Mar 1 - A lot of people are sick of rap???

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
74 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-01-2007, 03:58 PM         #81
strikewhun 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SD-11 said:
r u serious...see its ppl like u tht ruin the sh*t...who said it was supposed to evolve..jeezy???...fuk tht, it can progress but evolve is a strong word man...from 93-97, there was little evolving rap, and it was great, from 2000-2006, there was ALOT of evoloving, especially these past 4 years...and look wht evolving has done to rap!!!!...see wht im tryna say is tht all THIS JEEzY, YOUG JOC, LIL'THIS, LIL'THAT, YOUNG'THIS, YOUNG'THAT RAPPERS ARENT "RAPPERS"...cause to be a rapper u gotta spit rap...and i dont think u know wht "rap" means or stands for...i posted it on like the second page!!...i dont care if they bump all this music in the club but just DONT CALL IT RAP, CAUSE ITS NOT...its Crunk music, club music...NOT RAP...so fuk, lwt those rappers lean wit and rock wit it but dont ever put them in the same category as "RAP" music....juss cause they black and rhyming dont mean its rap!!!..........fukkin never heard a real rapper go like "YEAAAAAAAA" "OOOO KKKKKKKKKK!!!!!"....likeWTF.....have some substance and meaning to it....and YES, we CAN put alot of the blame on the SOUTH becaus tht is were it usually comes FROM....im not hatin, im just saying ur "music" down there isnt "rap"...call it "south music" or "crunk music", or whtever the fuk u wann call it but just dont call it "rap music"...caus ethere is very little rappers on the east coast tht go "YEAAAAAA" "OOOO KKKKKKK"...so tht is "ur" type of musci, tht is the "south" style music...it aint "rap"...so understand tht before u talk about evolving....cause evolving is changing...and if u "changing" rap, trhen it really aint "rap" anymore. is it....it changes to something else.....so i say, instead of u guys trying to "evolve" or "change" "rap"....start ur own "genre" of music and leave the real rap alone to ppl tht r gunna spit some meaningful sh*t....Rythem And Poetry is wht "RAP" stands for...were do u see Poetry in club music, in jeezy's music or JOC's music...there aint non....so its not RAP...

let this go, u lost....

word.
 03-01-2007, 04:05 PM         #82
dolla101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I live in The South & the sh*t fu*kin garbage they put need 2 stop ,,,,it is because of the south hip-hop is the way it is .....of course young n*gga think the sh*t is hott because they dont know the roots of hip hop.....all they know is 2-pac/biggie
I CANT WAIT 4 THE SOUTH sh*t 2 END!!!!!
 11 years ago '05        #83
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,469 | Props total: 2489 2489
Good read
 03-01-2007, 04:15 PM         #84
Snyder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i try to make good hip hop music, once again just give at least give a track a listen, it's highly appreciated whether u enjoy the track or don't, that is all.
 03-01-2007, 04:26 PM         #85
killacrainz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tru Story Ladies & Gentlemen
 03-01-2007, 04:35 PM         #86
Tavito 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Remember in the good ol' days when almost every rapper had a "MC" to start their moniker? Since then it's changed to "Young" or "Lil", why u say? Cuz there ain't no such thing as an "MC" anymore. It's so funny that I find myself still listening to sh*t from the early-mid 90's. I grew up DPG, my first album was the "Doggystyle" tape. Everything I LISTENED to was original. Everything I HEAR now is just a re-run.
 03-01-2007, 04:38 PM         #87
SD-11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 legendisdope said:
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Good job.
hahah...ya im just speaking wht i feel, and the truth...the game is dead, if we consider every black guying rhyming a rapper...if not, and only the people tht really "rap", then we have a big chance of regaining our old ways...it seems like nas and a few rappers r the only once trying to bring it back to the way it was!!!!
 03-01-2007, 04:45 PM         #88
Twinn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 servesurite said:
some of this is true....and to be honest most blame falls on the south, like it or not, i've never seen a whole bunch of n*ggaz who constantly talk bout the same sh*t over and over again.....joc, wayne, jeezy....sh*t gets stale after a while

but theres hope with n*ggaz like mos def, talib, and common....

man i misss the days of the pharcyde and tribe called quest when n*ggaz actually had sh*t to talk bout
stfu u dont realize u contradict ur self. mos def talib kweli and common talk about the same sh*t. so if we sit there and talk about changing we basically doin the samething as the people talkin about trappin and snappin..... NOTHING!!!!! so for them to sit and talk about there situations as poor, black, or whatever is irrelevant to anything that has something to do wit hip hop because ITS JUST MUSIC!!!!
 03-01-2007, 04:49 PM         #89
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Falling for the FAD of hip hop is dead...you bunch of followers.

"Everything I LISTENED to was original. Everything I HEAR now is just a re-run."

Life itself is a rerun dummy...everything is repeated.....to be any good at anything requires practice, which is essentially repetition. If you can Name something you'd consider original, I or somebody else could name something that came before that's the same thing. sheeesh
Name something you do well and I bet it required you to repeat until you got good at it

How many times have I said the same thing in this post to no effect??????
Exactly

I'm out this post for good. Expand your Minds
 11 years ago '06        #90
siren 
space
space
$1,404 | Props total: 151 151
good read. But right now all music sucks. Each and every genre of music is relitively wack. Sales are on the decline because every is downloading. Black people never really bought a lot of rap to begin with. It was always whites that bought most rap. So now that most whites have computers and i pods... you get the picture. The quality of rap music has to be blamed on the execs. They are only in it for one reason and thats money. They dont care whats out there and who its hurting, as long as they get paid. Something needs to change, but its not. Hip Hop is dead, so I selectivly pick my music.
 11 years ago '06        #91
WillScrillz5000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,666 | Props total: 552 552
All I Gotta say is that Rap is So fu*kin generic & repetative now. Now since the internet is around (file sharing), everyone is putting their sh*t out there and its generic. not only that, but record sales are low because theres no excitement to hear a great album anymore b/c of the internet. Big name rappers do not drop albums fast enough to keep peoples attention, and as a society we want our information faster and faster. We d/load albums and they only stay hot for a month at a time and then we are waiting for the next sh*t. I dunno, but i blame the record companies too because they are the ones releasing a lot of garbage rap...rap is really corporate now as oppossed to a love thing and poetic thing like it used to be. Personally I dont think people care about lyrics anymore and the sh*t we hear all the time is dumbed the fu*k down. Hip hop isnt dead to me...but its definatley on life support!
 03-01-2007, 04:57 PM         #92
plattinum13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 $tr3tch said:
alot of people have been "sick of rap" for a long a.ss time. I don't listen to any of these new bs artists
I second this. Been saving so much money cause sh*t is watered down and not worth it. Rap aint creative anymore, never was once people realized they could take a tough beat, make up a dance, and sell that sh*t to little girls. Im not gonna say whos to blame but everyone knows who makes this music.
 03-01-2007, 05:01 PM         #93
SD-11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 plattinum13 said:
I second this. Been saving so much money cause sh*t is watered down and not worth it. Rap aint creative anymore, never was once people realized they could take a tough beat, make up a dance, and sell that sh*t to little girls. Im not gonna say whos to blame but everyone knows who makes this music.
hahahaha....word!!!!!
 03-01-2007, 05:08 PM         #94
plattinum13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:
only in mainstream my good man. and its mostly rap

mainstream rap has been sh*t for years, ive yet to see a true mainstream rock band minus a few and they are not that bad, punk mainstream doesnt exist, 30 seconds to mars is not punk, good charlette is not punk, grunge isnt mainstream (believe it or not nirvana was NOT grunge, they were altern rock)

i like a little underground rap but the fact is they have all been rapping about the same bullsh*t for years.. it isnt the souths fault, people were rapping about that sh*t way before south hit mainstream, south just does it better :rolleyes:

I mostly agree with you but Nirvana created Grunge. Grunge came out of seattle and they pretty much started it. Alternative is just a category for everything that has a different sound. So at a point Nirvana was alternaive, but they created grunge rock.
 03-01-2007, 05:28 PM         #95
supapat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i feel that there needs to be a balance, becuz everybody even peolpe with no skill are getting a tight beat and making it a dance and it just all starting to sound alike......which is annoying....i just changed hella songs on my album becuz i was tooo doing some of that bullsh*t
 11 years ago '04        #96
GoSensGo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,817 | Props total: 454 454
Good read...
 11 years ago '05        #97
LigerX 
space
space
$573 | Props total: 0 0
This si a very good and true read. Know what though? It aint just rap thats declining, its all across the board. R&B is gettin worse, so is rock, even go-go round my way is declining (been declinging really). People are starting to see it more for a bussiness instead of an art. All they do is see how the first person got they money, follow right behind him, and go after the money. Its become a thing of money now and they dont even care what happens to get it, they just get it.

Umm...and downloading to...think that may have something to do with it .
 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM         #98
SD-11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 supapat said:
i feel that there needs to be a balance, becuz everybody even peolpe with no skill are getting a tight beat and making it a dance and it just all starting to sound alike......which is annoying....i just changed hella songs on my album becuz i was tooo doing some of that bullsh*t
yo i just checked ur myspace and ur music is tht same south style rap tht is k!lling the "rap" game...its not rap...its "south", "club", "crunk" music, not "rap".....

keep it up though....ur "south" music my come thru duke..u might make it!!!!

ez...
 11 years ago '05        #99
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
ignorance is bliss

all i gotta say
 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM         #100
MATUREMALE22S 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just Like Anything In This World, Once You Get To Much Of Something It Starts To Get On Your Nerves...but Really Who Is Going To Listen To Another Genre Of Music....not Me...lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now