Mar 1 - A lot of people are sick of rap???

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
63 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-01-2007, 09:48 AM         #21
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop is falling off
 11 years ago '06        #22
Dead Prezidents 
space
space
$2,030 | Props total: 6 6
 servesurite said:
some of this is true....and to be honest most blame falls on the south, like it or not, i've never seen a whole bunch of n*ggaz who constantly talk bout the same sh*t over and over again.....joc, wayne, jeezy....sh*t gets stale after a while

but theres hope with n*ggaz like mos def, talib, and common....

man i misss the days of the pharcyde and tribe called quest when n*ggaz actually had sh*t to talk bout
Shut the fu*k Up and go listen to a stetsasonic CD.
 11 years ago '05        #23
Krazi oNe 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,381 | Props total: 1 1
theres alot of great albums coming this year..just look out for them!
 03-01-2007, 09:57 AM         #24
built4haters 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
I think the sales decline is more to do with people becoming more critical of what they listen to.

You have hip hop fans talking about hip hop is dead, you have pop fans saying pops dead, heavy metal fans saying heavy metals dead, punk fans saying punk is dead, country fans saying country is dead, techno fans saying techno is dead.

Music as a whole is in a decline... The industries been monopolised to much
Thank You!!!!.....fuk wut nikkas talk about %75 sh*t never tru anyways and people should already know that...the ones that r blind to it r the followers
 03-01-2007, 09:58 AM         #25
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didn't read it yet, but the only way you can be sick of hip hop as a fan of it is if you let TV and Radio dictate what you hear and see, and you look no further than that, which is what most people do, and then they whine about the music because they're not looking elsewhere for something different.

If all you watch is MTV BET and listen to your local radio, you won't get the variety that's always existed in the music. You'll get what they play, which is the same thing over and over.
My local radio stations practically plays the same songs every hour. I took a road trip and drove from New York back down the San antonio TX and found little to no variety in the music being played, which was kinda shocking. Hot 97 in New York plays the exact same thing my sh*tty 98.5 SA station plays. wack.

My point is is that I've been listening to
The Roots- game theory
Talib Kweli- Liberation and Blacksmiths mixtape
Method man- 421 the day after
Afro Samurai soundtrack
Killer Mike- I pledge allegience to the grind
J dilla- all his music I can get my hands on RIP
Chrome Children cd
Oh no-Exodus into unheard rhyme
Aloe Blacc - Shine through
Devin the Dude- just trying to live

And my list could go on and on and on. And if I let radio and TV rule my music tastes, I'd be sick of it to, and I'd have never gotten any of these CDs.

Look further before you complain about the music
Hiphopsite.com is a great site for upcoming releases
Boxden will let you know whats up when it comes to music releases as well

You can't even get all the news on TV and radio, they too busy talkin about Brittany and anna nicole.

Look further should be your key words
 11 years ago '04        #26
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
The music is what it is, because the buying public spends money on this trash! If hip hop heads would actually go out and buy the quality music they talk about wanting we wouldn't have these issues about hip hop.

the trash hip-hop is selling records/ making money and that's what makes rappers talk about it!
 03-01-2007, 10:14 AM         #27
Snyder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hahaha the majority of america is being spoonfed music it's like the main industry gives u "jay-z, young bloods, lupe, lil wayne, or game" and your like "ok which one do i have to like?" and if you don't like you complain about it?, (plays pete rock sample "searching......searching.....searching)
 03-01-2007, 10:14 AM         #28
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Also who runs Radio and TV, it sure isn't people who understand hip hop as a culture...nope, its run by rich white people who just want the money from the culture and don't care otherwise. So who should we really be complaining to???

There's tons of rappers but they only show certain ones with certain images, is that hip hops fault???? NO
Is that Talibs fault???? Cuz his sh*t bangs
Is it commons fault
Mos Def's fault
Immortal techniques fault
Wu tang clans fault
Outkasts fault
the Roots fault
Madlib, madvillain, jaylibs fault
J dillas fault
Royce 5 9 fault
De la soul fault
Boot camp click fault
Obie trice fault
pharoah monch
Redman
Oh no
Scarface
UGK
Rass kass
J zone
little brother
Missy or timbaland
Neptunes fault
Hi tek
8 ball MG
Nas
AZ
Saigon
Styles P or Jadakiss
Is it Stones Throw or Babygrande fault???

These artists and tons more have new music and vidoes all the time, but most of the ones I listed you never hear or see on TV or radio.....and they make bangin songs with all kinds of topics.....

Who's fault is it really that you so sick of hip hop???????
 03-01-2007, 10:15 AM         #29
CrackMp3z 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the real hip hop heads liked how the game was before, not how it is now....most of the real hip hop heads still listen to BIG, PAC, NAS, RAKIM, KRS ONE and SCARFACE!!!..cause this new thing yall call "rap" is bullsh*t...is crunk music..its club music...its not "RAP"..cause "RAP" stands for Rythem And Poetry...and in "poetry" u need a meaning and substance...this new music aint got tht....its fukin bullsh*t...

I so agree, and with the rest of your comments, in my ride u can find albums like Pac, Nas, Eazy E, KRS, Rap is dumb down these days. Honestly besides listening to the classic true rap stuff, I only listen to a little bit of westcoast like The.Game, anything new from Nas. Besides the rest of the stuff in my car is Rock (that has more meaning then rap to me right now).

I agree with Nas Hip Is Dead, If Not It Is Dying. People that speak positive thru the Mic should be given time to spread there message. I have lil cousins / nieces that diss what I listen to "Whats that old sh*t in your car", "Did you listen to that new diss track by The Game", "The Camrom Diss Track Is Tight" blah blah. I refuse to listen to this new trash of Hip Hip, its so sad some rappers made there own language even (Snoop, Santana, Cameron (who I dont know what the hell he says half the time or makes sense to me)).

I will never let the classic die, You find my ride for sure is Pac, KRS, Nas, and of course Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Michael Jackson. I would even pump MC Hammer to not even hear that new trash out there. These little kids think they know so much about Rap, but they only the beef stuff. They need to do there homework and go back in time and see what REAL RAP was all about!

*TURNS UP* 2PAC - CHANGES!
 11 years ago '05        #30
EPhilly 
space
space
$721 | Props total: 0 0
Hip Hop needs to be in the streets... this mainstream sh*t is ridiculous.

By streets I don't mean the gangsta sh*t... I mean how it used to be with cats cypherin on corners and sh*t, and really tryin to push their cds around town. I mean, it still happens, but you don't see that sh*t much anymore. I remember in Michigan I used to see cats just rhymin in a busy section of town hopin cats would listen. Now it's like stage, stage, stage, fu*k the streets, oh now I have an album lemme try to sell it.

Nobody puts in work for music, and that's the problem. We got a bunch of lazy artists on top. Nobody wants originallity. I'm just glad that I didn't see one negative comment on here like "fu*k nah, G-Unit is takin over, hip hop is still on top, they just hatin"... it lets me know we still have hope.
 03-01-2007, 10:21 AM         #31
CrackMp3z 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gunit Is On Top! They Will Save Hiphop

I Would Rather Shoot Myself In The Foot Before I Would Ever Want To See That!
 11 years ago '05        #32
Roemoaphi 
space
space
$588 | Props total: 0 0
Props! Damn good read.

While I agree with most of what was said, I think a very big part of the problem is never really discussed. The labels and radio have played a very big part in the decline of Hip Hop.

In the "good old days" that several people have mentioned we didn't get our Hip Hop from mainstream radio, MTV, etc., because they wouldn't touch it!! We got our Hip Hop from the local DJ's spinnin' WHATEVER would make the crowd move, no matter who made it and where they were from. Once we heard a song, we could go to the local Mom and Pop record shop and pick it up and maybe something else that was playing in the store at the time as well. We got our Hip Hop from word of mouth, talking to your cousin in another city or state and tellin' him who was hot in your city and vice versa. That's why there was so much diversity in the beginning.

Once the mainstream took over that type of discovery ended. We only got the Hip Hop that they deemed "profitable" and it's still like that today.

Stop letting the radio and TV tell you what's hot. Check out some 'underground artists" and you might be surprised how much 'real" Hip Hop is still out there.

Last edited by Roemoaphi; 03-01-2007 at 10:28 AM..
 03-01-2007, 10:44 AM         #33
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Banner is right....America as a whole is sick, we love s3x and violence in USA

For instance The Departed won best picture.....did anyone say anything about the racist comment Jack made at the beginning of that about blacks, or did anyone complain about how many people got k!lled???? Nope!!!! Here's your best picture Martin, you deserve it, what a great picture

Here's your best actor award Denzel for playing a dirty black cop
Here's your Oscar Halle for letting Billy Bob smash

And who in here owns a computer with no pr0n on it????
Most of the movies I own have violence, whether its action or comedy
Why all I mostly play are sports games or violent videogames
All the sports I watch are violent except basketball and you know how that gets sometimes

Football-violent
Boxing-violent
UFC and Pride- Violent

Passion of Christ was oh so violent, but it had the guise of religion
Paris Hilton got famous off a s3x tape
Why is the local news so depressing and violent????? Find out tonight at 10

And hip hop is to blame for all this????
 11 years ago '06        #34
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4019 4019
Nice post INTRO. It's sad to see what's happening to hip hop... but what can you do? Just support your artists, and if you like an album, go BUY it.

Even dances that may seem innocuous are not above the fray. Last summer, as the "Chicken Noodle Soup" song and accompanying dance became a sensation, Baltimore Sun pop critic Rashod D. Ollison mused that the dance — demonstrated in the video by young people stomping wildly from side to side — was part of the growing minstrelization of rap music.

"The music, dances and images in the video are clearly reminiscent of the era when pop culture reduced blacks to caricatures: lazy 'coons,' grinning 'pickaninnies,' s3xually super-charged 'bucks,"' he wrote.
^^ Co-sign and agree 100%. That sh*t isn't hip hop... it's monkey music.
 11 years ago '05        #35
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,101 | Props total: 4235 4235
blame it on the media
 03-01-2007, 11:13 AM         #36
Snyder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cyphering on corners don't even go down no more, last dude i asked to jump in a cypher told me "nah man i only spit for dough, we real wit dis sh*t right here man, no dough no flow" i'm like (i thought everyone had a genuine love to just rap period?)
 03-01-2007, 11:16 AM         #37
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
To be honest if your a real hiphop fan you cannot be tired of rap.....to me it appears alot of eminem listeners stop listening to rap music when em started dropping bullsh*t. I talk to some listeners and they describe rap as being stupid now but all i see in thier music catalogs is fred durst, red n meth, eminem, bone thugs and twista......you know they are not really expanding thier minds to other artist. I still enjoy hiphop west, east,south, midwest and north......but to be fair Im a huge fan of music....not all rap music is worth the listen true indeed but hell staying where I stay Charlotte NC(which is a party city) most southern hiphop is party music so we club to it....no one really thinks the lyrics are making a statement its just have fun music. So while this article may be true I feel that most of those sick of rap never really gave it a chance anyway....at least thats my opinion
 11 years ago '04        #38
PHLYHigH 
space
space
$454 | Props total: 0 0
 Snyder said:
damn half my message never even made it, anyway sick of rap? eh......well lets just say i haven't been really inspired or motivated in years, i motivate myself by dreaming of what i want to do and just doing it. At least 10 mixtapes by me on dilla beats, just blaze beats, and others will be dropped as im working to get my official LP album released, i have dreams.

good stuff man keep it up!

As for the subject, i think what's happening to hip hop might be kind of good. If people stop buying music from joc, jibbs or other clown artists, they are doomed to stop putting out crap, or switch to making quality music. Hip hop might go back to less commercial, more relevent music. I.e. recently i only bought cds from artists i really respect like Nas, Common, Talib, Lupe or local cats from Montreal. I can still listen to Jeezy, but i'll never put up money for his albums. I mean we need to help out artists that do quality rap, and push underground quality rap. Also go back to classics, albums that are timeless...who will care about 24's in 5 years ?? turns out I Used To Love H.E.R. is still relevent...
 11 years ago '04        #39
skillz0104 
space
space
$460 | Props total: 0 0
Good read...
 11 years ago '04        #40
bradleyb87 
space
space
$2,130 | Props total: 559 559
I was just talking to my n*ggaz about this sh*t yesterday. Rap is boring right now--I got the old classics playing at the moment. I think it's a whole bunch of sh*t that contributed to it's state as of right now...downloading.. repetitiveness..but at the top, for me, is rap becoming so damn commercial...

And please stop blaming the damn south man...Rap ain't just in the south--That sh*t resides in every coast..Ok...The south running rap right, and we supposedly fu*kin it up, so what that say about ur coast then?..Mufu*kas been hollering the south sucks for the longest and no other coast still has stepped up so k!ll dat..
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy