UFC 68: The Uprising - Saturday March 3rd

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #141
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
GSP is a totally different f!ghter from the first time they fought and if they f!ght again it will be just like there second f!ght.As we speak,Hughes has no advantage against GSP like he did the first time they fought.

Last edited by JCSIII; 03-05-2007 at 10:36 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #142
Santoro 12 heat pts12 OP
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 BearWalken79 said:
GSP is a totally different f!ghter from the first time they fought and if they f!ght again it will be just like there second f!ght.As we speak,Hughes has no advantage against GSP like he did the first time they fought.
I don't fully agree. GSP is a great f!ghter, but you're talking like he is 10 times better than Hughes and that is just not true. Anything can happen and I highly doubt the next match will be anything like the last one.
 03-05-2007, 01:25 PM         #143
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
matt hughes stand up game is...a...well...horrible. thats why gsp will forever give him problems. if gsp can stay on his feet he will beat hughes everytime and matt is one of my fav f!ghters

Last edited by ill800; 03-05-2007 at 01:26 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #144
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
 RediKnight said:
GROUPIE??!! I would challenge you to find when I've ever said Matt Hughes was one of my favorite f!ghters. I would've laughed my a.ss off if Lytle would've won. I'm much happier seeing GSP as the champ. I'm just calling it like I see it, and you are just acting like a hater who knows nothing of the sport.

You can't strike an elbow downward from your back. If you are on your back the elbow is moving horizontal, not downard vertically.

Quoted from BJM:
One of the most misunderstood and talked about rules in MMA centers around the use of elbows, specifically the point of the elbow. McCarthy explained, “Everyone thinks downward point of elbow strikes are not allowed, so you cannot hit with the point of the elbow. That’s not true. That’s not what it was for. That’s not what it meant. A f!ghter can strike with any part of his arm in the Unified Rules. It doesn’t matter if it’s the point of the elbow. It’s one type of elbow is not allowed. That is your hand going up to twelve o’clock and bringing it down to six o’clock, in that type of position. If I were f!ghting Frank Trigg and he went to take me down, and he does a double leg and pushes me up against the fence and I take my hand from the sky and bring it down onto the middle of his back, that is what is an illegal elbow. That’s it. Any elbow that’s got any kind of arch to it, any other kind of elbow, they’re all good.”

The kind of elbow that Hughes used was from a 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock which is perfectally legal.

OWNED
first of all matt hughes never threw elbows off his back, WTF are you talkin about? he was in side mount and he was elbowin chris, like i said, i know the elbows were legal, but right on the ufc site rule number 10 says "striking downward with the point of the elbow" it means downward towards the ground, but that is retarded, it's the same weapon with the same force, go watch gary goodridge KO Paul Herrera with like 10 unaswered elbows right to the temple as big john sat there and watched LMFAO (the good ol ufc days) anywhoo if you consider what matt did dominating, then what do you call what randy did to tim? you can honestly consider them both in the same category of "dominated" hahaha you're a joke kid, go read some more comic books, matt hughes didn't do sh*t, no damage, chris was the more active f!ghter, goin for subs and throwin on the feet, ALL MATT DID WAS TAKE CHRIS DOWN AND LAY ON HIM, if you consider that domination, something is wrong with you, yes matt won, but did he impress anyone? no, was he happy with the result? no, does he look like he stands a chance with any top ww? no. you lose

and for the record, matt has no chance of beating gsp, he was gettin beat in their first f!ght until GSP made a mistake, and like he said he wasn't mentally prepared for that f!ght, in the staredown he didn't even look at matt, in the second f!ght, he stared right through matt and DOMINATED him, that is domination, he detroyed him in round 1, and he got saved by the bell, in round 2.. watch out for that kick!! BOW.. good night, elbows to finish him off

matt is done

Last edited by dblockallday; 03-05-2007 at 02:57 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #145
unkn0wn 
space
space
$4,536 | Props total: 24 24
Hughes will not take the belt away from GSP...

overall this PPV was ok...

waiting for next PPV...
 03-05-2007, 03:49 PM         #146
RediKnight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dblockallday said:
first of all matt hughes never threw elbows off his back, WTF are you talkin about? he was in side mount and he was elbowin chris, like i said, i know the elbows were legal, but right on the ufc site rule number 10 says "striking downward with the point of the elbow" it means downward towards the ground, but that is retarded, it's the same weapon with the same force, go watch gary goodridge KO Paul Herrera with like 10 unaswered elbows right to the temple as big john sat there and watched LMFAO (the good ol ufc days) anywhoo if you consider what matt did dominating, then what do you call what randy did to tim? you can honestly consider them both in the same category of "dominated" hahaha you're a joke kid, go read some more comic books, matt hughes didn't do sh*t, no damage, chris was the more active f!ghter, goin for subs and throwin on the feet, ALL MATT DID WAS TAKE CHRIS DOWN AND LAY ON HIM, if you consider that domination, something is wrong with you, yes matt won, but did he impress anyone? no, was he happy with the result? no, does he look like he stands a chance with any top ww? no. you lose

and for the record, matt has no chance of beating gsp, he was gettin beat in their first f!ght until GSP made a mistake, and like he said he wasn't mentally prepared for that f!ght, in the staredown he didn't even look at matt, in the second f!ght, he stared right through matt and DOMINATED him, that is domination, he detroyed him in round 1, and he got saved by the bell, in round 2.. watch out for that kick!! BOW.. good night, elbows to finish him off

matt is done
Dude when did I use the word dominate? Here are the facts.

1. You said that Matt didn't do sh*t but Chris dominated the striking and had sub attempts. So that obviously insinuates that you were upset with the decision and think Lytle should've won.

2. You said that Matt used illegal elbows.

^^^ Based on those facts I presented these facts.

1. The elbows in that f!ght were perfectally legal.

2. Lytle only won about 60 seconds of a 15 minute f!ght. I never said that Hughes dominated him or looked great in that f!ght. Nor did I say he would beat GSP in a rematch. I just pointed out that Matt definitely deserved the decision and did not do anything illegal in the f!ght.

This is why everybody is attacking you because you obviously can't read or you're just trolling.
 11 years ago '05        #147
dblockallday 
space
space
 RediKnight said:
Dude when did I use the word dominate? Here are the facts.

1. You said that Matt didn't do sh*t but Chris dominated the striking and had sub attempts. So that obviously insinuates that you were upset with the decision and think Lytle should've won.

2. You said that Matt used illegal elbows.

^^^ Based on those facts I presented these facts.

1. The elbows in that f!ght were perfectally legal.

2. Lytle only won about 60 seconds of a 15 minute f!ght. I never said that Hughes dominated him or looked great in that f!ght. Nor did I say he would beat GSP in a rematch. I just pointed out that Matt definitely deserved the decision and did not do anything illegal in the f!ght.

This is why everybody is attacking you because you obviously can't read or you're just trolling.
na i never said chris won, me personally i think he deserved at least 1 round, but besides that i think chris earned a few stand ups and the ref (some blond haired dude i never seen before) never stood them up when there was many stalemates of matt just layin on chris, and it's my fault, some dude named "Grand Master" and "Cage " that said matt dominated, my bad for accusin you of bein a hughes groupie i got you guys mixed up :D

Last edited by dblockallday; 03-05-2007 at 08:16 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #148
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,528 | Props total: 3483 3483
 dblockallday said:
na i never said chris won, me personally i think he deserved at least 1 round, but besides that i think chris earned a few stand ups and the ref (some blond haired dude i never seen before) never stood them up when there was many stalemates of matt just layin on chris, and it's my fault, some dude named "Grand Master" and "Cage " that said matt dominated, my bad for accusin you of bein a hughes groupie i got you guys mixed up :D
fu*k is u talkin about?

hughes groupie? im far from a hughes groupie, far from a hughes fan period but he did dominate lytle just like i thought he would

u think he deserved @ least 1 round? what f!ght where u watchin?

no f!ghter lytle included deserves to be stood up, its mma the ground game is part of mma so u gotta find a way to get back on ur feet by ur self if u dont want to be there

if u cant keep from bein taken down or if u cant find a way off ur back tough luck, lay on ur back & lose.....
 11 years ago '05        #149
dblockallday 
space
space
o wow now everyone gettin upset, all i was sayin is HUGHES DIDNT DOMINATE sh*t!! and that's a fact... he was not impressive, he layed on top of chris for 3 rounds, if that's domination, then what is what GSP did to matt?? hmmm

and it's funny how you quote joe rogan's exact words about being stood up haha, so you think a f!ghter like jake obrien should be rewarded for taking down, and layin on his opponents? that's mma? or is that boring wrestling... hmmm, if there's 2 f!ghters on the ground, and there is a stalemate for over a minute with neither f!ghter having a dominate position (such as mount or side mount) it should be stood up, i would bet money dana bribed the ref and told him to not stand the f!ght up becuz dana is the biggest hughes groupie of them all, have a nice day

**still cant stop laughin about you quotin joe rogan word for word**

real mma rules should be like pride, the f!ghter gettin a yellow card (10% deduction of his pay) for stalling (such as what matt did to chris, or what jake obrien did to heath herring) and the f!ght should be stood up if the f!ghter on top isn't in a dominate position such as mount or side mount, and he's not doin anything, such as what matt did (all matt did was pass chris's guard and lay there, doin his best impression of a blanket, not even goin for subs)

Last edited by dblockallday; 03-05-2007 at 09:00 PM..
 03-05-2007, 09:05 PM         #150
big 50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol old a.ss randy worked tim. i met silvia in flint at the I.M.A. at a sing of combat dude is tall but he looked gumpy. i tell you already though rampage will beat lidell.
 11 years ago '04        #151
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
 dblockallday said:
o wow now everyone gettin upset, all i was sayin is HUGHES DIDNT DOMINATE sh*t!! and that's a fact... he was not impressive, he layed on top of chris for 3 rounds, if that's domination, then what is what GSP did to matt?? hmmm

and it's funny how you quote joe rogan's exact words about being stood up haha, so you think a f!ghter like jake obrien should be rewarded for taking down, and layin on his opponents? that's mma? or is that boring wrestling... hmmm, if there's 2 f!ghters on the ground, and there is a stalemate for over a minute with neither f!ghter having a dominate position (such as mount or side mount) it should be stood up, i would bet money dana bribed the ref and told him to not stand the f!ght up becuz dana is the biggest hughes groupie of them all, have a nice day

**still cant stop laughin about you quotin joe rogan word for word**

real mma rules should be like pride, the f!ghter gettin a yellow card (10% deduction of his pay) for stalling (such as what matt did to chris, or what jake obrien did to heath herring) and the f!ght should be stood up if the f!ghter on top isn't in a dominate position such as mount or side mount, and he's not doin anything, such as what matt did (all matt did was pass chris's guard and lay there, doin his best impression of a blanket, not even goin for subs)
always said f!ghters should never be stood up, dont need rogan to tell me anything, if u want to see just stand up go watch K-1

this whole idea of standin up f!ghters is dumb, refs never put standin f!ghters on the ground so they shouldnt stand f!ghters back up, fewer stand ups the better

if u call what hughes did stallin, u need to brush up on ur grapplin, his passed lytle's guard multiple times

pride's yellow cards are far more effective when standin up f!ghters but i still dont like the idea, if one f!ghters is locked into another f!ghter's guard for an extended period of time i dont like it but can understand them being stood up but that didnt happen in the hughes/lytle f!ght

lytle didnt deserve to be in the cage with hughes, in every f!ght against a top guy all he does is just enough to not get stopped

& what round did lytle deserve?
 11 years ago '05        #152
dblockallday 
space
space
hahahahahahhahahah @ just see stand up, goddamn you're ignorant, i never said i don't like ground f!ghting, are you just delusional or something? and i already said hughes passed lytle's guard, but then what did he do? did he go for an arm triangle? did he try to finish him? or did he lay on him for the whole f!ght, and not do sh*t? i think the latter... case closed, matt is a bum
 11 years ago '04        #153
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
 dblockallday said:
hahahahahahhahahah @ just see stand up, goddamn you're ignorant, i never said i don't like ground f!ghting, are you just delusional or something? and i already said hughes passed lytle's guard, but then what did he do? did he go for an arm triangle? did he try to finish him? or did he lay on him for the whole f!ght, and not do sh*t? i think the latter... case closed, matt is a bum
like i said before lytle does just enough to not get stopped

u dont have to go for subs to be active, hughes dropped gnp on him, lytle's face wasnt cut for nothin

cant believe im goin back & forth with this a**hole over hughes, i am far from a hughes fan but u callin him a bum sheds light on why ur postin dumb sh*t

& one more time, what round did lytle deserve?
 11 years ago '05        #154
dblockallday 
space
space
i'd have to watch the f!ght again, but after watchin it live, i remember seein lytle more active in every round, whenever they were on their feet chris was throwin bombs, and as SOON as it hit the ground he went for subs, i remember matt bein stuck in a front choke for over a minute in the first round i think it was, anyway, from my point of view the entire f!ght lytle was more active, and i think he earned several stand ups and since dana is a huge hughes d*ckrider he probably told the ref to not stand it up in fear of his hick poster boy gettin KO'd
 03-05-2007, 11:11 PM         #155
Tagalog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mayne the main even suck all cantour did is slam slyvia in the ground so he can't find but for the natural i can't hate but he doesn't have a k!ller instinct
 03-05-2007, 11:26 PM         #156
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dblockallday said:
son, you should just stop it. you soundin real stupid with all these bullsh*t posts. hughes was going for submissions pratically the entire match. arm bar, americana...he was even trying to do to lytle what he did to bj penn. you sound like a matt hughes hater. lol @ "hes a bum". if hes a bum then youre mentally retarded. and lol @ 'id give him (lytle) a round. which one would that be? the one where he reversed ground position on him once or the rounds where he just layed there and tried not to get submitted ?

Last edited by ill800; 03-05-2007 at 11:32 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #157
dblockallday 
space
space
he went for one arm bar, and didn't get it, and he tried to trap his arm... WOW... lotta good that did... o wait it didn't do any good LMFAO

and to anyone who thinks f!ghts shouldn't be stood up at all, just watch rashad evans f!ght sam hogar, every time rashad took hogar down, hogar just held him in his guard and held his arms, literally nothing happening the entire time it was on the ground... should those f!ghts not be stood up? exactly

the point i was tryin to make with my original posts was, there's people on here asking "could someone sum up what happened" and then kids sayin "yea matt dominated all 3 rounds" so in their mind, they're picturing matt whoopin lytle's a.ss to get a unainimous decision, but that didn't happen, that's all i was sayin, matt didn't dominate sh*t, he won? yes, impressively? no

Last edited by dblockallday; 03-05-2007 at 11:41 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #158
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
 dblockallday said:
i'd have to watch the f!ght again, but after watchin it live, i remember seein lytle more active in every round, whenever they were on their feet chris was throwin bombs, and as SOON as it hit the ground he went for subs, i remember matt bein stuck in a front choke for over a minute in the first round i think it was, anyway, from my point of view the entire f!ght lytle was more active, and i think he earned several stand ups and since dana is a huge hughes d*ckrider he probably told the ref to not stand it up in fear of his hick poster boy gettin KO'd
more bullsh*t, lytle was never close to winnin one round, i know it, u know it, everybody knows it, that was major bullsh*t

& he never had that guillotine locked up, he wasnt gonna submit a strong guy like hughes with that choke without havin him in a closed guard plus hughes had a arm in

how did lytle earn a stand up? that sh*t makes no sense @ all, u cant earn a stand up, if he wanted it back to his feet why didnt he sweep hughes & get to his feet, hughes didnt stay in his guard he passed & had him side mounted

like i said before u need to seriously brush up on grapplin, guard is a neutral position meanin niether f!ghter has an advantage, if lytle wanted the ref to stand them back up he better atleast keep a neutral position because noway should a ref stand them up after hughes has passed his guard....
 11 years ago '04        #159
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
 dblockallday said:
he went for one arm bar, and didn't get it, and he tried to trap his arm... WOW... lotta good that did... o wait it didn't do any good LMFAO

and to anyone who thinks f!ghts shouldn't be stood up at all, just watch rashad evans f!ght sam hogar, every time rashad took hogar down, hogar just held him in his guard and held his arms, literally nothing happening the entire time it was on the ground... should those f!ghts not be stood up? exactly

the point i was tryin to make with my original posts was, there's people on here asking "could someone sum up what happened" and then kids sayin "yea matt dominated all 3 rounds" so in their mind, they're picturing matt whoopin lytle's a.ss to get a unainimous decision, but that didn't happen, that's all i was sayin, matt didn't dominate sh*t, he won? yes, impressively? no
in my opinion a f!ght should never be stood up, hogar had a very close kimura in that f!ght & had he been more active on the ground he would have won & if he didnt want to be taken down by rashad he should learn how to sprawl....
 11 years ago '05        #160
dblockallday 
space
space
wow i've never read such bullsh*t... a f!ght should never be stood up... wow

so if you had a choice every top mma f!ghter would be a good wrestler with a decent ground game? becuz that's what mma would be if there was no stand ups, every wrestler would take their opponent down and lay on them to victory!!! hooray!! what glory!!! so you would give props to jake obrien for his dominant performance against heath herring? HOORAY HUMAN BLANKETS!!

LMFAO :thumbsdow

if i had to guess i'd say you're a wrestler that can't throw a punch for ya life

Last edited by dblockallday; 03-06-2007 at 12:46 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago