The Official NFL Combine Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
65 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #21
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 Cage said:
stoppin drinkin the kool-aid & go check the numbers

jarrett >>> every other wr in college football includin johnson

games against ND

johnson - 7 recs 111 yds 1 TD

jarrett - 7 recs 132 yds 3 TDs

& dont forget johnson's game against clemson this year

[pic - click to view]

fu*k other here, talkin bout "Honestly I never saw why people thought Jarrett was an elite WR."

jarrett couldnt get anymore elite, numbers dont lie....

its a diffence dude... Jarret will be ok but johnson will be better in the league... plus Jarret had Leinart and b00ty throwin to him and Calvin Johnson had Reggie Ball :thumbsdow never completed 50% of his passes for his career.
 11 years ago '04        #22
Cage 13 heat pts13
space
space
$5,530 | Props total: 3528 3528
@ the reggie ball excuse always bein brought up

nobody forced johnson to go to GT, he knew ball was the QB & decided to go there anyway, he could have went anywhere but picked GT, dont handicap jarrett because he picked a better school with competent QBs

randy moss has bad QBs & the whole offense sucks around him but i guess he is still the best WR in the game if u use that dumb a.ss logic

jarrett >>> johnson, the numbers dont lie....
 11 years ago '04        #23
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,164 | Props total: 9593 9593
 Cage said:
stoppin drinkin the kool-aid & go check the numbers

jarrett >>> every other wr in college football includin johnson

games against ND

johnson - 7 recs 111 yds 1 TD

jarrett - 7 recs 132 yds 3 TDs

& dont forget johnson's game against clemson this year

[pic - click to view]

fu*k other here, talkin bout "Honestly I never saw why people thought Jarrett was an elite WR."

jarrett couldnt get anymore elite, numbers dont lie....
He has big time numbers. So what? Greats stats don't equal success in the NFL. There are things that Jarrett won't be able to do in the NFL that other WRs can. Get off his jock n*gga

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 02-22-2007 at 06:36 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #24
booker20 
space
space
 Cage said:
@ the reggie ball excuse always bein brought up

nobody forced johnson to go to GT, he knew ball was the QB & decided to go there anyway, he could have went anywhere but picked GT, dont handicap jarrett because he picked a better school with competent QBs

randy moss has bad QBs & the whole offense sucks around him but i guess he is still the best WR in the game if u use that dumb a.ss logic

jarrett >>> johnson, the numbers dont lie....
well we'll see 1 year from now... as long as johnson dont end up in oakland he will have a better career...
 11 years ago '05        #25
booker20 
space
space
 ErnieB said:
He has big time number. So what? Greats stats don't equal success in the NFL. There are things that Jarrett won't be able to do in the NFL that other WRs can. Get off his jock n*gga
exactly peter warrick destroyed everybody at FSU and then flopped... that was my n*gga
 11 years ago '04        #26
space
space
 booker20 said:
exactly peter warrick destroyed everybody at FSU and then flopped... that was my n*gga
Perfect example my dude
 11 years ago '04        #27
Cage 13 heat pts13
space
space
 ErnieB said:
He has big time numbers. So what? Greats stats don't equal success in the NFL. There are things that Jarrett won't be able to do in the NFL that other WRs can. Get off his jock n*gga
fu*k u mean "So what?"

great stats means he is producin on the football field, u sound dumb as fu*k right now

like i said before the numbers dont lie, u can believe the hype of 40 times all u want to but jarrett is the best WR in college football right now....
 11 years ago '04        #28
space
space
 Cage said:
fu*k u mean "So what?"

great stats means he is producin on the football field, u sound dumb as fu*k right now

like i said before the numbers dont lie, u can believe the hype of 40 times all u want to but jarrett is the best WR in college football right now....
I sound dumb as fu*k? You must be irate
Numbers doesn't equal production in the NFL. You must have a very small brain to not understand that just because you tear it up in college doesn't mean you will do the same thing in the NFL. Why do you think that Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Peter Warrick, Rod Gardner (I can keep going) aren't getting PT or aren't in the NFL anymore? They had great numbers in college but their game didn't translate to the NFL.
You must have been giving Dwayne Jarrett dome at halftime to be on his jock so hard. Hes nothing but a possesion WR in the NFL. He doesn't have a great burst off the line of scrimmage and he doesn't have speed to seperate from corners. The only thing he will be able to do is jump up to get the high ball and there are plenty of WRs who can do that.
The only thing you can say is that numbers don't lie. You aren't making any valid arguments.

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 02-22-2007 at 06:55 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #29
booker20 
space
space
 Cage said:
fu*k u mean "So what?"

i guess u didnt read what i jus wrote... Peter Warrick, Charles Rogers, Jabbar Gaffney, and Travis Taylor all put up huge college numbers.
 02-22-2007, 07:12 PM         #30
Crank  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkoricky said:
who really cares about WR 40 times..

Micheal Irvin & Jerry Rice both ran in the 4.6- 4.7's... They didnt have a hardtime gettin away from DBs.

Look at Anquan Boldin, he fell to mid 2nd round cause of his "slow" 40 time..
He hasnt done sh*t in the NFL :rolleyes:
ok you named 3 players... you want me to show you 500 recievers that put up great college numbers but were too slow for the nfl
 11 years ago '04        #31
Cage 13 heat pts13
space
space
 ErnieB said:
I sound dumb as fu*k? You must be irate
Numbers doesn't equal production in the NFL. You must have a very small brain to not understand that just because you tear it up in college doesn't mean you will do the same thing in the NFL. Why do you think that Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Peter Warrick, Rod Gardner (I can keep going) aren't getting PT or aren't in the NFL anymore? They had great numbers in college but their game didn't translate to the NFL.
You must have been giving Dwayne Jarrett dome at halftime to be on his jock so hard. Hes nothing but a possesion WR in the NFL. He doesn't have a great bust off the line of scrimmage and he doesn't have speed to seperate from corners. The only thing he will be able to do is jump up to get the high ball and there are plenty of WRs who can do that.
The only thing you can say is that numbers don't lie. You aren't making any valid arguments.
@ this n*gga takin what these so called expert say as gospel, u ate that bullsh*t a.ss rhetoric up

he is nothin but a possession WR yet he got plenty of "separation" against ND & Michigan, got off the ball just fine against ND & Michigan, funny i dont remember him just going up for jump balls in the rose bowl against the Michigan D, how many NFL prospects does Michigan's D have again?, I remember him runnin by leon hall & a safety for a 62 yard touchdown, doesnt seem like somethin a possession WR can do

All-American cornerback Leon Hall quotes after the game "He was as advertised" & "He's a playmaker. We saw it on film, and we saw it today."

funny how he didnt say anything about his "separation" or his ability "to get off the ball"

u must not have watched jarrett play a down of football if all u think he does is go up for jump balls

& all that bullsh*t u posted is comin from guys that base everythin on 40 times, is chad johnson just a possession reciever too? because he ran a slow 40 in the eyes of the experts....
 11 years ago '04        #32
Cage 13 heat pts13
space
space
 booker20 said:
i guess u didnt read what i jus wrote... Peter Warrick, Charles Rogers, Jabbar Gaffney, and Travis Taylor all put up huge college numbers.
and?

none of those guys are named dwayne jarrett, nobody has a crystal ball & knows who will be the best WR in this class, i just know that jarrett is the best college WR right now....
 02-22-2007, 07:22 PM         #33
unkoricky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crank said:
ok you named 3 players... you want me to show you 500 recievers that put up great college numbers but were too slow for the nfl
:rolleyes:

Do it...

I'm just givin examples that the two best WR period in the NFL were never fast guys..
Anquan Boldin proved the exception to the NFL scout's rule: The Indianapolis scouting combine should only be considered one piece of the predraft evaluation puzzle.
But the Pro Bowl receiver's below-average 40-yard dash time at the 2003 combine Boldin ran a 4.72; 4.6 seconds is considered a minimum speed for receiver prospects proved such a disturbing result that some teams downgraded him on their draft boards. At least one club removed him from consideration as a receiver.

But the Cardinals did their homework and saw past Boldin's 40, remembering that Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens and Derrick Mason ran slow 40s only to mock the teams that downgraded them with their perennial all-pro play. Arizona drafted Boldin as a second-round steal on the premise that football is based on game speed, not timed speed.

Any talent evaluators who forget that tenet at Indianapolis this week might again have reason to kick themselves.

"The whole combine process is overrated," Boldin says. "By scouting standards, I guess my combine 40 wasn't what they were looking for. Bottom line, you just have to watch film on a player, see how he plays the game, the way that he gets after it every day. That's the one thing the combine can't test."
 02-22-2007, 07:24 PM         #34
Crank  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkoricky said:
:rolleyes:

Do it...
if you really want me to i will... you just gotta give me till like saturday cause i gotta work tomorrow
 02-22-2007, 07:27 PM         #35
unkoricky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crank said:
if you really want me to i will... you just gotta give me till like saturday cause i gotta work tomorrow
k....
 11 years ago '05        #36
booker20 
space
space
 Cage said:
and?

none of those guys are named dwayne jarrett, nobody has a crystal ball & knows who will be the best WR in this class, i just know that jarrett is the best college WR right now....
yea im jus sayin u keep talkin bout numbers, so i threw some names at u... numbers aint everything... its gon depend on the team, system, and the players around him... in my opinion calvin johnson is better and yes i watched both and i see who has the better team.. i wish i could play with Steve Smith, pat turner, b00ty, washington, and gable..
 11 years ago '04        #37
Cage 13 heat pts13
space
space
boldin ran a 4.7 which is crazy slow for a WR

& chad johnson ran a 4.57, which means he shouldnt be able to get open @ all let along be a perennial pro bowler

every year n*ggas get they panties in a bunch over 40 times, matt jones ran an outrageous time yet i dont see great separation from DBs when i watch him play....
 11 years ago '04        #38
Cage 13 heat pts13
space
space
 booker20 said:
yea im jus sayin u keep talkin bout numbers, so i threw some names at u... numbers aint everything... its gon depend on the team, system, and the players around him... in my opinion calvin johnson is better and yes i watched both and i see who has the better team.. i wish i could play with Steve Smith, pat turner, b00ty, washington, and gable..
u missed the point i didnt say great college numbers mean he will be a great pro

i said great college numbers mean he is the best college WR....
 11 years ago '04        #39
space
space
 Cage said:
@ this n*gga takin what these so called expert say as gospel, u ate that bullsh*t a.ss rhetoric up

he is nothin but a possession WR yet he got plenty of "separation" against ND & Michigan, got off the ball just fine against ND & Michigan, funny i dont remember him just going up for jump balls in the rose bowl against the Michigan D, how many NFL prospects does Michigan's D have again?, I remember him runnin by leon hall & a safety for a 62 yard touchdown, doesnt seem like somethin a possession WR can do

All-American cornerback Leon Hall quotes after the game "He was as advertised" & "He's a playmaker. We saw it on film, and we saw it today."

funny how he didnt say anything about his "separation" or his ability "to get off the ball"

u must not have watched jarrett play a down of football if all u think he does is go up for jump balls

& all that bullsh*t u posted is comin from guys that base everythin on 40 times, is chad johnson just a possession reciever too? because he ran a slow 40 in the eyes of the experts....
When did I mention 40 times?
And how in the world can you compare NFL DBs to college DBs.
You can make whatever argument you want but if you really think that Dwayne Jarrett is the best WR in football then you're an idiot. The way you are defending him im starting to think you are Dwayne Jarrett. He won't be a gamebreaker in the NFL and until you can make valid points besides "numbers dont lie" I can't even take you seriously.

Last edited by Tastemaker331; 02-22-2007 at 07:35 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #40
booker20 
space
space
 Cage said:
u missed the point i didnt say great college numbers mean he will be a great pro

i said great college numbers mean he is the best college WR....
still not sure bout that one... cause jus cause u dont care bout 40 times... CJ got the skills to go wit that time but he prolly wont run what everybody expecting... u entitled to ur opinion, i dont agree with it..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Chris Paul 31 pts 11 assists 7 rebs Highlights
34 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy