The Official NFL Combine Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #121
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 twherry19 said:
yeah, but big backs like that have a short life span in the nfl.
im talkin bout marshawn lynch... he not big 5'11 215
 02-23-2007, 03:23 PM         #122
twherry19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 booker20 said:
im talkin bout marshawn lynch... he not big 5'11 215
oh my bad, he cool then.
 11 years ago '05        #123
booker20 
space
space
 twherry19 said:
oh my bad, he cool then.
yea i hope he end up with a good team... he got alot of potential... and peterson is a given even if the browns draft him:thumbsdow
 11 years ago '05        #124
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,927 | Props total: 646 646
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
some rumours from the combine

Willis McGahee is as good as gone from Buffalo, and you can pre-order your TJ Duckett Bills jersey, if what I heard today is valid. Baltimore and Houston are the finalists to get him, and the price is no more than a 2nd rounder.

the Texans are playing the role of budget-lot used car dealers. They are listening to anyone who calls about anyone except Ryans and Mario Williams. They could have as many as 8 new offensive starters, including every skill position except Andre Johnson. I've heard at least 5 different people say that Jake Plummer is a done deal for them.

Tons of talk about PacMan Jones. I eavesdropped on Dan Arkush from PFW talking on the phone, and he said Bud Adams is prepared to release him if there winds up being any physical proof at all that Pacman was involved. I talked with Jason Cole of Yahoo (good guy) and he told me the same thing, and that Jeff Fisher isn't going to f!ght to keep him. Mike Reinfeldt (the new GM) has already told Fisher to prepare as if Pacman is no longer on the team. The name "Lawrence Phillips" kept coming up, and I think it's valid. Apparently pacman fired his agent today too, which drew raucous laughter.

SilverandBlack.com and Scout.com has confirmed that Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas sat down for a formal meeting with the Oakland Raiders. The 6-foot-6, 311-pound behemoth is widely considered the top left tackle prospect on the NFL Draft board and will be a consideration for the Raiders – even with the first overall pick in the NFL Draft.

Ideally, Oakland would prefer to trade down two or three spots and pick up Thomas, netting the extra picks to help a team that has a number of areas that need improvement.
Baltimore gets him they are a LOCK for the super bowl
 02-23-2007, 03:43 PM         #125
twherry19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 booker20 said:
yea i hope he end up with a good team... he got alot of potential... and peterson is a given even if the browns draft him:thumbsdow
i wish my lions could do something to get some more firepower, i would trade down a few.
 02-23-2007, 04:20 PM         #126
Crank  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 booker20 said:
packers are probably gonna take him, if they dont the giants will take him
 11 years ago '04        #127
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
NFL | Combine results: Steven Smith
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:38:53 -0800

The NFL Network reports NFL Draft prospect WR Steven Smith (USC) measured in at 5-foot-11 3/4, 197 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Southern California WR Dwayne Jarrett measured 6-foot-4 inches tall and weighed 219 pounds at the NFL Combine.

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 02-23-2007 at 05:52 PM..
 02-23-2007, 06:22 PM         #128
unkoricky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Adam Carikker and Amobi Okoye were relative rock stars, but they attracted little attention in talks with teams. Nonetheless, everyone was talking about them at lunch and at dinner....Lots of trade talk with the Chargers, Jets, Broncos and Redskins. I believe this was staged to a degree....The New York Jets also spent a lot of time with Lamarr Woodley and Kenny Irons....The Cincinnati Bengals spent time with David Irons and Jamal Anderson...Redskins with Lawrence Timmons and Chris Houston....Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams was heavily engaged by the Dallas Cowboys....Atlanta talked to Reggie Nelson and LaRon Landry at length....Ryan Kalil of U.S.C. spent a lot time talking with Cleveland, as they fear LaCharles Bentley's career might be over
 11 years ago '04        #129
space
space
Ted Ginn, Jr.
Ohio St.

5' 11 1/4

178lbs

Sidney Rice
South Carolina

6' 03 1/2

Calvin Johnson
Georgia Tech

6'05

Dwayne Bowe
L.S.U.

6'02 1/4

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 02-24-2007 at 12:28 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #130
booker20 
space
space
Adrian Peterson: A Wanted Man Premium Story
Adrian Peterson
Adrian Peterson

By Tim Yotter

Posted Feb 23, 2007

Adrian Peterson knows he has been rumored to be going to several NFL teams at the top of the draft, and he’s hoping to improve his stock further with lofty goals and reassurances that his injury history shouldn’t hinder him at the next level.

Running back Adrian Peterson has been hearing the rumors.

He’s going to the Detroit Lions with the second pick. “Detroit needs a running back. I know I might be a Detroit Lion,” he said.

Or he could be going to the Cleveland Browns with the third pick. “Cleveland is a great town. They have some Sooners down there already, so I wouldn’t mind being a Cleveland Brown,” the University of Oklahoma product added.

Or, if he falls far enough in the first round or the Dallas Cowboys trade up to get him, he might even be a Cowboy in 2007. “Growing up, I was a Cowboys fan. I would love to play for the Cowboys, too,” he said.

Point is, Peterson is smart enough to know that he doesn’t want to rule out any NFL teams. All he knows is that he’s going to one of the top teams on April 28, despite a history of injuries that have dogged his career and could have potentially dropped his draft stock.

Peterson said his high ankle sprain from his sophomore season is completely healed, as is his shoulder injury from his freshman season, but he’s dealing with his more recent collarbone injury that he says will be strong as ever once it heals.

If NFL teams view the Combine as most valuable for medical reports, as NFL coaches and general managers contend, then these next five days could be more valuable for Peterson than any of the other 327 players invited to the 2007 NFL Scouting Combine.

Unlike many other of top prospects, Peterson is doing a full workout with plenty to prove and admits to setting the bar high, wanting to run a 4.2- to 4.3-second 40-yard dash.

Just as Peterson was peppered with questions about where he might end up in the NFL (he was meeting with the Browns Friday night amid rampant speculation that they are seriously interested in him), he was also questioned about the different-styled teams he could end up playing for.

The 6-foot-1 ½, 217-pound back wants to start right away and seemed to prefer an offense where he could be the featured running back, but he knows he can’t control the type of offensive line he plays behind in the NFL.

“If it was a rebuilding process, certain situations, you have to go through a stage,” Peterson said. “I’d go out there and treat it like any other situation. I’d practice hard every other day and give 100 percent. Just try to improve my performance and help my team get better.”

Peterson is easily the highest ranked running back in the 2007 NFL Draft, despite the injury concerns. It’s his production when he’s been on the field that has kept his value so high.

In three seasons at Oklahoma, he has amassed 4,306 yards and 41 touchdowns while averaging 5.8 yards per carry. His upright running style, which he admits he’s working to alter in hopes of improving his durability, has drawn comparisons between him and Eric d*ckerson.

“Being compared to Eric d*ckerson, that’s crazy,” said Peterson, who later said he does see the similarities in style. “He’s one of the greatest running backs. It’s an honor to be compared to him. A lot of guys say, ‘You run in that upright position and have a little breakaway speed.’ But it’s an honor.”

Peterson’s production has earned him some of those accolades and comparisons, and it might even help NFL scouts forgive some of his injury history.

In fact, the notion was floated to Peterson that he might be the top-ranked player overall if his health hadn’t failed him so many times.

“There are a lot of people who come in (to the Combine) ranked, but once they come out of their workout, things might change. We’ll just have to wait and see,” he said. “… Things happen for a reason. What happened in the past is in the past. I’m looking forward to the NFL and my dreams. I’m taking it one shot at a time.”
 11 years ago '04        #131
space
space
Allen Barbre, Missouri Southern: 4.86
Gabe Hall, Texas Tech: 4.89
Andy Alleman, Akron: 4.96
Ryan Kalil, USC: 4.96
Joe Thomas, Wisconsin: 4.96
James Marten, Boston College: 4.99
Tony Ugoh, Arkansas: 4.99

The wide receiver spot is called "deep", but many folks I have spoken to think there are a ton of busts waiting to happen -- i.e. Dwayne Jarrett and Ted Ginn Jr.?.....Louisville running back Michael Bush wont work out, but his weight is solid. New Falcons head coach Bobby Petrino is "talking him up" to many teams. Classy move by him....This draft might have a better crop of linebackers than was expected. The New York Giants will be very happy about that!

Wisconsin left tackle Joe Thomas disappointed some due to his "short arms"....My bet is that Arkansas cornerback Chris Houston will be a top 10 pick by Wednesday and L.S.U.'s Dwayne Bowe will be the second wide receiver taken.....The Detroit Lions have spent a lot of time with Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams here in Indy.
 11 years ago '04        #132
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,926 | Props total: 4287 4287
i heard my man Greg Olsen threw up 23 reps on the bench today.
 11 years ago '04        #133
space
space
olsen, greg 23 reps @ 225lbs
 02-24-2007, 11:49 AM         #134
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good post unko, I hope Leon Hall has a bad combine so the giants can scoop him... looks like the fun is almost over tho

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 02-24-2007 at 12:17 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #135
space
space
Greg Olsen 4.47 40 6'05 252lbs.......... 1st round lock

TE 40's

Michael Allen, Whitworth - 4.67
Kevin Boss, Western Oregon, 4.74
Scott Chandler, Iowa, 4.81
Zach Miller, Arizona State, 4.84
Greg Olsen, Miami, 4.47
Ben Patrick, Delaware, 4.78
Anthony Pudewell, Nevada, 5.07
Gijon Robinson, Missouri Western St, 4.83
Dante Rosario, Oregon, 4.76
Derek Schouman, Boise St, 4.77

Gaines Adams 6'04 258lbs

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 02-24-2007 at 12:17 PM..
 02-24-2007, 12:17 PM         #136
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wtf @ Calvin's weight.. No fu*king way he runs a 4.3 @ that sh*t..
 02-24-2007, 12:28 PM         #137
bigtrina  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
Adrian Peterson to Run, Dwayne Jarrett Won't?
• Word is that Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson may indeed run in Indy and may really impress while Southern Cal WR Dwayne Jarrett will wait for his Pro Day. Ted Ginn, Jr. has previously said he will not workout since he's still recovering from an ankle injury. It's always interesting to see which of the premier prospects opt not to take part but it seems like more and more these days guys are taking advantage of the opportunity, a la Mario Williams and Vernon Davis a year ago.
Adrian Peterson has to show something at the Combine. Simply because his stock has dropped due to his injuries. Though we all know that he is a beast. Dwayne Jarrett stock is pretty high. If Calvin Johnson does the workouts, Jarrett may want to change his mind.

If Joe Thomas can get out there with all of the OL, and prove that he is not fluke. Jarrett can do it as well.
 02-24-2007, 12:32 PM         #138
bigtrina  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
wtf @ Calvin's weight.. No fu*king way he runs a 4.3 @ that sh*t..
It's not like he's a fat dude of nothing. The man is 6'5", 239ibs. The only receiver that measure up to the size he was given in college. I don't care if he doesn't run a 4.3 40. He would still out run most players on the field. Ever if he can't. How many DBs want to face a 240 lbs WR.

Remember Marques Colston?
 11 years ago '05        #139
booker20 
space
space
 bigtrina said:
Adrian Peterson has to show something at the Combine. Simply because his stock has dropped due to his injuries. Though we all know that he is a beast. Dwayne Jarrett stock is pretty high. If Calvin Johnson does the workouts, Jarrett may want to change his mind.

If Joe Thomas can get out there with all of the OL, and prove that he is not fluke. Jarrett can do it as well.
Peterson dont have to show anything... he a top ten pick easy... him can have a average combine and be the 1st back taken... because of his size and on the field ability...
 11 years ago '04        #140
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,926 | Props total: 4287 4287
my man Greg Olsen with a 4.47 and 4.45 40 at 6'5" 255 lbs with 23 reps on the bench.

you know the Canes do it baby check the avy...the Streak Continues
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago