Mar 1 - A lot of people are sick of rap???

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
29 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #41
44gunnzupnukka 5 heat pts
space
space
$967 | Props total: 177 177
awww lawd....Here we go again....

Blame da south who cares, But lets put it like this, Name one fu*king rapper that hasnt talk bout somthing another one hasnt??? Juz because talib talks bout something different, doesnt mean he dont talk about the same sh*t..ya feel me? Subject matter is very limited cuz every thing has already been spoken on, Now you gotta put a twist on it, say it in a different way, on different beatz. There's nothing more to talk bout, Unless we have life changing events like Katrina...And Erbody done jumped on dat bandwagon and Made a song bout dat......soon as somebody say something erbody wanna Blog about this and blog about that...who cares.....Opinions are always around
 11 years ago '04        #42
space
space
 PHLYHigH said:
good stuff man keep it up!

As for the subject, i think what's happening to hip hop might be kind of good. If people stop buying music from joc, jibbs or other clown artists, they are doomed to stop putting out crap, or switch to making quality music. Hip hop might go back to less commercial, more relevent music. I.e. recently i only bought cds from artists i really respect like Nas, Common, Talib, Lupe or local cats from Montreal. I can still listen to Jeezy, but i'll never put up money for his albums. I mean we need to help out artists that do quality rap, and push underground quality rap. Also go back to classics, albums that are timeless...who will care about 24's in 5 years ?? turns out I Used To Love H.E.R. is still relevent...

lol...this is exactly what im talkin bout...Everybody swears they "opinion" is the truth. Y you gone stop buying joc or jibbs music??? they gotta make a living to right?...Its somebody out there thats gonna like Chain hang low, OR its going down right?? Jus like country music or rock....Its called preference family. U dont like it??? DOnt buy it ya feel me. Lets look at the names u just spoke on, common, Nas, talib and lupe. All these n*ggas are looking for commercial success too, lol c'mon man...if they arent they shouldnt be rappin cuz its a fu*king job, how else they gone eat...Sell records! Underground rap?? What so special bout what they talk about??? NOthing cuz its da same sh*t ...lol man ya'll k!llin me....ANd Lemme tell you who gone care bout 24's in 5 years....That lil kid dat was 13 years old now he 18.....and want to ride big with his system banging....lol datz who...savior ya early years n*gga and do what ya do.....cuz in 5 years i'll be 30 so i dont know what my mentality a be like...Thats why i love KIngdome come from hova.....But guesss what n*ggas still hatin...you cant cater to erbody....datz why i just do me, and shrug the bull sh*t off
 03-01-2007, 11:58 AM         #43
TURKEEZE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice read! Nothin but the truth. Been sayin this for years. It takes too much work for these lame cats to say something meaningful or uplifting! That is why right now all I listen to is Christian Rap. And I am so glad I made the switch, there are actually some really tight cats over there! Trip Lee, Lecrae and Tedashii are the best right now if you ask me. Check em out if you lookin for a change!
 11 years ago '04        #44
PHLYHigH 
space
space
$454 | Props total: 0 0
 44gunnzupnukka said:
lol...this is exactly what im talkin bout...Everybody swears they "opinion" is the truth. Y you gone stop buying joc or jibbs music??? they gotta make a living to right?...Its somebody out there thats gonna like Chain hang low, OR its going down right?? Jus like country music or rock....Its called preference family. U dont like it??? DOnt buy it ya feel me. Lets look at the names u just spoke on, common, Nas, talib and lupe. All these n*ggas are looking for commercial success too, lol c'mon man...if they arent they shouldnt be rappin cuz its a fu*king job, how else they gone eat...Sell records! Underground rap?? What so special bout what they talk about??? NOthing cuz its da same sh*t ...lol man ya'll k!llin me....ANd Lemme tell you who gone care bout 24's in 5 years....That lil kid dat was 13 years old now he 18.....and want to ride big with his system banging....lol datz who...savior ya early years n*gga and do what ya do.....cuz in 5 years i'll be 30 so i dont know what my mentality a be like...Thats why i love KIngdome come from hova.....But guesss what n*ggas still hatin...you cant cater to erbody....datz why i just do me, and shrug the bull sh*t off

i'm not saying i own the truth and you shouldn't buy jibbs cd, im saying i won't buy it... and you're right it's preferences. and yeah i quoted commercial rappers, but TO ME they do quality music. People might not feel Lupe and that's alright. Good for Jibbs if he can eat off chain hang low, but don't tell people will still bump it in 5 years. At the end of the day people will support artists they feel and you can't change that, i just think there is room for more diverse rap, and we should be more open minded. But you're right man, do you cause i will still do me.

at you callin me savior
 11 years ago '04        #45
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,190 | Props total: 3331 3331
I don't think people are tired of rap because of the violence and s3x, but because n*ggas just don't have any lyrical skill.
 11 years ago '07        #46
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,189 | Props total: 4 4
That sh*ts real, but I think rap aint goin nowhere. Way more ppl listen now then back in the 80's-early 90's when it was commin up, even if 99 percent is garbage...
 03-01-2007, 12:20 PM         #47
espionage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
which came first the weak a.ss rappers talking about the same mess, or the ignorant a.ss hip hop heads that only want to hear that garbage? When some does come out talking about something different that shows growth, we don't buy it. i.e. jayz & nas. I'm sure there are more but those were the 2 that I don't think hip hop audience really missed the boat on!
 11 years ago '04        #48
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
Im sick of todays hip hop, thats why i been listenin to alotta 90's hip hop. It's too repetative. How many times we gone rap bout bussin guns, diamonds, crack, n bi*ches?
The bad thing about it is, the music is a reflection of what the community is feelin. U got artists like Lupe Fiasco, who are highly creative and lyrical who dont even touch gold; then u got artists like Jeezy who just brags about how he sells so much drugs to ppl in his community n hes a multiplatinum artist. The ambition is low and these artists dont seem to have any heart, like they juss use rap as a paycheck.
I can't really speak on other genres sales declining because I haven't been following them like hip hop, but I can honestly say hip hop is far more different then what it was years ago.
 11 years ago '04        #49
Adam A 19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 85 85
Every dog has its day.
 11 years ago '07        #50
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,189 | Props total: 4 4
I wanna know what ppl listenin too from the 90's that aint got this violence and sh*t? Must be some Dj Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince, I remember buyin Cubes Predator when it hit the shelves, it always been like this just been copied too many times. I don't even listen to most new artist cause they all the same, you can only talk about sh*t so many times it get old.
 11 years ago '06        #51
adam827 
space
space
space
$59 | Props total: 0 0
PERSONALLY IM SICK OF RAP OR WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT NOW GANGSTER RAP. I DONT CALL IT HIP HOP CAUSES HIP HOP IS ABOUT UNLIFTING YOUR OWN PEOPLE, REUNITING AND LOVING ONE ANOTHER CAUSES OUR HISTORY WE BEEN THREW IT ALL HATE, STRUGGLING ETC. KIDS NOW A DAYS GET EASILY INFLUENCE TO THESE TYPE OF sh*t FOR EXAMPLE KIDS WEARING THOSE HOODS SHIRTS "LIVE BY THE GUN DIE BY THE GUN" IT MAKE NO SENSE TO ME. RAPPERS GOT A VOICE TO SAY WHAT THEY WANNA SAY BUT THEY SHOULD REALIZE HOW MANY fu*kIN KIDS AND YOUTH OUT THERE LISTENING TO THEM. ALL I GOTTA SAY IS KEEP IT REAL AND KEEP IT POSITIVE. LIVE OR DIE TRYING..
 11 years ago '05        #52
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
I Think ppl are always puttin us (Black ppl) and our music on a different Standars. I mean its catch 22 if we dont sell we suck and we cant work. But if we talk bout whats really goin on then its to hard and they want it to stop.

Its a lose lose either way and i dont wanna here this sh*t bout Rap is the only negative music. Rock is just as bad They got half nekkid girl to Blood and guts all type of negative sh*t goin on. This is some racist sh*t how can u not see that. Example......
Vince Young Wins the Rookie of the year Did they hype that up really No Did they Make a big deal bout Vince Young Naw not really, why because it was positive a good thing fo Black Ppl.
Now Negative for the past week all day everyday all ESPN can talk about is what happend With Pac Man Jones wiith the 81k Thats all they beein talkin bout fo the whole week. Pac Man Jones can win MvP next Year and they would still be like Well he is a trouble maker look what happend at the strip club. They dont want us to succed its a None Fact so anytime somethin BAd happend they Blow it up and hate on us because deep down they dont what us to come up Anyway.. Hip hop is fine its just on a low state right now, but watch they gonna blow this up blow it up and when it gets bac they gonna be like wEll its good now but fo How Long!!! Smh
 03-01-2007, 12:44 PM         #53
King Juels 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me say this and be done with it "Can't nobody save the world, but Jesus!" you can write as many books as you want and criticize whatever, but it's only going to get worse. You can only make a difference in small arena's, but saving the world let alone America when that's what it was built on isn't happening. You can only save those that want to be saved.
 11 years ago '04        #54
space
space
 PHLYHigH said:
i'm not saying i own the truth and you shouldn't buy jibbs cd, im saying i won't buy it... and you're right it's preferences. and yeah i quoted commercial rappers, but TO ME they do quality music. People might not feel Lupe and that's alright. Good for Jibbs if he can eat off chain hang low, but don't tell people will still bump it in 5 years. At the end of the day people will support artists they feel and you can't change that, i just think there is room for more diverse rap, and we should be more open minded. But you're right man, do you cause i will still do me.

at you callin me savior

i wasnt callin you savior fam...lol...i was saying like ya know cherish ya early years.....but anyway.....i dont know if chain hang low will get bump in 5 years..lol real talk...dat sh*t might replace the music the preisdent walk out to...lol...nah but I listen 2 er thang..im from the south....its juz k!lls me how people point fingers at sh*t, its just plain stupid. Music is Music. I make music too, so I know whats going an artist head. I think all rappers are open minded. Look at Nas.....he's open minded as fu*k right, but look at HIpHOPIsDead album, He tryna bring it back to early 90's. Is that really open minded? if hiphop is supposed to evolve why u tryna take us back, lol....stupid rappers
 03-01-2007, 12:50 PM         #55
jpass28 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't hate on me fellas. But rap's fallen off. It hasn't been good in like 4 years.

I don't even try to listen to it anymore because I know I'll be listening to the same crap.

I'd almost prefer they just make instrumentals now and forget about making lyrics.
 03-01-2007, 12:53 PM         #56
JAYMETRO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wuteva man....... *turns up devin the dude "just tryin to live" up*
 11 years ago '05        #57
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
 servesurite said:
some of this is true....and to be honest most blame falls on the south, like it or not, i've never seen a whole bunch of n*ggaz who constantly talk bout the same sh*t over and over again.....joc, wayne, jeezy....sh*t gets stale after a while

but theres hope with n*ggaz like mos def, talib, and common....

man i misss the days of the pharcyde and tribe called quest when n*ggaz actually had sh*t to talk bout
how you gonna say most of it falls on the south..whens the last time you heard g-unit or dipset or any of their artists come out with a meaningful song or album talking about other sh*t then drugs, money, and women. Im not saying the south isnt to blame at all but you cant say most of the blame falls on them. It falls on rap as a whole with the exception of artists like you mentioned. No hate cause im from ct but the south isn't to blame for this one....fu*k g-unit and dipset and whoever bumps em
 11 years ago '05        #58
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
I Think ppl are always puttin us (Black ppl) and our music on a different Standars. I mean its catch 22 if we dont sell we suck and we cant work. But if we talk bout whats really goin on then its to hard and they want it to stop.

Its a lose lose either way and i dont wanna here this sh*t bout Rap is the only negative music. Rock is just as bad They got half nekkid girl to Blood and guts all type of negative sh*t goin on. This is some racist sh*t how can u not see that. Example......
Vince Young Wins the Rookie of the year Did they hype that up really No Did they Make a big deal bout Vince Young Naw not really, why because it was positive a good thing fo Black Ppl.
Now Negative for the past week all day everyday all ESPN can talk about is what happend With Pac Man Jones wiith the 81k Thats all they beein talkin bout fo the whole week. Pac Man Jones can win MvP next Year and they would still be like Well he is a trouble maker look what happend at the strip club. They dont want us to succed its a None Fact so anytime somethin BAd happend they Blow it up and hate on us because deep down they dont what us to come up Anyway.. Hip hop is fine its just on a low state right now, but watch they gonna blow this up blow it up and when it gets bac they gonna be like wEll its good now but fo How Long!!! Smh
no offense but your name is gunit-finest....you're supporting one of the biggest groups k!llin rap right now. And im nto disagreeing that people don't give blacks enough credit sometimes and that they do try to bring them down with things like the whole osama obama thing and the looting in new orleans..but what do you really want them to do for vince young? Yeah he won the award and they mentioned it but they arent gonna throw him a parade or anything. He didnt win the super bowl..he got his award and thats that.

And alslo im gonna have to disagree with you on the whole rock thing...yeah they talka bout sh*t like k!llin themselves and everything , but imo rap is much more influential to the people who listen to it. I use to be all into rock and they just talk about depressing sh*t that is personal...they aren't talkin bout bustin there guns ever 4 bars or about moving kilos of coke in their city
 03-01-2007, 01:10 PM         #59
IcE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we need 2 make a change b4 we lose it for good....u can't blame east coast west coast tha south...nah....u gotta blame tha ppl running tha labels....all this gang sh*t and hustlin drugs and my life is like scarface they see that as a huge cash cow....hip hop ain't what it used 2 b...it's so fu*kin commercial now.....there r so many artists who still can tell a good story on a song but barely anyone cares...they'd rather here throw some ds or how much coke they sold and how much they ballin...it's sad man
 11 years ago '04        #60
PHLYHigH 
space
space
$454 | Props total: 0 0
 44gunnzupnukka said:
i wasnt callin you savior fam...lol...i was saying like ya know cherish ya early years.....but anyway.....i dont know if chain hang low will get bump in 5 years..lol real talk...dat sh*t might replace the music the preisdent walk out to...lol...nah but I listen 2 er thang..im from the south....its juz k!lls me how people point fingers at sh*t, its just plain stupid. Music is Music. I make music too, so I know whats going an artist head. I think all rappers are open minded. Look at Nas.....he's open minded as fu*k right, but look at HIpHOPIsDead album, He tryna bring it back to early 90's. Is that really open minded? if hiphop is supposed to evolve why u tryna take us back, lol....stupid rappers
at Bush walking out of AF1 to Chain Hang Low

I feel you though, artists will do music whatever way they want to, and the south shouldn't be blamed for anything. I mean Jeezy has his own life and "Go Getta" might be his way of saying "f!ght the Power", like fu*k the establishment, let me get mine! I won't be taken as a fool and i will shine no matter what.
Plus if you look at the south, yes there is Jibbs, but then again there is Luda, Scarface, Little Brother, Outkast and many more who put out different, original music and they got meaningful lyrics.

Luda is a good example, like on Release Therapy you got your club bangers like Money Maker, you got your hardcore "gangster sh*t" like Grew Up A Screw Up, but you also got some deep stuff like War With God and Tell It Like It Is. That's pretty open-minded.
Plus the east, the west, and whatever part of the US or the world have all put out crap rap, not just the south.
Heads need to be more open-minded too, give a rapper a chance, listen to music, not just skim thru it...
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago