Tampa Bay Bucs thread

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
138 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
86 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-31-2008, 08:48 PM         #281
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:
We finally dropped Gradkowski's wack a.ss..now get rid of Simms and we set
:applause:

P.S. This Nostradamus-level thread is on FIRE.
 9 years ago '04        #282
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,333 | Props total: 11464 11464
BUCS BABY I CANT WAIT TILL THE 1st PRESEASON GAME!!!!!
 9 years ago '04        #283
space
space

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '05        #284
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
I hope Gradkowski ends up being good somewhere else.
 9 years ago '08        #285
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,640 | Props total: 2142 2142
Let`s f*king get it this year!!!!!
 06-18-2008, 09:13 PM         #286
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*bumps*

owww! :applause:
 9 years ago '05        #287
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,052 | Props total: 6951 6951
Buccaneers Offseason Rewind, Vol. 3

PRIORITY THREE: DETERMINE IF DT JOVAN HAYE IS THE ANSWER AT UNDER TACKLE OR IF A FREE AGENT SIGNING IS IN ORDER.

WHAT I SAID THEN?

I really enjoyed watching Haye play this year. He came up through college football as an end and began his NFL career at end. But when the Bucs got a hold of him in 2006 they asked him to transfer his skills to the under tackle position. After a transition period, Haye got the most out of his skills, finishing with 97 tackles, six sacks and an NFL-leading four fumble recoveries.

But one must wonder if the 6-foot-2, 285-pound Haye is the right player at under tackle in the long term. That is what the Bucs will spend the offseason trying to figure out.

Haye has solid pass rush ability. Where I think he’s a bit deficient is on running downs. The Bucs finished 17th against the run this year and the under tackle is a key component. The perfect under tackle — Warren Sapp — could stop the run and rush the passer without having to come off the field. Sapp also has at least 15 pounds on Haye, which means a player of Sapp’s size is less likely to be pushed around by a 325-pound right guard.

And that could be a problem in the long-term if the Bucs want to return to stopping the run as they did several years ago.

Haye may eventually become that Sapp-like player, but the Bucs would have to bank on the potential flashed during just one season. Haye is a restricted free agent, so it’s very unlikely he’ll end up going anywhere.

The question is, can the Bucs do better?

They can if they make a serious push to sign new-minted All-Pro and Tennessee Titans DT Albert Haynesworth.

At 6-foot-6, 320 pounds, Haynesworth has everything the Bucs could be looking for — size, height, quickness and natural ability. It’s no surprise that the Titans had a great run defense with Haynesworth and an average one without him.

That is why Haynesworth will be one of the most sought-after free agents this offseason, if he hits the open market. The Titans could re-sign him before free agency begins or slap him with the franchise tag, all but making him impossible to sign.

But if he’s out there, and the Bucs are committed to signing “Tiger Woods” type players in free agency, Haynesworth has to be at the top of their list.

WHAT I SAY NOW?

The Bucs never got the chance to make a push for Haynesworth. The Titans did the smart thing and franchised him.

The Bucs, meanwhile, proved they believe Haye has some worth to them by slapping a first-round tender on the restricted free agent, meaning Haye will make about $2 million this year. Not exactly chump change for a late-round pick that worked his way through the NFL ranks.

So the Bucs answered at least part of the question. They believe Haye is their man at under tackle. But is he the short-term answer or the long-term answer? Haye is signed only through this year, and he’ll hit the market next year as an unrestricted free agent. Another season like 2007 and his asking price could be too rich for the Bucs to pay.

While I made the point that Sapp was the perfect under tackle (and I still believe that), the idea that your under tackle or nose tackle has to be a 300-pound behemoth is changing, thanks to what the New York Giants did last year.

The name of the game now is creating a pass rush, as teams are passing more than ever before. Many teams are also playing the Tampa 2 defense, which means they’re reliant on four down linemen to create pressure. Those defenses don’t want to use linebackers and corners to blitz. So many teams will start taking a page from the Giants’ playbook — and for that matter Indianapolis’ — and create packages with three ends, one of which is in that all-important under tackle position.

The Colts made the move a couple of year ago, slipping one of their top ends, Raheem Brock, inside. The Giants used plenty of sets last year using a pass rushing end, usually Justin Tuck, inside. Since teams are passing more, defenses are sacrificing less in terms of stopping the run by using an end inside. Now, defenses will get burned now and again, but that’s going to happen anyway.

The Bucs were burned by the Giants’ pass rush in the playoffs. They saw the value of this philosophy first-hand. And, to be truthful, the Bucs started down this path last year. The Bucs used Haye, Gaines Adams and Greg White together during the second half of last year, and given how they all blossomed during that time, one has to believe it worked. Since Haye came up as an end, he has the skill set. And working under defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin and line coach Larry Coyer, one has to believe his run defense will improve. It probably wasn’t lost on the Bucs that Haye had as many sacks as Adams last year. The Bucs will probably commit to this personnel set full bore in 2008.

But the way I see it, the Bucs are gambling a bit. If Haye continues to improve, he’ll have a better year than 2007, which will prove two things — that he’s their tackle of the future and that he was worthy of a long-term deal before the season. But by then, Haye will be nearing free agency and a big payday, and the Bucs will have to pay up or lose him. Unless you believe Greg Peterson or Dre Moore is that position’s future?

To me, the question isn’t quite answered yet.
 9 years ago '05        #288
booker20  OP
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
What ya'll think about Farve ending up in TB? would he get us over the hump? I think it'll be a little weird since GB was in our division for so long
 9 years ago '08        #289
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,640 | Props total: 2142 2142
 booker20 said:
What ya'll think about Farve ending up in TB? would he get us over the hump? I think it'll be a little weird since GB was in our division for so long
I really don`t want Favre to be honest. I mean sh*t, we already got an old a.ss QB. If they`re going to make a move, at least make a move for someone who isn`t gonna be there for only a season or two..
 9 years ago '05        #290
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,320 | Props total: 14091 14091
Bucs bi*chhhhh

Oh and btw

Garcia>>Favre

Favre i dont give a fu*k attitude will force more stupid a.ss passes then chris simms did...Favre the only QB i ever seen throw a int then walk off the field smilin all happy like he did something great

fu*k em

2 WORDS.......TENARD JACKSON:banghead::banghead:
 9 years ago '05        #291
stillsouf 
space
space
$922 | Props total: 19 19
^^^ Iono bout that now that Garcia was carted off the field last week without being touched.Ive changed my mind and fully support bringing in Farve
 08-08-2008, 08:12 PM         #292
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LET'S GET THIS fu*kING SHOW ON THE ROAD I AM GETTING IMPATIENT!

FIRE THEM CANNONS! :hyper:

Let's get this 13-3 season on the road
 9 years ago '05        #293
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
tonight!!!
 9 years ago '05        #294
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Simms finally cut :applause:
 09-01-2008, 11:36 AM         #295
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
word ^

YES! :)
 9 years ago '07        #296
T-BO 4 SHO 
space
space
space
$2,358 | Props total: 0 0
ready for the real season to start
 9 years ago '04        #297
space
space
Stovall Pissing Me Off Hes A Good WR He Just Cant Finish In Games He Needs 2 Make Those Big Catches
 10-20-2008, 03:18 PM         #298
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dexter Jackson needs to be shipped to the practice squad. He is pure garbage.
 10-30-2008, 08:00 PM         #299
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Piscitelli is starting at SS this week.
 9 years ago '05        #300
booker20  OP
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ said:
Piscitelli is starting at SS this week.
they think hes the next lynch.... jury is still out on that
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago