "most" part, I don't think people should have taken issue with that at all.

But having just informed us you have difficulty understanding British rappers, you now tell us that British rappers are "rapping about the same sh*t we're rapping about over here" - which is false. Sure it's broadly too, but then Britney Spears sings about the same sh*t NWA rapped about - "life" - but you'd hardly say they were on the "same sh*t".

daliff89 said:
Son...it IS because you're uneducated lmao.

If you weren't uneducated then you wouldn't a.ssociate England with stereotypes that are centuries out of date.

And I tend to think you're not an idiot, but you're certainly acting like one.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 10-12-2007 at 09:50 AM..
 10-12-2007, 03:01 PM         #265
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
daliff you are clueless
 10-12-2007, 07:36 PM         #266
Mr. Kassanova 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why don't you all shut up? Damn!

CalcuoCuchicheo- Daliff is right. We Americans (NOT YANKS!!), tend to look at the UK as a sophisticated country. Whats wrong with that? Maybe we haven't been there, but things we see and hear about England is usually pleasant and positive. Yes, we're uneducated, if we weren't we would know exactly how it is in England; but at the same time, you seem uneducated that we have a positive, "non-hood" outlook on your country.

Everybody is uneducated, get the fu*k over it and stop f!ghting like 10yr olds.

Personally, I don't like UK hip-hop other than a Sway song I heard. I can't stand your accents either, nothing personal, you may hate my southern accent but I don't give a damn, I got real sh*t to worry about.

Peace and chicken grease mutha fu*kas.
 10 years ago '05        #267
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 Mr. Kassanova said:

CalcuoCuchicheo- Daliff is right. We Americans (NOT YANKS!!), tend to look at the UK as a sophisticated country. Whats wrong with that? Maybe we haven't been there, but things we see and hear about England is usually pleasant and positive. Yes, we're uneducated, if we weren't we would know exactly how it is in England; but at the same time, you seem uneducated that we have a positive, "non-hood" outlook on your country.

Personally, I don't like UK hip-hop other than a Sway song I heard. I can't stand your accents either, nothing personal, you may hate my southern accent but I don't give a damn, I got real sh*t to worry about.

- you are "Yanks". Just as we are "poms" in Australia/New Zealand/South Africa, "bleti" in the Punjab etc, etc, you are Yanks in the English-speaking world/parts of Europe/Latin America/parts of Asia etc, etc.
- sorry, but butlers, chimney sweeps & whatnot hardly define "sophistication".
- except daliff would like to claim he is not "uneducated" while exhibiting ignorance. See where the problem arises?
- no, you need not know "exactly how it is" to be deemed "educated". Reasonability is key. It is unreasonable to envision the UK as it was centuries ago & mark down UK rap for this. Just as it would be unreasonable for us to envision the US as it was in centuries ago, & mark down US rap for not showing the reality of Apache raids & being chased by the calvary as opposed to the DEA or w/e.
- "you seem uneducated that we have a positive, "non-hood" outlook on your country" <<<<< this doesn't even make sense. "as to", perhaps?
- & no, not everyone is "uneducated". If that were the case, then nobody knows anything...although I suppose setting the barometer for intelligence that low, probably helps some feel normal eh?
 10 years ago '07        #268
Get Familia 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,481 | Props total: 144 144
 Mr. Kassanova said:

CalcuoCuchicheo, i feel & appriciate what you saying.
Most Americans probably cant identify that London/England has 'Hoods' in many areas...which we do. The difference is we dont have a gun culture like the US has, therefore we are deemed to not be exposed to 'gangsta' like lifestyle/culture...and be 'thuggin'...
As u mention England is looked at as sophisticated country, and i can imagine why its perceived that way...But now, especially London is very similar to how New York used to be during the late 80's/mid 90's...its getting real grimey & nothing like sipping cups of tea & eating crumpets, lol...

Anyway, i could go on & on but just come to London City if y'all get the chance.
Just to let y'all know im part of S.A.S street team...Keep suporting the movement & dont be a hater.
S.A.S. are 2 brothers/rappers that were signed to Dipset (no longer on Diplomat Records & now free agents).

Check out their Myspace:
 10-18-2007, 04:23 PM         #269
Jerzyfam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Brits, simple as this. Post the hotest thing to come out your country and then we can accurately judge your rap level. I won't make any comments until I hear something.
 10 years ago '07        #270
celphtitled 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,870 | Props total: 42 42
3.Hates on everything they have no idea about.
Jerzyfam i like ur sig,very true,and i`ll post u sum sh*t later if ya really wanna hear sum good UK sh*t.
 10 years ago '05        #271
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 Jerzyfam said:
Brits, simple as this. Post the hotest thing to come out your country and then we can accurately judge your rap level. I won't make any comments until I hear something.
Maybe you should "post the hotest thing to come out of your country and then we can accurately judge" your intelligence level &, consequently, the value of your opinion.

I can't see it being worth much to be honest.
 10-19-2007, 10:07 AM         #272
Jerzyfam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Maybe you should "post the hotest thing to come out of your country and then we can accurately judge" your intelligence level &, consequently, the value of your opinion.

I can't see it being worth much to be honest.
Did I bash you? Why you comin at me? Instead of being like the rest saying F all yalls music, I actually asked for a sample so I can judge it for myself

Trust my intelligence level is higher than atleast 90% of the people on this board. And how would my favorite thing out of america determine my educational level? I'm still not going to bash you but look at what you are saying.....
 10 years ago '07        #273
celphtitled 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,870 | Props total: 42 42
Here u go Jerzy one of my favourite tracks

Phi Life Cypher-ABC

Last edited by celphtitled; 10-19-2007 at 10:38 AM..
 10-19-2007, 10:52 AM         #274
Jerzyfam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 celphtitled said:
Here u go Jerzy one of my favourite tracks

Phi Life Cypher-ABC
not bad at all....only thing i don't like is they rhyme too much...for the average user they wouldn't be able to understand what they are saying and think they are just saying anything to rhyme. i actually hear what they are saying and it makes sense...not bad at all....Sounds like paps alphabetical slaughter

Last edited by Jerzyfam; 10-19-2007 at 10:54 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #275
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 Jerzyfam said:
Did I bash you? Why you comin at me? Instead of being like the rest saying F all yalls music, I actually asked for a sample so I can judge it for myself

Trust my intelligence level is higher than atleast 90% of the people on this board. And how would my favorite thing out of america determine my educational level? I'm still not going to bash you but look at what you are saying.....
You began with, "Brits, simple as this" - wow, a.ssertive. Then you request some sort of credentials like you're in a position to do so - you're not, never were, & never will be. If you want to ask for this & that, before doing us the "favour" of commenting on this thread, then I'll ask for this & that, before I do you the "favour" of entertaining your opinion.

There aren't that many Yank rappers that are actually talented - therefore, if you pick one of the other 95%, I'm more than happy to a.ssume your opinion is worthless.

Furthermore, if you are a Nelly fan, you're hardly going to respond to a Ghostface-esque track, & vice versa. Thus, it may also benefit your little learning experience here if you state your taste.
 10-22-2007, 09:48 AM         #276
Jerzyfam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
You began with, "Brits, simple as this" - wow, a.ssertive. Then you request some sort of credentials like you're in a position to do so - you're not, never were, & never will be. If you want to ask for this & that, before doing us the "favour" of commenting on this thread, then I'll ask for this & that, before I do you the "favour" of entertaining your opinion.

There aren't that many Yank rappers that are actually talented - therefore, if you pick one of the other 95%, I'm more than happy to a.ssume your opinion is worthless.

Furthermore, if you are a Nelly fan, you're hardly going to respond to a Ghostface-esque track, & vice versa. Thus, it may also benefit your little learning experience here if you state your taste.
a.ssumptions, generalizations, and more...... keep going :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #277
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 Jerzyfam said:
Assumptions, generalizations, and more...... keep going :applause:
You attempting to be a.ssertive - fact.
You requesting credentials - fact.
You lacking the position to make such a request - fact.

The vast majority of Yank rappers being talentless - fact.
Your opinion being worthless - likely.

Someone who likes bubblegum rap not being particularly impressed by hardcore rap & vice versa - likely.

Calculated a.ssumptions, accurate generalisations, & the use of more irrefutable debate techniques...wow, I am that good.

Now sit back down & hope this isn't brought up again.
 10-24-2007, 03:16 PM         #278
Jerzyfam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
You attempting to be a.ssertive - fact.
You requesting credentials - fact.
You lacking the position to make such a request - fact.

The vast majority of Yank rappers being talentless - fact.
Your opinion being worthless - likely.

Someone who likes bubblegum rap not being particularly impressed by hardcore rap & vice versa - likely.

Calculated a.ssumptions, accurate generalisations, & the use of more irrefutable debate techniques...wow, I am that good.

Now sit back down & hope this isn't brought up again.
See you fit the stereotype of european kats thinking they are better than the whole world...why don't you sit back and shut the hell up cause you are talkin out your a.ss....you don't know sh*t about me yet you tell me what i like...if i like that sh*t so do you....get lost kid...go to school or something...i'm done here
 10 years ago '05        #279
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 Jerzyfam said:
See you fit the stereotype of european kats thinking they are better than the whole world...why don't you sit back and shut the hell up cause you are talkin out your a.ss....you don't know sh*t about me yet you tell me what i like...if i like that sh*t so do you....get lost kid...go to school or something...i'm done here
I never inferred I was better than you, until I completely annihilated your position & that, in & of itself, was sufficient indication that such was the case....that's your cue to cry btw.

I never inferred I "know sh*t" about you - I have strictly commented on your posts & this dialogue.

I never inferred you liked this or that - in fact, I had the courtesy to ask, rather than to a.ssume.

"i'm done here" - you were done a long time ago, buddy. Now run along, nothing to see here.
 10 years ago '04        #280
GoSensGo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,817 | Props total: 454 454
I think Looptroop are the only ones I've ever checked for in Europe.. That's no hate or anything.. They're from Sweeden, right?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now