Gladiator Vs. 300

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which is Better
Gladiator 85 45.45%
300 102 54.55%
Voters: 187. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #41
JuStAnOtHaXaZn 
space
space
$283 | Props total: 0 0
 gunits50cent187 said:
also to add..did anyone else notice that a lot of the lines they spoke in this movie were so cliche? a lot of them were created by gay a.ss hollywood mo'fos..."tonight we dine in hell" or some sh*t..so cliche n gay.the script doesnt even come close to Gladiator.It seems like people get so drawn into movies that have corny lines,blood splattered f!ght scenes,buff warriors,etc.
im not 100 pct sure of this, but my friend said he read the 300 comic book. A lot of the lines were taken word for word out of there. So maybe that is why they were so cliche
 11 years ago '05        #42
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
lmao @ people catching feelings...I dont have a preference i think both are good but its for my mood..if iw ant great action I'll watch 300, but if i want a good story and some action thrown in their with drama..i'll watch 300 becuase i might be in that kidna mood where i dont want over blown gore thrown in my face.....so its about even there not the same type of movie so u cant compare.......so i didnt vote....
 11 years ago '05        #43
PurpleWeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,028 | Props total: 102 102
300, but Gladiator is great.
 03-19-2007, 04:57 PM         #44
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DTownPistonsFan said:
Though I didn't really agree with about half of your a.ssessment, it was at least well put and you actually gave reasons for why you thought 300 was better, so I was gonna just move on and be like "Well at least this guy stated his opinion well and gave reasons for it" until I got to those end parts. You totally DESTROYED your credibility right there.

I don't like "history" as far as going to school (when I was in hs) and reading about it, but calling it BS is ridiculous. Then on top of that, you ARE aware that 300 is based off GREEK history right?!?! And that Gladiator is FICTIONAL?!?! So it's really a.ss-backward to say that Gladiator is for people who are interested in history when it's the fictional one and 300 is based off Greek history. Then to relate being eloquent to being pus*y is stupid too, especially when Maximus, though not nearly as badass as Leonidas, was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from a pus*y.
My point is that 300 could've wasted a lot of time with the story, but instead they put most of the focus on the battle itself and selling the fact that the Spartans were warriors like no others. Gladiator wasted too much time developing the relationships between Commodus and everybody else. He was the eloquent pus*y I was referring to.

I never really thought too much into why I never thought Gladiator was a GREAT movie. But for the sake of argument, I attempted to pinpoint what is was that I didn't like. I guess if the movie had less of Commudus and his relationships I might have enjoyed it more.

I guess what it comes down to is like somebody else said. Gladiator has more drama aspects to it than you would find in your typical action flick.

Braveheart - Loads of Action w/ a slight touch of drama style story.
300 - Loads of action w/ even less touch of drama style story.
Gladiator - About 60-40 on the action to drama. Too much drama in an action movie.
 03-19-2007, 05:16 PM         #45
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
Your argument is understandable, although I strongly disagree. 300 is bad a.ss, but you say that other actors would've been better than Russell Crowe?! He won a fu*kin Academy Award for it, are you high?! You just proved to me that it's hard for you to keep an open, unbiased mind. You like "movies" ... not "films."
yeah because obviously winning an acedemy award actually means something :rolleyes:

those awards have been sh*t and meaningless for along long time
 11 years ago '04        #46
BigC75 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,071 | Props total: 234 234
Thats a good question but i would say Gladiator b/c of the plot
 11 years ago '05        #47
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
galdiator was totally more realistic.
 11 years ago '05        #48
DuzzE 42 heat pts42
space
space
$1,951 | Props total: 19 19
300 > Gladiator
 03-19-2007, 06:33 PM         #49
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dmunson318 said:
galdiator was totally more realistic.
I missed the poll that said which is more realistic?
 03-19-2007, 07:04 PM         #50
Pimpwin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For the people who saying that 300 has no storyline, lines were cliche, blah blah blah, it was based of off the fu*kin graphic novel!!! I have read the novel like 3 times, this weekend as a matter fact, and its taken scen by scene from there. They actually added some stuff to the movie to make the storyline have more depth. So of course, when it is based off scene by scene from a graphic novel, its going to not have much but lots of flashy stuff like f!ght scenes(which owned). So as a movie, Gladiator would take it, cuz it had a good story. but for entertainment, 300 all the way. I was just so excited throughout the whole movie, while Gladiator, not the whole movie.
 11 years ago '06        #51
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,982 | Props total: 4009 4009
 Styl3s said:
yeah because obviously winning an acedemy award actually means something :rolleyes:

those awards have been sh*t and meaningless for along long time
You have a "Nintendo" and "Ninja Turtles" avatar... you HAVE no opinion lil girl. :slap:
 03-19-2007, 07:30 PM         #52
DirtyHarry 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can watch a never ending 300 movie. i can only watch 30 minutes of gladiator at a time
 03-20-2007, 04:00 AM         #53
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
You have a "Nintendo" and "Ninja Turtles" avatar... you HAVE no opinion lil girl. :slap:
Yeah.. because obviously i can't have an opinion because i enjoy video games and ninja turtles, i guess yours doesnt matter because you are a ignorant moron who is a waste of life and needs to hang himself.. but hey.. whatever
 11 years ago '06        #54
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,982 | Props total: 4009 4009
 Styl3s said:
Yeah.. because obviously i can't have an opinion because i enjoy video games and ninja turtles, i guess yours doesnt matter because you are a ignorant moron who is a waste of life and needs to hang himself.. but hey.. whatever
 11 years ago '06        #55
canal_boys 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,305 | Props total: 445 445
300 is better, glad he ate her was boring as fu*k until the f!ght scenes
how can you talk about peoples name but yours is gunits50cent187
 03-21-2007, 07:29 AM         #56
Ilevakam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
300 by a long shot. the action effects were great and it had a dark gritty look to it.:D
 11 years ago '04        #57
Woot 2 heat pts
space
space
$756 | Props total: 0 0
just got seen 300 yesterday and damn.. movie was sick.. def. 300
"No Retreat, No Surrender, That Is Spartan Law"
 11 years ago '04        #58
gunits50cent187 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
$6,182 | Props total: 1514 1514
 canal_boys said:
300 is better, glad he ate her was boring as fu*k until the f!ght scenes
how can you talk about peoples name but yours is gunits50cent187

if i could change my name i would..my rap knowledge would crush you
 11 years ago '05        #59
Mannish-Yay 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,193 | Props total: 2474 2474
Gladiator most def...I think 300 visually was better but the overall story of Gladiator was better.300 had its moments but it ended pretty bad.Seems like they took pieces from Gladiator and Braveheart.I think 300 had good visuals but story sucked.
 03-21-2007, 01:07 PM         #60
Grand Hu$tle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gladiator was tight because of its storyline and representation. all 300 had was the crazy a.ss battles and the comic book feel to the movie..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy