Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
92 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
77 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #101
debosmokey 
space
space
space
$53 | Props total: 0 0
we gonna win the super bowl
 11 years ago '04        #102
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
 debosmokey said:
we gonna win the super bowl

funny...
 11 years ago '06        #103
debosmokey 
space
space
space
$53 | Props total: 0 0
the defense has at least a couple years left in them and garcia can get the ball to to galloway and hopefully clayton picks it back up but i can really see us winning the super bowl
 06-21-2007, 10:45 PM         #104
MaddenManiac05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Buccaneers | Team inquired about Darius
Buccaneers | Team inquired about Darius
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:44:58 -0700

Jim Flynn, of PewterReport.com, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen said the team has looked into the availability of unrestricted free-agent SS Donovin Darius (Jaguars). However, Allen said nothing is imminent.
 10 years ago '05        #105
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
Hamilton becomes next Buc pick to sign

Bucs wrapped up minicamp by cancelling last practice as a reward
Monday, June 25, 2007
The process of signing the team's 10 draft picks got started Friday for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, as they inked defensive back Tanard Jackson.

Then on Sunday the seventh-round selection, cornerback Marcus Hamilton, inked his deal.

A fourth-round draft pick out of Syracuse, Jackson has impressed and have some thinking the Bucs may have gotten a steal by grabbing him in the Draft's second day.

Hamilton finished with 15 career interceptions at UVA, tied for third most with current Buccaneer Ronde Barber.

After a busy first day of minicamp the Buccaneers had a bit more fun Wednesday, holding just one workout and getting to do it at Raymond James Stadium.

It turned out to be the last workout of the minicamp, as surprisingly the team announced that Thursday's practice was cancelled. The team did come to work expecting a two-hour practice before being told.

General Manager Bruce Allen told the media head coach Jon Gruden made the call as a reward for such good team participation in the offseason workouts.

Charles Bennett was the only player who emerged from minicamp as a significant injury question for training camp in late July. The second-year defensive end hurt his knee recently.

The Bucs held a two-hour practice Wednesday. Not present was cornerback Brian Kelly, held out with a leg bruise. Able to participate in a limited fashion was offensive lineman Dan Buenning, who has been struggling to recover from a knee injury.

In the afternoon the team had some more fun, going bowling.

With plenty of eyes on the quarterback situation but many more position battles to be scrutinized, the team started off a key three-day minicamp Tuesday.

The only players on the scene not participating in workouts are Simeon Rice and Arron Sears. Rice is still rehabbing from shoulder surgery while Sears, a rookie tackle from Tennessee the team drafted in the second round, has some undisclosed "minor issues he's taking care of" according to head coach Jon Gruden.

Rice was hampered by a sore shoulder for most of the last half of last season. "He's finishing up the final touches of his offseason rehab. If we needed him to go he could have gone," Gruden said Tuesday.

Though Rice did not practice with the team, he spent plenty of time doing conditioning on another field Tuesday afternoon.

Gruden has said many positions have great depth, making the development of the competitors worth watching. All three aspects of the defense have seen significant additions, such as defensive tackle Kevin Carter, linebacker Cato June and the return to health of safety Brian Kelly.

Jeff Garcia, who Gruden recently said was "far and away" leading the quarterback competitions, is apparently a pretty confident guy. Check out his response (in the St. Pete Times) when asked Monday how he would feel should Jake Plummer, who is technically on the Tampa Bay roster, but who said he has retired from playing: "That's fine. If he wants to come, he can come and sit on the bench with the others."

WDAE's Justin Pawlowski reported that Bruce Gradkowski was getting well more reps than Simms was. In fact when first asked about the quarterbacks Tuesday, Gruden mentioned that Garcia and Gradkowski were doing well and did not refer to Simms.

Later Gruden did say "Chris' reps will increase when he earns it, when he gets back physically and when he starts moving our football team."

Tampa Bay announced the signing of punter Sean Douglas and DE Jeremy Pittman, releasing former Jesuit/Michigan kicker Garrett Rivas and linebacker Jerry Mackey. Douglas was the punter for the University of Washington each of the past three seasons. Pittman, a tryout player from rookie minicamp in early May, comes from Central Arkansas.

The three days of practices, with two Tuesday and one each the following two, will be the last action the Bucs have before training camp (July 27, see related story).

Check back with 620wdae.com for further updates.

At separate gatherings in Clearwater and Tampa June 8 Gruden all but declared Garcia as his man. The news was notable because all indications were the race between Garcia and Chris Simms was relatively even and would be played out in training camp.

But Gruden called Garcia "the leader in the clubhouse."

Chris Simms' first public reaction came the following Saturday, exclusively on WDAE joining Darek Sharp on Sharp Edge from Buccaneer Fanfest at Raymond James Stadium.

Reminding everyone that it is just June, Simms essentially said that the position will be decided during training camp. Simms also said he was "100 per cent" healed from the situation that ended his 2006 season early, a ruptured spleen that had to be removed.

"I can take a hit. I'm ready. It's just a matter of getting back into the rhythm of the game," Simms said.

As for Garcia, he was pretty firm in his approach to the news.

"When I get those opportunities, I choke them to death," Garcia told the Tampa Tribune about the chance to be the starter (he is choking the opportunity, not Simms). "If I'm not performing, I don't expect to be on the field... but I don't see that happening."

General Manager Bruce Allen was also a guest on WDAE from Fanfest, which drew in excess of 20,000 to the stadium. He praised Garcia's work so far but also reminded everyone that quarterback is one of many positions where there is competition.

Allen did say that the quarterback play was poor last year, and that it and bolstering the pass rush were the two main focuses of the offeseason. He said there could be as many as 11 new starters based on all the additions.

Fans looking for Jon Gruden to comment further Saturday were out of luck. During the "Coaches Corner" segment defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin had a long, enthusiastic address about the team Gruden's comments took all of 15 seconds.

"Monte just about summed it up. All I can say, is that I'm mad about hell about where we are right now. And we're gonna do something about it in '07," was his entire address.

But to the Tampa Tribune, Gruden did not back down, saying Garcia is "far and away" the best quarterback on the Bucs roster at this point. He also agreed with Simms' a.ssessment of his not being in rhythm yet.
 10 years ago '05        #106
booker20  OP
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
been on the college recruiting trail havent had alot of time to update the bucs cause my noles are on fire so props santoro.....
 10 years ago '04        #107
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,352 | Props total: 11552 11552

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #108
iLLuZiOnZ1313|M 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,168 | Props total: 1 1
Buccaneers | Culpepper works out for team
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:21:17 -0700

Updating a previous report, Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had unrestricted free-agent QB Daunte Culpepper (Dolphins) run some drills during a workout Thursday, July 19.

Buccaneers | Team did not work out Culpepper
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:38:45 -0700

Contrary to earlier reports, Jim Flynn, of PewterReport.com, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers did not work out unrestricted free-agent QB Daunte Culpepper (Dolphins) Thursday, July 19, according to sources close to the situation.

Last edited by iLLuZiOnZ1313; 07-19-2007 at 07:12 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #109
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,241 | Props total: 627 627
please tell me they didnt work that bum out...are they trying to improve their O line with bunch of QBs to block for Garcia?
 10 years ago '06        #110
kpdawg2006 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,821 | Props total: 186 186
PB will hopefully make an impact..i juss cant wait for the season to start!
 10 years ago '04        #111
Obese82 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 0 0
Training Camp Starts Friday BABY!!!
 10 years ago '06        #112
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,241 | Props total: 627 627
yearp right here in Orlando...I wonder if they ahve any open fan days of so I really wann go..
 10 years ago '05        #113
booker20  OP
space
space
Ruud ready to take over in the middle
Bucs LB Barrett Ruud (AP)
Bucs LB Barrett Ruud (AP)

By Matthew Postins

Posted Aug 4, 2007

It took Barrett Ruud two years to become the Buccaneers starting middle linebacker. But he felt his apprenticeship under former starter Shelton Quarles left him better prepared for the job.

Shelton Quarles showed up at Buccaneers training camp on Sunday in a golf shirt and shorts. Head coach Jon Gruden extended him the invitation.

Quarles made sure he said hello to his replacement.

After spending two seasons learning from and studying Quarles’ every move, Barrett Ruud moved into the starting middle linebacker spot when the Buccaneers released Quarles in April.

Last year the first thing that came to Ruud’s mind when he enter the game to spell Quarles was, “Don’t screw anything up.”

Now, he’s more relaxed. The job is his.

“You’re going to make mistakes,” Ruud said. “But you’re not going to look over your shoulder when you’re going back out (on the field). It’s go out and make plays and don’t worry about the consequences.

“(Last year) Shelton would come out a lot and I’d come in for two or three plays and I’d be looking over at the sideline (waiting for him to come back).”

Quarles isn’t coming back — unless he needs to ask Ruud to be his golf partner. He accepted a job in the Bucs front office earlier this week, all but announcing his retirement from football.

Ruud started five games last season, including the opener against Baltimore, as Quarles battled lower body issues all season. He showed glimpses of the player the Bucs believed he would be when they selected him in the second round of the 2005 Draft. He finished the season with 59 tackles, plus 12 special teams tackles. He was solid, but he made no big plays of note.

The Lincoln, Neb., native has spent a good portion of his offseason breaking down his own film, seeking to correct the little things that will allow him to be as productive as Quarles, whose example on and off the field was one everyone followed, Ruud said.

“To me the best linebackers, they fly in and they get the ball out when they need it, or when they get the chance to make a break and get a pick they do it,” Ruud said. “There’s a couple of times that it irks at me that I slipped on a break and maybe had a chance to tip a ball and catch, or a couple of times when I saw the ball just sitting there and I went for the tackle, instead of the strip.”

He’s already proving that he learned something. During practice on Tuesday, Ruud stripped the ball away from running back Cadillac Williams.

Quarles failed a team physical in April, leading to his release. Ruud’s presence took some of the sting out of the decision.

“He stepped up last year when Quarles was out,” head coach Jon Gruden said. “He’s a good middle linebacker with a chance to become outstanding. We’ve got to play great around him, too. The other linebackers have got to play great. Upfront, we’ve got to play great. Our safety people and our corners we’ve all got to step up.

“But Barrett Ruud is going to be a leader here, and he is a.sserting himself right now.”

There was no denying Quarles’ contribution to the Buccaneers through 10 seasons.

Quarles averaged 152.8 tackles in his final five seasons with the team, including 136 last season, despite all his physical problems. He nabbed his only Pro Bowl nod in 2002, as the Buccaneers won Super Bowl x*xVII.

Ruud said he learned plenty about football from playing behind Quarles for two years. Quarles’ influence on Ruud extends beyond the football field.

“A lot of guys don’t know what it’s like (to live in the NFL),” Ruud said. “Shelton really was a model of how you want to do that — community, balancing your time and still finding time to have some fun, but knowing your priorities.”

One of Quarles’ finest a.ssets was his communication skills. He was able to communicate formation changes and adjustments to his teammates. It’s a key component to playing middle linebacker, but perhaps more so in the Cover 2, a defense based on speed and position rather than power.

Keeping his teammates in line is now Ruud’s full time job.

“In college you always made the strength calls, but that was about it,” Ruud said. “Then you went and played. Here you’re non-stop talking from the huddle until the ball is snapped. That’s different. Guys (coming out of college) aren’t used to that. It’s crazy when you break the huddle, keep talking until the ball is snapped and then have to remember what to do.

“Hopefully it doesn’t look like that, but there have been times I’ve forgotten what to do.
 08-06-2007, 09:24 PM         #114
DJ sWiFt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
brooks/rudd/june >>>
 10 years ago '05        #115
booker20  OP
space
space
 deboj2000 said:
you guy's are sorry
and ur a fu*kin idiot... we should take the South division this year since
Atlanta has no qb
Carolina has been a let down
Saints defensive backs will show their true colors
plus our schedule is the easiest in the league...
 08-11-2007, 12:18 AM         #116
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here is a zip file full of Training Camp Pics some dude from another board hooked up for me. Nothing special but a fan can appreciate them. Saddens me to see Mike in Uniform nowing he wont be playing this season. :(

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '06        #117
holdndownfla 
space
space
$497 | Props total: 5 5
i was at the game tonight and i must say i was impressed by our depth
 10 years ago '04        #118
Obese82 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 0 0
Yea we have definitely established our O-Line and I was really impressed by McCown. I cant wait for the season! So glad football is back!!!
 10 years ago '04        #119
knotmydayever 
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 425 425
will simms go on IR? McNown looked good...
 10 years ago '05        #120
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,328 | Props total: 14122 14122
Yeah im about to jump on the Luke McCown bandwagon depending on how he performs tonight..I like Kenneth Darby too hes got a great vision

LETS GO BUCS!!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy