Mar 1 - A lot of people are sick of rap???

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
149 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-02-2007, 04:29 PM         #121
Sign Related 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
I think the sales decline is more to do with people becoming more critical of what they listen to.

You have hip hop fans talking about hip hop is dead, you have pop fans saying pops dead, heavy metal fans saying heavy metals dead, punk fans saying punk is dead, country fans saying country is dead, techno fans saying techno is dead.

Music as a whole is in a decline... The industries been monopolised to much
i agree.
 11 years ago '04        #122
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
i'll always listen to rap, i just dont like leaning with it or rocking with it, especially not in my white tee
 11 years ago '06        #123
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
It's true, if you were just to sit and read these dudes raps without knowing who they are you would think its all the same. Don't get me wrong I love hip hop but some of the sh*t is a joke.
 03-02-2007, 04:50 PM         #124
Mbrew457 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its all debateable I guess
 03-02-2007, 05:00 PM         #125
Lankizzle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TURKEEZE said:
Nice read! Nothin but the truth. Been sayin this for years. It takes too much work for these lame cats to say something meaningful or uplifting! That is why right now all I listen to is Christian Rap. And I am so glad I made the switch, there are actually some really tight cats over there! Trip Lee, Lecrae and Tedashii are the best right now if you ask me. Check em out if you lookin for a change!
True dat! Also Da Truth is nice.
 03-02-2007, 05:20 PM         #126
Tha Juggernaut6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i blame the industry and the artist who don't have the balls 2 show america that black people are intelligent.
 03-02-2007, 05:24 PM         #127
Tha Juggernaut6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
stop buying the bullsh*t and support the real thats the only thing thats going 2 get these labels 2 make a change in the mainstream. like it or not people the mainstream is the face of our culture and our community. 1.
 03-02-2007, 05:40 PM         #128
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its Like If The Caucasions Like It F*uck My People.......there Worst Than Colon Powell And Condaleeza Rice.....the Bad Part Is That Is Not Even So Much Rappers Its Da Major Label Owners They Dont Care Its Not There Ppl Shucking And Jiving And Until The Rappers Realize This It Will Neva Stop And Thats Real

Think about whut the fu*k youre saying - itf whut you say is true about the suits - then the rappers ARE to blame,suits dont "Force" rappers to sign contracts,they just do it because of the cash - ,you dont NEED the majors - but some rappers aspire to be on one - How many cats do it independently? LOTS - theyve realized 1,they have CREATIVE control,and 2,theyre still gonna get money,maybe not as much as a major would offer,but smart dudes go "Well i can make whut i want ,not have to make "Candy Shop" type records,and still be well known in my area AND get paid." Some rappers on majors just "Sell out" for the cash,so it "IS THEYRE FAULT",your obviously not involved in any way with the industry,so fu*k off till you know whut youre talking about...
 11 years ago '04        #129
jiggamanll 
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 0 0
not much to say here but im going back to my 98' albums.
 11 years ago '04        #130
murdahudawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,173 | Props total: 968 968
 demon9991 said:
Every Genre is being affected.
truest sh*t stated.

all music sales are fu*kin down, IDIOTS!
it's not just rap.
music sales are down period.
if rap is/was the biggest selling genre don't you think they would be most affected by the whole music indusrty sales falling into a slump?

cd's are ancient, and they haven't found an efficient way to sell music to the masses any longer.

iTunes is cool, but the formats are different so every artist sh*t cant be sold there.
iTUNES could and would make a RECORD COMPANY irreleveant to artists. [if itunes was capable of selling all music from all artists,which at present time they can not.]

an artist might only need a record company for promotion, which essentially would turn the recording company into a promoter.
which would mean a lot of suits losing money.

if all consumers were actually buying off of itunes, an artist would be very capable of "blowing up" if he only applied him or herself [and of course had good music to begin with]. All without the help from a recording label and it's extortion type contractual agreement.

where do you think this would put the a&r's? lol ca u say goodbye bi*che?

an artist would only need to hire help at this point for promotion,marketing,prodcuing,legal,management. [still better then a label].

[oh p.s. rock and rap both have the same substance, just different styles so i wouldn't understand why anyone would feed into this media bullsh*t especially anything linked to the a.ssociated press, aren't them the idiots that called black people looters during hurricane katrina but white people finding food to survive? im by no means making this a race thing but just pointing something out since hip-hop's foundation is the black culture.]

[p.p.s to them old heads who are still stuck in rap's golden age, who the fu*k are they to say what is hot or not? the young people decide what is cool and what is in style, they always have and always will and that isn't just with music it's with everything, hell it's the american way.

So with that said their point is irrelevant - in truth - all i can do is tell em go pull out ya old cd's and bang them sh*ts cause those days of hip-hop are long gone and wont ever come back, hell it's like asking an artist to keep drawing the same fu*kin painting over and over again, sh*t gets monotonous.]

peace.
 03-02-2007, 08:01 PM         #131
Tavito 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xtrapimpin said:
Falling for the FAD of hip hop is dead...you bunch of followers.

"Everything I LISTENED to was original. Everything I HEAR now is just a re-run."

Life itself is a rerun dummy...everything is repeated.....to be any good at anything requires practice, which is essentially repetition. If you can Name something you'd consider original, I or somebody else could name something that came before that's the same thing. sheeesh
Name something you do well and I bet it required you to repeat until you got good at it

How many times have I said the same thing in this post to no effect??????
Exactly

I'm out this post for good. Expand your Minds
Like I said homie, everything I listened to was original. Eazy/Dre/Snoop/DPG, that was gangsta sh*t, no one even attempted to cuss in their rappings before NWA! Like i said, everything now is a re-run. I don't wanna hear jeezy/wayne/ or any other "gangsta rapper" spit the same sh*t that i already heard. Besides nothing's like the original. Everythings been said & done... over.
 03-03-2007, 03:45 AM         #132
Da_Hard_H1tta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not sick of rap, im sick of the rap that comes out now.
 03-03-2007, 03:48 AM         #133
mondo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only people that are sick of rap are the people that love 2 hate. Just because the east coast is not in the picture and the west took over, everyone just needs to step their game up.
 11 years ago '04        #134
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
its not about anyone stepping their game up or rap getting repetitive its about the powers that be sucking the life outta the game by only showing one aspect of it.

true rap is raw, violent and edgy but thats how it was meant to be live direct in your face, unforgiving and most of all honest artist have to have room to say what they want.

the problem is the media is only showing one side of the culture, the roots came out with an album last year where was the push? lupe fiasco, method man very fews radio and video airs if any.

so when you think rap nowadays what comes to mind? young jeezy, yung joc mike jones, just the same albums of n*ggas not talking about sh*t over and over in your face all day, you don't believe me look at defjam icon whats all over that game?

there are tons of new artist out there bringn new sh*t to the game.

kidz in the hall
lupe fiasco
Ra-sun (had to throw me in there wait till my album drops)
k-0s
fort minor
gym class heroes

there are tons of artist out there with a positive vibe

talib kweli
common
mosdef
pharoah monch
the roots
outkast
kanye west

the problem is that this side of music is not properly represented or supported and until it does and balance comes back in the game its going to continue to suffer
 03-03-2007, 04:59 AM         #135
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For 1 - Obviously more than half of you arent old enough to get into events/night clubs - (Where rap excels,whut you'd call "Club bangers",not the underground stuff you put on while cleaning up your house Sunday after a party,and if you listen to that when good times are going,1 - chances are no chicks are there lol and 2,your party music sucks lol)

2 - Ppl like LL Cool J,Mc Hammer,Tone loc been shuckin and jiving inthey videos for like twenty years so you can fu*k off with that "Blame D.F.B D4L
etc)

3)fu*k ipods
 03-03-2007, 05:37 AM         #136
YusufSaad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
okay this is how it is:
ALL the rappers nowadays arent talking about sh*t
i been saying this for 5 years.
its like, the rappers like jeezy and weezy both have been throwing up the same bullsh*t forever, lil jon got boring real fast, g-unit is boring as fu*k
but even the so called "concious" rappers arent talking about sh*t
all common and talib REALLY got to say is how sorry the state of hip hop is.
like wtf. who wants to buy a rap album thats ABOUT the state of rap? this sh*t isnt pro wrestling.
really though BLAME THE CLEAR CHANNEL for the decline in everyones sales
 03-03-2007, 07:38 AM         #137
Rickd07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All I Can Say Is Termanology, Papoose, Saigon, 7th Foul,

Cant Wait For Real Hiphop To Pop Off....

Its Happenin As We Speak The Chess Table Is Gettin Setup Again.

Bun Babylon!!!!!
 03-03-2007, 08:32 AM         #138
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"For 1 - Obviously more than half of you arent old enough to get into events/night clubs - (Where rap excels,whut you'd call "Club bangers",not the underground stuff you put on while cleaning up your house Sunday after a party,and if you listen to that when good times are going,1 - chances are no chicks are there lol and 2,your party music sucks lol)"

that was pretty stupid...obviously most of us are old enough...and well yeah ive gotten that response too when people like wack sh*t,
"i like what the bi*ches like....." or if its some stupid club sh*t
"i like it cuz the bi*ches get down to it at the clubs"

thats really a stupid reason to say you like any "hip hop"
 03-03-2007, 08:36 AM         #139
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jiggamanll said:
not much to say here but im going back to my 98' albums.
**** yeah

:cool:
 11 years ago '05        #140
DaSmoothiest 
space
space
$394 | Props total: 16 16
interesting article, but I dont agree with that hip hop is dead bullsh*t. Maybe in your eyes and ears but not mine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and there is alot of ppeople out here that have very bias opinions, but you cannot speak for every body. Also it seem like when the south got there feet in the door good every body want to say hip hop is dead but not to me. through out rap history, rap wasnt always positive. You can go back to the NWA dayz, it wasnt nothing positive about them and I can name a few more rappers from back then. The south isnt the reason sales are going down
I think it is the bootleg market. REAl Talk
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy