The Official NFL Combine Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
123 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #341
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
Movers and shakers at the NFL combine
By Gregg Rosenthal
Rotoworld.comPosted: Feb.27, 2007, 11:34 am EST
The NFL Scouting Combine is more pressure-packed than the biggest bowl game. Imagine taking a job interview with millions of dollars at stake on national television. Now imagine doing it in your underwear.

The Combine is especially nerve-wracking because it's not about football. The NFL asks the prospects to perform unfamiliar drills and answer interview questions speed-dating style. The results could mean a round or two on draft day.

Here's my list of the winners and losers out of the offensive players at the Combine.

Risers

Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech WR - Johnson is a winner just for showing up. Receivers at 239 pounds with gigantic production and a spotless record do exist. The scouting dream is the best player in the country, and it should not be a.ssumed that he'll last until Tampa with the fourth overall pick.

Marc Serota/Getty ImagesCalvin Johnson was one of the mega-stars of the this year's combine.

Greg Olsen, Miami TE - There was some debate about who the top tight end in the draft was: Olsen or Arizona State's Zach Miller. Debate over. Olsen not only ran a 4.51 (Miller, 4.78); he looked fluid and explosive in every drill. He reportedly can't block a lick and may line up wide half the time, but that's good news for fantasy leaguers.

Chris Henry, Arizona RB - As if the world needs another Chris Henry. His lack of playing time in college is a big concern, but the NFL should find it easy to get excited about a 230-pound fullback/tailback who can run in the 4.3s.

Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma RB - This was a Combine when elite players cemented their stock. Peterson, Johnson, Wisconsin T Joe Thomas and Clemson DE Gaines Adams fall into that category. Peterson's speed and explosiveness were on display throughout the day, including his 4.38 40 time and second-place showing in the vertical leap.

Steve Smith, USC WR - Smith played in the shadow of Dwayne Jarrett, but showed that he is faster than originally believed. His route running and 4.44 speed could push him into the second round.

John Beck, BYU QB - By all accounts, he shined in the passing drills. The murky third quarterback slot in this draft hasn't cleared up whatsoever. Beck may have thrown his name into the mix.

Antonio Pittman, Ohio State RB - His 4.4 40 was better than expected. His other drill times were solid. At first, I wasn't sold on this class of running backs. But there is a decent group of second-tier picks such as Pittman and Darius Walker to watch. It won't be as deep as last year's class, but it's not a terrible year to have a mid-first round pick in dynasty leagues.

Robert Meachem, Tennessee WR - Still has a chance to be taken in the first round after his 4.39 and a solid afternoon in the drills.

Anthony Gonzalez, Ohio State WR - A heady, route-running player that seemed destined for the slot in the NFL, Gonzalez showed a lot of short-area quickness. His 4.44 was expected, but his times in the short shuttle and three-cone drill were among the best at the Combine.

Jason Hill, Washington State WR - He impressed us at the Senior Bowl and opened some eyes with a 4.32. He was expected to be in the 4.5s. Extremely productive early in his career, Hill had a poor senior season because of injuries. His skills, including route running and intelligence, transfer well to the NFL. He could be in the second round.

Sliding

Zach Miller, Arizona State - Miller is known as a sure-handed receiver, but he was dropping balls all over the place at the Combine. His 4.78 time compared to Greg Olsen didn't help him either. Miller is still the second best tight end in the draft and his game tape should get him selected in the second round.

Dwayne Jarrett, USC - He didn't run amidst reports that he was stuck in the 4.7 range in workouts before the Combine. Meanwhile, the rest of the tier of receivers behind Johnson enjoyed big days, including Tennessee's Robert Meachem, Ohio State's Gonzalez, South Carolina's Sidney Rice, and Jarrett's unheralded teammate Smith.

Gary Russell, Minnesota - Russell flunked out of Minnesota and was out of football last year and ran in the 4.8s. He said he would be around 4.5 and he could have fallen out of the draft.

Chansi Stuckey, Clemson - A smallish vertical threat with 4.61 speed isn't going to cut it. He started heading south at the Senior Bowl and this won't help.

Rich Eisen, NFL Network - His 6.43, albeit in a full suit and Xenia lace-ups, was embarrassing. He strained a hamstring, adding injury to insult. He had a year to improve on his 6.2, yet apparently showed up out of shape. You have to question his motivation.
 11 years ago '04        #342
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
My man David Harris ran a 4.53 and Leon Hall ran a 4.39...........they both made themselves alot of money.
 02-27-2007, 05:45 PM         #343
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ErnieB said:
I just read that hes 5'9"
His stock just plummeted

Buster Davis is pretty short, too
 11 years ago '05        #344
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 Black_Deuce said:

Buster Davis is pretty short, too
but buster didnt run a 5.03 and 5.06
 02-27-2007, 06:01 PM         #345
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 booker20 said:
but buster didnt run a 5.03 and 5.06
haha, Im just making a note of it... guys can make up for it in pure instinct
 02-27-2007, 06:06 PM         #346
unkoricky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont care about 40 times.. i mean sh*ts interesting and is good for your football resume..

But if you have instincts and a nose for the ball, thats all i care about.
 11 years ago '05        #347
booker20 
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:

haha, Im just making a note of it... guys can make up for it in pure instinct
yea i jus dont see Jon Abbate doin much as far as a NFL career... too small and way to slow... he played for Wake Forest he had to make million tackles cause nobody else would do it.
 02-27-2007, 06:09 PM         #348
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol, maybe he can make special teams if hes a good tackler
 11 years ago '05        #349
booker20 
space
space
 unkoricky said:
i dont care about 40 times.. i mean sh*ts interesting and is good for your football resume..

But if you have instincts and a nose for the ball, thats all i care about.
i understand that but it does play a part on the field especially when it comes to defense...
 02-27-2007, 06:10 PM         #350
mvick0772  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
laron looking good for the falcon
 11 years ago '05        #351
booker20 
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
lol, maybe he can make special teams if hes a good tackler
tru the pats will pick him up... they love them misfits they get them to play to their potential
 11 years ago '05        #352
booker20 
space
space
 mvick0772 said:
laron looking good for the falcon
yea they need an enforcer in the secondary they got the speed... D. Hall, Jimmy Williams, and Landry and i guess chris crocker will learn
 02-27-2007, 06:13 PM         #353
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so are we gonna have an NFL draft thread or does this continue through the resigning period?
 11 years ago '05        #354
booker20 
space
space
i think we should throw up an nfl draft thread around that time but i already seen a free agency thread somewhere... most the people in here knew what they was talkin bout
 11 years ago '07        #355
bcrazie23 
space
space
space
$10 | Props total: 0 0
Good Lookin out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 11 years ago '05        #356
booker20 
space
space
damn the draft is so far away i guess march madness will have to hold me over...
 11 years ago '04        #357
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
 JBeezy said:
My man David Harris ran a 4.53 and Leon Hall ran a 4.39...........they both made themselves alot of money.
yes they did
 02-27-2007, 11:38 PM         #358
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 booker20 said:
i think we should throw up an nfl draft thread around that time but i already seen a free agency thread somewhere... most the people in here knew what they was talkin bout
yea... most music forums people dont know wtf they talkin about but we got some sports heads in the BX...

11 years ago '04        #359
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,155 | Props total: 9563 9563
 Black_Deuce said:

yea... most music forums people dont know wtf they talkin about but we got some sports heads in the BX...

02-28-2007, 01:56 PM         #360
Black_Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
Leon Hall ran a 4.39
:( hes not going to fall to the giants then
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
101 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
106 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy