Tampa Bay Bucs thread

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 9 years ago '05        #301
booker20  OP
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Caddy is officially back with the team and doing contact drills :applause: hope he returns to form or we'll be taking Spiller in this draft
 11-13-2008, 12:05 PM         #302
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shiiiit Sabby beasts on Madden once he progresses to a 99 LOL

anyways that is good that Caddy is back, hopefully he gets back to form....i wonder what Gruden will do to handle the RB situation.
 11-14-2008, 07:59 PM         #303
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 booker20 said:
they think hes the next lynch.... jury is still out on that
I don't know, I still like having Phillips on the field. He's one of the best SS in the league, especially at stopping the run. If Sabby can get better at reading offenses and sniffing out the run, he might really have the potential to be "the next lynch".
 12-04-2008, 11:01 PM         #304
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bump for MNF.

Game is gonna be huge.
 9 years ago '05        #305
booker20  OP
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Win and we're in.... one game one game.... we still got a shot at the division with a win and walk in the park next week... Giants need to beat up on the Panthers and then Brees needs to feast on the secondary
 9 years ago '04        #306
knotmydayever 
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 425 425
Way to blow it by cutting BROOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 9 years ago '04        #307
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,409 | Props total: 11790 11790

[pic - click to view]

On a Whole New Level

Apr 01, 2009 - On the last play of the last drill of Tuesday morning's practice at One Buccaneer Place, Jermaine Phillips dashed across the sideline, threw himself to the ground and began a series of punitive push-ups.

The punishment, it turns out, was self-imposed.

Back on the field, the reaction was much different. Phillips' teammates 'oohed' and 'aahed' over his quick reaction on the play, Defensive Coordinator Jim Bates shouted his approval and Linebackers Coach Joe Barry ran after Phillips to pound him on the back. "Next time," yelled Barry, "one-handed interception and take it to the house, Flip."

And therein lies the reason for the push-ups, whether truly deserved or not. Phillips had read the play perfectly, made an extremely quick move to get between fullback B.J. Askew and the oncoming pass and nearly snared the football with his outstretched left hand. Phillips wanted the big play; his coaches were simply thrilled that he had made the right play.

See, what was important about that particular dash to the correct spot was that Phillips made it from the weakside linebacker position. A safety throughout his college and pro playing days, the eighth-year veteran is taking on a new challenge in 2009, trying to learn the position that, for the Buccaneers, has been filled by Pro Bowler Derrick Brooks for the last 14 years.

The Buccaneers' morning practice on Tuesday – the first of five workouts that will comprise the team's voluntary mini-camp – was Phillips' initial opportunity to take a run at the position in the context of actual, organized competition. The drill was a seven-on-seven period – meaning all passing, no running – but it was at full speed against experienced offensive players. Phillips looked like a natural.

"The first day, I paid a little more attention to Flip than I did to other players," admitted new Defensive Coordinator Jim Bates. "I thought he had an excellent start. He's picked it up well and he's done some things surprisingly well."

Phillips got some one-on-one coaching from the Bucs' defensive staff two weeks ago, but Tampa Bay's coaches were off last week while the NFL held its owners' meetings. His years of coming down "into the box" in run support as Tampa Bay's hard-hitting safety have given him quite a bit of default experience in the linebackers' realm, but it would be natural for Phillips to be a bit confused in the early going. Instead, he says the game is already slowing down for him at his new spot.

"I feel like I'm a linebacker already," said Phillips. "It's coming. It's just a matter of getting my reads down and getting my keys down and doing the little things, and talking to some of the linebackers who've been here and them letting me know different things here and there that maybe I can add to my bag of tricks to help me out.

Phillips, who has approximately 230 pounds on his 6-2 frame, said he doesn't plan to change his size to fit his possible new position. Indeed, the broad-shouldered safety didn't look at all out of place among the Bucs' other linebackers on the practice field on Tuesday.

"I've always said, 'Just come down," said linebacker Barrett Ruud. "'You're already 230 pounds; just take a couple steps forward. Now you can eat your cookies; you don't have to watch your weight anymore. You can come down and play with me and be fat and happy.'"

Phillips strong first impression is just that: a first impression. He didn't have to react to a strong-side run or a play-action pass in that seven-on-seven drill, and he won't even get a chance to bang pads with a lineman until training camp. Ruud knows that battle with the big men on the line, as well as the reduced reaction time between the two levels of defense, are two areas that would test any safety trying to make such a transition.

"Just dealing with linemen all the time [is difficult]," said Ruud. "It's a little bit more of quicker reads. Safety, you've got a little more time to oversee the whole field. Linebacker, you're in the box and you're reading a smaller area. You have to be able to take one player and key them as opposed to maybe having a whole field to survey over."

Still, Tuesday's work represented a very good start for Phillips, who found it most challenging trying to decide which group to join during individual drills.

"I was a little confused, and then I was torn," he said with a smile. "Man, I got my safeties and DBs over here and my linebackers over here. Maybe I should just go down with the D-Line so I don't hurt anybody's feelings. It was good, though. It was a smooth transition today. I lined up in the right places and did the right a.ssignments."
 9 years ago '08        #308
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,487 | Props total: 580 580
I got a good feeling Jags and Bucs will be making a draft day trade if Tampa wants a QB in the first round.
 04-11-2009, 02:52 PM         #309
magicsizing12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am elated that they finally got rid of Gruden and Allen.....BUT....what the heck are they doing to actually improve the personnel on the field? Love the Winslow pickup, but outside of that, what have they done?????? Come On, over 40 mil in cap room, and this is all we get???
 9 years ago '07        #310
jasonsam21 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are gearing up for their most interesting season since their storied Super Bowl run in 2002. The team has a new coach, new general manager, new quarterbacks, new defensive coordinator, and well, new everything.

“Starting Anew” should be the motto at One Buc Place this season since there was a house cleaning and a complete departure from everything Jon Gruden.

No longer will the team train at the Walt Disney World Sports Complex, instead Morris has opted to have the team hold training camp in Tampa Bay .

Even with the changes the organization has made personnel and organization wide, will it make a difference?

During the 2008 season, the team primarily used Jeff Garcia and Brian Griese under center. While neither quarterback put up stellar numbers, Garcia at least provided leadership that the young Bucs offense needed.

Garcia also brought a near 65% completion percentage, 12 touchdowns, and quarterback rating of 114 on pass attempts longer than 10 yards. His production and leadership will be hard to replace.

In his place the Bucs have rookie Josh Freeman, veteran quarterbacks Byron Leftwich and Luke McCown, and Brian Griese. Earlier this off-season McCown stated that he felt the starting job was his to loose and that no-one can take that position away from him.

But I’m pretty sure head coach Raheem Morris wants a competition instead of a handing the job to McCown. But if McCown wants the job, let’s explore his stats. .

Luke McCown

Right, we can’t because there are none to go off of. McCown is going to have to prove himself in mini and training camp in order to “keep” the job.

Moving on, let’s take a peek at Byron Leftwich. Remember him? Started in Jacksonville for awhile before Del Rio gave him the boot in favor of David Garrard. Then he went on to back up Joey Harrington, of all people, in Atlanta then proceeded to win a Super Bowl with the Steelers as Big Ben’s number two.

Byron Leftwich

When examining his stats, Leftwich is a frontrunner. When his teams are ahead he does better, which is true for many quarterbacks in the NFL. His rating when ahead by 10+ points is a staggering 130.4. However, when his teams are behind by more than 5 points his rating drops 45 points down to 85. But looking at Byron’s stats in the 4th quarter, his rating is 110, but he only has a completion rate of 54%.

That’s an astounding stat because the Bucs may play from behind during the season. If that is the case, Leftwich may not be the type of quarterback the team needs.

So with McCown staking claim on the job with no experience to do so and Leftwich needing to prove himself as a leader and capable of bringing his team back, I’m not sure if either gentleman will be under center when the NFL kicks off.

Part II of this centerpiece on the Bucs quarterbacks will be published this coming Tuesday; feature Brian Griese and Josh Freeman.

-JH

9 years ago '04        #311
nyk 
space
space
space
$424 | Props total: 126 126
yaya f**kin bucs s**tty a.ss quarterbacks lol and im a bucs fan for life lol

theyll get vick ...
 9 years ago '04        #312
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,531 | Props total: 6460 6460
 nyk said:
yaya f**kin bucs s**tty a.ss quarterbacks lol and im a bucs fan for life lol

theyll get vick ...
Yeah I really don't see nothing special in the QBs TB got, maybe Freeman might be something special if they bring along WR to take pressure off K2 and Bryant. Is the O-line real good? I doubt they get Vick seems like alot of teams scared to trade players in the same division as them. I honestly could see him as a Seahawk
 9 years ago '05        #313
MATIX 
space
space
$7,990 | Props total: 73 73
evaluation - they suck.
the end
 9 years ago '04        #314
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,409 | Props total: 11790 11790
they need to start leftwich
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
38 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
194 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago