Lies in Ether what are they?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #161
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,175 | Props total: 11703 11703
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
"I got this, locked since '9-1
I am the truest, name a rapper that I ain't influenced"

There's a lie; Nas didn't have sh*t "locked" then, he had a lauded verse. And either it is accepted that he didn't influence dudes like Rakim & Tupac, or we say they were probably influenced in some way because of Nas's impact.....at which point we need to accept that Nas has been influenced by everyone who's anyone too, completely negating the point of this proving him to be the "truest".

"With Hawaiin Sophie fame, kept my name in his music"

Jay didn't blow off that bullsh*t; hardly "fame". And I don't recall Jay going "Nas, Nas, Nas" on every other record.

Anyway, that's just the first verse or whatnot; the funny thing is, those are the only two attempts at actually dissing in the first verse; that's the problem I have with Ether, Nas barely disses Jay & what he does try doesn't stand up.
Pac got the Idea 4 Me & My Girlfriend frum Nas' I Gave U Power
 06-14-2007, 12:02 PM         #162
Birdmane  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what the hell are you talking Dame wasn't in Jays video similar to Puffy in Biggie videos all Dame is Puffy Daddy without the music career your not making any since that was one song how in the hell is he playing Mase i can see if it was a career of it you just gave the spudiest reason for nas losing the battle.

Doing a song with R.Kelly before video of pissing on a girl>>Doing two albums with R.kelly after knowing he did a video of pissing on a girl.
 10 years ago '07        #163
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,027 | Props total: 30275 30275
 Birdmane said:
what the hell are you talking Dame wasn't in Jays video similar to Puffy in Biggie videos all Dame is Puffy Daddy without the music career your not making any since that was one song how in the hell is he playing Mase i can see if it was a career of it you just gave the spudiest reason for nas losing the battle.

Doing a song with R.Kelly before video of pissing on a girl>>Doing two albums with R.kelly after knowing he did a video of pissing on a girl.

Again, I ask... are you some type of clueless moron?

Who the hell said Nas lost because he did a song with R.Kelly? Are you mentally challenged?

Nas called DAme "Puffy"... and Jay "Biggie".... and apparently that was supposed to be some kind of diss.

Now, if you go and look at the vid i posted... you clearly see R.Kelly trying to look like "Puff", with Nas dancing around like "Ma$e". Just go look at the "Been Around the World" videos (original & remix, especially the remix).... Kellz & Nas were following the Puff & Ma$e formula to a f**king "T"!!!!

That's like me dissing R.Kelly for pissing on a kid.... then i go sh*t on her younger cousin. How you gonna diss someone for something and then go do the samething to a higher degree?

Last edited by stogz; 06-14-2007 at 12:15 PM..
 06-14-2007, 12:26 PM         #164
Birdmane  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
Artist: Nas
Album: Stillmatic
Song: Ether

"Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy?
Oh, I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy"

R. Kelly Ft. Nas
Did You Ever Think

^^Nas bin lost
You said that video meant that nas been lost

and i have to laugh at this nas said that you big and he puffy and so that means that in your opinion nas lost cause he did a video similar to puffy and mase come on dude you reaching the way he shoots a video with r.kelly and his career is totally different i guess in the if i ruled the world video he was acting like mase too.
 10 years ago '07        #165
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Birdmane said:
You said that video meant that nas been lost

and i have to laugh at this nas said that you big and he puffy and so that means that in your opinion nas lost cause he did a video similar to puffy and mase come on dude you reaching the way he shoots a video with r.kelly and his career is totally different i guess in the if i ruled the world video he was acting like mase too.

Nas likes to run around talking about how he influenced everyone, correct? Nas likes to say that everyone else likes to bite styles, correct?

Was Nas not influence by Puffy and Ma$e and what they were doing back then? Did R.Kelly and Nas not look like a cheap impersonation of Puffy and Ma$e?

If you deny ANY of that, your a d*ck-riding f*g**t. Cuz that isn't even up for debate.... it's plain and simple.
 06-14-2007, 12:41 PM         #166
GOODmusic_1015  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall n*ggas is dumb y would he say that as a diss he sayin they some biters actin like them esco and puff is cool y would he diss them and dame was in alot of jiggas videos doin that same dumbass dance

here is the proof
the muthafu*kin big pimpin video

Last edited by GOODmusic_1015; 06-14-2007 at 12:44 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #167
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 GOODmusic_1015 said:
yall n*ggas is dumb y would he say that as a diss he sayin they some biters actin like them esco and puff is cool y would he diss them and dame was in alot of jiggas videos doin that same dumbass dance

here is the proof
the muthafu*kin big pimpin video

I don't really understand what your saying... gramatically, i just don't know what your sayin'.

anyway... add the "Just Wanna Love You" video (i'm a hustler)
 06-14-2007, 03:18 PM         #168
Birdmane  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look i was busy earlier and arguing with you about this sh*t was fun but now i got to get real.

Didn't nas do a video before biggie even died with r kelly it was called street dreams remix kells sung ,nas rapped then 3 yrs later they do another video togetha after puffy and mase worked together.

And that equals nas wants to be mase and kells wants to be puffy because kells was dancing similar to puffy in your opinion .

That means nas and kells said look even though we did a song together before which was successful forget that we are going to copy puffy and mase even though r.kelly doesn't rap you be diddy and even though nas you dont rap or even dance any way similar to mase you be mase that is the most dumbest sh*t i ever heard.

So out of Nas 16 yr career of doing and inventing alot of sh*t you say mase was his influence lol mase come on you can think of something better to diss nas on which would make more sense i mean theres signing to def jam, jay fu*king carmen, but saying that because of one video he did in 1999 with r.kells.

Means he want to be mase thats like saying out of all the songs tupac did but because he was influenced by i gave you power meant he wanted to be nas i like nas but i don't think he influenced tupac to do but only one thing and that was write that song me and my girlfriend and thats it.

And remember the point that we was arguing about did nas have a good reason to say that jay wanted to be big and dame wanted to be puff and your response is because of one video he did out of his whole fu*king career he wants be mase.

Than if thats true Jay wanted to be Nas for doing two albums with kells come on dude nas wants to be Mase maybe Rakim , maybe Tupac ,but Mase lol you just made the dumbest comment of the year!
 06-14-2007, 04:19 PM         #169
numbster  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black_Deuce said:
The most common complaints leveled against Ether are that the beat sucks and Nas takes the homophobic insults a bit overboard. Well, yeah, the beat sucks (though because of how anthemic the song has become, it transcends Ron Brownz cheap production), and "Gay-Z and c*ckafella" aren't exactly the world's most astute disses. However, there are more than enough good shots to satisfy even the staunchest ammo aficionado. In addition, Ether is not all punchlines, rather it has proven to be more a biting psychological critique, especially seen in detailing several key points:

1) Jay-Z's obsession with Nas
"You been on my d*ck, n*gga, you love my style . . . With Hawaiian Sophie fame, kept my name in his music . . . . . . You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pus*y, a Stan . . . Wanted to be on every last one of my classics"

From sampling Nas on Dead Presidents, from sampling Nas on Rap Game-Crack Game, from referencing Nas on Sunshine, from referencing Nas on Where I'm From, from asking Nas to redo the hook on Dead Presidents, from asking Nas to appear in the video for Dead Presidents (where Jay apparently contacted E Money Bags to get at the Illmatic MC, "calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers"), the obsession had previously been a relatively guarded secret, but, with Ether, Nas put it on blast for the whole world to see. Many people have said that the verse from Takeover was directed at Nas almost from the point of view of a fan. In this context, that evaluation makes perfect sense.

2) Jay-Z's relationship with Biggie
"First, Biggie's ya man, then you got the nerve to say that you better than Big . . . How much of Biggie's rhymes is gon' come out your fat lips?"

From using Biggie's lyrics on a handful of songs, including a couple of his most notable, and even the very first track on Blueprint, Jay-Z has consistently crowded the border between homage and exploitation. A quote here or there is cool if they had a relationship like that, but, from all apparent sources, especially the current Reasonable Doubt XXL issue, while there may have been a mutual respect, the deep friendship that Jay continually portrays seems to have been more fiction than fact. What's more, on the song Hola Hovito, from Blueprint, Jay boldly stated, "if I ain't better than Big, I'm the closest one." Beyond having to rely on the late-great's lyrics at times, how are you going to say something like that when a) you're supposed to have been boys b) Big's not alive to cosign.

Moreover, there's a parallel between these first two attacks of Ether. Ready To Die came out in 1994, along with Illmatic. In that class of New York MCs, it was Biggie and Nas, alongside Raekwon and Ghostface too. Jay-Z then established himself in 1996, like an underclassmen, an upstart outsider, whose desire for greatness and simultaneous insecurity always made him want to hang with the older crowd and be accepted on their level. If we read into this theory, that explains Jay constantly wanting to partner with Nas and be seen as an equal with Biggie. It was the one way he felt he could belong; this then ties in to Ether's overall third point.

3) Jay-Z's Insecurity
"You a.ss went from Jaz to hanging with Kane, to Irv, to Big . . . You a d*ck-riding f*g**t, you love the attention"

In subsequent interviews from around the time of Stillmatic, Nas took shots at Jay and how he, Nas, didn't need to put out an album every year, have a song out every summer. Implying that Jay's flooding the market was born out of some great insecurity, Nas focused in on a suspect pattern in Jay-Z's behavior, as also mentioned above. However laudable or forgettable his output might have been, by jumping on whatever was hot at the moment and would keep his name in the air, we see almost a deep streak of personal inadequacy in Jay-Z's actions, the brand of poor self-esteem that overcompensates with overconfidence, a career based on chasing the cool. It's the type of shaky demeanor that may make it appear a necessity to be on the dial every second, forcing oneself onto the street's ear at every chance. So whereas Nas planned out a patient attack that saw months go by between Takeover and Ether, Jay-Z couldn't rest. He couldn't be satisfied with letting the battle end there. Instead, he rushed out not one but two responses. In the final score, it was this insecurity that eventually lost the battle.

Jay-Z's two responses were both failing attempts to try and rationalize with fans why he wouldn't lose, to try and convince himself that he hadn't lost already. Unfortunately, for him, Super Ugly, the "I slept with your baby's mother" freestyle, only further served as evidence of an obsessive relationship with Nas, and Euro Jay, a no-names-mentioned production released at the same time, played once and then dropped out of the conversation for good. In comparison with the songs that preceded it, it was just that forgettable. However, arguably the lowest point for Jay came after a Hot 97 radio poll, where listeners declared Ether the victor over Super Ugly. With the Brooklyn rapper coincidentally in studio on Angie Martinez's show, right after the results were announced, Martinez asked, "if you weren't you, would you think Ether was a hot joint?" Often taking long pauses or stuttering, Jay's answer was completely absent of his usual confidence, "Um . . . I would be a little--like, like me, as a guy, like, I would listen to the last verse and be like, 'wow . . . like . . . wow.' Y'know what I'm saying? Like, like, it just--it--it's uneasy. Y'know . . . like, I mean, me being--like, like . . .with the uh . . . it just--just--just . . . it's far, man, very vulgar."

Nas' public reaction to Super Ugly, on Fat Man Scoop's radio show, was a stark contrast, sounding all the more confident and unfazed: "When [Jay-Z] put on the Dre beat and started going into my baby moms, I said, 'oh, man, he's pissing her off, and he's really sounding emotional. . . . This is the biggest disrespect he feel like he can do.' He didn't feel like he could come at me with science in his rhymes, he felt like he had to come with disrespect. And I felt like it was disrespect. We all knew it, the whole crew knew it, we was bugging, we was laughing. I called my baby moms, she was laughing. She didn't hear it, but she heard about it. It was like, wow, this dude really overdid it. It was like, okay, this dude, where he's wrong is he's really talking about [my daughter] and this and that. How could you--let's be real, man, I did Ether to him. I got into his soul, and it's obvious that I broke his spirit. He was on the radio the next day with a broken spirit sounding like crazy. . . . I felt sorry for Jay. And I prayed for him, and I asked a few of my peoples to pray for him, because I felt that his spirit was really broken."

A battle is not won or lost on one song, on one side's attack, rather it is decided by the reaction, the counterattack, that the opposition puts up. If I throw a left hook at you, and you hardly move, it cannot be said that my left hook was the winning blow. If I then throw a right jab at your chin, and you fall backwards and to the mat, the right has made me victorious. See, a punch doesn't win or lose by itself, it's how my competitor receives the punch, how it makes him react, that ultimately sways the judges. You can say Ether had a wack beat and corny jokes, you can if you want, but something in those four minutes stung Jay real hard, sent the God MC to the mat. His reaction to the brutal slow-burn body shot that was Ether was a rushed freestyle named Super Ugly, a soon-forgotten studio scrap named Euro Jay, and an appearance on Hot 97, where all the normal Jay-Z charisma and energy had wilted away, until, finally, defeat sat in. At that moment, the ether mixture had reached its most explosive point.

damn... are u a writer or some sh*t? this sh*t is bananas b-a-n-a-n-a-s! (no h to the omo)
 06-14-2007, 04:30 PM         #170
divine5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rblivewire327 said:
- Compared to Beans you wack
- Eminem murdered u on ur own sh*t
- I rock hoes, yall rock fellas
- whiskers like a rat
- pop sh*t apologize later
- I got this locked since 9-1, I am the truest
- You seem to be only concerned with dissin women
- You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pus*y, and stan
-Philly's hot rock fellas, put you in a dry spot, fellas
In a pine box with nine shots from my glock, fellas
-And your man stabbed Un and made you take the blame
- Queens n*ggas run you n*ggas, ask Russell Simmons
- Wanted to be on every last one of my classics

- All lies
Most of those are true.
 06-14-2007, 04:35 PM         #171
numbster  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there was some lines on the internet somewhere that was cut from ether due to fat joe telling nas to take em out. if somebody could find them that would be dope. its when nas mentions jay getting checkd by terror squad and the bottle incident but joe said to remove it so it wont fuel the beef between them that already died down.

also, what do you nas stans and jigga warriors think is the better album between kingdom come and hip hop is dead? cuz my album of the year award for 06 would go to lupe cuz the two prior are good, but still a letdown.
 06-14-2007, 04:42 PM         #172
divine5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay's best dis song was Blueprint 2.

He k!lled Nas on that one.

Can't y'all, see that he's fake, the rap version of TD jakes
Prophesizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?

Cause the n*gga wear a coofie, it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him, it don't mean that he nice
It just means you don't understand all the bullsh*t that he write
Is it "Oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic"?
Is it "Black Girl Lost" or shorty owe you for ice?

You're an actor, you're not who you're depicted to be
The street dreamin, all y'all n*ggas living through me
I gave you life when n*ggas was forgetting you emcee
I'm a legend, you should take a picture with me
You should be happy to be in my presence, I should charge you a fee
I'm Big Dog, Glenn Rob, listen God you a flea
And the little homey Jungle is a garden to me
 10 years ago '07        #173
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Birdmane said:
Look i was busy earlier and arguing with you about this sh*t was fun but now i got to get real.

"Get Real"... are you some kind of a f**king stan?

What the hell does R.Kelly and Nas doing a song together have to do with anything?

THEY BITING!! NAS WAS INFLUENCED! He has already said in articles that "He was young back then". Like that absolves him.

Been Around the World Remix

I'm too lazy to got get the original vid and "Can't Nobody Hold Me Down"

It's the same concept... leather, one in front, one in back... choreography by Puff and Ma$e. Oh, let's add some cars and make the vid have a different colour. (But, it's the same colours as can't nobody hold me down and the original been around the world vid)

Are you stupid or blind?

If Nas did the same track with Donnell Jones. I'd be saying that Nas was dancing like Ma$e. If the same song was done with Sisqo, i'd say Nas was dancing like Ma$e. If Nas did the same song with JoJo, i'd say... Nas was dancing like Ma$e. Do you understand now moron.... it has NOTHING to do with who was playing the Puffy role.... and everything to do with NAS DANCING LIKE MA$E.

I'll rephrase.... NAS WAS "INFLUENCED" BY PUFFY AND MA$E. You get it? Is it that difficult for you to grasp?

Do I have to start a new thread with a pole asking "Who do you think Kellz and Nas were influenced by in this video?

For the record.... street dreams remix was 1996. B.I.G. did a track with Kellz in 1995. The song "Did You Ever Think" that I posted... Jay-z was also on that album....

Last edited by stogz; 06-14-2007 at 04:47 PM..
 06-14-2007, 05:05 PM         #174
Birdmane  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It is hard for me to grasp because your whole point is that Nas bin lost because in your opinion he was doing the mase dance.

Not rapping like him not doing anything similar to him but his dance don't you see the sh*t is dumb man its petty you think that Nas danced like Mase so he lost lol.

Its retarded your argument is dumb as fu*k who the fu*k is mase to even have a dance man come on dude and if he was so influenced by mase why ain't a whole buncha n*ggas been pointing that out because your reaching and making up sh*t.

I ain't never been around anybody that said aw man thats the mase dance lol ain't no n*gga want to be mase and so what the fu*k if he did do his dance that equals he lost come on dude.

Like i said you could've found a lot of sh*t to diss nas about but some dance mase did years ago you think Nas did lol thats the dumbest fu*king diss in the whole entire world.

And i don't give a fu*k what you say about me, Nas ,my moms or Nas moms i ain't responding to this petty dumb a.ss sh*t anymore .

I can see lyrics ,i can see an album, i can see anything but some little shimmy a.ss dance Nas was trying to do to say he was inspired by Mase.

But to say that because Mase was doing some little dance and nas was doing another dance means he wanted to be mase man you got a crazy fu*king reason for why nas bin lost.

Last edited by Birdmane; 06-14-2007 at 05:10 PM..
 06-14-2007, 05:20 PM         #175
D.C.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rblivewire327 said:
- Compared to Beans you wack
- Eminem murdered u on ur own sh*t
- I rock hoes, yall rock fellas
- whiskers like a rat- pop sh*t apologize later
- I got this locked since 9-1, I am the truest
- You seem to be only concerned with dissin women
- You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pus*y, and stan
-Philly's hot rock fellas, put you in a dry spot, fellas
In a pine box with nine shots from my glock, fellas
-And your man stabbed Un and made you take the blame
- Queens n*ggas run you n*ggas, ask Russell Simmons
- Wanted to be on every last one of my classics

- All lies
What isn't true about those? lmao
 10 years ago '07        #176
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Birdmane said:
It is hard for me to grasp because your whole point is that Nas bin lost because in your opinion he was doing the mase dance.

Not rapping like him not doing anything similar to him but his dance don't you see the sh*t is dumb man its petty you think that Nas danced like Mase so he lost lol.

Its retarded your argument is dumb as fu*k who the fu*k is mase to even have a dance man come on dude and if he was so influenced by mase why ain't a whole buncha n*ggas been pointing that out because your reaching and making up sh*t.

I ain't never been around anybody that said aw man thats the mase dance lol ain't no n*gga want to be mase and so what the fu*k if he did do his dance that equals he lost come on dude.

Like i said you could've found a lot of sh*t to diss nas about but some dance mase did years ago you think Nas did lol thats the dumbest fu*king diss in the whole entire world.

And i don't give a fu*k what you say about me, Nas ,my moms or Nas moms i ain't responding to this petty dumb a.ss sh*t anymore .

I can see lyrics ,i can see an album, i can see anything but some little shimmy a.ss dance Nas was trying to do to say he was inspired by Mase.

But to say that because Mase was doing some little dance and nas was doing another dance means he wanted to be mase man you got a crazy fu*king reason for why nas bin lost.

My point was Nas bin lost because he owned himself. He's a hypocrite. He's been a hypocrite. He's been losing. He watch godfellas and then he wanted play like he a mobster... then he call dat sh*t "his style". GTFOH.

Nas bin lost cause he bin losing. It doesn't matter if he danced like dude... or dressed like dude... or recruited dude to be in his video... and then called someone else that same dude like it was an insult.

That vid isn't the sole reason he lost nor did i say it was... it's one of the reasons he's a hypocrite though. It's one of the reasons why he's a loser though.
 06-14-2007, 05:48 PM         #177
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 numbster said:
damn... are u a writer or some sh*t? this sh*t is bananas b-a-n-a-n-a-s! (no h to the omo)
 10 years ago '05        #178
youngmeriwether 
space
space
$595 | Props total: 0 0
this whole fu*kin thread is out of control :wow:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
8 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy