Mar 1 - A lot of people are sick of rap???

most viewed right now
+187  172
95 comments @wild'ish
most viewed right now
15 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

12 years ago '06        #51
adam827 
space
space
space
$59 | Props total: 0 0
PERSONALLY IM SICK OF RAP OR WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT NOW GANGSTER RAP. I DONT CALL IT HIP HOP CAUSES HIP HOP IS ABOUT UNLIFTING YOUR OWN PEOPLE, REUNITING AND LOVING ONE ANOTHER CAUSES OUR HISTORY WE BEEN THREW IT ALL HATE, STRUGGLING ETC. KIDS NOW A DAYS GET EASILY INFLUENCE TO THESE TYPE OF sh*t FOR EXAMPLE KIDS WEARING THOSE HOODS SHIRTS "LIVE BY THE GUN DIE BY THE GUN" IT MAKE NO SENSE TO ME. RAPPERS GOT A VOICE TO SAY WHAT THEY WANNA SAY BUT THEY SHOULD REALIZE HOW MANY fu*kIN KIDS AND YOUTH OUT THERE LISTENING TO THEM. ALL I GOTTA SAY IS KEEP IT REAL AND KEEP IT POSITIVE. LIVE OR DIE TRYING..

12 years ago '05        #52
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,642 | Props total: 358 358
I Think ppl are always puttin us (Black ppl) and our music on a different Standars. I mean its catch 22 if we dont sell we suck and we cant work. But if we talk bout whats really goin on then its to hard and they want it to stop.

Its a lose lose either way and i dont wanna here this sh*t bout Rap is the only negative music. Rock is just as bad They got half nekkid girl to Blood and guts all type of negative sh*t goin on. This is some racist sh*t how can u not see that. Example......
Vince Young Wins the Rookie of the year Did they hype that up really No Did they Make a big deal bout Vince Young Naw not really, why because it was positive a good thing fo Black Ppl.
Now Negative for the past week all day everyday all ESPN can talk about is what happend With Pac Man Jones wiith the 81k Thats all they beein talkin bout fo the whole week. Pac Man Jones can win MvP next Year and they would still be like Well he is a trouble maker look what happend at the strip club. They dont want us to succed its a None Fact so anytime somethin BAd happend they Blow it up and hate on us because deep down they dont what us to come up Anyway.. Hip hop is fine its just on a low state right now, but watch they gonna blow this up blow it up and when it gets bac they gonna be like wEll its good now but fo How Long!!! Smh

03-01-2007, 12:44 PM         #53
King Juels 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me say this and be done with it "Can't nobody save the world, but Jesus!" you can write as many books as you want and criticize whatever, but it's only going to get worse. You can only make a difference in small arena's, but saving the world let alone America when that's what it was built on isn't happening. You can only save those that want to be saved.

12 years ago '04        #54
44gunnzupnukka 5 heat pts
space
space
$973 | Props total: 186 186
 PHLYHigH said
i'm not saying i own the truth and you shouldn't buy jibbs cd, im saying i won't buy it... and you're right it's preferences. and yeah i quoted commercial rappers, but TO ME they do quality music. People might not feel Lupe and that's alright. Good for Jibbs if he can eat off chain hang low, but don't tell people will still bump it in 5 years. At the end of the day people will support artists they feel and you can't change that, i just think there is room for more diverse rap, and we should be more open minded. But you're right man, do you cause i will still do me.

at you callin me savior

i wasnt callin you savior fam...lol...i was saying like ya know cherish ya early years.....but anyway.....i dont know if chain hang low will get bump in 5 years..lol real talk...dat sh*t might replace the music the preisdent walk out to...lol...nah but I listen 2 er thang..im from the south....its juz k!lls me how people point fingers at sh*t, its just plain stupid. Music is Music. I make music too, so I know whats going an artist head. I think all rappers are open minded. Look at Nas.....he's open minded as fu*k right, but look at HIpHOPIsDead album, He tryna bring it back to early 90's. Is that really open minded? if hiphop is supposed to evolve why u tryna take us back, lol....stupid rappers

03-01-2007, 12:50 PM         #55
jpass28 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't hate on me fellas. But rap's fallen off. It hasn't been good in like 4 years.

I don't even try to listen to it anymore because I know I'll be listening to the same crap.

I'd almost prefer they just make instrumentals now and forget about making lyrics.

03-01-2007, 12:53 PM         #56
JAYMETRO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wuteva man....... *turns up devin the dude "just tryin to live" up*

12 years ago '05        #57
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,587 | Props total: 58 58
 servesurite said
some of this is true....and to be honest most blame falls on the south, like it or not, i've never seen a whole bunch of n*ggaz who constantly talk bout the same sh*t over and over again.....joc, wayne, jeezy....sh*t gets stale after a while

but theres hope with n*ggaz like mos def, talib, and common....

man i misss the days of the pharcyde and tribe called quest when n*ggaz actually had sh*t to talk bout
how you gonna say most of it falls on the south..whens the last time you heard g-unit or dipset or any of their artists come out with a meaningful song or album talking about other sh*t then drugs, money, and women. Im not saying the south isnt to blame at all but you cant say most of the blame falls on them. It falls on rap as a whole with the exception of artists like you mentioned. No hate cause im from ct but the south isn't to blame for this one....fu*k g-unit and dipset and whoever bumps em

12 years ago '05        #58
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,587 | Props total: 58 58
 GUNIT-FINEST said
I Think ppl are always puttin us (Black ppl) and our music on a different Standars. I mean its catch 22 if we dont sell we suck and we cant work. But if we talk bout whats really goin on then its to hard and they want it to stop.

Its a lose lose either way and i dont wanna here this sh*t bout Rap is the only negative music. Rock is just as bad They got half nekkid girl to Blood and guts all type of negative sh*t goin on. This is some racist sh*t how can u not see that. Example......
Vince Young Wins the Rookie of the year Did they hype that up really No Did they Make a big deal bout Vince Young Naw not really, why because it was positive a good thing fo Black Ppl.
Now Negative for the past week all day everyday all ESPN can talk about is what happend With Pac Man Jones wiith the 81k Thats all they beein talkin bout fo the whole week. Pac Man Jones can win MvP next Year and they would still be like Well he is a trouble maker look what happend at the strip club. They dont want us to succed its a None Fact so anytime somethin BAd happend they Blow it up and hate on us because deep down they dont what us to come up Anyway.. Hip hop is fine its just on a low state right now, but watch they gonna blow this up blow it up and when it gets bac they gonna be like wEll its good now but fo How Long!!! Smh
no offense but your name is gunit-finest....you're supporting one of the biggest groups k!llin rap right now. And im nto disagreeing that people don't give blacks enough credit sometimes and that they do try to bring them down with things like the whole osama obama thing and the looting in new orleans..but what do you really want them to do for vince young? Yeah he won the award and they mentioned it but they arent gonna throw him a parade or anything. He didnt win the super bowl..he got his award and thats that.

And alslo im gonna have to disagree with you on the whole rock thing...yeah they talka bout sh*t like k!llin themselves and everything , but imo rap is much more influential to the people who listen to it. I use to be all into rock and they just talk about depressing sh*t that is personal...they aren't talkin bout bustin there guns ever 4 bars or about moving kilos of coke in their city

03-01-2007, 01:10 PM         #59
IcE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we need 2 make a change b4 we lose it for good....u can't blame east coast west coast tha south...nah....u gotta blame tha ppl running tha labels....all this gang sh*t and hustlin drugs and my life is like scarface they see that as a huge cash cow....hip hop ain't what it used 2 b...it's so fu*kin commercial now.....there r so many artists who still can tell a good story on a song but barely anyone cares...they'd rather here throw some ds or how much coke they sold and how much they ballin...it's sad man

12 years ago '04        #60
PHLYHigH 
space
space
$454 | Props total: 0 0
 44gunnzupnukka said
i wasnt callin you savior fam...lol...i was saying like ya know cherish ya early years.....but anyway.....i dont know if chain hang low will get bump in 5 years..lol real talk...dat sh*t might replace the music the preisdent walk out to...lol...nah but I listen 2 er thang..im from the south....its juz k!lls me how people point fingers at sh*t, its just plain stupid. Music is Music. I make music too, so I know whats going an artist head. I think all rappers are open minded. Look at Nas.....he's open minded as fu*k right, but look at HIpHOPIsDead album, He tryna bring it back to early 90's. Is that really open minded? if hiphop is supposed to evolve why u tryna take us back, lol....stupid rappers
at Bush walking out of AF1 to Chain Hang Low

I feel you though, artists will do music whatever way they want to, and the south shouldn't be blamed for anything. I mean Jeezy has his own life and "Go Getta" might be his way of saying "f!ght the Power", like fu*k the establishment, let me get mine! I won't be taken as a fool and i will shine no matter what.
Plus if you look at the south, yes there is Jibbs, but then again there is Luda, Scarface, Little Brother, Outkast and many more who put out different, original music and they got meaningful lyrics.

Luda is a good example, like on Release Therapy you got your club bangers like Money Maker, you got your hardcore "gangster sh*t" like Grew Up A Screw Up, but you also got some deep stuff like War With God and Tell It Like It Is. That's pretty open-minded.
Plus the east, the west, and whatever part of the US or the world have all put out crap rap, not just the south.
Heads need to be more open-minded too, give a rapper a chance, listen to music, not just skim thru it...

03-01-2007, 01:14 PM         #61
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i jsut read the highlighted stuff but yeah.... sh*t is so repetitive now and boring that i have turned to listening to other genres....i mean yeah im kinda tired of "Rap" sh*t has sucked for so long now its like eh.....and i mean i used to listen to rap non-stop but i mean the whole club sh*t and "baby i love you.." sh*t i mean it all got boring ...and styles...beats...i mean i dont know...
rappers rapping about "my 24 in rims" or my "house on the hills" al the "baller" sh*t really....i doubt anyone on this forum can relate to most of the sh*t these rappers rap about ...and its probably repetitive to say but its true....
im mexican, and well yeah i cna listen to "chicano rappers" and 'relate' but that sh*t is stupid n sh*t but thats the closest to reaching home than most
the guns...the murders...no one giving a fu*k about the hood.....
poverty....and i mean some of these 'conscious" rappers rap about sh*t but their beats are wack hahaa
but i dont know....
i was listening to the black And White Soundtrack the other day, and i was like DAnm this is when sh*t was tight.....sh*t has just declined so much....

Last edited by ElMarroAfamado; 03-01-2007 at 01:15 PM..

03-01-2007, 01:14 PM         #62
killabee28 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
true that

12 years ago '06        #63
sportyankz 
space
space
$1,455 | Props total: 0 0
now i m

12 years ago '04        #64
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
 AwolRJ said
I wanna know what ppl listenin too from the 90's that aint got this violence and sh*t? Must be some Dj Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince, I remember buyin Cubes Predator when it hit the shelves, it always been like this just been copied too many times. I don't even listen to most new artist cause they all the same, you can only talk about sh*t so many times it get old.
sh*t like A Tribe Called Quest, Redman, Slick Rick, Public Enemy. Aint nuthin wrong wit gangsta rap from the 90's, its juss now its a bit exaggerated n played out. NWA brought the gangsta into the game n the unoriginal artists juss keep on bitin them hopin to acheive the same success as old gangsta rappers.

12 years ago '04        #65
AlSween 
space
space
$1,388 | Props total: 26 26
 servesurite said
some of this is true....and to be honest most blame falls on the south, like it or not, i've never seen a whole bunch of n*ggaz who constantly talk bout the same sh*t over and over again.....joc, wayne, jeezy....sh*t gets stale after a while

but theres hope with n*ggaz like mos def, talib, and common....

man i misss the days of the pharcyde and tribe called quest when n*ggaz actually had sh*t to talk bout
jay z. i didn't know he was from atlanta but he sure talks about the same thing.

03-01-2007, 01:27 PM         #66
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
funny the girl in the article namedropped ghetto revival

03-01-2007, 01:28 PM         #67
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 demon9991 said
Every Genre is being affected.
only in mainstream my good man. and its mostly rap

mainstream rap has been sh*t for years, ive yet to see a true mainstream rock band minus a few and they are not that bad, punk mainstream doesnt exist, 30 seconds to mars is not punk, good charlette is not punk, grunge isnt mainstream (believe it or not nirvana was NOT grunge, they were altern rock)

i like a little underground rap but the fact is they have all been rapping about the same bullsh*t for years.. it isnt the souths fault, people were rapping about that sh*t way before south hit mainstream, south just does it better :rolleyes:

12 years ago '06        #68
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,415 | Props total: 4 4
 darealness818 said
i been a hip hopper since when i was lil n now i jus gave it up...i jus listen to techno now
lol damn big 360 lol. but na i dont blame you naa mean. I dunno who to blame. I aint gon blame gangsta rap or nothin because some of it is good. I think Ive read somethin in the article how people are tired of sh*t bout coke dealin. sh*t ghostface rap bout coke but still keep it creative and put out good music. I think about that sh*t like damn ....rap aint that excitin nomore. I remember when this sh*t had alot of genres of rap and it still got recognition. Now its just bout that gangsta sh*t so I guess, you know, people get tired of it...too much of somethin can do that to you...blame these industries.

03-01-2007, 01:48 PM         #69
yanboyz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i got sick of rap after tupac died
i was listenin to pac str8 up til 2004 then 50cent came in the game.. kinda brough the sh*t bak then died again
young jeezy's thug motivation 101 came thru
now is dyin again

12 years ago '07        #70
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,196 | Props total: 24 24
Lol 4 real Hip Hop always been my favorite and always will, but I don't even know all these young jeezy young whatever. Honestly aint got a single one they jams on my ipod and I don't know anyone up here my age that bump em either. It must be you younger ppl buyin they sh*t and makin em rich, same ppl who go on here bashin Pac. I think there no savin us now, cause honestly all the good hip hop had done aint ever gonna outweigh all this garbage...

03-01-2007, 02:37 PM         #71
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm laughing at all of you saying it sounds the same. LOL in fact. Damn near Everything is a repitition of something that came before it.

Rarely do I see a movie where the premise isn't something I've seen before
Rarely do I watch sports and see something I've never seen before
Rarely do I play games and experience something like never before
s3x is a repititious action with varations but you'll never hear me say I'm givin up s3x...never that

Before Jordan there was Dr J
Before Nas was Rakim
Before DVD there was VHS
Before the Ipod there was walkman
Before Bush we had Reagan

In essence its all the same thing

With all the rappers out, if you can only find Jeezy and Joc, then maybe you should quit listenin

I FEEL SORRY FOR ALL THIS HIP HOP YALL GON MISS OUT ON and are Currently missin out on. I guess you guys were in it as a FAD anyway. Gone then with ya Fad following a.sses

just listen to Talib Kweli- more or less before you go
oh yeah and while I write this, I'm jamming this Black Milk mixtape he gave away for free. RIP J dilla

I listen to everything but none above this hip hop.
Yall act like hip hop is the Dunk contest or something

12 years ago '04        #72
two-face 97 heat pts97
space
space
$45,503 | Props total: 47711 47711
ya i been tired of rap all i listen to is stuff made b4 2001,the rap game lucky andres starting to flo again to

03-01-2007, 02:43 PM         #73
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall should quit s3xin up these women since its so repetitive....just leave that action to me...its way too repititious for yall

03-01-2007, 03:03 PM         #74
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is from hiphopsite.com

50 REASONS TO LIVE ANOTHER YEAR (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

This stream-of-consciousness list only scratches the surface of what will be released in 2007. A good 15% of this stuff will not see the light of day in 2007, and 5% of it will never see the light of day at all. Oh, don't get all depressed now. sh*t.

1. Dr. Dre - "Detox" - Aftermath
2. Kanye West - "Graduation" - Roc-A-Fella
3. Common - "Finding Forever" - Geffen
4. El-P - "I'll Sleep When You're Dead" - Definitive Jux
5. RJD2 - "The Third Hand" - XL Recordings
6. Apathy - "Baptism By Fire" - Demigodz
7. Little Brother - "Get Back" - Atlantic
8. Evidence - "The Weatherman" - ABB Records
9. Danger Mouse Presents Underground Animals - Waxploitation
10. 9th Wonder - "Dream Merchant 2.0" - 6Hole
11. Aesop Rock - "None Shall Pass" - Definitive Jux
12. J. Dilla - "Jay Love Japan" - Counterflow
13. J. Dilla - "Ruff Draft (Re-Release)" - Stones Throw
14. The Good, The Bad, and The Queen - Capitol
15. MF Doom - "Operation: Doomsday (Reissue)" - Rhymesayers
16. MF Doom - "MM…Food" (Reissue)" - Rhymesayers
17. MF Doom - "Untitled DVD Release" - Rhymesayers
18. Atmosphere - "Untitled DVD Release" - Rhymesayers
19. Cee-Lo & Jack Splash Are The Heart Attack - Counterflow
20. Cee-Lo & Jazze Pha LP - Counterflow
21. Stat Quo - "Statlanta" - Shady Records
22. 50 Cent - "Before I Self Destruct" - G-Unit
23. Pharrell / ?uestlove - "In My Mind (Version 2.0)" - Star Trak
24. Lil' Jon - "Crunk Rock" - TVT
25. Saigon - "The Greatest Story Never Told" - Atlantic
26. Talib Kweli / Madlib - "Liberation" - Blacksmith
27. Talib Kweli - "Eardrum" - Warner
28. M.I.A. - "Untitled Sophomore LP" - XL Recordings
29. Pharoahe Monch - "Desire" - SRC Records
30. Brother Ali - "The Undisputed Truth" - Rhymesayers
31. Wu-Tang Clan - "Untitled New LP" - SRC Records
32. Young Buck - "Buck The World" - G-Unit
33. Chamillionaire - "The Ultimate Victory" - Universal
34. Lupe Fiasco - "The Cool" - Atlantic
35. Ol' Dirty Bastard - "A Son Unique" - Dame Dash Music Group
36. Proof - "Time Will Tell" - Iron Fist Records
37. Redman - "Red Gone Wild" - Def Jam
38. Raekwon - "Only Built For Cuban Linx 2" - Aftermath
39. Royce Da 5'9 & DJ Premier "Untitled LP" - ?????
40. Teflon / DJ Premier LP - Year Round Records
41. Blaq Poet / DJ Premier LP - Year Round Records
42. Wu-Tang Clan & Friends - "Unreleased" - Nature Sounds
43. Lil Wayne - Untitled Solo LP - Ca$h Money
44. Sean Price - "Jesus Price Superstar" - Duck Down
45. Edgar Allen Floe - "The Streetwise LP" - Shaman Work Recordings
46. MF Doom & Ghostface - "Ghostface Meets Metalface" - ????
47. U.G.K. - "Underground Kings" - Jive
48. GZA / Genius - "More Words From The Genius" - Babygrande
49. Will.I.Am - Untitled Solo Project - Interscope
50. Ill Bill - "The Hour Of Reprisal" - Uncle Howie

bad year to quit IMO, but whatever

03-01-2007, 03:06 PM         #75
benzsl4585 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GOOD fu*kIN READ.

it's all true. I've loved hip hop all my life, and I am slowly losing iterest...

Home      

most viewed right now
+29online now  63
Article inside Chiko Juan death: Meek Mill affiliate reportedly dead after Atlanta s..
145 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  60
Video inside Remember when Murder Inc. tried to create there own 50 Cent....
58 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+26online now  27
Video inside If You Decide To Get Married, This Will Be Your Life
160 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+65online now  17
Image(s) inside May 31, 2019, Legendary Pictures will be DROPPING. BODIES.
45 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  14
Well Damn " Drake bodied Pusha T " Tory Lanez
70 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  11
Image(s) inside First Poster for Jordan Peele’s upcoming film “US”; trailer drops on C..
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+55online now  9
Image(s) inside Rich Porter Sister Patricia Blasts Alpo In Latest IG post #StopGlorify..
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  9
Dec 13 - Atlanta goons shoot and kill a Police officer and K-9 off Candler Road
184 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy