Gladiator Vs. 300

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which is Better
Gladiator 85 45.45%
300 102 54.55%
Voters: 187. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #21
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
Yeah...nobody is really coming with any reasons why they think 300 is better. In today's age, a lot of these younger guys have such short attention spans (and are complete morons) that they just want mindless action. Now 300 is by no means "mindless action," but those people who said "Gladiator" was boring are insane. It had moments that developed character, enhanced and moved the plot....basically, it had moments without action. If that's boring to you, you're an idiot. Yes, it's your opinion that it's boring, but that whole "It's my opinion and I'm allowed to have it" is horsesh*t. It's my opinion that you're a moron, and I'm allowed to have it, and I'm right and you're wrong.

Finally, overall, Gladiator is the better movie (much more depth, better story, deep and interesting characters). 300 is the more fun and more entertaining movie. They're both great, but in different ways.
 03-19-2007, 02:10 AM         #22
DeNiro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gunits50cent187 said:
1.im glad i never met u cuz u seem like a pompous jackass.
2.i just pointed out one of your flaws
3.Gladiator is way more developed story than 300,way better acting,doesnt have 300 gays wit no shirts on,better and realistic f!ghts,etc..i can go on for days..i HEARD the spartans were flaming f*gs back in the day as well.
4.Pacino is not my favorite actor at all.My favorite actor is Robert De Niro..always has always will be.I also like Paul Newman and Steve McQueen.

thanks for the shout out
 11 years ago '05        #23
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 DTownPistonsFan said:
Yeah...nobody is really coming with any reasons why they think 300 is better. In today's age, a lot of these younger guys have such short attention spans (and are complete morons) that they just want mindless action. Now 300 is by no means "mindless action," but those people who said "Gladiator" was boring are insane. It had moments that developed character, enhanced and moved the plot....basically, it had moments without action. If that's boring to you, you're an idiot. Yes, it's your opinion that it's boring, but that whole "It's my opinion and I'm allowed to have it" is horsesh*t. It's my opinion that you're a moron, and I'm allowed to have it, and I'm right and you're wrong.

Finally, overall, Gladiator is the better movie (much more depth, better story, deep and interesting characters). 300 is the more fun and more entertaining movie. They're both great, but in different ways.
You look like a f*g**t in that pic IMO.

...No matter what you don't disrespect other people's opinion, if someone doesn't like Gladiator then yeah they don't like Gladiator whatever. However IMO 300 was really good, I don't give a fu*k what kind of ignorant sh*t you're going to say to that. I respect your opinion about Gladiator and I expect the same respect returned.

Last edited by JaiMega; 03-19-2007 at 07:22 AM..
 03-19-2007, 08:12 AM         #24
Vincent Vega 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gladiator was the better movie imo.......it seemed like the previews for 300 were all the good parts in the movie.......like they left nothing crazy to see in the movie cause u seen it all in the previews......maybe because my expectations were SO high for 300 and it wasn't all that to me makes a difference.......but i really dont see it as any kind of competition.......300 has no character development and besides leonidas no other character really stands out.....where as in gladiator u can imagine as if u were right there f!ghting with maximus and sh*t.......to me that makes gladiator better automatically
 03-19-2007, 08:17 AM         #25
!ALLMONEYENT! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
300 all day yo that movie was hard from the beginning to the end im a biiiiggg gladiator fan but bottom line 300 was action packed gore all that
 03-19-2007, 08:24 AM         #26
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Both great action films, I give 300 a very slight edge since the color scheme looked tight a.ss hell.
 11 years ago '05        #27
marq 
space
space
space
$1,333 | Props total: 0 0
Gladiator def had a better plot, but nothing is more ruthless than 300 men taking out thousands.......
 11 years ago '06        #28
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,481 | Props total: 258 258
thats easy 300 all day
 11 years ago '04        #29
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,750 | Props total: 2410 2410
Hands down 300. I think that's the obvious.........
 11 years ago '04        #30
PushaT5050 
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 25 25
Gladiator....only thing hot about 300 is the f!ght scenes, the rest of the movie is trash.
 03-19-2007, 10:37 AM         #31
KUMA_3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
300>Gladiator

Leonidas>Maximus

infact the 300 were like 300 Maximus plus to me the storytelling and camara work was way better than Gladiator mostly by virtue of it being made later in history. In anycase 300 all day
 11 years ago '04        #32
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 JaiMega said:
You look like a f*g**t in that pic IMO.

...No matter what you don't disrespect other people's opinion, if someone doesn't like Gladiator then yeah they don't like Gladiator whatever. However IMO 300 was really good, I don't give a fu*k what kind of ignorant sh*t you're going to say to that. I respect your opinion about Gladiator and I expect the same respect returned.
Damn homie, you expect me to respect you? Based off what? You sayin I look like a f*g? I ain't gotta respect nobody's goddamn opinion. You wanna know what kind of people say "It's my opinion and I'm allowed to have it, so you should respect it?" ? People who always got some ignorant a.ss sh*t comin out they mouth. Being allowed to have an opinion is one thing, being allowed to constantly stay some stupid sh*t is another. If you should be allowed to have your opinion, then quit being a hypocrite and allow me to have my opinion that you're a stupid bi*ch. :finger:

And yeah, it's always the n*ggas whose girls wanna fu*k me that got something to say bout how I look. k!ll yourself.

Last edited by DTownPistonsFan; 03-19-2007 at 10:38 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #33
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4013 4013
 DTownPistonsFan said:

I agree 100% I love 300... it's what a manly movie about war should be like. In fact, I'm definitely gonna buy it when it comes out. But saying it sh*ts on Gladiator? Ridley Scott (iconic director/producer)? Russell Crowe (great actor)? Hans Zimmer (legendary music composer)?! Please. Gladiator WAS the more complete story. It was deeper, the story was GREAT... it just had more depth to it. It was an ACTOR's movie. Im sorry but Gladiator >>> 300. They're different, and 300 did create a new type of genre (in terms of its look and animation). Morons nowadays don't want to sit through a story; you just throw blood and guts at their faces and they're happy.
 11 years ago '04        #34
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
^^^^^^^^^^ Yup. And once again, if it was clear the first time I said, I loved "300" as well. And I'ma definitely cop it when it comes on DVD and I already got a nice copy of it on my computer right now. So nobody is saying that "300" is bad, but to say it's better cuz "Gladiator" was boring? Crazy.
 03-19-2007, 01:57 PM         #35
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gladiator was good, but it was nothing I was flipping out over. I just hated everything about Joaquin Phoenix's character. Plus I didn't really care for Russell Crowe either. I think there are at least 5 other mainstream Hollywood actors who would've been better in that role.

Yea Gladiator had more story, but 300's little story was more entertaining to me.

1. Action - Winner 300 - The strategy behind making Xerxes Army numbers insignificant was great for the action. I loved the way the first wave of attacks went down.

2. Characters - Winner 300 - I thought 300 blew away Gladiator in this aspect. The scene between Leonidas and the allies when they first meet and he talks about their professions was more badass than any scene with Maximus. Plus the different enemy creatures/genetic freaks that were in 300 were way more entertaining than any enemy Maximus faced.

3. Story - Winner 300 - I know a lot of people will sh*t on me for this, but I did not really care for Gladiator's story. Gladiator leaves you mostly disappointed at the end where 300 was closer to a Braveheart style ending.

4. Picture and Sound - Winner 300 - No comparison here. 300 blows away any other movie released in the genre.

I personally would rate 300 a 9 out of 10. Gladiator to me is a 6 out of 10. I think Gladiator is more for people who are into the classical style of acting and are interested in history and BS like that. 300 is for those who want straight action and characters who are Badasses and not eloquent pussies.
 11 years ago '06        #36
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4013 4013
 RediKnight said:
Gladiator was good, but it was nothing I was flipping out over. I just hated everything about Joaquin Phoenix's character. Plus I didn't really care for Russell Crowe either. I think there are at least 5 other mainstream Hollywood actors who would've been better in that role.

Yea Gladiator had more story, but 300's little story was more entertaining to me.

1. Action - Winner 300 - The strategy behind making Xerxes Army numbers insignificant was great for the action. I loved the way the first wave of attacks went down.

2. Characters - Winner 300 - I thought 300 blew away Gladiator in this aspect. The scene between Leonidas and the allies when they first meet and he talks about their professions was more badass than any scene with Maximus. Plus the different enemy creatures/genetic freaks that were in 300 were way more entertaining than any enemy Maximus faced.

3. Story - Winner 300 - I know a lot of people will sh*t on me for this, but I did not really care for Gladiator's story. Gladiator leaves you mostly disappointed at the end where 300 was closer to a Braveheart style ending.

4. Picture and Sound - Winner 300 - No comparison here. 300 blows away any other movie released in the genre.

I personally would rate 300 a 9 out of 10. Gladiator to me is a 6 out of 10. I think Gladiator is more for people who are into the classical style of acting and are interested in history and BS like that. 300 is for those who want straight action and characters who are Badasses and not eloquent pussies.
Your argument is understandable, although I strongly disagree. 300 is bad a.ss, but you say that other actors would've been better than Russell Crowe?! He won a fu*kin Academy Award for it, are you high?! You just proved to me that it's hard for you to keep an open, unbiased mind. You like "movies" ... not "films."
 03-19-2007, 02:08 PM         #37
one1bean 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like gladiator...better story line.... The original 300 movie..."The Battle of Thermopalyae" had a better story line and it was in black/white and was made like in the 50's....
 11 years ago '06        #38
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,265 | Props total: 444 444
iite i gotta state my opinion here.... 300 was more entertaining cause it was high octane f!ght after figt after f!ght.. the effects were cool and kept you interested... gladiator was more of a slow moving more developed story.. honestly the movies are not that similar... gladiator was more of a drama and 300 was an action movie.. both of them were tight as sh*t.... i voted 300 in the poll just cause i had seen it twice in two days but i watched gladiator today and i gotta say that they are on the same level.. although gladiator is more of the award winnin kind of movie... and btw i do think leonidos would fu*k up maximus.
 03-19-2007, 02:21 PM         #39
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
Your argument is understandable, although I strongly disagree. 300 is bad a.ss, but you say that other actors would've been better than Russell Crowe?! He won a fu*kin Academy Award for it, are you high?! You just proved to me that it's hard for you to keep an open, unbiased mind. You like "movies" ... not "films."
Yea Whatever. I liked that movie "The Pianist." I liked "Requiem for a Dream." Those are "films" and not just "movies." For some reason Russell Crowe doesn't grab me as a leading man in an action movie. I stand by my statement that other actors could've done the role just as well and probably would've won an Oscar. I think guys like Crowe and Brody benefited from the fact that they were still relatively unknown before their roles in the movies that won them the Oscar. Even though Crowe was nominated the year before for the Insider, I still remember having to explain to people who he was before the movie came out. More people knew him from that sh*tty Denzel movie than they did the Insider. Also he benefited from competition he faced that year. ie. Russell Crowe was up against Tom Hanks who had won the award twice in the last decade and was nominated for a movie in which he had a like an hour long stretch without speaking a word. Crowe's performance in A Beautiful Mind was WAAAYYYY better than his performance in Gladiator but he didn't win the award for that. Why??? 1. He had just won it so it is much harder to win it once you've already won it. 2. His competition was much steeper that year going against Denzel in Training Day.

Last edited by RediKnight; 03-19-2007 at 02:35 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #40
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 RediKnight said:

Though I didn't really agree with about half of your a.ssessment, it was at least well put and you actually gave reasons for why you thought 300 was better, so I was gonna just move on and be like "Well at least this guy stated his opinion well and gave reasons for it" until I got to those end parts. You totally DESTROYED your credibility right there.

I don't like "history" as far as going to school (when I was in hs) and reading about it, but calling it BS is ridiculous. Then on top of that, you ARE aware that 300 is based off GREEK history right?!?! And that Gladiator is FICTIONAL?!?! So it's really a.ss-backward to say that Gladiator is for people who are interested in history when it's the fictional one and 300 is based off Greek history. Then to relate being eloquent to being pus*y is stupid too, especially when Maximus, though not nearly as badass as Leonidas, was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from a pus*y.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
341 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy